PDA

View Full Version : Telltale Layoffs

The Fun Pimp
09-22-2018, 06:56 PM
We are deeply saddened by the news of the Telltale layoffs. Our hearts go out to our friends and partners over there. Rest assured The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

Cheers Richard

Space4Ace
09-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Thanks Richard!

You should probably make sure to update your message and specify that Alpha 17 is for PC, just to avoid confusion.
I have both Xbox One and PC (my all time favorite game! Ever since I bought it at Alpha 10.1).

Fox
09-22-2018, 07:04 PM
Will Clare still be around or is she part of the group of ppl who got laid off?

Eihwaz
09-22-2018, 10:23 PM
Hello,

its sad to hear this news :(

I like to make a news video about it - who exactly is now developing 7d2d for console?
i hear something "iron galaxy"? can someone explain all this "connections"?

Outlaw_187
09-22-2018, 10:29 PM
It is sad but we'll be right here supporting you guys!! Long live 7 Days to Die!

TheOnlyOne
09-22-2018, 10:36 PM
I really hope that Clare is ok,right? And we have to admit that console players dont get any updates anymore soon..or ever. Thanks Richard for that "update" also.

GermanPatriot
09-22-2018, 10:47 PM
For everyone who lost the job I really hope you all will get a new one very soon. Thank you for updating the game over the last two years.

Is there a way to bring the update to an end by donating?

Pyronatic19
09-23-2018, 09:35 AM
Thanks Richard!

You should probably make sure to update your message and specify that Alpha 17 is for PC, just to avoid confusion.
I have both Xbox One and PC (my all time favorite game! Ever since I bought it at Alpha 10.1).

You do realize that they are talking about alpha 17 for console cause they are working on it as Well as this post is in console section of the forums. You should pay more attention

Space4Ace
09-23-2018, 10:05 AM
You do realize that they are talking about alpha 17 for console cause they are working on it as Well as this post is in console section of the forums. You should pay more attention

Nope! The exact same message was posted in the PC section as well.
The consoles don't get alphas, only updates.

PC people were afraid that the Telltale story would also affect the PC alpha 17, so Richard wanted to let them know that it is still coming out soon.
And that's why I told Richard to be more specific in his message... Because some people might not understand.

SylenThunder
09-23-2018, 10:08 AM
To be fair, the end-game is to update the console to be as close to the PC version as possible once the PC version is completed.

skippy0330
09-23-2018, 11:23 AM
We are deeply saddened by the news of the Telltale layoffs. Our hearts go out to our friends and partners over there. Rest assured The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

On a more upbeat note Alpha 17 is coming along folks and itís going to be awesome!

Cheers Richard

Yeaaaaaaaaa, don't think it was a good idea to gloat about a17 on this post, and on twitter while being extremly non commital to the console version. Can we just say we have no clue whats going on? all this does is lead to speculation.

Reinheart457
09-23-2018, 12:01 PM
As a keen player of 7 days to die on console (ps4) for almost 2 years now i have been checking this site for information on 7days almost daily for the last several months eagerly awaiting the new update that has had fans pulling their hair out in anticipation (seriously thinning out on top here) can someone please clarify if we still getting a console update if not let's crowdfund this. As fans we have the power to make it happen

Muggs
09-23-2018, 04:37 PM
Well like Richard said PC will get theirs and we can still speculate. As far as us X-box users,to bad.
And to all us console users nana,na,na.

The Fun Pimp
09-23-2018, 04:53 PM
Thanks Richard!

I corrected my post to avoid confusion.

MJS101104
09-23-2018, 05:14 PM
I corrected my post to avoid confusion.

It's great that A17 is coming along great, but that doesn't affect consoles at all. At least at present at any rate. What does this mean for the consoles planned and long awaited update release? Will it be the last one, will it be put on hold until after the end of the year instead of before year end as promised, have they abandoned the updates for console all together?

I don't know anything about Telltale laying people off. Not that I don't care about people losing their job, but we can't do anything about that. Which leaves console players with wondering what it means for consoles?

SylenThunder
09-23-2018, 05:17 PM
It's great that A17 is coming along great, but that doesn't affect consoles at all. At least at present at any rate. What does this mean for the consoles planned and long awaited update release? Will it be the last one, will it be put on hold until after the end of the year instead of before year end as promised, have they abandoned the updates for console all together?

I don't know anything about Telltale laying people off. Not that I don't care about people losing their job, but we can't do anything about that. Which leaves console players with wondering what it means for consoles?
I can only assume that you didn't read the first post...

The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can. As more information becomes available TFP will be issuing statements.

asialsky
09-23-2018, 05:51 PM
I'm sorry but wasn't Telltale the publisher? As long as they secure a new method of getting $$$, Iron Galaxy (if I'm not mistaken) should be able to continue doing watafak they already are.

MJS101104
09-23-2018, 06:00 PM
I can only assume that you didn't read the first post...

Of course I read it, and it answers none of those questions.

"...and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can"

Basically what it says is "PC version is fine, but other platforms are up in the air." Given that TTG were the ones actually paying Iron Galaxy for their work in porting the game, through whatever contractual arrangement agreed upon, it seems reasonable to wonder if this means the promised console update that was supposed to be released by year end will at the least be delayed while they learn what is going on and get more information. I mean, it's not like IG is gonna continue to port the game if they aren't getting paid for their work, right?

browna
09-23-2018, 06:49 PM
Thanks Richard!

:O i play on xbox could u add my crackdown 1991 would like more people to play with if thats oki

Brimstone
09-23-2018, 07:49 PM

Basically what it says is "PC version is fine, but other platforms are up in the air." Given that TTG were the ones actually paying Iron Galaxy for their work in porting the game, through whatever contractual arrangement agreed upon, it seems reasonable to wonder if this means the promised console update that was supposed to be released by year end will at the least be delayed while they learn what is going on and get more information. I mean, it's not like IG is gonna continue to port the game if they aren't getting paid for their work, right?

What it means is it really isn't TFP's problem. 7DtD was never advertised as a console game, TTG came in and arranged that. It's not really on the Pimps to cover TTG's failure. Maybe TFP will help IG find new sponsors, but TFP has its hands full with the original PC version and shouldn't be expected to fix someone else's mess.

RuttedLightning
09-23-2018, 08:49 PM

It is way to early to jump to any conclusions. The announcement came very abrupt with no warning. These things will take time to work out. I find it very unlikely the game and updates will not continue. Just keep calm and let the logistics work itself out

Darkphnix
09-23-2018, 08:51 PM
What it means is it really isn't TFP's problem. 7DtD was never advertised as a console game, TTG came in and arranged that. It's not really on the Pimps to cover TTG's failure. Maybe TFP will help IG find new sponsors, but TFP has its hands full with the original PC version and shouldn't be expected to fix someone else's mess.

