PDA

View Full Version : [07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Pages : [1] 2 3

Clare
07-11-2018, 01:14 PM
Hi everyone,

Please see below for the latest Message from the Team regarding Patch 14 and the Unity 2017 upgrade!

Clare

---------------

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing with the upgrade to Unity 2017 (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84520-06-06-Message-from-the-Team). We are still on track and currently working on ensuring the menus are behaving as they should with the new upgrade. After that we'll be moving onto getting the core single player game working on the new engine having already gotten a first bootable build with functional front-end UI.

We're eager to tackle the more persistent bugs in the game once the upgrade is complete, and excited to start to add some of the new features from A15 and A16 including new map locations for you to explore.

Thank you all once again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch again soon with more details on the progress of the upgrade and Patch 14.

Until then, happy surviving!
The 7DTD Console Team

-------------

Capp00
07-11-2018, 01:20 PM
Thanks for keeping people in the loop Claire! :)

Rastapog
07-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Ha !! Nice news !!

Thanks Clare

Armyballer
07-11-2018, 01:32 PM
Hells Yea!!!...as great as that sounds, it still sounds like we are months away...

SamCraftRecon
07-11-2018, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone,

Please see below for the latest Message from the Team regarding Patch 14 and the Unity 2017 upgrade!

Clare

---------------

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing with the upgrade to Unity 2017 (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?84520-06-06-Message-from-the-Team). We are still on track and currently working on ensuring the menus are behaving as they should with the new upgrade. After that we'll be moving onto getting the core single player game working on the new engine having already gotten a first bootable build with functional front-end UI.

We're eager to tackle the more persistent bugs in the game once the upgrade is complete, and excited to start to add some of the new features from A15 and A16 including new map locations for you to explore.

Thank you all once again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch again soon with more details on the progress of the upgrade and Patch 14.

The 7DTD Console Team

-------------

While it's great that we're being kept in the loop about the progress, it sounds like this is going to take a good few months to finish so we won't be getting the update for a while. While it's great to be getting the update and I'm thankful for it and can wait for it, I know others aren't the same though.

Death2gnomes
07-11-2018, 02:00 PM
Sounds like great news, and happy for console players to finally play a16, but I still dont get why are they still a whole alpha behind?

vegasdrm2020
07-11-2018, 02:13 PM
Great update, keep plugging away, we know good things are coming.
BTW, Clare, I am only week 2 into the IsTheThe game. looks like it will take a while to get a good building going. Im going totally non-creative, so it is a slow, painful process.

skippy0330
07-11-2018, 04:13 PM
Sounds like great news, and happy for console players to finally play a16, but I still dont get why are they still a whole alpha behind?

1) They aren't a alpha behind, console doesn't have alpha. its finished components.
2) Why would you ask after the disaster we call A16, why they didn't port that broken mess over?

bluefire6171
07-11-2018, 04:33 PM
Hi everyone,

Clare

---------------

Hi everyone,

The 7DTD Console Team

-------------

Maybe we will finally be able to make custom characters :0

Damselx1
07-11-2018, 05:02 PM
Thank you for the update, good to know how it's progressing!

Wjiiv
07-11-2018, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the update. Mucho apprecionado.

Splitknuckler
07-11-2018, 05:58 PM
I wanna preempt this: remember back when we complained TFP wouldn't communicate with us? Well here ya go. They are. Guys, appreciate the fact that this game has devs that care about their community. I'm not trying to kiss up, btw. Just dislike entitled, unappreciative people that are sure to gripe about Clare's message.

Thank you Fun Pimps

Heraclys
07-11-2018, 07:49 PM
I've been a big fan of this game since the beginning and still keep going back to it.
There is no other game out there that does what this game can do.
Forget all the people who complain and whine, and remember the ones that see this game as the beautifull diamond that it is and that even keeps getting more polished by each update.

With A17 on pc this game will be the best voxel game ever made (if it's not already).
For me it already is the best game ever in general.

Thank you for making this game better and better.

a4twenty
07-11-2018, 08:25 PM
I wanna preempt this: remember back when we complained TFP wouldn't communicate with us? Well here ya go. They are. Guys, appreciate the fact that this game has devs that care about their community. I'm not trying to kiss up, btw. Just dislike entitled, unappreciative people that are sure to gripe about Clare's message.

Thank you Fun Pimps

you seem to be confused, TFP are developing the PC version of the game, this is the console section.

Canyon757
07-11-2018, 08:28 PM
Just asking, I see it says core single player, will there still be multiplayer with the update?

Clare
07-11-2018, 08:34 PM
Just asking, I see it says core single player, will there still be multiplayer with the update?

Aye, everything will need to go along with the engine upgrade, that's just one of the things on the list :)

X16191
07-11-2018, 09:23 PM
I am happy to see things getting some love. People just dont understand that they dont have to do this.. Or they could charge us for the content.....

Games when i started gaming was 100% finished any type of update was co tent and you payed for it in the fourm of an exspantio. Most games however came 100% finished no updates we delt with the bugs. This. Bull♥♥♥♥ of kids( yes i am calling you all 5 to 35 kids) that act like they are the center of the world need to understand 1 thing. If you are unhappy with anything a game or a person. Just stop go away its simple.

Thank you the Dev team for the continued work you are doing. Dont mind all the kids that want everything spoon fed to them testerdayvwith no reguard the amount of work and time required.

Emc2
07-11-2018, 09:53 PM
Love this game!...Thank you devs and team for keeping us in the loop.Have a great day everyone!

SylenThunder
07-11-2018, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the update Claire.

For anyone not familiar with upgrading a game engine.... try to imagine this....

You've got your basic car you've been driving around. It's a standard sedan, and only holds 2 people comfortably, but you can squeeze two in the backseat. It's not very fast, and it gets about 18 miles to the gallon if you're careful. Something like a slightly rust mid-90's Neon.

Now, you take that car and swap out the engine. You design a new transmission to interface between the engine and the wheels from scratch, because one didn't exist for this setup previously. After you get that all done, you want to add some nicer features that are in other premium cars. Like a backup camera, bluetooth, and a digital dashboard. None of these components have ever worked together though. So you have to re-wire half of the car to make it all work. Testing the wiring setup as you go. Sometimes after adding a system, you realize that there is a problem with the previous wiring configuration you just made, and have to start all over from scratch.
Rinse and repeat that a few times before you can even get the engine running.

Now you have the engine running, but the gears aren't synced properly. You've got to do some running tests and re-configure the transmission to work efficiently with the car. While your're at it, you extend the vehicle a foot and give the back seat more legroom.

Now you've got the engine and trans working nicely, you program the computer to manage everything. This will require several road tests and dyno runs. Between each test is hours and hours of re-calibrating settings.

Then you realize the tires are ♥♥♥♥ for all this extra power you've got going on. Time to head to the tire shop and get a new pair of shoes.
All the added weight means your brakes aren't strong enough, so now you need a whole set of rotors, calipers, and pads that are bigger and more effective. You also need to fully convert the rear brakes from drums to rotors.

And now that's all set, it's back to the dyno machine and road tests.

Then there's bodywork to do, paint, more testing, and you have to get the car re-certified for road use.

A year later, it's your new daily driver. It doesn't have a whole lot more horsepower that before, but it's designed to use what it has more efficiently. It's faster, gets better gas mileage, and seats 4 with ease.

(Sorry if that gets you lost too. Racing and modding cars is my other hobby. It's easy for me to relate the two.)

Jimmy the Tulip
07-11-2018, 11:05 PM

This is phased testing. I can imagine it goes something like...
Phase 1 - A game that actually boots on the new engine
Phase 2 - Ensure front end UI is functional (all the game setup options, etc, we see before we start a game)
Phase 3 - Ensure single player game runs correctly with all SP functionality
Phase 4 - Ensure local Co-Op game runs correctly...
Phase 5 - Ensure multiplayer game runs correctly...

Splitknuckler
07-11-2018, 11:10 PM
you seem to be confused, TFP are developing the PC version of the game, this is the console section.

No sir, I'm not confused. Pretty sure TFP have a console team, in which Clare is a part of. They have to give iron galaxy and telltale the things to port over. So you're thinking about the guy making your burger, I'm talking about the ranchers.

Clare
07-11-2018, 11:14 PM
I don't work for TFP, I work on behalf of TTG and IGS. The messages come the console team which consists of TTG and IGS, but as TTG are the publishers most of the messages are from them. IGS would be more involved when it comes to patch notes and message contents like that.

Edit: To clarify, TFP do pass completed things to the console team to port, and sometimes there is some collaboration, but it's almost like two umbrellas rather than one.

SylenThunder
07-11-2018, 11:57 PM
I don't work for TFP, I work on behalf of TTG and IGS. The messages come the console team which consists of TTG and IGS, but as TTG are the publishers most of the messages are from them. IGS would be more involved when it comes to patch notes and message contents like that.

Edit: To clarify, TFP do pass completed things to the console team to port, and sometimes there is some collaboration, but it's almost like two umbrellas rather than one.
Ooh.. food reference. TFP is like TGI Friday's, and TTG/IG is like Rallys. :triumphant:

Splitknuckler
07-12-2018, 12:22 AM

Fair enough...I was kinda close...i think lol anyways I included this video madmole made a while back explaining the console update process. Hope it helps some of y'all

https://youtu.be/3O3HjqDNlmk

Jaalenn
07-12-2018, 12:43 AM

The reason consoles are so far behind is mostly due to the limitations on hardware imposed by said consoles. Aside from that, it's all coding. Making Asset A work with String B while ensure you're not crashing Thread C can be difficult, especially when you're not able to use simple workarounds because of the Console OS. Patience is key here.

Outlaw_187
07-12-2018, 03:59 AM
Man.....i saw thread #54 and thought, holy crap, the update is here!!!

Oh well, still good news. Like it's already been said, there are some who will still complain.
It does sound like we are still months away but it'll totally be worth the wait.

Good thing its summer time, we'll just have to go play outside until the update arrives 😐

crazywildfire
07-12-2018, 06:26 AM
Man.....i saw thread #54 and thought, holy crap, the update is here!!!

Oh well, still good news. Like it's already been said, there are some who will still complain.
It does sound like we are still months away but it'll totally be worth the wait.

Good thing its summer time, we'll just have to go play outside until the update arrives 😐

Yeah pretty much. I feel we are looking between October-December before the update but this is just my speculation. It wouldn't be a lie when they said later this year lol. I'm very interested in what all they are going to be able to do on console with this new unity update. Be very interesting to see how the game run after on both consoles and on top of that how much more will it allow them to add as in content.

Really at this point for me personally I have been on 6 days a week at work for the past 14 or so months not counting vacation time and holidays. They told us they bringing in even more work so don't see it letting up. So I haven't had much time to play much of anything. Now it is summer time it is sleep, eat, work, repeat and oh wait it is time to cut grass again lol. Between this and other games and A17 on PC when it hits will keep me going. But really excited about this when it does hit console it will be nice to play again with some friends and such.

MonzterAssassin
07-12-2018, 08:23 AM

Because you develop for the PC then port to the consoles.

Gravenlore
07-12-2018, 08:53 AM
I'm quite curious as to what features they are... Block painting? Armour colouring? New weapons? Turrets? Of course there's new zombies... right?

SylenThunder
07-12-2018, 10:43 AM
Because you develop for the PC then port to the consoles.
Not quite. The PC version is an Alpha build that is still having core features developed. The upcoming release of a17 for the PC isn't just a usual update with a few features either. Almost the entire code has been re-done from the ground up. Not just because of upgrading to Unity 2017/18, but also because entire systems like buffs and zombie AI have been re-written from scratch.

The console version on the other hand, was taken as a finished product on Alpha build a14.7. It was pretty stable, but still had a few bugs. They ported that to the console, and have been getting updates from The Fun Pimps as items are deemed stable/complete enough to be ported over. If a system is unfinished (like electricity has been), it will not likely be ported over to the console. (Which is why I'm always amazed that they put the minibike in the console.)
The console version is published by TellTaleGames, and is being developed by Iron Galaxy. This is completely separate and independent of the PC Alpha development. So much so, that you can almost consider them two wholly separate games.

Now the Console version is being updated to the newer version of Unity. I imagine you will see things like painting, the crossbow, updated zombie types, and possibly electricity. I do not imagine that you will see things come to the console like the new cars, the new buff system, the new AI, or bandits and survivors.

Which isn't to say the console isn't getting those things. Hell, if TFP things they have it stable enough, and IG is able to make it work within the horrid system specs of the console, it just might be in the next update.

I wouldn't get your hopes on anything huge though. I imagine you'll get the rest of what was in a15, a good part of what is currently in a16, and a very good bit of optimization. Which may be able to lead to expanded worlds, and a better multiplayer experience. Hopefully they'll also have found a good way to work around the bugs caused by Microsoft's horrible file system.

GermanPatriot
07-12-2018, 11:04 AM
Thanks for the update, Clare.

It sounds like we are still far away from the update which probably will come in October if you ask for my estimation. The the most persistent bugs will be eliminated after finishing the update. As soon as this is done they will port some features from A15 and A16 step by step to consoles which never have been available on PS4/XB1. New places (probably buildings and more special places like construction sites) will be added. That sounds pretty cool but it will be hard to wait a few months more. :/
But after all, thanks for holding up the game and making the upgrade. This will make more people support the project.

mrkrow69
07-12-2018, 03:08 PM
Very exciting update from the team. Thanks, Clare and please pass along our gratitude to the team in keeping us updated.

I agree with many where we are for sure looking at the Q4 for this release. Though that seems to be a long time away, it will be here before you know it.

Thanks again Clare for the updates. Tell the team we greatly appreciate their hard work and are excited to see the fruits of their labor.

Wjiiv
07-12-2018, 05:06 PM
I was busy and missed out on all the terrible analogies from sylenthunder!!! So heres mine.

The fun pimps and telltale and iron galaxy are like a 3 way switch. Telltale are iron galaxy are the travelers and the fun pimps are the hot. They fun pimps are constantly supplying power but until the travelers are switched to the right setting you still wont have power and the light will still be off. If that dont explain it, i dont know what will!!!

Clare
07-12-2018, 07:17 PM
So many analogies and I don't even know what a Rally's is.... *google* ...now I'm just hungry.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, thank you all for your support, I will definitely pass these messages back to the team :)

Lax
07-12-2018, 11:18 PM
I couldn't imagine playing the game without the minibike. The game opens up so much for me once I obtain it. But what I really want is that compound Bow and some nice Bow perks to go along with it. Imagine having a "Hawkeye" perk, performing no look kills! That would be sweet.

Big Sha
07-13-2018, 12:58 PM
Thank you for the update!

maughanorama
07-13-2018, 10:33 PM
I wonder if the unity update will change the game massively. Like rust changed.. I still like the original rust but the newer version is more polished. Also I wonder if it will be optimized this time around.
And before sly jumps down my throat. No I'm not a games developer

TricKalo
07-14-2018, 01:50 AM
the max amount of players increasing..?
4 players is kinda boring.

crazywildfire
07-14-2018, 03:19 AM
I wonder if the unity update will change the game massively. Like rust changed.. I still like the original rust but the newer version is more polished. Also I wonder if it will be optimized this time around.
And before sly jumps down my throat. No I'm not a games developer

Not sure what you mean by massively. The new unity update is allowing them to optimize the game more so yes to that. By how much no information has been released yet to say but I would imagine by good amount. On top of that they did say more content was coming but again they haven't said what yet so we don't know yet what is coming besides more stuff from A15 and stuff from A16 from PC.

Probably not but who knows. My best guess based on things that have been talked about would be no though.

Katalisa
07-14-2018, 05:46 AM
Is there an expected release date?

crazywildfire
07-14-2018, 06:13 AM
Is there an expected release date?

No not yet. All they have said was later this year. So all anyone can do is guess. If you would like a guess answer it would be between October-December. But that is my opinion and if if it comes before then well that would be even better. My opinion is based on the fact that this unity update isn't a fast in and out kind of update it has even taken time to do it on pc. We have yet to get a release date and on top of that it will still need right around a month after it is ready to get Sony and Microsoft to approve it and such before they can release it. So that is why this would be my opinion of Q4 before it is released.