I donít agree. TTG going out of business isnít their problem for sure but then again maybe it is. Iím sure the TFP made money off the deal. Itís not like they gave the game to TTG for free. So expanding markets is always a good idea if itís lucrative. But yeah hopefully they can find a publisher if it is. IG is a contract house and pretty good at porting. IG isnít going looking for anything. You seem like a PC player.

Space4Ace
09-23-2018, 08:59 PM
What it means is that, until we get an official announcement, we can only speculate as to what might or might not happen.
We've been waiting for a very long time for an update already so, many of us are used to it by now, so we'll just sit back and wait for official news, hopefully from Clare.

Gitzmo95
09-23-2018, 10:05 PM
Personally I love the game and I play on PS4 I have spent days on this game and love every moment of it the thrill you get when you are building underground of your base and you start to hear those zombie footsteps you run up the ladder or stairs and then you try to sneak at how many there are before deciding to attack or not. But I have stopped playing for the past couple months I have to keep making new worlds just to keep interested in it and even then things are just repetitive now. An update would bring me back and ofc I know itís not TFP responsibility to keep the console version going. But what I am going to say Iím relation to that is it would be not be a bad idea for them to try and keep the console version updating. An update to graphics and such could potentially increase the fan base by a rather large amount and could mean much more income for the whole project in its entirety. But yes I guess we just wait for the official news.

Brimstone
09-23-2018, 10:50 PM
I donít agree. TTG going out of business isnít their problem for sure but then again maybe it is. Iím sure the TFP made money off the deal. Itís not like they gave the game to TTG for free. So expanding markets is always a good idea if itís lucrative. But yeah hopefully they can find a publisher if it is. IG is a contract house and pretty good at porting. IG isnít going looking for anything. You seem like a PC player.

Of course I'm a PC player. Last time I limited my gaming with a console, it was a Dreamcast. But here's the simple point re: the port. TFP did make money off it. By selling the rights to the console version to TTG. Who now owns those rights until they sell them off or there are bankruptcy proceedings. TFP literally cannot do anything with the port right now.

Roland
09-24-2018, 03:34 AM
Of course I'm a PC player. Last time I limited my gaming with a console, it was a Dreamcast. But here's the simple point re: the port. TFP did make money off it. By selling the rights to the console version to TTG. Who now owns those rights until they sell them off or there are bankruptcy proceedings. TFP literally cannot do anything with the port right now.

It could be like Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

davethebakerx2
09-24-2018, 06:21 AM
teltale games were crap except the wolf among us

crazywildfire
09-24-2018, 07:12 AM

And this is just speculation. You assume this is how it is but you have no clue how the contract was set up. You might be completely right not saying you are not. It makes sense but we have no idea what is in the contract much less how it was written up.

davethebakerx2
09-24-2018, 07:53 AM
iron galaxy is the developer. teltale is the publisher. im hoping this isn't why the update is taking so long. from articles i read even the employees didn't know till 30 minits before they were fired. so you ask why now. because fiscal quarter 1 starts octobee first. get everyone out berore the new fiscal year. merry christmas no bonus this year.

Outlaw_187
09-24-2018, 09:46 AM
teltale games were crap except the wolf among us

I like the walking dead series. I hope they finish this last season. They've only put out the 1st episode, suppose to be 4.

But more so i hope they continue at least with 7dtd.

dustipher
09-24-2018, 10:16 AM
I like the walking dead series. I hope they finish this last season. They've only put out the 1st episode, suppose to be 4.

But more so i hope they continue at least with 7dtd.

I think it's all but officially confirmed that TWD is cancelled after episode 2...

I pray this is not the case, but I've heard it from numerous sources!

Brimstone
09-24-2018, 11:08 AM
It could be like Buffy the Vampire Slayer...

What, that as soon as TTG is dead, another publisher is "activated"? Unfortunately, legal agreements are rarely that soft. I feel sorry for the console players- on multiple levels ;)- but the bottom line is, they shouldn't be blaming or harassing TFP on this. This is all on TTG.

XxUnkn0wnxX
09-24-2018, 09:57 PM
Option A: Pimps will cancel console port of the game :(
Option B: Pimps will wait till licence agreement with TTG to expire (3-6+ Years), invest more $$$ with new publisher and hopefully get it off the ground again...

MJS101104
09-24-2018, 10:28 PM
What, that as soon as TTG is dead, another publisher is "activated"? Unfortunately, legal agreements are rarely that soft. I feel sorry for the console players- on multiple levels ;)- but the bottom line is, they shouldn't be blaming or harassing TFP on this. This is all on TTG.

First off, no one has blamed TFP for TTG having to people layoff. So I'm not sure what you think people are "blaming" TFP for doing. It's not "harassment" to ask what is to come for the console version of 7 Days to Die.

Secondly, you're acting like console players have no reason to look to TFP for relevant information and the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles, especially since they have made it clear that console development is handled by TTG and Iron Galaxy and not TFP. TFP stated they intend to "continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform" that they can. What other "platforms" are there other than PC? The console editions obviously.

Also, I do wonder just how many PC players started put on the console edition of the game before deciding to switch to the PC game. And given the fact that TFP has stated more than once their end goal is to have as much parity between console and PC as possible it is not unreasonable to wonder if that is still their goal, or if TTG shutting down means the console edition is dead too.

Finally, it's obvious we'll have to wait and see what happens. And as someone else mentioned in this thread, waiting is something console players are used to.

SylenThunder
09-25-2018, 12:19 AM
Option B: Pimps will wait till licence agreement with TTG to expire (3-6+ Years), invest more $$$ with new publisher and hopefully get it off the ground again...
I would be willing to bet that there was a clause to allow TFP to cancel TTG's license in a case like this. TFP owns the name after all.

Darkphnix
09-25-2018, 01:10 AM
I would be willing to bet that there was a clause to allow TFP to cancel TTG's license in a case like this. TFP owns the name after all.

Iím sure there was along with any number of other ďreasonsĒ including non performance. I think the key is finding a publisher who can monetize it. Letís hope. The hand writing was on the wall a long time with respect to TTGs financials. So this probably isnít a complete suprise and one people making deals with themmwoumd have hopefully considered.

davethebakerx2
09-25-2018, 03:37 AM
did anyone here play sacred 2? ya great game whose company went broke before they could fix it. then sacred 3 came out and it was an insult to sacred fans

crazywildfire
09-25-2018, 07:05 AM
did anyone here play sacred 2? ya great game whose company went broke before they could fix it. then sacred 3 came out and it was an insult to sacred fans

Look at home front. That was a good game and before it could get to far into it what was it THQ or something went down and no more online and no more dlc or anything. Then Home Front 2 years later and it 2as garbage.

Look at sierra studios they had a few games that was popular and who ever bought them out never touched them they just collecting dust.

Anyway not sure what my point was I'm at work and break is over lol but I think it was that those games was different. TT was just the publisher not the developers. The actual developers are still here making the game for PC. So the ports and such can still be a thing just got to give them time to figure things out. It hasn't even been a week yet.