Outlaw_187
07-14-2018, 08:00 AM
We do know there are more poi's/possibly more map space coming according to the last update from Clare.

So what all poi's are we missing? I know the poopy pants daycare, the skyscraper/dishong tower (i hope we get this), isnt there a laundromat in A16?

I cant remember any others from videos ive watched in the past. I actually havent been watching too many gameplay videos, with the exception of madmoles videos for the upcoming A17 features.

crazywildfire
07-14-2018, 08:24 AM
We do know there are more poi's/possibly more map space coming according to the last update from Clare.

So what all poi's are we missing? I know the poopy pants daycare, the skyscraper/dishong tower (i hope we get this), isnt there a laundromat in A16?

I cant remember any others from videos ive watched in the past. I actually havent been watching too many gameplay videos, with the exception of madmoles videos for the upcoming A17 features.

The more map space is for navezgane and not sure I would call it more space. They added a city to the bottom SE corner of the map.

A few poi's at the top of my head that are currently in PC at this time. Construction site, skyscrapers, pawn shop, academy, fire department, school and football field added to rwg, some factory's I think one or two of them are from navezgane that came to rwg, laundromat, a drive in dinner type of place, a few houses. Might be a few more so many I can't remember. Oh yeah I think the hospital from navezgane was added to rwg and some big hotel or something with a pool out back was added and I think the snow lodge from navezgane was added to rwg and the bunker type caves was added to rwg the one where big hole in ground and has a door that goes into like a hideout or whatever.

Outlaw_187
07-14-2018, 12:22 PM
Awesome. Hope we get all that stuff! Ill be happy with whatever. Im more of a looter so new poi's to hit is big on my list

SylenThunder
07-14-2018, 12:30 PM
This is primarily a hardware limitation. I would hope that optimization will lend the ability to have more. Keep in mind though that the main game is only designed for 8.

This isn't a MMO. This isn't Battlefield. This is not a massive PVP/Raid game like Fortnight or Pubg.
This game is intended to be friendly PvE Co-op with a small group.

To date, they have indicated no inclination towards increasing the player count on consoles. Whether this is because they know they won't be able to get the hardware to do it, or some other arbitrary decision is unclear. Doing the math on the console hardware, and game system requirements however leads to indicate the former. Much more information on this is available here...
Sticky: Dedicated Servers or Increased Player Count on Console or Split Screen MP (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72169-Dedicated-Servers-or-Increased-Player-Count-on-Console-or-Split-Screen-MP)

crazywildfire
07-14-2018, 12:35 PM
Not sure what is being added/change. I will say be ready and prepared. What the added and changed on PC for A16 could make it as they said some stuff will. In A16 no more spam crafting to get points up, the box creates that you break to get the loot box behind it changed so you could spend time breaking into them and get the cloth arm rest or whatever. Zombies walking the streets and towns got replaced with sleepers. No more hub city at 0,0. Some seeds do have towns and stuff around that spot and with console being a smaller map it will increase the odds of something still at 0,0 in my opinion.

Anyway that some stuff out of many and as of now no guarantee any of that will come to console just sayin it is possible so be prepared.

MJS101104
07-14-2018, 07:40 PM
If they need to open up resources, one thing they could do is remove things like the registers that you can't loot. Makes no sense to have both lootable and non-lootable registers when empty lootable registers serve a similar function. So maybe they can remove those to make room for new objects?

I'm also hoping the new update brings the ability to paint blocks at least. That would be helpful, and give more use for rarely used objects that already exist.

fyiiamaheavy
07-14-2018, 09:39 PM
I think we will see the following in patch 14

New Navezgane town called departure
Faster minibikes
Sleepers
New zombies
Paint
Engine upgrade (duh)
New pois daycare etc ( poopy pants for the win
New randon gen worlds
Map previewer for random gen
Major fix for mp5 for Xbox 1
Double looting zombies in multiplayer servers (bug)
New night vision
Stealth from alpha 16

crazywildfire
07-15-2018, 01:53 AM
Any of those are possible. I wouldn't hold my breath on faster minibike or map previewer but it is possible. Reason I feel this way is console still going to have slower chunks rendering then PC. It might be a little faster then it is now but still not going to load as fast so not sure if they will do a faster minibike but they could if it does load in a little faster then it does now.... map previewer for console would be cool and great. It could happen they have shocked me with what they been able to get in game before the optimization. So it is possible but the map pre for PC eats a lot of memory from PC and you can normally get a handful of maps to load in but after looking at a handful of seeds the game crashes and you have to load game back up. So unless they can do something about that I'm not sure they would add it. But again it possible they could though.

TheNeoReaper
07-15-2018, 03:38 AM
i'm going to say October at the latest.

cpitts40
07-15-2018, 04:50 AM
would help performance if we could have an option to scale down some things. like mountain/hill height, depth of water, how much water, depth you can dig, height you can build, how much grass, etc.

kilgore_trout87
07-15-2018, 07:01 AM
Hi everyone,

Clare

---------------

Hi everyone,

The 7DTD Console Team

-------------

Thanks for the update. But what does Unity 2017 mean for consumers?

As a console pleb, I don't get what that means.

kilgore_trout87
07-15-2018, 07:08 AM
This is primarily a hardware limitation. I would hope that optimization will lend the ability to have more. Keep in mind though that the main game is only designed for 8.

This isn't a MMO. This isn't Battlefield. This is not a massive PVP/Raid game like Fortnight or Pubg.
This game is intended to be friendly PvE Co-op with a small group.

To date, they have indicated no inclination towards increasing the player count on consoles. Whether this is because they know they won't be able to get the hardware to do it, or some other arbitrary decision is unclear. Doing the math on the console hardware, and game system requirements however leads to indicate the former. Much more information on this is available here...
Sticky: Dedicated Servers or Increased Player Count on Console or Split Screen MP (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?72169-Dedicated-Servers-or-Increased-Player-Count-on-Console-or-Split-Screen-MP)

Why do you keep purpoting to care about console?

crazywildfire
07-15-2018, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the update. But what does Unity 2017 mean for consumers?

As a console pleb, I don't get what that means.

Maybe someone else can explain it better. But basically the hardware engine they build the game on had a update to make it where developers have more options and such to get more out of the project they do. In this case allowing them to optimize the game even more then before. So now the things that was in game can be worked on to have it run better and better performance also some of those things don't use as much memory and or other specs so this opens the door to be able to add some more stuff.

Now I'm not on the team so I can't say how much this will do for console and now much more it will allow them to add but anything to allow even if it is a little in better performance and anything to add even if it is just a little more content is ok by me.

Why do you keep purpoting to care about console?

Not sure why you keep saying him and others like myself that try and help that we don't care about console we need to go back to PC. I know we both have console and I know he plays on console so as a mod in the forums he tries and help people the best way he can. I know both of us love console just as much as anyone else. Can't speak for him but I probably play console more then I do on the PC.

MJS101104
07-15-2018, 10:14 AM
Dude, Kilgore is just trying to antagonize people. Just ignore him.

SylenThunder
07-15-2018, 12:36 PM
Not sure why you keep saying him and others like myself that try and help that we don't care about console we need to go back to PC. I know we both have console and I know he plays on console so as a mod in the forums he tries and help people the best way he can. I know both of us love console just as much as anyone else. Can't speak for him but I probably play console more then I do on the PC.

I probably spend a little more time on the PC, but that's mostly because I host several servers and write my own game mods. Plus my TV kinda sucks. I do still genuinely enjoy the console version, and will be extremely happy for it to get more in-line with the PC version. Especially in the arena of multiplayer and modding.

crazywildfire
07-15-2018, 01:01 PM
I probably spend a little more time on the PC, but that's mostly because I host several servers and write my own game mods. Plus my TV kinda sucks. I do still genuinely enjoy the console version, and will be extremely happy for it to get more in-line with the PC version. Especially in the arena of multiplayer and modding.

I hear yeah. I been working 6 days a week minus holidays and vacation time for over a year now. So my body aches so I like to lay down and play and not be in a chair up at the screen. I do have wireless mouse and keyboard but still got to sit up to use those. Anyway so I tend to jump on console more especially lately. But either way we both and even a few others like playing console also. Some just for whatever reason think because you have PC you don't play or care about console and want to try and turn it into a PCMR thing.

Back on topic some stuff I'm not looking forward to if some of those things do make it over to console. But other things I'm looking forward to seeing they make it or not. As I said recently not sure if map previewer will make it or not but I do hope it does it would be a good tool to have for console even if it has been modified to just work as a simple previewer. I love the paint on PC so definitely hope it makes it. I use compound now a lot on PC so hope it makes it. As many if the poi's I hope make it hopefully all of them will I'm just iffy on if the skyscrapers will make it or not. So many more things. Really am excited to see what all they can do.

fyiiamaheavy
07-15-2018, 01:14 PM
I know it cant hapoen (maybe) what if after tje engine update they allow us to get mods. I would download war of the walkers lol

crazywildfire
07-15-2018, 01:49 PM
I know it cant hapoen (maybe) what if after tje engine update they allow us to get mods. I would download war of the walkers lol

It isn't up to them. It would be up to Sony and Microsoft. Considering they are mods for a alpha game and not a finished game is most likely not going to get approved. Then on top of that the mods not sure about every one of them but most of them at least run with higher specs then the requirements for the vanilla version so they would have to optimize the mods also and don't think they would do that if it is even possible to get them to where they can run on console.

It would be cool though I would say.

fyiiamaheavy
07-15-2018, 02:29 PM
If i had to guess. Update 14 will be released in August

skippy0330
07-15-2018, 03:25 PM
It isn't up to them. It would be up to Sony and Microsoft. Considering they are mods for a alpha game and not a finished game is most likely not going to get approved. Then on top of that the mods not sure about every one of them but most of them at least run with higher specs then the requirements for the vanilla version so they would have to optimize the mods also and don't think they would do that if it is even possible to get them to where they can run on console.

It would be cool though I would say.

Console will never have mods. Period. Mods allow you to change the coding and behavior of games. Consoles do not allow this, the games themeselves, have to be submitted and put through testing from both microsoft and sony, before tehy are released. This also includes updates.

console doesn't allow software that will potentially brick / cause reset of the system and its software. It's part of buying a 300 dollar stripped down pc.

If you're gonna say "but bethesda has mods!" they dont - this isn't mods, it's dlc. Its created with rules and limits, through a dev kit, approved by bethesda, and sony and microsft. That's not modding, that's using the word to get console fans to pay for dlc they didn't have to make.

crazywildfire
07-15-2018, 03:59 PM
Console will never have mods. Period. Mods allow you to change the coding and behavior of games. Consoles do not allow this, the games themeselves, have to be submitted and put through testing from both microsoft and sony, before tehy are released. This also includes updates.

console doesn't allow software that will potentially brick / cause reset of the system and its software. It's part of buying a 300 dollar stripped down pc.

If you're gonna say "but bethesda has mods!" they dont - this isn't mods, it's dlc. Its created with rules and limits, through a dev kit, approved by bethesda, and sony and microsft. That's not modding, that's using the word to get console fans to pay for dlc they didn't have to make.

Didn't I say it was up to Sony and Microsoft that it was most likely not going to get approved? Yeah think I did thanks for the extra details though.

kilgore_trout87
07-15-2018, 10:04 PM

Clearly you and Sylven have a very different definition of the word "help" than most people.

- - - Updated - - -

If i had to guess. Update 14 will be released in August

What year? Lol!

fyiiamaheavy
07-15-2018, 10:40 PM
This year xD

kilgore_trout87
07-15-2018, 10:43 PM
Not quite. The PC version is an Alpha build that is still having core features developed. The upcoming release of a17 for the PC isn't just a usual update with a few features either. Almost the entire code has been re-done from the ground up. Not just because of upgrading to Unity 2017/18, but also because entire systems like buffs and zombie AI have been re-written from scratch.

The console version on the other hand, was taken as a finished product on Alpha build a14.7. It was pretty stable, but still had a few bugs. They ported that to the console, and have been getting updates from The Fun Pimps as items are deemed stable/complete enough to be ported over. If a system is unfinished (like electricity has been), it will not likely be ported over to the console. (Which is why I'm always amazed that they put the minibike in the console.)
The console version is published by TellTaleGames, and is being developed by Iron Galaxy. This is completely separate and independent of the PC Alpha development. So much so, that you can almost consider them two wholly separate games.

Now the Console version is being updated to the newer version of Unity. I imagine you will see things like painting, the crossbow, updated zombie types, and possibly electricity. I do not imagine that you will see things come to the console like the new cars, the new buff system, the new AI, or bandits and survivors.

Which isn't to say the console isn't getting those things. Hell, if TFP things they have it stable enough, and IG is able to make it work within the horrid system specs of the console, it just might be in the next update.

I wouldn't get your hopes on anything huge though. I imagine you'll get the rest of what was in a15, a good part of what is currently in a16, and a very good bit of optimization. Which may be able to lead to expanded worlds, and a better multiplayer experience. Hopefully they'll also have found a good way to work around the bugs caused by Microsoft's horrible file system.

It seems pretty dishonest to claim that the console version is "technically" a finished product, when nowhere in the game description on the console version, that this broken port of an alpha game is a "finished" product.

7DTD is still in need of major bug fixes. If you're going to put a "finished product" price tag on the game, then you better be willing to keep supporting and developing the game until it's worth the $39.99 you've charged consumers.

TFP really either need to drop the "console is sold as a finished product" cop out or start issuing refunds.

kilgore_trout87
07-15-2018, 11:04 PM
Dude, Kilgore is just trying to antagonize people. Just ignore him.

I am insisting that the devs give consumers a game worth the $39.99 they were charged.

Darkphnix
07-16-2018, 02:08 AM
This year xD

Letís hope but I think thatís optimistic. Now that they have a bootable version, which was a huge milestone for them Iím sure and good news which is why they shared it, things should start to progress quickly. That said, they probably have a lot of work in front of them. If I were to guess Iím thinking October to December time frame. Depends on how smooth things go. Even if it went further then that Iíd be okay with it. Now that they have aligned the game engine and code base we get a new life on the console. Honestly though Iíd take just a few new zombie types, the paint brush, the new traps, open up more of creative to the traders and fix the dead zone on the controllers.

crazywildfire
07-16-2018, 06:42 AM
Clearly you and Sylven have a very different definition of the word "help" than most people.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems pretty dishonest to claim that the console version is "technically" a finished product, when nowhere in the game description on the console version, that this broken port of an alpha game is a "finished" product.

7DTD is still in need of major bug fixes. If you're going to put a "finished product" price tag on the game, then you better be willing to keep supporting and developing the game until it's worth the $39.99 you've charged consumers.

TFP really either need to drop the "console is sold as a finished product" cop out or start issuing refunds.

You have been told several times and it is all over the forums about the things you complain about. You don't want to understand them and want to turn everything into a PCMR thing. It isn't our fault because you can't read or understand what has been told to you several times over and over again. So yeah you might not see it as help when you come bashing everyone that tells you something that you don't believe in.

So again for whatever reason I'm even taking the time to do this. But here do they have to put finished game on a box? Not sure how many games got it on a box that reads this game is a finished game. Every game that comes out today had issues with them so none of them from what you are saying are finished. This game is a finished game on console. Not saying it doesn't have issues or bugs but that isn't what they are referring to when they say finished. They say finished because it isn't in alpha like PC is and console has no guarantee that it will get anything else from PC after A14. So this is why they said finished. Not because of bugs or glitches. As said 99% of games that come out today has bugs and glitches.

They are still working on the game and have not charged you anything extra for all they have done. They have not left us in the dust or they have not shown they don't care.

Again TFP are not over the console version TT is the publisher of the console version they got IG to do the porting for them. All TFP do is pass the files over to the console team and let them handle the console as to what they can get into the game and what they can't. I don't know what deal they made 9r what all I can say is TT came to TFP when A14 was out and seen a finished game. So they seen something in A14 to see worth selling as a finished game. So they worked out whatever they worked out TFP gave them the rights to handle console. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't even be on console because TFP want to work and stay focus on the PC version not worry about something more. If you want a refund you have to go see who you bought the game from. Nobody here can give you your money back. More on all this plus more is here on the forums. Look around read some. If you are still not happy then I suggest you just let it be and move on to something else if it gets you that upset.

Ozymondiaz
07-16-2018, 12:35 PM
This year xD

If you have ever played a fallout game in the ps3 era. You payed $60 for a significantly more buggy game

maughanorama
07-16-2018, 12:57 PM
BORED BORED BORED BORED of the same old same old convo.

theres an update coming at some point, every update theres a massive whinge up moaning about content and lack off... im bored of the same shizzle.
just know theres an update coming and it probably wont have what you want in it.

jetZeds
07-16-2018, 02:57 PM
I am insisting that the devs give consumers a game worth the $39.99 they were charged.

I don't know many who paid that for the console version.
I bought both of my console versions for $19.99 when it first dropped. The hundreds of hours I've put into this game, more than makes up for what ive paid & I'm excited for the future upgrades.

kilgore_trout87
07-16-2018, 06:29 PM
You have been told several times and it is all over the forums about the things you complain about. You don't want to understand them and want to turn everything into a PCMR thing. It isn't our fault because you can't read or understand what has been told to you several times over and over again. So yeah you might not see it as help when you come bashing everyone that tells you something that you don't believe in.

So again for whatever reason I'm even taking the time to do this. But here do they have to put finished game on a box? Not sure how many games got it on a box that reads this game is a finished game. Every game that comes out today had issues with them so none of them from what you are saying are finished. This game is a finished game on console. Not saying it doesn't have issues or bugs but that isn't what they are referring to when they say finished. They say finished because it isn't in alpha like PC is and console has no guarantee that it will get anything else from PC after A14. So this is why they said finished. Not because of bugs or glitches. As said 99% of games that come out today has bugs and glitches.

They are still working on the game and have not charged you anything extra for all they have done. They have not left us in the dust or they have not shown they don't care.

Again TFP are not over the console version TT is the publisher of the console version they got IG to do the porting for them. All TFP do is pass the files over to the console team and let them handle the console as to what they can get into the game and what they can't. I don't know what deal they made 9r what all I can say is TT came to TFP when A14 was out and seen a finished game. So they seen something in A14 to see worth selling as a finished game. So they worked out whatever they worked out TFP gave them the rights to handle console. If it wasn't for that it wouldn't even be on console because TFP want to work and stay focus on the PC version not worry about something more. If you want a refund you have to go see who you bought the game from. Nobody here can give you your money back. More on all this plus more is here on the forums. Look around read some. If you are still not happy then I suggest you just let it be and move on to something else if it gets you that upset.

How many games can you name that were ported to console while the PC version was in Alpha?

I can't think of any besides 7DtD because it's probably a poor business decision and arguably pretty unethical to do so.

You're just blindly defending TFP despite their unethical business decision.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know many who paid that for the console version.
I bought both of my console versions for $19.99 when it first dropped. The hundreds of hours I've put into this game, more than makes up for what ive paid & I'm excited for the future upgrades.

I did pay $39.99. I didn't get a $39.99 game. I got a bad port of a game that was in Alpha on PC.

SylenThunder
07-16-2018, 06:40 PM
How many games can you name that were ported to console while the PC version was in Alpha?

I can't think of any besides 7DtD because it's probably a poor business decision and arguably pretty unethical to do so.

You're just blindly defending TFP despite their unethical business decision.

Well, pick pretty much anything by Capcom for starters. Ark was ported early.

For the most part, very little games go from PC to console. Because the hardware.

Here's some reading for you.
https://www.howtogeek.com/332244/why-some-games-suck-after-being-ported-from-console-to-pc/
https://www.cleverendeavourgames.com/blog/2017/2/1/what-goes-into-porting-to-consoles-for-non-developers
https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/210753-why-some-video-game-ports-are-spotless-while-others-are-train-wrecks

To add to your question, Early Access games in the way they are presented now is a relatively new thing. Previously, no one had access to a game while it was in the Alpha development stage outside of maybe a couple hundred people. They weren't even on the public radar until they were close to Beta development.

TellTale chose to approach TFP for porting a game still in development. IG created it for the console.

You are the one blindly accusing TFP for a product they didn't create. It will stop now.
Do your damn research, actually try to open your mind and see reality instead of your alternate version of it.

kilgore_trout87
07-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Well, pick pretty much anything by Capcom for starters. Ark was ported early.

For the most part, very little games go from PC to console. Because the hardware.

Here's some reading for you.
https://www.howtogeek.com/332244/why-some-games-suck-after-being-ported-from-console-to-pc/
https://www.cleverendeavourgames.com/blog/2017/2/1/what-goes-into-porting-to-consoles-for-non-developers
https://www.extremetech.com/gaming/210753-why-some-video-game-ports-are-spotless-while-others-are-train-wrecks

To add to your question, Early Access games in the way they are presented now is a relatively new thing. Previously, no one had access to a game while it was in the Alpha development stage outside of maybe a couple hundred people. They weren't even on the public radar until they were close to Beta development.

TellTale chose to approach TFP for porting a game still in development. IG created it for the console.

You are the one blindly accusing TFP for a product they didn't create. It will stop now.
Do your damn research, actually try to open your mind and see reality instead of your alternate version of it.

You're seriously arguing TFP didn't make 7DtD? Or are you arguing that TT forced TFP to let them port the unfinished game?

Can the disingenuous garbage, dude. You are well aware that TT and TFP share culpability to poor, ethically dubious business decision to rush the console port even though the game was in pretty early alpha at the time the deal was struck.

Also, did you read any of the articles you posted? None of them have anything to do with the topic at hand--TT/TFP's unethical decision to port a buggy Alpha to console and market it as a finished product.

DragonFyre
07-16-2018, 07:52 PM
You're seriously arguing TFP didn't make 7DtD? Or are you arguing that TT forced TFP to let them port the unfinished game?

Can the disingenuous garbage, dude. You are well aware that TT and TFP share culpability to poor, ethically dubious business decision to rush the console port even though the game was in pretty early alpha at the time the deal was struck.

Also, did you read any of the articles you posted? None of them have anything to do with the topic at hand--TT/TFP's unethical decision to port a buggy Alpha to console and market it as a finished product.

Actually, they have everything to do with the topic you keep bringing up. You're just too self-centered on your own alternate reality to see it.
Go away. Sell your copy of the game to GameStop, and don't come back.

You really have no reason to post other than to make ♥♥♥♥ up.

kilgore_trout87
07-16-2018, 09:12 PM
Actually, they have everything to do with the topic you keep bringing up. You're just too self-centered on your own alternate reality to see it.
Go away. Sell your copy of the game to GameStop, and don't come back.

You really have no reason to post other than to make ♥♥♥♥ up.

GameStop buys digital copies now? That's news to me.

Come on bigboi
07-16-2018, 10:13 PM
All fairness this thread has got bit to toxic
People need to learn to be patient for the update
Be happy with what you got
This game is like other games starts of bad then after updates and upgrades it gets better

This is a brilliant game just needs a bit of tlc

On another note anyone one from the uk be careful in this heat I just came out of hospital due to heat stroke and the doctor said that the heat can get up to 34 digress so drink loads of water and try stay in shade

crazywildfire
07-16-2018, 10:20 PM
What is it you don't understand?

TFP are not working on console period.

TT came to TFP because they seen what was in in A14 to be enough to be considered a finished game. TFP said they was still making the game and wasn't finished and didn't have time to do PC and console because they had already invested in the PC and people had already invested in them to finish the game and didn't want those people to feel they was being pushed aside. TT made whatever deal that we don't have info on but we do know they told them they didn't have to worry about console. That they just give them what they needed to port the game and would handle it. So TT hired IG to handle the ports. All TFP do is send them the files for IG to port that is it. They said that because console limitations that it wouldn't be a guarantee that they could port everything from PC to console but they would try to port what they could. So no TFP are not doing console.

Does the game have bugs in it well yes it does. Have they stopped working on it well no they have not. Has it been several months since they did a bug update well yes but considering they are doing a overhaul because of the unity engine update why should they spend time working on something that is being changed or reworked for it? It doesn't make sense to do that so they are putting focused on getting the update done so they work on the bugs that might come from it.

You have been here over a year with the same thing over and over again. Nobody here is going to give you your money back. So if you are that mad at the way TT or IG are handling it then I would just cut it up as a lost and move on to some other game.

You have yet in a year understood anything anyone has tried to tell you. You only want to believe what is in your head. When someone tries to explain you try turning what they said around to fit what you believe and what you believe only.

Any other questions that I left out? Something other then what had been said because we can't help you if you refuse to understand what is being told to you.

Gmad03
07-17-2018, 01:40 AM
At this point he has to be trolling. I mean yes the whole situation sucks for us gamers with how poorly done the console port is being handled but nothing we can do to change it. Kilgore just play another game and forget this one or wait a year or 2 for them to possibly improve the game close to your standards.

jetZeds
07-17-2018, 02:56 AM
I've paid 100$ for a game & got less enjoyment than I have with this game.

Outlaw_187
07-17-2018, 03:23 AM
I've paid 100$ for a game & got less enjoyment than I have with this game.

Same here. I bought fallout new vegas brand new & paid for every bit of dlc. I love that game, probably my favorite fallout to date, but i havent played that for even close to the amount of hours as ive sunk into 7 days to die.

Actually im pretty sure no game ive ever played has given me as much enjoyment and hours of gameplay as 7dtd. At the $27 price tag I paid, id say i've more than got my money's worth.
To top that off, theres even more content and better optimization coming...FOR FREE!!

MJS101104
07-17-2018, 04:08 AM
All fairness this thread has got bit to toxic

The only toxicity is coming from the guy making false claims and personally attacking people. If he'd go away, and deal with whoever sold him his digital copy, instead of coming on the forums to antagonize people it would be far less toxic.

If he got his game from Sony or Microsoft as a digital copy as he claims, then his issue should be with them. If they refuse to refund his money and he feels strongly that they should or he was scammed somehow, then he should sue. He can't sue TFP, TT, or IG because he didn't buy it directly from either of them. I mean, he could try, but he'd come off looking like a bigger fool than he already does. I think he knows that too, which is why he chooses to come on the forums to whine and antagonize people.

Clare
07-17-2018, 09:22 AM
I think it would be a good idea to get back on topic. This is not the place to be discussing these kinds of issues one might have and this is not the first thread to be derailed in this fashion.

----------

I for one am excited about new locations but that's because my gameplay style in almost any game is Explore+Hoard. Tis the same in Fallout, Skyrim, as much as possible in Dark Souls, RPGs, ...Pokemon, lol

Kinda like a post apocalyptic Smaug because then it becomes a "keep enemy NPCs away from my stuff!" game.

Like a lot of you I have my fingers crossed for painting too, I never used it much in the small amount I've played on PC since that update, but I like the potential it'll have for the builders challenges if comes across from PC.

maughanorama
07-17-2018, 10:13 AM
i explore + hoard leave a few secure chests full of loot and move to the next town. then return with empty bike and pockets to grab the loot :)

crazywildfire
07-17-2018, 10:37 AM
I for one am excited about new locations but that's because my gameplay style in almost any game is Explore+Hoard. Tis the same in Fallout, Skyrim, as much as possible in Dark Souls, RPGs, ...Pokemon, lol

Kinda like a post apocalyptic Smaug because then it becomes a "keep enemy NPCs away from my stuff!" game.

Like a lot of you I have my fingers crossed for painting too, I never used it much in the small amount I've played on PC since that update, but I like the potential it'll have for the builders challenges if comes across from PC.

This is me explore+hoard but add looting lol. I'm not much of the builder from scratch type of person. I like taking over poi's and either fixing them or changing some stuff about it. I have built some stuff but not much. I just get bored standing around in the same area for to long lol. Why I stopped playing minecraft because it is a builder game for sure. Back before updates I like to push the limits on the spawn traps and stuff and help friends fill in the maps and such. The only real building I think I did and didn't even do it myself was help someone with some voxel type builds. If you know of the person name iknowstupid check his voxel builds out they are nice. Helped him out a little and some of the people on his world that had other worlds and such. Anyway but adding paint will help both those that take advantage of the building part and those that just fix things up. But as I said I'm really interested in what all they will be able to do.

Clare
07-17-2018, 11:05 AM
Glad I'm not the only explorer-hoarder!

Don't tell me I'm over encumbered ...hhnnnn *moves at snails pace back to base*

jpbrazilian
07-17-2018, 11:08 AM
Dying to see the new locations and zombies; everything else can wait imo.
7days is an amazing game, truly encapsulating. This is probably why people get so angry over the time it takes for the updates to roll out; but hey, we are all in the same boat! We all have to wait equally. I know some people get very ďvividĒ over the delay but all we can do is wait.. i feel like some people are gonna get a brain aneurism over this.. dont stress people; the update will land eventually :)

Outlaw_187
07-17-2018, 11:36 AM
Dying to see the new locations and zombies; everything else can wait imo.
7days is an amazing game, truly encapsulating. This is probably why people get so angry over the time it takes for the updates to roll out; but hey, we are all in the same boat! We all have to wait equally. I know some people get very ďvividĒ over the delay but all we can do is wait.. i feel like some people are gonna get a brain aneurism over this.. dont stress people; the update will land eventually :)

Well said!! And it'll all be awesome when it arrives and totally worth the wait.

maughanorama
07-17-2018, 12:06 PM
when, when, when !!!!!!!??????? lol

Gamer_62
07-17-2018, 01:15 PM
WHY even mention a update so early if it takes so long ? ..WHY not just do what they were doing in secret ,then 3 weeks before release tell us theres a update without the BS ? .. Me myself don't really care what they do as the Modders will pull it to bits and make it ten times better in a few weeks ,then they do in over a year lol

crazywildfire
07-17-2018, 01:53 PM
WHY even mention a update so early if it takes so long ? ..WHY not just do what they were doing in secret ,then 3 weeks before release tell us theres a update without the BS ? .. Me myself don't really care what they do as the Modders will pull it to bits and make it ten times better in a few weeks ,then they do in over a year lol

This is console. No modders here. Plus you are right modders on PC can make the game better but it makes it better for those that like that type of game play. That is why they have lots of different mods to pick from. The original game the vanilla part of the game is fit for all players. Besides that the update hasn't took over a year to do but it has taken time mostly because of the new update on the unity engine. But anyway like I said this is console section so no reason to even bring the mods in here to take it off topic again.

thatguybeard
07-17-2018, 05:19 PM
I definitely would like some more pois for looting and if they could sneak in some more building materials in this update that would be awesome as well. Iíll be happy with whatever we get cause you know itís free!!!

Little bit of a hoarder myself. Do I really need 3000+ feathers to go with these 1500+ crossbow bolts in storage? Do I need 200+ bottles of oil to go with the 100+ repair kits?...yes, yes I do. And now Iím off to loot everything that isnít nailed down and some stuff that is 😊

Daniel_longbow
07-17-2018, 06:15 PM
Thanks Clare for updating us also could we get a date for the upgrades will be launched

Damselx1
07-17-2018, 06:28 PM
Glad I'm not the only explorer-hoarder!

Don't tell me I'm over encumbered ...hhnnnn *moves at snails pace back to base*

Yeah, I do that too - though once you build up the right perk on Fallout 4, you can fast travel while overloaded - great for exploring, not so much if you run into trouble and have to fight your way out.

Damselx1
07-17-2018, 06:35 PM
Little bit of a hoarder myself. Do I really need 3000+ feathers to go with these 1500+ crossbow bolts in storage? Do I need 200+ bottles of oil to go with the 100+ repair kits?...yes, yes I do. And now I’m off to loot everything that isn’t nailed down and some stuff that is ��

Of course you need them; sounds like quite the party come horde night!