SylenThunder
09-25-2018, 10:44 AM
God I still cringe whenever I hear Sacred 3. The first one was awesome. Then the second came along and it was EPIC, but had a few bugs. Then there was that other garbage. It didn't fit at all, much less play well.

crunchyfrog555
09-25-2018, 12:53 PM

Ive no wish to rag on you, so please take this as polite, but this is rather an argument from incredulity fallacy (in other words, these are the options I can think of and only these).

Im afraid thats rather simplistic, as contracts are usually far more complex than this. It is entirely likely there may be void clauses for situations like these, or any number of different things. You can put largely ANYTHING in a contract. All it requires is it to be legal, and agreed upon by all parties.

So, there are a myriad of options we can imagine, and thats due to us not knowing the contract details, so it remains speculation. It could mean they could get access to buy the licence by being given "first dibs", or a cut down rate, or they might just have to wait until the auditors auction it off, if it comes to full closure.

Then theres the matter of how TT games funded iron galaxy as part of this contract. It could be the usual pro rata thing of funds released in chunks as certain targets are met; hard to say bearing in mind the "early access" nature of its development. It could be theyve had all their funding already, and that TTs role was only left to market it now at this late stage. Add to this, there may also be obligations for TT to cover - in whole or part - patch costs, etc. We just dont know how reliant iron galaxy are at this point.

Every situation is different, but one could take some inkling from thqs disaster. Look at how many licences were quickly snapped and reused. Thq nordic, for example.

So, no, they are by far not the only two options.

But it remains, at present, irrelevant as we are not privy to enough informatio. Best bet is to exercise critical thinking skills and NOT assume anything until evidence is offered to us, especially as there are millions of different permutations in how this could be affecting iron galaxy.

Lastly,please excuse my crappy typing. Im old and using a horrific touchscreen for typing this.

Acridhellsrage
09-25-2018, 06:59 PM
Will console still be supported? I would honestly pay $60 if you guys were to do updates and sell them as DLC. It would be better than not getting anything on Xbox One.

SylenThunder
09-25-2018, 07:37 PM
Will console still be supported? I would honestly pay $60 if you guys were to do updates and sell them as DLC. It would be better than not getting anything on Xbox One.
Information will be announced as it is available. I do believe that the intent is to continue support for it.

GermanPatriot
09-25-2018, 10:24 PM
Information will be announced as it is available. I do believe that the intent is to continue support for it.

The longer whoever is in charge now hesitates, the more patience (support and therefore chance to keep it alive) will fade away. It is market economy. Remember this.

SylenThunder
09-25-2018, 11:34 PM
The longer whoever is in charge now hesitates, the more patience (support and therefore chance to keep it alive) will fade away. It is market economy. Remember this.
It's not a question of hesitation. You don't announce something until you have hard data. There's a lot of legal discussions that are going to have to be made here. Meetings with lawyers and companies. It's not something you can just say and it will happen.

You're going to need to have some patience. It will take time to sort things out.

Muggs
09-26-2018, 12:21 AM
TTP is bringing Stranded Deep to the X-Box and PS4. I was looking foward to trying it,but after this buggy mess with the whole company. I don't want to try that with the company that is left. Real drag.

Ogghostbusters22
09-26-2018, 12:24 AM
Well like Richard said PC will get theirs and we can still speculate. As far as us X-box users,to bad.
And to all us console users nana,na,na.

Actually we do get alphas FYI almost all of alpha 16 for those who said console doesn't also the branch of tell tale was the stupid novel type games such as wolf amount us. Also iron Galaxy is a huge part of the console version. Stop speculating and lying to one another to sit wait and keep turning in cuz it'll come

crunchyfrog555
09-26-2018, 12:35 AM
Actually we do get alphas FYI almost all of alpha 16 for those who said console doesn't also the branch of tell tale was the stupid novel type games such as wolf amount us. Also iron Galaxy is a huge part of the console version. Stop speculating and lying to one another to sit wait and keep turning in cuz it'll come

A couple of points, just to be clear.

We, the console players, DONT get alphas in the strictest sense, as the game on console is considered a full release. So although I see your point about features from the PC alphas coming across, its not quite the same. Its important to distinguish this as there were (and still are) myths floating about that console players will get EVERYTHING that has already appeared on PC. That CANNOT happen, as has been officially stated many times. Current consoles have too limited RAM and other resources for this.

Secondly, regarding the accusation of lying and speculating that "itll come". Again, whilst youre correct in general about speculation, the point about updates forthcoming to the consoles has been addressed by the team - its the start of this very thread.

It states that consoles versions will continue to be supported as long as they can. Now, granted thats an open statement, but it is most definitely NOT the case that its finished for console. As I pointed out on the previous page, iron galaxy are the devs responsible for console, and TT being publisher. We dont know any of the contractual details between them, so we cannot know whether theres any further funding due, or how much.

But, if the console devs themselves state that they are intending to continue as long as possible, there is good reason to take them precisely at their word, as they have been similarly conservative and straightforward in all communications previously.

Lastly, we DO have to sit and wait because bankruptcies, insolvencies, and closures take time to sort through the loose ends. As 7dtd was one of the two games that were actually still making money for TT, you can bet someone will try to bid for the rights, if iron galaxy themselves are unable to.

But it takes time. A couple of decades ago, I was made redundant after the company i word for went kaput. The auditors kept a few of us management on for a few weeks, then that was it. Last couple of days was auctioing assets off. I was owed two weeks holiday pay, but as with all insolvencies, I had to join the list of creditors.

I finally got my money paid, in one full sum, 9 years later.

RuttedLightning
09-26-2018, 12:48 AM
Everyone really needs to stop jumping to conclusions. I see this type of click bait on youtube as well. Nobody really knows anything. The fate of what is to come is up in the air. Until someone comes out and says one way or the other on the future of the console, we all just have to sit back and be patient. It sucks not knowing, but is the way of life. We will get an answer.

Pyronatic19
09-26-2018, 02:16 AM
Nope! The exact same message was posted in the PC section as well.
The consoles don't get alphas, only updates.

PC people were afraid that the Telltale story would also affect the PC alpha 17, so Richard wanted to let them know that it is still coming out soon.
And that's why I told Richard to be more specific in his message... Because some people might not understand.

Check your facts they where working on updating game engine so they can do the PC stuff

Ogghostbusters22
09-26-2018, 02:45 AM
A couple of points, just to be clear.

We, the console players, DONT get alphas in the strictest sense, as the game on console is considered a full release. So although I see your point about features from the PC alphas coming across, its not quite the same. Its important to distinguish this as there were (and still are) myths floating about that console players will get EVERYTHING that has already appeared on PC. That CANNOT happen, as has been officially stated many times. Current consoles have too limited RAM and other resources for this.

Secondly, regarding the accusation of lying and speculating that "itll come". Again, whilst youre correct in general about speculation, the point about updates forthcoming to the consoles has been addressed by the team - its the start of this very thread.

It states that consoles versions will continue to be supported as long as they can. Now, granted thats an open statement, but it is most definitely NOT the case that its finished for console. As I pointed out on the previous page, iron galaxy are the devs responsible for console, and TT being publisher. We dont know any of the contractual details between them, so we cannot know whether theres any further funding due, or how much.

But, if the console devs themselves state that they are intending to continue as long as possible, there is good reason to take them precisely at their word, as they have been similarly conservative and straightforward in all communications previously.

Lastly, we DO have to sit and wait because bankruptcies, insolvencies, and closures take time to sort through the loose ends. As 7dtd was one of the two games that were actually still making money for TT, you can bet someone will try to bid for the rights, if iron galaxy themselves are unable to.

But it takes time. A couple of decades ago, I was made redundant after the company i word for went kaput. The auditors kept a few of us management on for a few weeks, then that was it. Last couple of days was auctioing assets off. I was owed two weeks holiday pay, but as with all insolvencies, I had to join the list of creditors.

I finally got my money paid, in one full sum, 9 years later.

It's Kool keep playin it like you got the inside scoop

irjvik
09-26-2018, 03:39 AM
Everyone really needs to stop jumping to conclusions.

100% agree.
We have bought the game anyways, so waiting a few days/weeks/months more is no problem.
We are and will stay 7DTD players and customers.

But such a news brings fear and uncertainty in minds, so such reactions are not unexpected.

crunchyfrog555
09-26-2018, 03:41 AM
It's Kool keep playin it like you got the inside scoop

You have made a terrible assumption there. You seem to think this is opinion im discussing. It isnt. It is EMPIRICAL, objective fact. Im sorry if you dont understand the difference, but its basically this - you get your own opinion, but you dont get your own reality.

What I mean is that the point about them intending to support the game as long as they are able to is RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD.

If youre saying you have some evidence that is incorrect, then you must provide evidence as per your burden of proof.

So, please, if this is wrong, have at it. But you dont get to say its wrong and just walk away without any proof.

So please, keep it civil and on point

crazywildfire
09-26-2018, 03:55 AM
You have made a terrible assumption there. You seem to think this is opinion im discussing. It isnt. It is EMPIRICAL, objective fact. Im sorry if you dont understand the difference, but its basically this - you get your own opinion, but you dont get your own reality.

What I mean is that the point about them intending to support the game as long as they are able to is RIGHT AT THE TOP OF THIS THREAD.

If youre saying you have some evidence that is incorrect, then you must provide evidence as per your burden of proof.

So, please, if this is wrong, have at it. But you dont get to say its wrong and just walk away without any proof.

So please, keep it civil and on point

Not going to say you are wrong but some of it is speculation. We have no clue how the contract was written so we have no clue if it will be bid off or what is going on at this point. At this point of time until an actual staff member let's us know all anyone is doing is speculating. So that doesn't mean someone is wrong but also doesn't make them right either. :)

Unequaled
09-26-2018, 05:50 AM
This is a Test for the TFP ppl,on how badly they want their product and Future products on Console.Because Reputation on console is everything it doesn't matter if your publishing are the IP Owner of a game,once the word is out your a gaming company that cannot be trusted in any aspect good luck making money(Bungie,EA)you may have a solid base that's all you'll have. Bottom line all I want is what everyone wants is the updated content "yes" more importantly for 7dtd to succeed on console.

O-BEAST
09-26-2018, 06:02 AM
I just really want an update for ps4. I hope it comes soon but I still love the game anyway.

crazywildfire
09-26-2018, 06:28 AM
This is a Test for the TFP ppl,on how badly they want their product and Future products on Console.Because Reputation on console is everything it doesn't matter if your publishing are the IP Owner of a game,once the word is out your a gaming company that cannot be trusted in any aspect good luck making money(Bungie,EA)you may have a solid base that's all you'll have. Bottom line all I want is what everyone wants is the updated content "yes" more importantly for 7dtd to succeed on console.

Over 2 million steam copies sold would say console isn't everything. I think everyone is forgetting the fact that it still hasn't even been a week and everyone is wanting answers right now ok maybe not everyone but most. It is almost like oh it is this way or that way because nothing has been said yet. They are not going to have the answers some are looking for right smack away. Just isn't going to happen regardless how you feel about it. 5 or 6 days counting a weekend in that time isn't that much time to get things in order for something like this. At least they did come on and say what they said at the start of this thread. As of now that is all they have for us. Give them time to get things in order no body owes anyone here nothing at all. So be grateful they want to continue to update all platforms as much as they can.

Unequaled
09-26-2018, 07:06 AM
Over 2 million steam copies sold would say console isn't everything. I think everyone is forgetting the fact that it still hasn't even been a week and everyone is wanting answers right now ok maybe not everyone but most. It is almost like oh it is this way or that way because nothing has been said yet. They are not going to have the answers some are looking for right smack away. Just isn't going to happen regardless how you feel about it. 5 or 6 days counting a weekend in that time isn't that much time to get things in order for something like this. At least they did come on and say what they said at the start of this thread. As of now that is all they have for us. Give them time to get things in order no body owes anyone here nothing at all. So be grateful they want to continue to update all platforms as much as they can.

Did I sound are act like I was ungrateful? Are just showed concern for a game like,did I give out timelines for this and that? No, I didn't so you can take your condescending additude and shove it up your rear. Because you're not the only one that can show concern for this game. Man, I deal with Inmates for a living you don't intimidate me in the slightest. I've been viewing the 7dtd fourm for a year so,so I know all about you cuz.

Unequaled
09-26-2018, 08:09 AM
Only two million copy's the fault falls on Telltale Publishing not given 7dtd the push needed,if your basing off Triple A Company numbers that isn't far to the TFP.People on console didn't really know of 7dtd,until content creaters like Skippy being on PS4 came along.By that time the word was out about game breaking bugs(MD5 ERROR)mainly, so that hurt sells coincide with slow updates. With 1,300 posts would've thought the basic information about console problems would be known to you. Than again ppl also watch Kage,Kickz,GameEdge,Max,should I go on? Nevertheless they watch'em on PC instead buying 7dtd on console they go PC instead. Do you need any more logical proof or facts?

crazywildfire
09-26-2018, 08:23 AM
Did I sound are act like I was ungrateful? Are just showed concern for a game like,did I give out timelines for this and that? No, I didn't so you can take your condescending additude and shove it up your rear. Because you're not the only one that can show concern for this game. Man, I deal with Inmates for a living you don't intimidate me in the slightest. I've been viewing the 7dtd fourm for a year so,so I know all about you cuz.