Clare
07-18-2018, 10:17 AM
Really, when you get right down to it, you can never have too many blueberry pies.

thatguybeard
07-18-2018, 12:15 PM
Of course you need them; sounds like quite the party come horde night!

But then what will I do with all the bullets Iíve been ďhordeingĒ

Donít worry Clare farm is started and pie factory open for business. Too bad I play solo or Iíd invite you by to grab a few...dozen.

crazywildfire
07-18-2018, 12:27 PM
But then what will I do with all the bullets Iíve been ďhordeingĒ

Donít worry Clare farm is started and pie factory open for business. Too bad I play solo or Iíd invite you by to grab a few...dozen.

Noooooooo...... we sneak into her game and take all her pies when she is out exploring. She thinks she ate them. Shhhhhh don't tell her. :)

SquiffyMcSquiff
07-18-2018, 12:27 PM
Exactly, when you only have 50 stacks of meat stew you need a few hundred blueberry pies as a back up!

Plus a few thousand blueberries to make some more if you really need too.... plus blueberry seeds in case you need more blueberries.... oh and fertiliser in case your farm is destroyed and you need to plant more blueberries..... I think so have issues!!!

crazywildfire
07-18-2018, 12:56 PM
Oh yeah I almost forgot.

@ Clare, it might be to late into the porting to do this by this update. But could you ask the team if they could see about changing the chests on and off. Hopefully people will not have so many crashes after this update but as of now it is if you turn them on we have no way to turn them back off. Of course if you turn them on at all you don't gain trophies or achievements. But example if for whatever the reason might be I'm the host and need to turn them on it would be nice to be able to turn it off before I invite others into my game that could abuse it and such. I could turn it on and do whatever the reason why I needed to turn it on in the first place and the turn it off and open the game back up to others. Or add the option that if it is turned on put a password in game to be able to use it. If they say no oh well it is worth a shot in asking. Lol

Clare
07-18-2018, 01:36 PM
@ crazywildfire - I can ask them about it. From what I remember you used to be able to but it was removed due to (I think) a lot of confusion around trophies and for clients joining etc. Passwords would be a bit trickier to implement, but I'll add what you've said to my suggestion list anyway.

GermanPatriot
07-18-2018, 01:47 PM
I really hope that the bug will be fixed that makes set blocks disappear (or at least they appear as soon as the following block is placed). Sometimes when I try to save my ass from being eaten by running zombies, a placed spike does not appear and the zombie just passes the obstacle.
I really don't wanna miss an effective line of spikes to slow down or keep away the running guys who are coming for my home base. >Snip by OzHawkeye - Please avoid political messages - even in jest - Thanks<

Clare
07-18-2018, 01:54 PM
@ GermanPatriot - I know of issues where blocks appear to act unusual when near clay deposits but not ones vanishing if you place while running away from something. I'm sorry if I'm simply being forgetful, but if you haven't submitted a bug report about this would you mind doing so? If it happens a lot a video clip would be great.

Kyle21
07-18-2018, 01:56 PM
Are there plans to bring the game to switch?

GermanPatriot
07-18-2018, 02:06 PM
@ GermanPatriot - I know of issues where blocks appear to act unusual when near clay deposits but not ones vanishing if you place while running away from something. I'm sorry if I'm simply being forgetful, but if you haven't submitted a bug report about this would you mind doing so? If it happens a lot a video clip would be great.

@Kyle21

I don't think so. The Switch is not powerful enough to run the game smoothly. Otherwise it would take very much time to make the game run on Switch because there is very much optimization necessary - even on PS4.

@Clare

It happens very, very rarely. But as far as I can remember it happened not too close to clay deposits. Sometimes when I block doors with wood frames to keep the bad guys out, one block dissapears and another one needs to be placed to make the previous one appear. Those blocks are not at their spots, cannot be destroyed or climbed.

I will copy this short description to the PS4 bug section.

SylenThunder
07-18-2018, 02:21 PM
Are there plans to bring the game to switch?
No, because the Switch doesn't have anywhere near the hardware required to run this game.

This has been asked and answered a few times already. If you search, There is a post where I chart the exact details of why the switch will never be able to handle a game like this one.

Ares GodOWar
07-18-2018, 10:26 PM

I thought Skyrim and Fallout on the console had mods ?

MJS101104
07-18-2018, 10:38 PM
I thought Skyrim and Fallout on the console had mods ?

As Skippt0330 mentioned, the console versions of Skyrim and Fallout have approved mods that have been made in DLC content. Technically they are based around mods, but they are tested and approved by the companies that release them as DLC content.

Modding is usually player based additions or changes that can be implemented without developer approval or need, which does not apply to console versions of those games since the developer themselves are offering them and they must be relatively bug free and not affect how the consoles work.

SylenThunder
07-18-2018, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure Skyrim has player-made mods available for use on both consoles. They are vetted before they are allowed though.

thatguybeard
07-19-2018, 12:01 AM
Yeah for Fallout 4 it shows you who created the mod. I tried a couple of them like scrapping more of the settlement clutter but they were just okay. I donít remember paying for them but I bought all the dlc sets so maybe it was a part of that.

CrAzY_888888's
07-19-2018, 03:53 PM
Will the vehicles be in this update ????????????

While it's great that we're being kept in the loop about the progress, it sounds like this is going to take a good few months to finish so we won't be getting the update for a while. While it's great to be getting the update and I'm thankful for it and can wait for it, I know others aren't the same though.

SylenThunder
07-19-2018, 04:14 PM
Will the vehicles be in this update ????????????
We won't know until it's announced.

I wouldn't hold my breath for it though, since it isn't stable in the Alpha yet.

Ignoringmywife1
07-19-2018, 05:17 PM
Yeah for Fallout 4 it shows you who created the mod. I tried a couple of them like scrapping more of the settlement clutter but they were just okay. I donít remember paying for them but I bought all the dlc sets so maybe it was a part of that.

No there was a huge backlash about it. People who bought the season pass did not get the mods for free. They said they werent actually dlc. More like mini dlc so it wouldn't be included.
Even though they clearly are dlc.

thatguybeard
07-19-2018, 06:33 PM
No there was a huge backlash about it. People who bought the season pass did not get the mods for free. They said they werent actually dlc. More like mini dlc so it wouldn't be included.
Even though they clearly are dlc.
Ahhhh youíre talking about the creation club mods. Yeah I never bought any of those. There are free ones available just did a quick search to confirm. Those were the ones I used 😊

Etekijj
07-20-2018, 01:18 AM
Hi everyone,

Clare

---------------

Hi everyone,

The 7DTD Console Team

-------------

Your awesome clare thanks for the update

XxUnkn0wnxX
07-20-2018, 04:58 AM
I'm Curious how many more alpha's are left b4 you move the game into Beta stage with polishing? another 2-3 years?

Clare
07-20-2018, 08:56 AM
That's more of a question for TFP on the PC side XxUnkn0wnxX

Shanty Town USA
07-20-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm pretty sure Skyrim has player-made mods available for use on both consoles. They are vetted before they are allowed though.

Actually, Skyrim and Fallout 4 have 2 systems running simultaneously.

There is the (pitiful) Creation Club, that only allows cosmetic and item based mods. And you pay with your hard earned money. Those "creations" are checked for quality and balancing (sometimes they fail, and free mods are needed to fix the paid mods).

And there are the free mods. These are your major overhauls, texture packs, game modifiers, companions, music, etc., Often higher quality products from veteran author's like Niero and Tarshana who don't charge money. You have your crap mods, offerings from fresh faces, porter's of Nexus mods (with our without permissions). If you understand mod load orders and know your mod authors, free mods are a powerful tool. My Skyrim SE looks and handles like a brand new 2018 game.

Creation Club primarily satisfies PS4 gamers who have restricted mods due to external assets not being allowed by Sony (Microsoft has no such restrictions, just a 5gb space cap on ES5 and a 2gb on FO4).

But when I get sick of Bethesda, I immerse myself in 7D2D. And turn the zombie horde to very high. ✊

crazywildfire
07-20-2018, 10:27 AM
I think what they are trying to say is that the mods on console might be called mods but it isn't true modding. On PC when you actually mod you can get into the XML files and other files as well. You can rewrite most of the game to do just about anything for the most part. You can't do all that on console. You can pick stuff in some of the options but if isn't a option you can't get into the files to change it. So yeah you can mod a game on console if the game has the options but it isn't the same as actually modding the game if that make sense. If not not sure how to word it.

SylenThunder
07-20-2018, 10:39 AM
I'm Curious how many more alpha's are left b4 you move the game into Beta stage with polishing? another 2-3 years?

That's more of a question for TFP on the PC side XxUnkn0wnxX
a18 will likely be the last Alpha for the PC version, and I expect we will see it arrive about 6 months after a17 goes to the stable branch. After that it's Beta, and the devs will focus more on optimizing the client and fixing any remaining bugs. I don't think we're going to see a lot of new content added after a17 personally, because I get the feeling they've just about got the game where they want it. The only real missing component after a17 is the bandit and survivor NPC's and the settlement system.

Now back to the show......

Will they say anything yet on what new content is being added, if any? I'm really really curious to be able to have some things on the console that we don't yet.

SquiffyMcSquiff
07-20-2018, 12:18 PM
Will they say anything yet on what new content is being added, if any? I'm really really curious to be able to have some things on the console that we don't yet.

This!!

I would love to know what sort of features are being worked on, or even not being worked on! Just a ďweíre looking to see if we can implement x but donít get your hopes up, thereís no way we can implement y featureĒ type of update.

I guess though that no matter how much weíre told that thereís no guarantees and that working on a feature is not the same as it being confirmed as a future thing there will be some that will get their hopes up and complain if it doesnít come to light.

Come on bigboi
07-20-2018, 12:31 PM
a18 will likely be the last Alpha for the PC version, and I expect we will see it arrive about 6 months after a17 goes to the stable branch. After that it's Beta, and the devs will focus more on optimizing the client and fixing any remaining bugs. I don't think we're going to see a lot of new content added after a17 personally, because I get the feeling they've just about got the game where they want it. The only real missing component after a17 is the bandit and survivor NPC's and the settlement system.

We
Now back to the show......

Weíre only missing 2-3 things out of alpha 15 and thatís the machete perk,zombies and old cash

I really hope they donít bring out sleeper zombies because how many bugs that came with on alpha 16 (pc) but the new unity might help with the big pois because at the moment the big pois crash my game

Reicoripper
07-20-2018, 09:20 PM
Hey I really love the game and so I thought to ask ... when are we going to be recieving things like Turrets and all the electronics ... PC is getting ALOT more love than we are

Please reply to me ... thanks

SylenThunder
07-20-2018, 10:20 PM
Hey I really love the game and so I thought to ask ... when are we going to be recieving things like Turrets and all the electronics ... PC is getting ALOT more love than we are

Please reply to me ... thanks
You might want to try reading through the thread.

Ouch Quit It
07-20-2018, 11:59 PM
Does anyone know when pc will get the a17 update?

Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

Gmad03
07-21-2018, 12:33 AM
Next Friday ouch and we donít need a video anymore we need a movie at this point lol

Come on bigboi
07-21-2018, 04:19 AM
Gmad03 is it really out next week how you know bro

Outlaw_187
07-21-2018, 05:37 AM
Should be anytime soon. They did say they were shooting for July and we're barreling toward the end of this month already.

I want OUR update for console though. I'm a poor mofo, cant afford to buy a high end pc just for a game, even one as badass as 7 Days to Die.
Responsibility and bills suck!!

crazywildfire
07-21-2018, 06:59 AM
Gmad03 is it really out next week how you know bro

Someone went to PC section asking about console updates. Because it isn't the first time and it happens often they jumped over here to try and be funny.

For us that have both it might be funny. But for those that only play console are not going to find it funny and just make things turn into something that isn't worth the time all because someone new to the forums didn't take time to see the different sections or didn't take time to read that TFP are not over the console.

Anyway console update has not been given a release date yet but it shouldn't be to much longer before they give more information on it. I would say more info will come next month and shortly after that Sony and Microsoft have to approve the update then the team will release it the normally on a Tuesday so probably the Tuesday or two after Sony and Microsoft approves the update.

My guess we are looking at around maybe September but most likely October/November before we see a update on console. Again this is my guess so not confirmed.

Come on bigboi
07-21-2018, 09:07 AM
Someone went to PC section asking about console updates. Because it isn't the first time and it happens often they jumped over here to try and be funny.

For us that have both it might be funny. But for those that only play console are not going to find it funny and just make things turn into something that isn't worth the time all because someone new to the forums didn't take time to see the different sections or didn't take time to read that TFP are not over the console.

Anyway console update has not been given a release date yet but it shouldn't be to much longer before they give more information on it. I would say more info will come next month and shortly after that Sony and Microsoft have to approve the update then the team will release it the normally on a Tuesday so probably the Tuesday or two after Sony and Microsoft approves the update.

My guess we are looking at around maybe September but most likely October/November before we see a update on console. Again this is my guess so not confirmed.

Donít take this harsh bro (not on about you) but pc players are big headed coming in to a console form talking about there stuff itís stupid ...how I see it itís good that pc gets it first then we get it when itís complete..... I have a feeling itís a week after there full alpha17 release like it was last year
shows pc are be test rabbits 😂😂

thatguybeard
07-21-2018, 12:21 PM

Iíd be fine waiting until oct/nov for as I am using a lot of water in my current build, so much I think I am a glutton for punishment, plus it gives IG extra time with the new Unity.

Think I might finally break down and buy game for PC as well, laptop does have 8gb of memory, so maybe with the engine upgrade on PC as well itíll run okay. Plus then Iíll have it when I build gaming PC.

I was a little disappointed when faatal got involved with whole console posting on PC side but if his AI improvements are as good as what heís talked about in his thread Iíll forgive him 😊.

crazywildfire
07-21-2018, 12:38 PM
Iíd be fine waiting until oct/nov for as I am using a lot of water in my current build, so much I think I am a glutton for punishment, plus it gives IG extra time with the new Unity.

Think I might finally break down and buy game for PC as well, laptop does have 8gb of memory, so maybe with the engine upgrade on PC as well itíll run okay. Plus then Iíll have it when I build gaming PC.

I was a little disappointed when faatal got involved with whole console posting on PC side but if his AI improvements are as good as what heís talked about in his thread Iíll forgive him 😊.

Yeah, like I said going into it just makes more than it actually is.

What he improved could make it to this console update if it is ready and they sent what they need to IG. But for now we have to assume because it hasn't even been released yet that console might not see that right away at least this coming update.

thatguybeard
07-21-2018, 02:06 PM
Yeah, like I said going into it just makes more than it actually is.

What he improved could make it to this console update if it is ready and they sent what they need to IG. But for now we have to assume because it hasn't even been released yet that console might not see that right away at least this coming update.

That would be amazing if it makes it in but if it doesnít Iím okay with it and totally understand. I was more talking about when I grab the PC version seeing it in action.

All I really want for this update would be more pois if possible and the new skill system. Iím gettin real tired of spam crafting 😂

Laxtamalax
07-22-2018, 04:51 AM
Is there a chance we can find out if irradiated zombies will be coming? By the time ferals and cops finally show up they literally have no chance of getting in. Takes all the fear out of horde night.

Outlaw_187
07-22-2018, 05:49 AM
Is there a chance we can find out if irradiated zombies will be coming? By the time ferals and cops finally show up they literally have no chance of getting in. Takes all the fear out of horde night.

Man i hope so. Everything is simply speculation from here. Only IG knows what we are gettimg for sure. Im hoping for new poi's & new zombies myself. Everything else will just be icing on the cake!

crazywildfire
07-22-2018, 06:53 AM
Yeah just speculations at this point. But hopefully in another week or two we will get another update and it will at least have a few things listed in it. Crossing fingers at least lol

a4twenty
07-22-2018, 02:27 PM
By the time ferals and cops finally show up they literally have no chance of getting in. Takes all the fear out of horde night.

then you go outside...

would love to see new zombies too

Ozymondiaz
07-22-2018, 04:58 PM
POI's and zombies i want the most, then the leveling system and building system from A16. Just those things and i will be fine

GermanPatriot
07-22-2018, 05:09 PM
In my opinion it is the most important thing to get new zombies because most players need a new challenge. The dynamic horde made the game way to easy and everyone quickly got used to the standard zombies which are not not hard to fight as long as they can't destroy blocks as quick as they do in Alpha 16.4.