Did I say you? I do think you should calm down dude. I quoted you yes but doesn't mean the whole message was toward that post. So you jump to conclusions without asking telling me off. So I will just put a stop to it here before it gets out of hands and a mod gets involved. Have a good days sir

crazywildfire
09-26-2018, 08:27 AM
Only two million copy's the fault falls on Telltale Publishing not given 7dtd the push needed,if your basing off Triple A Company numbers that isn't far to the TFP.People on console didn't really know of 7dtd,until content creaters like Skippy being on PS4 came along.By that time the word was out about game breaking bugs(MD5 ERROR)mainly, so that hurt sells coincide with slow updates.

I said 2 million steam copies that is PC not console. I don't have the numbers for console. But TT has nothing to do with the sales on PC besides yeah maybe a few console players has PC as well and found out through console first but it isn't near the majority of those sales. I was just pointing out as far as the game itself goes console isn't everything. The game would not die if console version dies. Just sayin

Unequaled
09-26-2018, 08:33 AM
"TFP are Awesome" TELLTALE Management can go________________.Fill in the blank Space.

Unequaled
09-26-2018, 09:43 AM

PC will never die off to be totally clear. Read tha first sentence:If everything works in the TFP Favor and getting publishing back,do they just work with Iron Galaxy directly,find a new Publisher are put console 7dtd on the shelf until PC goes Gold 2019. Are the language in the contract Doesn't release TFP from it will they fight for console(Like PC) are let the contract expire then port content over. These are logical path ways for at least one will come to pass which one who knows. This is how I see it happening,either way hard choices will have to be made. I always look at negatives First to get to a positive solution.

Muggs
09-26-2018, 11:12 AM
Why you picked my post for your speculation bull#### I don't know. You are wrong TT has their hands in all kind of stuff. If you read in an earlier post I said they are bringing Stranded Deep to the consoles soon. Thats another survival/crafting game. Take your blabbering elsewhere and badger someone else. I'm talking to Oggblah,blah,22.

Luckystrike2778
09-26-2018, 04:55 PM
It's depressing we haven't seen at least a "im ok" post from Clare. She has been our mother hen so to speak and I'm more worried about her than a yes or no to console dying or not. I hope she is well.

crunchyfrog555
09-26-2018, 05:58 PM
Not going to say you are wrong but some of it is speculation. We have no clue how the contract was written so we have no clue if it will be bid off or what is going on at this point. At this point of time until an actual staff member let's us know all anyone is doing is speculating. So that doesn't mean someone is wrong but also doesn't make them right either. :)

Then you have either misunderstood or have moved the goal posts.

I CLEARLY stated to take the words which they have said at face value, nothing more. No speculation.

To reiterate - they said they are working on console for as long as they can support it. I made it abundantly clear that any such ideas beyond that were speculation. In fact my original post was to address the fact that someone had stated there were TWO possible outcomes. I stated that was not the case, and there were myriad possibilities.

So please stop misrepresenting what I said. It helps nobody here to muddy the waters.

So, to reiterate - they have said that they wish to support the console versions, each for as long as they are able. And as we know of nothing within the contracts, we can assume nothing meaningful further.

Thats it.

crazywildfire
09-26-2018, 07:24 PM
So other words you wish for all to show you proof of something but you can go on about how they will bid this and do this or that with no proof? Gotcha have a good one.

davethebakerx2
09-26-2018, 07:33 PM
im sure they kept enough people to fulfill there current obligations in order for something of value to be sold at the bankruptcy auction.

crazywildfire
09-26-2018, 07:33 PM
It's depressing we haven't seen at least a "im ok" post from Clare. She has been our mother hen so to speak and I'm more worried about her than a yes or no to console dying or not. I hope she is well.

Yeah, I hope she is doing ok. It would be nice to hear something from her even if it has nothing what so ever to do with TT, IG or 7dtd. But I imagine it be hard to do that because once she did she get filled with questions that she might not even know the answers to.

Fox
09-26-2018, 07:59 PM
Yeah, I hope she is doing ok. It would be nice to hear something from her even if it has nothing what so ever to do with TT, IG or 7dtd. But I imagine it be hard to do that because once she did she get filled with questions that she might not even know the answers to.
That's exactly the reason I think is why she's lurking but not posting.

Luckystrike2778
09-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Yea. Hope u r well Clare if u read this

crunchyfrog555
09-26-2018, 10:28 PM
So other words you wish for all to show you proof of something but you can go on about how they will bid this and do this or that with no proof? Gotcha have a good one.

Now youre just being silly, or just dont understand at all.

Heres some basic universal logic. The default position.
This is when a proposition is made and another person chooses to disbelieve their claim. It does NOT mean they automatically take the opposite position. It just means "you havent met your burden of proof in providing evidence to support your claim, so I cant make ANY decision".

All i did was address YOUR claim about speculation and that people were lying, by pointing out that the devs themselves have stated at the top of this very thread that consoles will be supported as long as they are able. There is ZERO reason to not believe this claim, as they have no record of flat out lying to customers.

So, I made NO claim about anything. I merely addressed YOURS that we are making stuff up.

But, as per your burden of proof, you can demonstrate evidence to the contrary and ill happily consider it. This is how reality works.

So, please, if you dont understand something ive said, dont be shy and ASK. I will happily explain, but please do not keep strawmanning me, nor the devs, or others.

You clearly misunderstood my previous point when i spoke of how bankruptcies and insolvencies work (responding to the "there are only two options available" claim). I was IN NO WAY saying thats what will happen here. I was offering what CAN happen.

In otherwords,the person claiming there were only two options on the table was making an argument from incredulity fallacy, and i offered that info to show other POSSIBILITIES. I even clearly cautioned SEVERAL TIMES not to assume nor speculate unduly. Yet you somehow think i seem to be saying the opposite.

I hope that clears it up.

Snippy390
09-26-2018, 11:27 PM
I'm just curious why they would claim to be upgrading there engine and say this big update was coming when this was all happening this is not something that just happened over night somewhere in the chain they new this was coming so to lead people on is a little disconsering I'm a long time 7dtd player got it as soon as I could for xbox I play every day I'm worried that they are going cut there loses and put all focus on pc this is just my opinion and I am not arguing any ones previous statements
Good day to all

SylenThunder
09-26-2018, 11:48 PM
I'm just curious why they would claim to be upgrading there engine and say this big update was coming when this was all happening this is not something that just happened over night somewhere in the chain they new this was coming so to lead people on is a little disconsering I'm a long time 7dtd player got it as soon as I could for xbox I play every day I'm worried that they are going cut there loses and put all focus on pc this is just my opinion and I am not arguing any ones previous statements
Good day to all
Telltale wasn't developing the game. Iron Galaxy was.

So yeah, Telltale probably knew it was coming, but decided not to tell anyone. Including the developer they had working on stuff.

If you read the statement in the first post, you would know that they have no intention of giving up on the console versions.