All in all it totally took the strategy out of the game, you can hide behind your walls before ferals and cops start to spawn and even as soon as they appear they are still too weak or don't find a way in.

Of course an AI overhaul is a very big thing which takes very much time to get everything running well but for now it by far would be enough to have enemies which can break through barriers instead of passing them.

davethebakerx2
07-23-2018, 02:59 PM
getting rid of the invisible. 1 hit hill landmines. it's the only reason i stopped playing. even with maxed out raider armour,maxed heavy armour skill and 150 health there still one hit kills. the fact there invisible is verry unfair. seems lkke every map is half wasteland

crazywildfire
07-23-2018, 04:41 PM
getting rid of the invisible. 1 hit hill landmines. it's the only reason i stopped playing. even with maxed out raider armour,maxed heavy armour skill and 150 health there still one hit kills. the fact there invisible is verry unfair. seems lkke every map is half wasteland

Personally have still yet to find these invisible landmines. Don't get that wrong not saying others have not but just saying I have yet to find any that was invisible.

Anyway try the seed "outbreak" I didn't explore all the map but did explore all the way around on the main roads. The only wasteland from the main road is in the top left side of the map it starts at the edge of a town that maybe like 2 town blocks not much of the town at all. And goes out a little ways. The seed has 10 towns and a few crossroads. The rest of the map didn't have a bunch. Anyway the wasteland is easily avoidable in this seed just stay away from the north west part of the map. The road that leads into it from the city goes to a dead end anyway. But it is only like 300 or so blocks east to west and like 500 blocks north to south. It is very very little wasteland.

Maybe this update will help those that are having issues with the landmines and being able to see them and such. Also maybe this update will match PC when it comes to landmines and one hit will not kill you. But they are here to stay or at least for now they have not talked about taking them out.

GermanPatriot
07-23-2018, 05:27 PM
Everyone who likes to test some very cool seeds with many town and traders (10 towns and 6 traders in average) should visit crackpot texas' YouTube channel. He tries out the best seeds and gives an overview how the seed looks like on the ingame map (PS4).
I play a seed shown by him called "Valencia".

davethebakerx2
07-23-2018, 07:56 PM
Personally have still yet to find these invisible landmines. Don't get that wrong not saying others have not but just saying I have yet to find any that was invisible.

Anyway try the seed "outbreak" I didn't explore all the map but did explore all the way around on the main roads. The only wasteland from the main road is in the top left side of the map it starts at the edge of a town that maybe like 2 town blocks not much of the town at all. And goes out a little ways. The seed has 10 towns and a few crossroads. The rest of the map didn't have a bunch. Anyway the wasteland is easily avoidable in this seed just stay away from the north west part of the map. The road that leads into it from the city goes to a dead end anyway. But it is only like 300 or so blocks east to west and like 500 blocks north to south. It is very very little wasteland.

Maybe this update will help those that are having issues with the landmines and being able to see them and such. Also maybe this update will match PC when it comes to landmines and one hit will not kill you. But they are here to stay or at least for now they have not talked about taking them out.

it has something todo with uneven terain and them sinking into the ground. the ones around bases i can see fine

maughanorama
07-23-2018, 10:44 PM
its them little blue ba8tards

Outlaw_187
07-23-2018, 11:20 PM
Everyone who likes to test some very cool seeds with many town and traders (10 towns and 6 traders in average) should visit crackpot texas' YouTube channel. He tries out the best seeds and gives an overview how the seed looks like on the ingame map (PS4).
I play a seed shown by him called "Valencia".

Yeah ive seen some of his vids, does have some cool looking seeds. I think that valencia seed is mostly forest & lots of traders & towns if i remember right.

Outlaw_187
07-23-2018, 11:24 PM
it has something todo with uneven terain and them sinking into the ground. the ones around bases i can see fine

I'm nervous around the wasteland because all the problems others like you have reported about the land mines.
Ive never been killed by an invisible one either, at least i dont think, obviously i didnt see the sumbitch when it killed me, lol.

They are hard to see though, sure do blend in with the terrain of the wasteland. They sure make for good jumpscares. That & the dogs of course 🐕

GermanPatriot
07-24-2018, 06:49 AM
I have started a new game with this seed on insane three days ago. I made it to day 17 without dying and wanted to continue playing yesterday but the game always freezes on the loading screen.
I had that kind of problem already in the past, tried to load other save games. One of them freezed too and the other one worked well for a few minutes and got freezed during the game. I tried to load the valencia seed once more but it remained frozen on the loading screen again.
When I had that kind of problem before I deleted the game from the SSD and downloaded it again - and it worked. I have to try today wether it helps to solve the problem again or not.

And yes, I spawned east of the hub city in the maple forest biome. After I climed on a house roof and stacked a bunch of wood frames I had a view over the map. Very much forest (maple AND pine), some snow in the nort, plains in the north-west and unfortunately wasteland in the far east.
I haven't found any traders yet but in the north of the hub city right where the plains and the pine forest go along each other is a small town with a crack-a-book, a shamway foods, a shotgun-messiah and a pop'n'pills.
Very nice seed.

davethebakerx2
07-24-2018, 08:48 AM
is that a hubcap or a mine? ill just shoot it....nope it's neither just the ground looking weird. hey look it's the 30th dog I've seen in 5 minits. whappp. dead dog.

crazywildfire
07-24-2018, 12:40 PM
That is something I do see is the landmines being hard to see. But so is the dirt roads in the wasteland. Hopefully both get better with this update. Texture on PC does make the wasteland easier to deal with. So between this and hopefully they match the PC with it taking more then one landmine to kill you it will be better. Guess we will see.

Lol dogs, if they add the wolves then wouldn't worry so much about the dogs. The way things spawn is different then PC so maybe wolves will not be as big of deal on console. But just incase be prepared to get a dog pack and a wolf pack at the same time. Now that is fun let me tell ya.

davethebakerx2
07-24-2018, 05:48 PM
just get on something high and shoot down. thats what i do to dog's

Outlaw_187
07-25-2018, 04:58 AM
Yeah wolves will suck im sure. Do they spawn a lot in pc? I dont think ive seen many on videos ive watched on youtube.

The only ones i saw were the dire wolves in that true survival mod. Are they in vanilla or just regular wolves?

crazywildfire
07-25-2018, 06:44 AM
Yeah wolves will suck im sure. Do they spawn a lot in pc? I dont think ive seen many on videos ive watched on youtube.

The only ones i saw were the dire wolves in that true survival mod. Are they in vanilla or just regular wolves?

They do spawn a bunch in vanilla on PC. With working 6 days a week and all I haven't played much games lately. When I do play it isn't that long and has mostly been console gaming because I can play down and play while I get to a sleep stage lol. But last I played was on a sub server and he was 100% vanilla. He adjusted the horde night spawning to make more show but other then that everything was set normal. I came across 6 wolves in the plains area I avoided them and went the other way and in the distance could see a dog pack so then turned again and right around the snow area seen a dire wolf.

Last time I played on my non server map had 2 wolf packs pop up and 1 dog pack and 2 dire wolves show. The first wolf pack I seen I ran because all I had was a bow no guns. As I was running another wolf pack spawned I kept running. Then a dog pack. I managed to get on a rock to build my stamina when they did the confused running around In Circles thing I jumped off and a dire wolf spawned. I managed to get on a roof top and then the other dire wolf spawned. I didn't have enough arrows to kill everything so finally gave up and jumped of roof and broke my leg and tried to run but died lol.

Does that answer your question? Lol

SylenThunder
07-25-2018, 10:48 AM
Really I think it depends on the biomes you get in the seed. I've had some maps where wolves were all over the place, and some where I was lucky to see two Alpha wolves on an entire playthrough.
The entity spawner and wandering horde spawner have their own randomizer too, so it's also just partly luck of the draw.

crazywildfire
07-25-2018, 01:50 PM
Not sure I would call it luck :)

I will say this though. I do like wolves better then dogs if I have enough ammo of any kind to kill them just for the simple fact at least you get meat from wolves lol.

GermanPatriot
07-25-2018, 02:02 PM
I remember my best run on warrior (diffuculty level 4) about 9 months ago when I tried to pass day 100 without dying. On day 98 I entered the wasteland biome for the first time and a few seconds after crossing the biome border I hit such a landmine while riding my minibike - dead immidiately, 100 days survival tryout failed. You can't see those mines on that debris covered ground, especially not on the bike when you are moving quickly.

Although I was so close to my goal I didn't turn angry, I was just disappointed that it happened for a reason players do not have influence on.

a4twenty
07-25-2018, 04:35 PM
I remember my best run on warrior (diffuculty level 4) about 9 months ago when I tried to pass day 100 without dying. On day 98 I entered the wasteland biome for the first time and a few seconds after crossing the biome border I hit such a landmine while riding my minibike - dead immidiately, 100 days survival tryout fal

when playing "one and done" you have to alter the way you play. I've gone over 250 on insane but i definitely stay out of the wastelands for the mines as well as the packs of dogs.

crazywildfire
07-25-2018, 05:20 PM
when playing "one and done" you have to alter the way you play. I've gone over 250 on insane but i definitely stay out of the wastelands for the mines as well as the packs of dogs.

I wish they had a option for when you die to start back at level one with all perks gone. On single player you can just start a new game easily. On multiplayer it isn't so easy. I have made a few friends mad when I host and end up dead and like well that is it time for a new map.

A option to reset the character would help. Yeah you would still have all the stuff you crafted or looted or even built but you wouldn't have any skill points or anything else. Either a option in settings or a option when you die you can either respawn or reset. Then on multiplayer you can play dead is dead if you wish and not worry about others.

GermanPatriot
07-25-2018, 09:08 PM
When I had that game running the last update just came out one month ago (September) and I didn't know about the landmines.
Dogs are no problem as long as you keep jumping and placing spikes while running backwards. But if those mines are totally new and nearly invisible you stand no chance on your first try.

davethebakerx2
07-26-2018, 12:36 AM
i was walking because i already lost a bike ahd was going back to retrieve it. 3 times by invisible landmines. i haven't played cince January even deleted all my saves. i would of just advoided wastelands but treasure maps kept taking me there.

Outlaw_187
07-26-2018, 04:00 AM
.............Does that answer your question? Lol

It sure does, lol. Man now im not looking forward to the wolves. At least like you said they give meat tho.
The dogs are bad enough. It looks like the vultures & snakes are more of just a pain than a challenge. Kinda like the bees i guess.

I wish they would leave the bees in & just add the vultures. The bees are really no challenge but are a good source of honey. The pain about them is first locating them, then trying to get them to come low enough to kill them.

crazywildfire
07-26-2018, 06:30 AM
It sure does, lol. Man now im not looking forward to the wolves. At least like you said they give meat tho.
The dogs are bad enough. It looks like the vultures & snakes are more of just a pain than a challenge. Kinda like the bees i guess.

I wish they would leave the bees in & just add the vultures. The bees are really no challenge but are a good source of honey. The pain about them is first locating them, then trying to get them to come low enough to kill them.

Like SylenThunder said some games you might not see hardly any. So I guess it depends but still my question is still the same will console match the same % settings they use on PC to determine how many and how often and such you get. Or will console have to change some stuff to get it work right due to the limitations. Either way if wolves make it yes we at least get the raw meat and not rotten flesh or whatever it is called sorry my mind is blank if it is rotten meat or rotten flesh.

Anyway if they add vultures the bees will be taken out. Vultures are not horrible they just a pain at the moment but this could change some so we may or may not have to really deal with it to long if they do add them. They at least are a threat unlike bees. They will come down and attack. They are just a pain to hit with a arrow or bullet. Take a automatic weapon and you should kill no problem lol. But use a pistol or arrow especially arrows are a pain. You have better odds to carry a club or something to hit them with.

If added the stealth will work better then it does now and the night vision goggles actually work and not make things all green looking. So if they add these things getting out at night isn't as bad. Really most A16 stuff if added will be good. About the only things I don't care to much for as of A16 goes is electricity and the traps. They still need work and stuff so as of now I'm glad they added it but don't care to use them as of now. The town layout is great but I don't care for two and sometimes 4 military bases/camps being right beside one another and other buildings the same. But overall it is ok just can't wait for the next update to see if they got towns layouts better and such. But I guess if this added to console we will have to deal with it for a few. Anyway crossing fingers that we get some more news within another week or two for console lol.

Outlaw_187
07-26-2018, 08:49 AM
I hear that. Im so excited to see what we get. I know the next post will likely just be another update of where they're at, which is awesome, but hopefully they can let us know what features to expect.

Im looking forward to jumping back in and sinking more hours into this awesome game!

davethebakerx2
07-26-2018, 10:24 AM
my best friend said if they added the compound bow he would play, i told him to stop watching pc stuff. im guessing a restart or id start playing again

Outlaw_187
07-26-2018, 12:08 PM
my best friend said if they added the compound bow he would play, i told him to stop watching pc stuff. im guessing a restart or id start playing again

That seems a lil silly that's whats keeping him from playing but to each his own i guess. The compound bow is basically just another bow, we already have the regular bow & crossbow. This does make sense to have though in a survival game.

Seeing as how TFP dont wanna add too many "like" weapons, i'm surprised this is in the game. I do hope we get the new arrow impact sound.

crazywildfire
07-26-2018, 01:19 PM
That seems a lil silly that's whats keeping him from playing but to each his own i guess. The compound bow is basically just another bow, we already have the regular bow & crossbow. This does make sense to have though in a survival game.

Seeing as how TFP dont wanna add too many "like" weapons, i'm surprised this is in the game. I do hope we get the new arrow impact sound.

I say a high chance the compound bow will get added.

Reason they added another bow is because they felt and well it is true many others agree that the regular bow was to OP. It is simple to make a regular bow and then use steel arrows with it. The compound bow was put in to make it not so easy to make that would shoot the steel arrows. The regular bow is for regular arrows. I like the compound bow more then guns to be honest it has good power and damage to it. But it is always good to have the SMG by my side for when I do need it lol.

Outlaw_187
07-28-2018, 06:05 AM
Yeah i'm sure i'll be a fan of the compound bow too, if we get it of course. I'm not much of a gun user. Only use them for horde nights and thats usually for the 21 day horde and up.

I personally like bows & melee weapons. The only time i mess with steel ammunition is with the crossbow. I get by just fine with stone arrows.

GermanPatriot
07-29-2018, 08:12 AM
Totally agree with you. The problem with guns is that they increase the heat level which leads to higher spawn rates for standard zombies. Unfortunately it is not a challenge for the base or a challenge to fight them, it is just exhausting work. This is why I try to avoid fighting with guns.

Ozymondiaz
07-30-2018, 09:50 PM
I like the regular bow, the compound bow will be awesome. I beleive the compound bow is stronger than the regular bow used to be. The slower fire rate makes you be sure that every shot counts. And you have to admit you feel like a badass when you wipe out a wandering horde dancing around them with a bow and almost never miss a shot

Luckystrike2778
07-31-2018, 03:30 AM
Bow n arrow running around is how i do at least first 21 days. No matter what guns i have by then :)

Damselx1
07-31-2018, 06:07 AM
I tend to use the bow and arrow for quite a while, eventually moving to the crossbow and backed up by a spiky club. Might keep a gun on me for later horde nights or if I want to be able to take out bears from a distance.

Clare
07-31-2018, 09:00 AM
I generally don't like guns unless I have enough bullet, my tactics are spray and pray that I hit more than just trees.

I'm on team spikey club for melee and arrows for sneaky pot shots and ranged take downs - I'm with you guys, the compound bow would be a sweet addition :D

Luckystrike2778
08-01-2018, 03:12 AM
I generally don't like guns unless I have enough bullet, my tactics are spray and pray that I hit more than just trees.

I'm on team spikey club for melee and arrows for sneaky pot shots and ranged take downs - I'm with you guys, the compound bow would be a sweet addition :D
YES! Spiked club FTW unless I get surprised while skinning an animal. Although I will prolly join team machete if we ever get the recipe added as they r super rare for me in current game state

Jugginator
08-01-2018, 04:58 AM

I have to say -- that made me crack up haha. xD I'm not sure if it's because I'm used to shooting in games such as CS-GO and Rust / the like or just guns are different in the game but I am terrrrrrrible with them in 7 days so spiky-club club and sledgy-hammer club are my forte as well :D

Compound bow takes some getting used to for distance but it is quite awesome. Regular bows are hard to go back to, certainly nevermind the crossbow lol.

YES! Spiked club FTW unless I get surprised while skinning an animal. Although I will prolly join team machete if we ever get the recipe added as they r super rare for me in current game state

Man the machete is a beast for sure. My first time really using it was on a pvp server (PC); I took over a prefab house for a temp shelter in the early-game (found a blue machete in an air drop!) and someone started to beat down the front door. I, kinda scared because I only had plant fiber clothing, hid upstairs on a balcony outside the door. He came through the door and I Leeroy-charged him and took him down with one swing to the head! I was rather pleased haha.

davethebakerx2
08-01-2018, 08:14 AM
getting rid of invisible landmines would really help. this is worse then when you made the mining helmets so dark they were useless.

maughanorama
08-01-2018, 08:20 AM
yer id love the same lighting as the pc but hey it was changed to how it is for the small amount of players getting 'motion sickness'. lol hate the lighting .

davethebakerx2
08-01-2018, 08:31 AM
it put a giant black dot in the middle of every light rendering them useless. it was so dark outside even during the day you could not see.

Outlaw_187
08-01-2018, 08:57 AM
it put a giant black dot in the middle of every light rendering them useless. it was so dark outside even during the day you could not see.

I remember that. The effect looked cool though, kinda realistic. If only it was a lil brighter.

thatguybeard
08-01-2018, 09:23 AM
getting rid of invisible landmines would really help. this is worse then when you made the mining helmets so dark they were useless.

Or at least not make them instakill unless you are wearing cloth armor or less. Leather should provide a little protection but if you are wearing a good set of iron armor they should just be an annoyance.

davethebakerx2
08-01-2018, 10:18 AM
Or at least not make them instakill unless you are wearing cloth armor or less. Leather should provide a little protection but if you are wearing a good set of iron armor they should just be an annoyance.

ya 150 health 500+raider/police armour, 100 heavy armour still 1 hit kill. if i was gravely wounded sure

crazywildfire
08-01-2018, 01:23 PM
Not sure what the textures will look like on this update to help with the issues some are having. But maybe at the very least they can match PC as far as the one hit kill goes. Because on PC if I remember correctly even naked and you have 150 health it doesn't kill you in one hit.

duglasfresh
08-01-2018, 09:15 PM

Thank you Fun Pimps

White knight much? The game is broken. We deserve answers seeing as they delivered a finished product that was broken.

crazywildfire
08-01-2018, 11:13 PM
White knight much? The game is broken. We deserve answers seeing as they delivered a finished product that was broken.

This again? Guess you didn't read that they do not deal with console. A different company handles console. Not going to go back into all of the stuff again. Might wanna look around the forums and read some.

davethebakerx2
08-01-2018, 11:23 PM
reden is hard

AmishMan53
08-02-2018, 02:53 AM
Came here to check on status of this big update to come. I see from the 6/06/2018 thread that we can expect Alpha 16 content, as well as "fix some of the more persistent bugs." I want to know if this relates at all to the MD5 error.

Those who come here to complain have every right to do so. This game has been out for a good long while now, and while some people are willing to deal with a lot of the issues that exist, MOST are not. It may not seem like this is the case, because ultimately the ones who care enough are the ones who will be vocal about it, those who don't care enough have moved on. A lot of the type of gameplay 7DTD has to offer can be found in other games elsewhere. This game does have a charm and graphic style that appeals to some like me, which is why i have come here to see what the progress is on this update.

If it's not fanboyism, then respect the right that some people just may be pissed that they payed money 3 years ago and the game still hasn't been fixed. While many of you are excited to see A16 content, i'd be happy if the game stayed as is, but was 100% operating as intended. While many people keep arguing that we payed for a finished game, theirs an awful lack of "traps" for base defense (was even less at launch, and this is a sandbox tower defense game). So next time anybody has a complaint about the game and it's current state, let them complain and stop defending whomever they are blaming. As fact of the matter is, the creators shouldn't be letting another company do what they will with their product unless they can uphold a certain standard that the original creators would uphold. As far as i'm concerned, TT, TFP, and IG are ALL to blame for the state the game is in on console.

So while i didn't come here to complain myself, it just annoys the hell outta me that people who have valid reasons to be pissed off is being outcasted by the members of this games community who either 1). Have the pc version to play, 2). Has standards so low that 3 years of MD5 errors is ok because the "team is working on it", or 3). Fanboys hard enough about some of the games elements that they don't even see that this sandbox tower defense game originally had 2 forms of tower defense and the rest is walls and decorations, but this is good enough for a finished product. If i cared enough i could find other viewpoints that somehow logic into defending these companies, but again i didn't come here for complaining or ridiculing.

@Clare My original intent of coming back to this forum was to check the status on the update and to ask: Will this engine upgrade fix the MD5 errors specifically? If you don't know find out from the team and find out if your allowed to answer, and i essentially want their words on this (if they won't allow you to answer, tell me that specifically). It's officially been too long to ask me to wait longer just to find out if the one thing keeping me from loading the game up again is finally going to be fixed. I just want an answer or i'm simply deleting this game from my xbox so i don't have to see it anymore and free that space. On another note: I appreciate everything you've done up until this point!

GermanPatriot
08-02-2018, 06:55 AM
I think many of us would really love to see this kind of enemy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_MrNy0QfJY

A zombies which is pretty easy to kill when hit on a critical spot while he is trying to reach the player or his base. As soon as he did we will blow up to kill the player or destroy the base.
Either you are able to kill him right between other zombies which get screwed by the boom or he reaches the walls of your base an tears a big hole right into your defense lines like on of the orcs does in The Lord of the Ring: Two to Towers while Helm's Deep is under attack.
No injured cops needed to make you fear the explosion - only one guy who is running for your base pretty fast.

Clare
08-02-2018, 08:45 AM
I do not have information on what bugs will be fixed at this time. We'll likely hear more in the coming months as the upgrade progresses.

deathless
08-02-2018, 02:12 PM
Is there a possibility that there will be cross platform in the future for console and pc to play together cause im betting there would be alot more copies selling if that was possible.

TheNeoReaper
08-02-2018, 02:29 PM
There are other survival games out there that run circles around this game and they treat there console fanbase like the matter.

davethebakerx2
08-02-2018, 04:25 PM
There are other survival games out there that run circles around this game and they treat there console fanbase like the matter.

can you name them. i play lots of survival gams.

nickt2
08-02-2018, 07:36 PM
The forest ( PC) and Subsistence (PC) come to mind for me as good survival games, also Ark and Conan Exiles for console , although not as unique as 7 days from the destructible voxels landscape perspective. Good games though. To my knowledge Ark was in a similar situation with the console/PC perspective some time ago, although they were developed at a similar pace, and they were both game previews.

For me 7 days console was never finished and should not have been sold as such, it should have been a game preview and a price to reflect. That said , 7 days is my top game of all time. Im lucky to have the console and PC version. I can understand peoples concerns with the lack of support and bug fixes. I believe it will just take time and patient, not easy to accept with a full release game but expected with early access type games.

I look forward to the new Alpha 16 features and bug fixes. Any rough timescale on a release Claire? . ie months, this year. Thanks guys.

GermanPatriot
08-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Alright, now I am pretty disappointed once more.
Got the day 63 horde a few minutes ago.
Enemies: Standard zombies + 1 dog

Stats/Settings:

Difficulty: Insane
Amount of enemies: 50%
Kills: 579
Deaths: 0
Level: 67
Wellness: 156
Longest time alive: 40 h

We - need - more - badass - action - ! :P

thatguybeard
08-02-2018, 08:07 PM
Iím sorry but I donít get the complaint of lack of support and bug fixes. For example Dying Light has had 15 patches since release in 2015 and have had fixes in each patch including a patch earlier this year. That game was released with bugs as a full game and they are still fixing them and itís one of my favorite games. Loved Dead Island as well and people thought that was a mess.

7 Days to Die has had 18 patches since release in 2016 and has provided bug fixes in each one. Seems like IG is providing more support in less time. But hey thatís just my thoughts on the matter. Each entitled their opinion and all that.

thatguybeard
08-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Alright, now I am pretty disappointed once more.
Got the day 63 horde a few minutes ago.
Enemies: Standard zombies + 1 dog

Stats/Settings:

Difficulty: Insane
Amount of enemies: 50%
Kills: 579
Deaths: 0
Level: 67
Wellness: 156
Longest time alive: 40 h

We - need - more - badass - action - ! :P

I would first try upping the spawn setting. At day 63 on my newest map I had one death already to a cop during horde night and was getting ferals soon after. I keep spawn at 75% but play at a much lower difficulty. Iím at day 132 now, with almost 3000 kills, ferals show up in first wave (have been for a while now), and are often first to hit my horde fighting tower. I am pretty close to hub city and there is some thought that might help attract the big guys. Maybe try that if possible as well.

GermanPatriot
08-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Thank you for the tips but the main reason why you are facing tougher guys is that you have your base near the hub city. I had my base close to it as well several times in the past and always got harder enemies. And yes, I always could move to the city borders again if I wanted to but I think this is not the point the game needs to hit.

Of course I probably had been killed multiple times if I settled right in the hub city but this only had happened on the streets but probably not during a horde night while protecting my base. And this is what I mean. This game is a mixture of survival and tower defense and the second aspect got lost almost totally after the dynamic horde found the way into the game unfortunately.

But you are right. If I die or if it becomes boring I will move to the hub city to find a challenge for the final days before the patch hits the consoles.

thatguybeard
08-02-2018, 09:50 PM
Thank you for the tips but the main reason why you are facing tougher guys is that you have your base near the hub city. I had my base close to it as well several times in the past and always got harder enemies. And yes, I always could move to the city borders again if I wanted to but I think this is not the point the game needs to hit.

Of course I probably had been killed multiple times if I settled right in the hub city but this only had happened on the streets but probably not during a horde night while protecting my base. And this is what I mean. This game is a mixture of survival and tower defense and the second aspect got lost almost totally after the dynamic horde found the way into the game unfortunately.

But you are right. If I die or if it becomes boring I will move to the hub city to find a challenge for the final days before the patch hits the consoles.

Yeah I only started playing right before the two summer updates last year so most of my experience has been with the new dynamic hordes. Plus I think in the three random gen maps Iíve done I have been set up close to the hub city for my bases. So yeah Iíve never really experienced horde night in the outer areas. Hopefully the update will balance it out more and give a better challenge if you choose to set up more out in the wilderness.

AmishMan53
08-02-2018, 10:35 PM
I’m sorry but I don’t get the complaint of lack of support and bug fixes. For example Dying Light has had 15 patches since release in 2015 and have had fixes in each patch including a patch earlier this year. That game was released with bugs as a full game and they are still fixing them and it’s one of my favorite games. Loved Dead Island as well and people thought that was a mess.

7 Days to Die has had 18 patches since release in 2016 and has provided bug fixes in each one. Seems like IG is providing more support in less time. But hey that’s just my thoughts on the matter. Each entitled their opinion and all that.

I asked about whether this engine upgrade is going to fix the MD5 error that is literally preventing me from playing the game OR supporting it by buying the pc version (I just got a pc with Ryzen 2600 and a gtx 1060 6gb), and the response i got was:

"I do not have information on what bugs will be fixed at this time. We'll likely hear more in the coming months as the upgrade progresses."

So to the very least, I can definitely attest that they have a lack of support going on here. If they could come out and say "we believe upgrading the engine could resolve this issue, but are unsure at this time" I would have no issue accepting that as some form of support, and would happily check back in a couple months or when i see the game auto-update on my xbox. Yet they also said "Upgrading to Unity 2017 means we can fix some of the more persistent bugs in the game, as well as add features from A15 and A16 on PC." This statement is fairly specific, almost as if they know what will be fixed and what won't, yet they won't reveal what is going to be fixed. As long as they remain unspecific, they can knowingly be unable (or unwilling) to fix this MD5 error for whatever reason, but keep it as a hopeful factor amongst the community that keeps the community around and involved. This is important towards profit, even if they aren't releasing additional paid dlc, they get positive press from this community who "believes in them" that can lead to more sales of the game, and other titles that come out can also sell because they don't yet have a bad reputation.

My complaint about bug fixes is just the one. They have done good with bug fixes otherwise, with the minibike disappearing bug, to plenty others i can't think of specifically. Has the invisible dogs been fixed? I remember that one but am unsure if it got fixed, but if they know how, i'm sure they will or have fixed it. It's insane for a bug this bad to still be prevalent for this long though.

That's my position on the matter. I did pay $20 for this game and the game has been unplayable by my standards ever since. Hello games has essentially fixed their game from the bs that happened at that games launch. Might be because the community backlashed appropriately when they were handed a game that didn't meet any expectations. I feel the comparison is strangely accurate too, as look at how little this game had day 1 on console, and same for No Mans Sky. The zombie variety was so little, the actual defense options, outside of walls, were very lacking. The only thing that kept this game from giving off the same negative impact was it's more up to date PC version was a good peak into what the future of the game could be. No man's sky didn't have that. But i unfortunately now have to join 1) my brother and his wife 2)My sister 3) Friend A 4) Friend B and 5) Friend C, these 5 different purchasers of this game in removing the game because the game just isn't playable and waiting for it to be is just silly at this point.

davethebakerx2
08-02-2018, 10:37 PM
i played ark it was ok. conan was ok. problem is those worlds are static. you can't even dig. both had serious issues. i don't have a pc so i can't play a lot of games

Outlaw_187
08-03-2018, 02:16 AM
I asked about whether this engine upgrade is going to fix the MD5 error that is literally preventing me from playing the game OR supporting it by buying the pc version (I just got a pc with Ryzen 2600 and a gtx 1060 6gb), and the response i got was.......................

Get the pc version man. I personally play on ps4 & we dont have near the problems you xbox players do which is very unfortunate. No one blames you guys, i'd be pissed too.

Hopefully with this new update, whenever we get it, will better optimise the game, especially for the xbox. But like you said, its merely a waiting game & who wants to wait. I know i'm chomping at the bit.
I'd buy the pc version over the console version in a heartbeat if i had the means. I just cant justify buying a high end pc just for 7dtd. I rarely use my laptop as it is.

Good luck man. Hope you get things figured out!

AmishMan53
08-03-2018, 04:13 AM
@Outlaw_187 It's not a matter of having a playable version. As much as i love the game itself, every time theirs been an update they've kept everyone waiting until the last minute to inform what was in the update. Each time i waited, dealing with the games issues and playing it for what it was at the time, just to see that the next patch wouldn't solve this issue (and some of the more prevalent issues of the past that took 2 or 3 patches before they finally fixed). I took it upon myself to give my own error reports, as detailed as possible, leading up to the MD5 errors i experienced. I also attempted some things that each were a long shot when the MD5 issue would arise (you knew it was happening when the graphics of things like rocks would start brightening and giving off whacky colors in a flashing pattern) and these things i attempted were a danger to my save file that i had put in over 100 hours into (while their had been a workaround discovered, i didn't want to delete my local save every hour of play which is roughly how often this happened). And for those efforts i can't get a simple answer as "the team believes, but isn't sure, that this unity upgrade will fix the MD5 error" or "Sorry, we have no reason to believe this unity upgrade will fix MD5 errors, but we have ran out of options and so this is currently our best bet." Instead I get "Will this fix your problem? Find out next time on Updates 4 YOU!!"