Outlaw_187
09-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Good day to all

Yeah im sure they (telltale) saw the "writng on the wall" so to speak, at least upper management. Think the 💩💩 just hit the fan sooner than expected.
I personally thought it was odd when they kept toting this walking dead game as "the final season". I figured the series was a pretty big hit, with the shows success & all, plus the game itself was fun with good story. Ive enjoyed them anyway.

Hard to say whats gonna happen in the future. Just gotta wait for some official word from someone as to what happens next.

crunchyfrog555
09-27-2018, 02:44 AM
Yeah im sure they (telltale) saw the "writng on the wall" so to speak, at least upper management. Think the 💩💩 just hit the fan sooner than expected.
I personally thought it was odd when they kept toting this walking dead game as "the final season". I figured the series was a pretty big hit, with the shows success & all, plus the game itself was fun with good story. Ive enjoyed them anyway.

Hard to say whats gonna happen in the future. Just gotta wait for some official word from someone as to what happens next.

I dont think theres any reason to suspect the walking dead being in the last season as any sort of indicator. They would have planned for a certain length of seasons based on how long they had the licence. They are limited by that. One should note that they didnt intend this to be the end of the walking dead anyway, just the end of clementines arc.

The first game was indeed a big hit, but they have admitted themselves that the sales lessend more and more with each one. Thats precisely why they had this downfall. They oversaturated with very little to no further innovation. People just got tired of them all quickly, and those licences to batman, game of thrones, borderlands, wolf among us et al were expensive. They didnt make their money back on them.

They also were only making good income on two games towards the end - minecraft story mode, and 7 days to die.

The writing very much was on the wall, sadly. Add that to the reports of the horrible working conditions there and its not surprising.

As to whats happening in the future, for TT not very much at all as they are done. They have just announced they have apparently secured funding to complete the walking dead, angering the debtors (especially their staff). Personally, id be surprised at that unless they also pay their development team as nobodys gonna work for bugger all, passion or not. We may hear that change in the coming days; it would not surprise me .It is important to always remember that TT are thankfully only publisher for 7dtd. So while iron galaxy have some things to work through, they have every intention of seeing this through as long as they are able. As far as fun pimps and the pc version, it hasnt affected them at all. Nothing changes there.

Space4Ace
09-27-2018, 06:03 AM
Where is Clare? I wish she could write and say hello or something. :(

Unequaled
09-27-2018, 07:31 AM
Clare is ok Mad but ok ( if employed by TT ). Most obvious reason for not replying Laid off by TT under contract with a Non Disclosure Agreement,it isn't that Clare doesn't want to reply to everyone,by Law Clare can't.

crunchyfrog555
09-27-2018, 08:41 AM
Clare is ok Mad but ok (if employed by TT). Most obvious reason for not replying Laid off by TT under contract with a Gag Order,it isn't that Clare doesn't want to reply to everyone,by Law Clare can't.

Im afraid that is absolute nonsense.

Gag orders are for legal disputes administered on behalf of courts, not normal working contracts. Law isnt remotely involved here.

Youre part right, though.

She is likely not responding for the obvious reasons. Either shes gone (which id be surprised at, because I would doubt shes employed by TT if shes community person on here), or theres nothing helpful she can tell us.

You have to remember a couple of things. In winding up situations, things literally change day to day, or hour to hour. It would cause absolute chaos and misinformation if she posted one hour to say, for example "its ok, fundings been found for x", then an hour later to say "no scratch that, its changed".

Aside from that, what could she say that is really of any help, apart from "im still here"?
Also, auditors are normally largely involved in control of the company and their job is to assess and audit the assets and financials of the company and work out the best way to both close the company up, organize the debtors, etc. That is,of course, very much assuming this is the case here - take this with a pinch of salt (its from personal experience only).

So, any communication is going to be really guarded and conservative. In all likelihood, what the original post on this thread is about all you need to know at this point.

Still, you are correct in wondering whether claire is ok. It would be nice to know.

Unequaled
09-27-2018, 10:02 AM
[QUOTE=crunchyfrog555;849925]Im afraid that is absolute nonsense.

Gag orders are for legal disputes administered on behalf of courts, not normal working contracts. Law isnt remotely involved here.

She is likely not responding for the obvious reasons. Either shes gone (which id be surprised at, because I would doubt shes employed by TT if shes community person on here), or theres nothing helpful she can tell us.

You have to remember a couple of things. In winding up situations, things literally change day to day, or hour to hour. It would cause absolute chaos and misinformation if she posted one hour to say, for example "its ok, fundings been found for x", then an hour later to say "no scratch that, its changed".

Aside from that, what could she say that is really of any help, apart from "im still here"?
Also, auditors are normally largely involved in control of the company and their job is to assess and audit the assets and financials of the company and work out the best way to both close the company up, organize the debtors, etc. That is,of course, very much assuming this is the case here - take this with a pinch of salt (its from personal experience only).

So, any communication is going to be really guarded and conservative. In all likelihood, what the original post on this thread is about all you need to know at this point.

Still, you are correct in wondering whether claire is ok. It would be nice to know. [QUOTE]= What I meant was a Non Disclosure Agreement,I don't say anything definite about Clare being at TT for starters.Everyone is like were is Clare, I giving some reasoning why Clare isn't posting anything that's it,far as I know Clare works for TT,IG,and TFP. Lastly what I need to know is none of yours anybody else concern period.

crunchyfrog555
09-27-2018, 12:18 PM
[QUOTE=crunchyfrog555;849925]Im afraid that is absolute nonsense.

Still, you are correct in wondering whether claire is ok. It would be nice to know. [QUOTE]= What I meant was a Non Disclosure Agreement,I don't say anything definite about Clare being at TT for starters.Everyone is like were is Clare, I giving some reasoning why Clare isn't posting anything that's it,far as I know Clare works for TT,IG,and TFP. Lastly what I need to know is none of yours anybody else concern period.

Theres really no need to take offence. None was intended.

I get what you mean then. Yes, its possible for nda to be in effect.

Please understand when I was addressing who claire works for, and everything else, I wasnt just referring to YOU or YOUR claim. Im trying to post for the benefit of everybody here, for the sake of clarity (you know how chinese whispers go and things get out of hand).

Finally, I never said "you need to know". I said "what you have to remember is ...". It is a figure of speech, like "bearing in mind". I was referring to the fact that concerning the subject of insolvency, you need to take certain things into account, as I explained. Ergo, things you need to remember. Anyway, Im old and likely this might not be familiar to you (plus mere text is difficult to present inflection).

So please understand there was no malice or offence intended. Im just trying to do my bit to make sure correct details get out there to everyone.

Tin
09-27-2018, 01:00 PM
(Since everyone is speculating..)

Maybe it's something simple like:
She just doesn't have any info to give us and saying something even innocuous like "Hi! I'm doing well!", will ultimately end up in a frenzy of question, upon question, of thing's she doesn't yet have any info for?
Let's not kid ourselves.. You know that's what will happen. Id guess within 3-5 posts of ppl genuinely wanting to know she's Ok.