So screw giving more money to Iron Galaxy, TT, or TFP. I have a PC now, and their is definitely an insane amount of games on steam i can go for instead, as well as a bunch of free to play games that i can check out before deciding to support. Blade and soul has been fun so far, when i get the money i will probably buy no man's sky for pc (i have the xbox version, objectively the game seems to lack a good goal and i heard the end of storyline is very lackluster, but the visuals and some of the planets are beautiful and interesting and i would love to see what they look like on my PC). Also, i have to save some of my money for a VR headset, which is why i didn't go cheaper on my pc (believe it or not, 500 dollars can easily get you a good 1080p gaming rig, whereas if you want 4k or VR that's where the price starts to get extremely steep).

This reply ended up longer then intended. @Outlaw_187 It's good to see you can objectively understand others POV. I honestly expected the same responses that a couple other people here got when i went negative nancy on these devs. IF they do fix MD5 with this upcoming patch, and i somehow notice, maybe i could forgive. It's just so hard, this isn't capcom who i hate for megaman legends 3, the lack of a new power stone game, the crappy PR ordeal with UMvC3 updates (which is moreso marvels fault), adding RE to operation raccoon city's title and giving us a NOT RE game, and yet RE2 remake.. i have to play it. Unfortunately, TFP and IG haven't been making great games for over 20 years to make a slip-up that i can say "hey, it won't happen again i'm sure, and they typically have great quality".

Outlaw_187
08-03-2018, 05:23 AM
@Outlaw_187 It's not a matter of having a playable version. As much as i love the game itself, every time theirs been an update they've kept everyone waiting until the last minute to inform what was in the update. Each time i waited, dealing with the games issues and playing it for what it was at the time, just to see that the next patch wouldn't solve this issue (and some of the more prevalent issues of the past that took 2 or 3 patches before they finally fixed). I took it upon myself to give my own error reports, as detailed as possible, leading up to the MD5 errors i experienced. I also attempted some things that each were a long shot when the MD5 issue would arise (you knew it was happening when the graphics of things like rocks would start brightening and giving off whacky colors in a flashing pattern) and these things i attempted were a danger to my save file that i had put in over 100 hours into (while their had been a workaround discovered, i didn't want to delete my local save every hour of play which is roughly how often this happened)....................

All good & valid points you have made, don't blame you a bit. Good luck with your pc endeavors. I am jealous, lol.
Im still waiting on my ps4 to update the newest patch for No Man's Sky (i have super slow internet). It may be done by now but i havent been on in a few days.
That game has so much potential on consoles & i bet it does look super amazing on pc. I also can't wait for the RE2 remake. Always been a huge fan of the series.

GermanPatriot
08-03-2018, 05:33 AM
I'm talking about the difficulty level of the hordes almost each day wirh a good friend and we totally agree with each other that (after all the thinfs we have tested) it only matters how long you play the game. You have to spend very much real time (more than 100 hours) out of the hub city before tougher enemies start spawning. As I pointed out I am already alive since 40 hours on "insane" and had no tough enemies during horde nights.

The only moment I got challenged was when I returned home from the trader and a screamer right next to my home door started to call other enemies. A feral wight, two cops and a zombie bear appeared soon after.
Of course this was much fun to me but after all they were not able to destroy my base in a way which could have been called impressive or dangerous.

If I had to fight 5 cops, 3 ferals and 2 bears the whole situation could have been different. But without the enemy types from alpha 16 it remains without being a challenge.

@all
Do not take that as a complaint, I know Iron Galaxy are working hard to implement content from the PC version. But unfortunately many of us don't hit the end game anymore (I do not since last summer) because it becomes too easy after a few hours. I habe my goods on a roof of Buzz' Bar from day 3 on and got my day 63 horde recently.
Doors, two corners of the building and parts of the brickwork facing north are destroyed. Guess it will take more horde nights until day 140 before I have to repair it to prevent the bulding from collapsing.

thatguybeard
08-03-2018, 06:28 AM
Hey AmishMan53 donít get me wrong I totally understand your frustration with the Md5 as I remember my frustration with New Vegas on the PS3. Shoot they could never fix that due to the consoleís architecture and the save files getting too big.

Iím hoping the Unity upgrade will remove most of the triggers that lead to the crashes for you Xbox users but I also realize that they might not know until it is done. Personally I would rather wait than receive false hope but that is just my personal preference and not saying you are wrong for wanting more.

I was just commenting on the lack of support complaint within a thread about an update to provide an upgraded engine, more fixes, more free content, and (combined with the other patches with fixes and free content) to me that shows IG are supporting the game as well as the players.

That is why I donít understand the complaint but I also wonít say you are wrong if you feel differently cause hey if thatís how you feel thatís how you feel. I also donít understand how people can eat a tomato like an apple but hey go for it 😊

crazywildfire
08-03-2018, 08:04 AM
@AmishMan53,

Like above we understand completely about your frustration. We don't blame you at all. I feel sorry for xbox players that run across these problems. It isn't that we don't understand or anything like that. So I hope you can understand where what I'm about to say as well though.

They don't have the information you want. They have no clue as to now if it will be fixed or not. It isn't one thing that was causing the issues it is several reasons. Each update they fix one or a few of those issues but have yet to get them all. Most of the issue is with xbox it self and not much they can do about that. They are hoping with the new unity update that it will help more towards the issue but until it is released they really are not going to know.

I understand you want to blame TFP I get it we all do but they DON'T do the console version. I get you understand that but still want to blame them because it is their game and they shouldn't of gave it to TT or whatever. Nobody here knows what kind of deal they did and what is in the paperwork. Really it doesn't matter it isn't our business to know that information. But what we know is TT game to TFP in A14 because they seen what they believed to be a good enough game to call finished and complete. They felt if TFP didn't release anymore content they could have a finished game. So they worked whatever deal they worked out and TFP simply told them they still had a ways to go on the project and so many people already supported them and they didn't have time to do console at the moment because they was working on finishing what they started and those that already invested in them wouldn't be right to them they would feel abandoned. So TT told them not to worry they would handle the console. So TT got IG to handle the ports. All TFP do is send what they have finished to them that is all.

Again sorry you are having so many problems. Don't mind coming and seeing people's concerns. But to be honest the rest of the ranting about being done and moving on nobody cares. If you feel that way then go. TT and IG are not here to see your post, we as in other players are the ones and none of us care about you talking about leaving and being done with TT, IG or TFP. If you really are done you wouldn't be posting the past several post you would be gone already. Sorry for being so blunt.

EdwardElric
08-03-2018, 08:46 AM
I do not have information on what bugs will be fixed at this time. We'll likely hear more in the coming months as the upgrade progresses.

Months? Really? Jesus...i thought release in this month.

crazywildfire
08-03-2018, 08:47 AM
Get the pc version man. I personally play on ps4 & we dont have near the problems you xbox players do which is very unfortunate. No one blames you guys, i'd be pissed too.

Hopefully with this new update, whenever we get it, will better optimise the game, especially for the xbox. But like you said, its merely a waiting game & who wants to wait. I know i'm chomping at the bit.
I'd buy the pc version over the console version in a heartbeat if i had the means. I just cant justify buying a high end pc just for 7dtd. I rarely use my laptop as it is.

Good luck man. Hope you get things figured out!

Think we talked about this before. Sorry slept since then lol :) you don't need a high end PC to play this game on. I understand you don't want to spend money on something just for one game. But it doesn't have to be just for this game once you get around $800 to $1000 dollar PC you can play many games. It might not be high end for that price but several games can run on pc/laptops around that price.

I bet you would end up playing a few games not just one. Not sure what games you like and don't but if you like survival games 2 for example that are on both Ark and Conan both play way better on PC as well. On top of all that it don't cost you a monthly fee to play online. Personally that part don't bother me my dumb a** pays for ps plus and xbox live and i haven't turned my xbox on in probably a year. Anyway point is it does have to be just for one game. But I also understand 800 to 1000 dollars isn't something to just throw out as well if you don't really have it.

Outlaw_187
08-03-2018, 09:42 AM
Think we talked about this before. Sorry slept since then lol :) you don't need a high end PC to play this game on. I understand you don't want to spend money on something just for one game. But it doesn't have to be just for this game once you get around $800 to $1000 dollar PC you can play many games. It might not be high end for that price but several games can run on pc/laptops around that price.

I bet you would end up playing a few games not just one. Not sure what games you like and don't but if you like survival games 2 for example that are on both Ark and Conan both play way better on PC as well. On top of all that it don't cost you a monthly fee to play online. Personally that part don't bother me my dumb a** pays for ps plus and xbox live and i haven't turned my xbox on in probably a year. Anyway point is it does have to be just for one game. But I also understand 800 to 1000 dollars isn't something to just throw out as well if you don't really have it.

If i was still a hardcore gamer, i'd without a doubt get a good pc, even if at 1st it is just for 7dtd. But the sad truth is, as im getting older, my gaming has really slowed down.
As they say....life happens.

I've even realized how series i've loved from the past, its getting hard for me to stay focused and finish them. I hate that but its the truth. Now that im on nightshift, my gaming has really taken a nose dive.

However the exeption has been 7 days to die. This game has sucked me in from release and i find myself playing other things temporarily but always coming back to this game.

I know once this update hits, i'm gonna be balls deep into some scavenging, base building, and zombie slaying. Im so excited for this update, i'm gonna hate when the console is at its absolute limit & the new conent will stop. I know that day is coming, which maybe also makes these updates that much more exciting. Its gonna be awesome!!

Mregomies
08-03-2018, 10:57 AM
If i was still a hardcore gamer, i'd without a doubt get a good pc, even if at 1st it is just for 7dtd. But the sad truth is, as im getting older, my gaming has really slowed down.

I've even realized how series i've loved from the past, its getting hard for me to stay focused and finish them. I hate that but its the truth. Now that im on nightshift, my gaming has really taken a nose dive.

However the exeption has been 7 days to die. This game has sucked me in from release and i find myself playing other things temporarily but always coming back to this game.

I know once this update hits, i'm gonna be balls deep into some scavenging, base building, and zombie slaying. Im so excited for this update, i'm gonna hate when the console is at its absolute limit & the new conent will stop. I know that day is coming, which maybe also makes these updates that much more exciting. Its gonna be awesome!!

ikr ! I'm 40 yrs and just started to work as HVAC designer in my home office... I'm exhousted after day in "office" and have no power to play but... when next update hits... I'll be back!

crazywildfire
08-03-2018, 10:57 AM

Completely understand as I'm on nightshift also. I haven't played much of anything lately. Just now getting around in doing the DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins and only doing little at a time on it. It isn't as much as night shift but night shift plus working 6 nights a week for a year or more now has absolutely drained me.

Outlaw_187
08-03-2018, 11:40 AM
ikr ! I'm 40 yrs and just started to work as HVAC designer in my home office... I'm exhousted after day in "office" and have no power to play but... when next update hits... I'll be back!

Completely understand as I'm on nightshift also. I haven't played much of anything lately. Just now getting around in doing the DLC for Assassin's Creed Origins and only doing little at a time on it. It isn't as much as night shift but night shift plus working 6 nights a week for a year or more now has absolutely drained me.

I hear ya. Responsibility sucks!!!

AmishMan53
08-03-2018, 05:57 PM
@crazywildfire This will be my final post, as after all, your right. If clare doesn't back and forth my concerns with Iron Galaxy, then my ranting here is pointless. One thing you misinterpret, is they CAN give me more information. They can tell me that they don't know if this unity upgrade will fix the issue, that it will, that they HOPE it will and have reason to believe it might but are unsure, or that it simply won't help at all and that they know that for a fact. I'm not getting this kind of answer, instead i'm getting Clare telling me she don't know what bugs will be fixed. That doesn't tell me what the team thinks of this upgrade in relation to the MD5 issue, but is more a reference to being unable to say anything about any bug because the team is afraid saying so and so bug won't be fixed will cause an uproar, or that it will and they end up being wrong.

I would honestly still be willing to support and just buy the pc version if i knew for a fact that the MD5 error isn't going to be fixed by this. If it were to be fixed, or it's something they are hoping will be fixed by this update, i would see they haven't let up on trying to fix this prevalent issue, and i would get the pc version based on the simple fact that i don't want to deal with this games issues on console moving forward. The mindset that they care about a single persons concerns and are willing to be real with that person would be enough for me to say these people are worth supporting. TFP may not have anything to do with IG, but if they came out to say they made a mistake in trusting IG with their title, or give an official apology that this isn't something they can continue to pursue (on behalf of IG or telling IG to stop themselves), i could feel good about a pc purchase knowing IG isn't going to see that money. My reasons go beyond the actual issue with the game itself at this point.

Anyhow, sorry to rant, everyone here knows how i feel, and like i said this is my last post, will just visit later today to see if anyone wants to give their final thoughts on this post. As crazywildfire says, IG will not see this directly, and i doubt clare even if she did bring this to the teams attention will word for word it or tell them to spend 5 seconds reading a post (or they will bother to do so if she tried). What this COULD do, is cause a sympathetic boycott against TFP, IG, and even TT, but I've recently stopped smoking and i know how hard it is to fight addiction lol. Not to mention, not everyone agrees with TFP being part of the problem, and i'm ok with that. IG definitely could show up and be a part of the community of this game instead of just a dev team trying to make a buck off someone elses work. Thank you everyone for not backlashing hard and fanboy protecting the devs, and @crazywildfire i know the difference between being blunt and being an ass. Nothing wrong with being blunt, which is all you were being, so thanks for your input and being straight forward.

kilgore_trout87
08-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Hey Clare, why can't IG/TT/TFP tell us what they're actually trying to implement in the next patch? Unity 2017 could mean anything. That tidbit tells us zilch about what changes we will see as users.

I don't particularly care if Unity 2017 makes things better for the devs. I want to know what will be different about my user experience. The devs know what they're going to patch by now or they are bad at their jobs. They should be smart enough to offer the community some transparency.

kilgore_trout87
08-04-2018, 12:53 AM
Iím sorry but I donít get the complaint of lack of support and bug fixes. For example Dying Light has had 15 patches since release in 2015 and have had fixes in each patch including a patch earlier this year. That game was released with bugs as a full game and they are still fixing them and itís one of my favorite games. Loved Dead Island as well and people thought that was a mess.

7 Days to Die has had 18 patches since release in 2016 and has provided bug fixes in each one. Seems like IG is providing more support in less time. But hey thatís just my thoughts on the matter. Each entitled their opinion and all that.

Very few 7DtD patches had any impact on user experience. Also Dying Light was actually a finished product when it was sold as a finished product. Dying Light was not a half-assed sloppy port of an alpha PC game.

- - - Updated - - -

Why don't you have that information? What kind of company is this?

kilgore_trout87
08-04-2018, 12:58 AM

Do you not talk to the Devs? Tell them this, ask them if they can do it, and then tell us.

Not that complicated.

Muggs
08-04-2018, 02:05 AM
[QUOTE=TheNeoReaper;830940]There are other survival games out there that run circles around this game and they treat there console fanbase like the matter.[/QUOTE

None of these games have split-screen.

KrackleBones
08-04-2018, 02:19 AM
Hi everyone,

Clare

---------------

Hi everyone,

The 7DTD Console Team

-------------
Hello clare is it? I know your probably the wrong person to ask , im new to this forum thing but im a long time player of 7d2d and thank all of whom made it ai.E the developedrs and yourself it is an amazing game i would like to see better graphics in the next update but also the possibility for more present danger like pricker bushes and dog sized spiders aswell as when cutting trees i think if it hit u it should do some damage ,but id like to see ghost that can only be killed with fire,only in locations were one would find things like the mechanics tables, chemistry station ,fire pits and forges ,li places like the army bases, big homes, hotels ,, prison and abandoned trader posts ect, caves should have bats,and more thing to customize ,bigger selection of growable food like cucumbers and watermelon or canalope, im sorry for dumping all this on you ijust love 7d2d & id really like to see it evolve , your awsome thank you and everyone for developing 7 days to die

X16191
08-04-2018, 04:01 AM
You all need to relax my goodness....