In all seriousness, I have seen her name pop up in the ppl On-line list from time to time..even today! So there's that at least.

(So with that speculation out of the way) :D
Good Luck Clare! Hope everything is as well as it can be with you. :peace:

ZombieHoG
09-27-2018, 02:56 PM
snip
Good Luck Clare! Hope everything is as well as it can be with you. :peace:

This!

and Thx Clare for over two years!

jr88rowdy
09-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Her (Clare) twitter bio says Former Console Community Manager for 7DTD...this stinks. I wish her nothing but the best as she was truly awesome at her job. We will miss you Clare.

crunchyfrog555
09-27-2018, 04:50 PM
Her (Clare) twitter bio says Former Console Community Manager for 7DTD...this stinks. I wish her nothing but the best as she was truly awesome at her job. We will miss you Clare.
Well, colour me surprised on that one.

Thank you for letting us know. I couldnt agree more. Theres a wealth of other dev and publisher forums that havent done half the job clare did on her own.

She was to the point, always very polite and decent, and timely with her posts. I truly hope that our comments here might help in her next job in some way.

Thank you for all you did clare.

Damselx1
09-27-2018, 05:05 PM
Well, colour me surprised on that one.

Thank you for letting us know. I couldnt agree more. Theres a wealth of other dev and publisher forums that havent done half the job clare did on her own.

She was to the point, always very polite and decent, and timely with her posts. I truly hope that our comments here might help in her next job in some way.

Thank you for all you did clare.

Well said! Clare has been a wonderful source of help and advice; was always friendly, fun and worked hard to help us all. I hold out hope that she will return to the forum soon - she will be missed!

If you don't come back to us Clare, thank you for everything you've done for us and best wishes for the future!

Ignoringmywife1
09-27-2018, 11:03 PM
Thank you Clare for all of the help. We will miss you very much.

irjvik
09-28-2018, 08:41 AM
You have the Clare Twitter statement here : https://twitter.com/_3C_/status/1045451551559618565

Thank you Clare, you will be missed.

thatguybeard
09-28-2018, 09:08 AM
Thank you for everything Clare!

crunchyfrog555
09-28-2018, 10:05 AM
You have the Clare Twitter statement here : https://twitter.com/_3C_/status/1045451551559618565

Thank you Clare, you will be missed.first off, thank you for providing the evidence.

Secondly, I have to apologise for being utterly wrong about claires employment.

I truly hope she does get a damned good job in future. She was a shining example.

davethebakerx2
09-28-2018, 11:41 AM
telltale was a pos company to begin with. so is iron galaxy. i have a feeling there is no update coming. hopefull they can regain there rights and move forward but it's more realistic to belive this game is dead.

Unequaled
09-28-2018, 11:52 AM
I'm truly Pi--ed at TT and my Gut feeling. Thx Clare for being the ONLY ONE WHO GAVE A F!!K ABOUT CONSOLE AND IT'S PLAYERS. Yes I used all caps so," don't like it too bad ".

irjvik
09-28-2018, 12:27 PM
... it's more realistic to belive this game is dead.

Maybe, or maybe not.
The Fun Pimps clearly stated they won't give up now, so please give them a chance.
Please wait for facts, not beliefs. We as players have nothing to loose if TFP is successful, and things cannot be worse if TFP is unsuccessful..

EDIT :
7DTD is now a zombie game ??? :miserable:

davethebakerx2
09-28-2018, 01:11 PM
yes i said a zombie game was dead.

sandman2838
09-28-2018, 03:28 PM
I just don't get it. Sure there are problems with the game, but for the majority of players it seems to be working. Yeah, there is the md5 problem that regardless of anyone's excuse, is a problem with the game not with the xbox. And then there's the crashes that don't cause resets because we learned how to avoid them, but all in all, the game performs. It's no Lambo but it isn't a Yugo either.

I for one will continue to play, whether their's new updates or not. If TFP puts together a new crew to port things I will enjoy that as well, but until then I'll enjoy what I have.

Maggot_8741
09-28-2018, 05:48 PM
I'm sorry for everybody that lost their job but Maybe if telltale would have published some games that u could actually play and not just sit and watch they might have been doing better.. Just saying

knighthonor
09-28-2018, 07:12 PM
Hey can these people be hired by whoever takes over the console development for 7 Days to Die? please!!

Wjiiv
09-28-2018, 08:02 PM
Sad to see claire go. Somewhere a sad giraffe is crying.

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/3656430_700b_v1.jpg

Eighmy_Lupin
09-28-2018, 08:45 PM
In theory they should be able to hired by the next console puplisher, iron galaxy or TFP. Whether or not they are hired is another story. They may not need new people or only a few and don't want to create bad blood by only hiring some of them.

It's really up in the air, but I've seen other developers for other games show intrest in hiring former TT employees

TheNeoReaper
09-28-2018, 09:00 PM
I really hope that Clare is ok,right? And we have to admit that console players dont get any updates anymore soon..or ever. Thanks Richard for that "update" also.

If this turns out to be a fact i will never buy anything from the fun pimps ever again. Trust when i say they are not far off themselves from going bankrupt.

Fox
09-28-2018, 09:12 PM
Sad to see claire go. Somewhere a sad giraffe is crying.

https://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/3656430_700b_v1.jpg
I don't really consider that funny considering last night at 4am, a tenant in my building was going to commit suicide but his friend called the cops on him... and he is now in a psych ward. It would have been the 2nd suicide I witnessed in my building.

SylenThunder
09-28-2018, 10:18 PM
If this turns out to be a fact i will never buy anything from the fun pimps ever again. Trust when i say they are not far off themselves from going bankrupt.
1. TFP didn't drop the ball here.

2. Can't trust you on this at all. Sorry. You have some of their financial documents stored somewhere? Didn't think so.

- - - Updated - - -

In theory they should be able to hired by the next console puplisher, iron galaxy or TFP. Whether or not they are hired is another story. They may not need new people or only a few and don't want to create bad blood by only hiring some of them.

It's really up in the air, but I've seen other developers for other games show intrest in hiring former TT employees
TT is just the publisher in this case, so hiring them for the continuation of the console port makes very little sense.

What I expect will happen is that TFP will find another publisher for the console version, or simply take that task on themselves.

Until we have solid new on it though, everything is merely speculation.

Maggot_8741
09-29-2018, 12:30 AM
- - - Updated - - -

I don't really consider that funny considering last night at 4am, a tenant in my building was going to commit suicide but his friend called the cops on him... and he is now in a psych ward. It would have been the 2nd suicide I witnessed in my building.
Did they own 7 days to die on console?