Look we are LUCKY to get updates on console point black end of story.

They could make you pay for them to be honest.

As the game sits right now. Its a great game and worth the 15 bucks i spent for it used at gamestop. So much so when i got my wife a 2nd ps4 we bought a copy at full price.

Its very playable. Yes, there are bugs. But crap man, every game has bugs. It is kinda like you complaining about your ice cream melting while you are in Death Valley in July from a street vendor in BFE.... Its GOING to happen. Deal with it.

Now as far as not getting details there are a number of reasons why they keep us in the dark. 1st of all. If they list 638591 things they are working on and only 638590 are done you all are going to complain more than if they don't tell us they are working on 40 and only get 31 things done and they are awesome.

Also keep in mind this is CONSOLE its very linited to what can be in game. Dont like it buy or build a PC.

thatguybeard
08-04-2018, 06:30 AM
Very few 7DtD patches had any impact on user experience. Also Dying Light was actually a finished product when it was sold as a finished product. Dying Light was not a half-assed sloppy port of an alpha PC game.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I got the game in spring of 2017 for 19.99 (thank you PS+) and it felt like any other finished game, like Dying Light, to me at least. It had what was advertised on the store page that got me to buy the game zombies, open world/sandbox, survival, 7th day zombies coming to wreck your stuff, ability to play single player, and crafting/building. Yeah there were/are some bugs but what finished game doesnít have them. Some bugs in games take years to fix and some never get fixed at all unfortunately. So yeah at time of purchase for me it played just like any other finished game I have purchased and provided the selling points that got me to buy it. I think Iím getting close to matching the hours I put into Dying Light 😊 (which is a lot).

I canít comment on the patches before I got the game but the 2 summer updates improved my user experience but then again my user experience before those was good too. It added more things for me to build with and more buildings to explore/destroy. The fan on my PS4 Pro used to run all the time, does that for The Division as well, but now when I play it is quiet as a mouse. I have moved it to a better ventilated area as well so that could have helped too. Thankfully I havenít suffered any MD5 errors and the crashing has been no more than any other finished game.

Now Iím looking forward to what this new update will provide. Maybe the engine upgrade and new additions will make it feel more like a finished game to you and you can finally enjoy it as much as I have.

davethebakerx2
08-04-2018, 08:53 AM
this game came out june 28th 2016 the day after i turned 43. compared to it's release it's amazing how good the game is now. i fully expected a 3 year alpha cycle. im guessing a year before it's finished. i knew this when i bought it. i stalked this board a while before buying it. thanks for all your hard work. i always play as moleman now.

kamer1337
08-04-2018, 06:15 PM
i dont know how much it require to port to console but wouldn't it be just faster to port A16.4 from scratch to console?

davethebakerx2
08-04-2018, 06:26 PM
i dont know how much it require to port to console but wouldn't it be just faster to port A16.4 from scratch to console?

they don't own the console veraion

Jimmy the Tulip
08-05-2018, 10:07 PM
@ crazywildfire - To be honest, I've put kilgore on my ignore list so, while his posts appear in the timeline the content of the post does not. I'm just sick and tired of hearing the same nonsense over and over. Best way is to not even look at it. :)

GermanPatriot
08-06-2018, 06:06 AM
Do you not talk to the Devs? Tell them this, ask them if they can do it, and then tell us.

Not that complicated.

And I thought Germans had no sense of humor and were seen as grumpy.

URA-RippOff!
08-06-2018, 06:00 PM
Cool. So next summer then? Or summer 2020?

Muggs
08-06-2018, 11:55 PM
You might not be wrong, but I doubt it will go past Christmas.

Outlaw_187
08-07-2018, 01:14 AM
Ah, it'll be before that, have some faith gentlemen. Im with others thinking october or november.
Either way, hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

GermanPatriot
08-07-2018, 10:11 AM
Along other things I think it is depending on how soon Alpha 17 will be released. Maybe some features which can be ported easily will find their way into our console update. If not, it is probably working that way that TFP can start preparing features to be ported the sooner they are finished with Alpha 17. Also it might be possible that they start working on Alpha 18 right after finishing Alpha 17. But the bigger the gap between PC and console the worse the reaction by the community. And this might lead to less support of the entire game across all platforms.

Clare
08-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Information is released at publishers discretion, this does not mean they don't know, this just means the information has not been passed to me for release yet.

Typically in the past the team have only published notes 1 week or so before patch launch, and again once it has been approved by Sony and MS and there is a time frame for it going live. Patch notes are never released before something is locked into the patch.

This patch / update is different in that the team have decided to release progress reports in the interim and that it will also contain an upgrade to Unity 2017 which should help overall performance and fix some of the more persistent bugs as we said before - what those bugs are I do not know yet but once the team pass that information onto me it will be posted in a new update/progress report in the News and Announcements section.

I also pass information and feedback back to the team, be it about bugs, suggestions or feedback. Please do not mistake me agreeing with players on items or features as letting the discussion or desire for something end there.

Generally, requests on changes / adjustments to the console version should be posted here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?66146-Pimp-Dreams-Console-Edition (helps keep everything together for reference, you can see what has already been suggested, and enter a discussion / add your own insights if you wish) but it should be noted that any core game play changes or large additions that effect the core of the game need to go through TFP and the PC version first - they do have their own Pimp's Dreams section in the forum too.

I hope that helps to explain some things. I would also request that while I understand frustration that may be felt by players, please post in a civil and constructive manner as per forum rules - if you find a post that does not adhere to forum rules that we may have missed, or that you see first, please report it and the Mods will investigate.

Thank you
Clare

Sawth77
08-07-2018, 10:29 AM
Thanks Claire, we really do appreciate everything. :)

Saiahb
08-07-2018, 12:36 PM
the last time we had an update introducing new content it released the same day as the stable Alpha 16 so donít expect it to be until then or after in my honest opinion i stopped playing bc of this now im just waiting until then ir would be nice to get it faster so we could be with pc but thats not go happen so ill take what i can get and if it gets boring or stale ill play something else

7 day sucker
08-07-2018, 07:33 PM
Hey thanks for keeping us informed clare. I guess you could say your "clareing" up any doubts of new content by "declareing" the unity engine upgrade will make "clareing" up bugs much easier. ;) just trying to lighten the mood.

Muggs
08-07-2018, 11:23 PM
I dont doubt that it will be great.

I get tired of reading all the post about them fixing MD5s. They have fixxed many triggers but the main one is out of their control.
I am an avid Xbox user,have been for many,many years,but their modern console is junk. I have alot of problems with my system that doesn't happen to PS4 players. This game is a prime example,but by far not the only.

So anyway I play on Xbox get constant MD5s,game kicks me off every half hour after day 4.....
PS4 players don't have that. I'm thinking of making a switch if the update doesn't help.
Hopefully 2020s Xbox is more friendly to the players and less to the stockholder.

I went to the link its 11 post long from last year is their a new one.

davethebakerx2
08-09-2018, 12:54 AM
prey and dead rising 4 had similar issues

GermanPatriot
08-09-2018, 10:19 AM
Had my horde night day 98 lately and was happy to deal with 4 feral Wights. Although it was no challenge to kill them by using pipe bombs I liked to face harder enemies finally. But after all it still takes a million years to have the tougher guys unfortunately.

40 minutes day, enemy spawn rate 50%, insane difficulty

thatguybeard
08-09-2018, 12:30 PM
Had my horde night day 98 lately and was happy to deal with 4 feral Wights. Although it was no challenge to kill them by using pipe bombs I liked to face harder enemies finally. But after all it still takes a million years to have the tougher guys unfortunately.

40 minutes day, enemy spawn rate 50%, insane difficulty

Glad you were finally able to get some tougher enemies to show up. Maybe for a future update a good suggestion for a new setting in options would be to set the 7th day horde to only spawn ďspecialĒ zombies. Donít know if that has ever been suggested in Pimp Dreams console or PC areas.

GermanPatriot
08-09-2018, 01:20 PM
Glad you were finally able to get some tougher enemies to show up. Maybe for a future update a good suggestion for a new setting in options would be to set the 7th day horde to only spawn ďspecialĒ zombies. Donít know if that has ever been suggested in Pimp Dreams console or PC areas.

I totally agree with you. I would really like to see that kind if option or, even better, an option to set the gamestage manually. For example: If irradiated wights, cops and bigger groups of zombies are spawning if the game stage is at 150 (no idea about the real values) and become majority among less standard zombies from gamestage 250 and higher it would ce cool to be able to start the game with a gamestage of 200 for everybody who likes to have a real challenge.

GermanPatriot
08-09-2018, 01:34 PM
@Clare

Which is the right forum section for suggestions like these?

SylenThunder
08-09-2018, 01:51 PM
@Clare

Which is the right forum section for suggestions like these?
I'm not Claire, but she already answered this just a few posts ago....

Generally, requests on changes / adjustments to the console version should be posted here https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?66146-Pimp-Dreams-Console-Edition (helps keep everything together for reference, you can see what has already been suggested, and enter a discussion / add your own insights if you wish) but it should be noted that any core game play changes or large additions that effect the core of the game need to go through TFP and the PC version first - they do have their own Pimp's Dreams section in the forum too.

GermanPatriot
08-09-2018, 01:53 PM
I'm not Claire, but she already answered this just a few posts ago....

Of course, only two days ago. I am an idiot. : D
Thanks, ST.

Jimmy the Tulip
08-10-2018, 12:15 AM
Hopefully 2020s Xbox is more friendly to the players and less to the stockholder.

Apologies for taking this thread off topic but, in reply to Muggs' comment, the 2020 Xbox will be in 2 flavours, so I've read so far. One will be an "upgraded" version of the normal Xbox variety, the other will be a dedicated game streaming box. The advantage of the streaming console is that it should be a LOT cheaper as they don;t have to pack it with high end hardware. As long as you have a decent internet speed then you should experience glame play based on the hardware of the server you're streaming from.

7Dtd would probably need a sizeable overhaul in order to play it via a streaming service but it would, I imagine, elimintate all the issues people have with the game in one fell swoop.

Outlaw_187
08-10-2018, 02:40 AM

I think this has or i just remember reading it somewhere. Hopefully we get all the zombies that pc version has and this will somewhat remedy that.

GermanPatriot
08-10-2018, 10:18 AM
I think this has or i just remember reading it somewhere. Hopefully we get all the zombies that pc version has and this will somewhat remedy that.

Just in case we would only get the new zombies. Only those would be enough for me to start a new game because they bring tactics back to the game and make it challenging after becoming too easy due to the dynamic horde system.

crazywildfire
08-10-2018, 10:46 AM

As you said somewhat. No setting PC has makes the tougher zombies spawn on day 7 horde. You have to mod the XML files to have that. If they match it to PC horde night will be based on the level you are at and the last time you died. So even if you don't die by day 7 your level still will not be that high and if it is 7 days lived isn't that long really so the first horde still is a little easy.

What I wish for is the difficulty setting have a impact on this. The only thing I have seen from it is the higher difficulty the more bullet sponge zombies become. I would like difficulty level to have more of a impact on lots of things. Example yes on PC I can max out how many zombies per player on horde but as above it is still based on level and death so first horde even if I have it maxed out unless I edit XML files I will not get maxed out zombies that i have it set to. So i say that if i play insane difficulty i wouldn't mind the zombies to be a little more spongy but would like to see tougher zombies sooner and the tougher ones to show up faster on horde nights.

Anyway I don't play insane because it really don't add a challenge unless I want spongy zombies. If some changes was made to difficulty I would play probably on th highest they would like to offer. Make them a little more spongy but have more of the harder zombies spawn more often. Add where they show faster on horde nights and not on day 40s. Even add it where it takes more to knock them on their backs and not because it is more bullet sponge. Maybe a few other things but those would be the better stuff IMO.

GermanPatriot
08-10-2018, 11:28 AM
As you said somewhat. No setting PC has makes the tougher zombies spawn on day 7 horde. You have to mod the XML files to have that. If they match it to PC horde night will be based on the level you are at and the last time you died. So even if you don't die by day 7 your level still will not be that high and if it is 7 days lived isn't that long really so the first horde still is a little easy.

What I wish for is the difficulty setting have a impact on this. The only thing I have seen from it is the higher difficulty the more bullet sponge zombies become. I would like difficulty level to have more of a impact on lots of things. Example yes on PC I can max out how many zombies per player on horde but as above it is still based on level and death so first horde even if I have it maxed out unless I edit XML files I will not get maxed out zombies that i have it set to. So i say that if i play insane difficulty i wouldn't mind the zombies to be a little more spongy but would like to see tougher zombies sooner and the tougher ones to show up faster on horde nights.

Anyway I don't play insane because it really don't add a challenge unless I want spongy zombies. If some changes was made to difficulty I would play probably on th highest they would like to offer. Make them a little more spongy but have more of the harder zombies spawn more often. Add where they show faster on horde nights and not on day 40s. Even add it where it takes more to knock them on their backs and not because it is more bullet sponge. Maybe a few other things but those would be the better stuff IMO.

They could give the options to change the settings which are modified by changes in XML files. Just an opportunity to reach the XML settings within the menu where the rules are set.

bluefire6171
08-10-2018, 03:09 PM
Any news? Oh and guys you know something o never thought of ? A frekin LMG in the game , thatd be pretty epic on horde nights.

RuttedLightning
08-11-2018, 04:38 PM
Any news? Oh and guys you know something o never thought of ? A frekin LMG in the game , thatd be pretty epic on horde nights.

I think its odd you cant duct tape a couple ak's together.....I would so try that

Daniel_longbow
08-11-2018, 05:16 PM
How hard is it to give us info updates we need more alot more info also u guys are slow as mud I would have thought pc would at least have there update so we could get ours this is becoming rediclous we should have at least gotten info by now we should be well on are way to be getting the updates along with a realise date we as fans deserve a realise date and info why can't we at least have that

Outlaw_187
08-11-2018, 05:28 PM
How hard is it to give us info updates we need more alot more info also u guys are slow as mud I would have thought pc would at least have there update so we could get ours this is becoming rediclous we should have at least gotten info by now we should be well on are way to be getting the updates along with a realise date we as fans deserve a realise date and info why can't we at least have that

Patience my good man, patience! I'm as eager as you are to get the update but lets give them plenty of time to hash everything out so this update will be as awesome as we all hope it will be. This could be our biggest update yet & will hopefully make room for even more awesome stuff in the future!!

nickt2
08-11-2018, 06:13 PM
I am eagerly waiting the update before start playing again, even although I have PC version. Need to get some console time in.

Is there going to be any enhancements or benefits for Xbox One X hardware? Im not expecting miracles, however the slight better hardware, ram and GPU should help. Better textures or smoother frame rate would be an example. Videos of PS4 Pro seems demonstrate slight benefits over a stock Xbox One . Thanks. Any rough ETA on fix please? :smile-new:

Daniel_longbow
08-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Outlaw_187

Thanks man but u gotta admit info would be great to get info why do they avoid anyone questions about a realise date or anything like that they need to give there fans more insurance we don't even know what all we getting from apha16 we don't even know when it's coming that's why my patience is running short

- - - Updated - - -

I feel the need to ask questions we all need to we all need to know what's going on we all paided are money for this we the fans man it would just be nice get some news

GermanPatriot
08-12-2018, 05:31 AM
Outlaw_187

Thanks man but u gotta admit info would be great to get info why do they avoid anyone questions about a realise date or anything like that they need to give there fans more insurance we don't even know what all we getting from apha16 we don't even know when it's coming that's why my patience is running short

- - - Updated - - -

I feel the need to ask questions we all need to we all need to know what's going on we all paided are money for this we the fans man it would just be nice get some news

I am sure this might be pretty unsatisfying for you but many of us are thinking that there will come another bunch of information this month probably about the patch content and the patch itself will be released in October. This is what I think and after I posted my guess here many guess confirmed that they agree with me and my estimation.