RuttedLightning
09-29-2018, 01:28 AM
Very saddened hearing about Clare.....there is a very large hole in the community. This place will not be the same without her guidance. So....time to pass around one last blueberry pie for Clare

Wjiiv
09-29-2018, 02:57 AM
"I don't really consider that funny considering last night at 4am, a tenant in my building was going to commit suicide but his friend called the cops on him... and he is now in a psych ward. It would have been the 2nd suicide I witnessed in my building."

Sounds rough. Has nothing to do with a funny giraffe picture (you see, claire liked giraffes) or claire leaving, but i hope the best for ya.

skippy0330
09-29-2018, 12:46 PM

But see, simply coming out, like the devs of stranded deep did, and saying "Hey guys, we have no clue what's going on, We are waiting in line to hear" would do worlds of wonders. The markets becoming very impatient like acrid said, we've all been down the alpha road and don't want to continue on the path anymore. When people see developers acting like this, being tight lipped, they just simply move on.

It's not unheard of or even out of the ordinary for a game/move/book with a cult following to expect these things, when you form something like this, you gotta take responsiblity. Many other companies are very outspoken, very communicative and they are doing well, it's the ones that use mantras such as "it's done when it's done" that are fading.

Please, no fanboys use the excuse that pr takes out of dev time, I've done more PR on the ♥♥♥♥ter in one shot than i've seen all year from tfp.

SylenThunder
09-29-2018, 01:01 PM
1. Did you even read the first post in this thread? They are taking responsibility.

2. I agree that the idea of PR time taking away from Dev time is stupid. They are completely separate teams. Hell it could even be a different company that they have hired for PR. Not to mention that hired lawyers would be working on the contracts.

3. This does take time though, and they will give us more information when it's available. Have you seen the legal agreements they signed?

Aptiva
09-29-2018, 01:16 PM
Here's an idea and I hope TFP is already tossing this around.... Hire Clare

Pablodiablo316
09-29-2018, 02:26 PM
I have just spoen with her on twitter, and she is ok despite everything. Once her Admin status here is removed she hope to be back as a regular player of the game:)

Fox
09-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Here's an idea and I hope TFP is already tossing this around.... Hire Clare
It wouldn't be TFP's choice, it'd be Iron Galaxy or the next publisher that takes over. But ya, they should.

irjvik
09-30-2018, 05:41 AM
Hello.
Just a reminder, don't be too quick to jump to conclusions.

TellTales did an unexpected move, but *did not* file for bankruptcy.
So all current contracts are still in force.
In their statement, TellTales said "... with a small group of 25 employees to fulfill the company's obligation to its boards and partners ..."

On this statement, there is currently evidence TellTales will fulfill current contracts.
So nothing has changed officially for 7DTD (it's a contract with TFP after all) until further notice.

So wait and see ...

a4twenty
09-30-2018, 10:55 AM
TellTales said "... with a small group of 25 employees to fulfill the company's obligation to its boards and partners ..."

as we are neither of those, i wont be holding my breath.... only time will tell, hoping for the best though.

Space4Ace
09-30-2018, 01:16 PM
It wouldn't be TFP's choice, it'd be Iron Galaxy or the next publisher that takes over. But ya, they should.

Iron Galaxy is the studio, hired by Telltale Games, that worked on the conversion of the game for consoles (Xbox One and PS4). Telltale bought the rights to publish the game; Iron Galaxy doesn't publish games, as far as I know.
I would guess that The Fun Pimps might take over from Telltale, or find another publisher... But at this point in time, who knows?
I'm playing another game right now that Iron Galaxy worked on... Borderlands 2.

Clare
09-30-2018, 06:00 PM
Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm back as a regular player, hoping with the rest of you that this bump in the road for 7DTD is a small one and that we hear something about progress soon.

I won't comment on everything I've missed - I can't in a lot of cases anywho, I'm as out of the loop as everyone else. But this...

I'm truly Pi--ed at TT and my Gut feeling. Thx Clare for being the ONLY ONE WHO GAVE A F!!K ABOUT CONSOLE AND IT'S PLAYERS. Yes I used all caps so," don't like it too bad ".

...is extremely untrue. I care, yes, but so did everyone else who worked on this project. I'm not trying to single you out Unequaled, I know this is a sentiment a lot may feel, and I want to make a point that EVERYONE who worked on this game worked hard and cared about the work they did.

I'd also like to point out that I have an indifference to regular giraffes, but abhor the idea of Zombie giraffes... there's a doodle of it somewhere on the forums. Just want to set the record straight on that ;)

Outlaw_187
09-30-2018, 10:40 PM
Glad to hear from ya Clare. We welcome you to the forums as "one of us" now, lol.

DarkheartNZ
09-30-2018, 11:39 PM
Welcome back Clare.
:smile-new:

Unequaled
10-01-2018, 01:53 AM
Hard work may have taken place,but the end result doesn't show on my end (Xbox Version). With that said everyone should know what I'm speaking of,yeah I know about the work around believe it are not I have 2000hrs put in. So why continue playing for one I can't work,working in Corrections and seen what I've seen I developed PTSD the building aspect of the game helps me in a weird way with this issue. Anyway when I show genuine concern it gets thrown back into my face, rather than been given a chance to make a correction are recant a statement they've made they are single out even if it's not intended. Me Voluntarily Suppressing Concern for Individuals I'm done with I could careless about any of you From Joel to the person who just signed up today.

Outlaw_187
10-01-2018, 02:37 AM
Lets just hope they are still working on at least this last update that was posted back in February. You'd think they've at least been working on it since then, even up until the last update we recieved from Clare in July.
If anything hopefully they at least get us the unity 2017 update that will "hopefully" help our xbox brothers & sisters.

With all that said, now that Clare isnt our news update person....who will notify us of anything regarding updates...or if no updates. The Fun Pimps? Someone from Iron Galaxy? One of the remaining 25 from TellTale? Hmmm.....

Luckystrike2778
10-01-2018, 02:52 AM
Hard to say. Not much left to say at this point. This is the second game i have had to worry about not being the END product it was talked about being in less than a year._. This reason is why i miss the older console games and systems. What we got is what we got and didnt have to wait or sweat it out hoping to get a fix or new content.

irjvik
10-01-2018, 04:58 AM
... This reason is why i miss the older console games and systems. What we got is what we got and didnt have to wait or sweat it out hoping to get a fix or new content.

I miss them too, but I understand there is a pro and a con in each setting.
If you rewind to PS1/PS2/XBox old days, there were not so many games.
They were 100% finished, polished, but very few compared to actual numbers.

Also, small companies like The Fun Pimps had no place in such a world.
We had only AA or AAA-budget games.
Please remember TFP decided to release 7DTD console early, unfinished and promised to finish it.
On old systems, we would still wait for the game to have an official release date.

Sony and Microsoft decided for Next-Gen consoles to lessen QA standards, in order to facilitate software updates, so independent and unfinished games could came to their consoles.
Alas, there is a price to pay for that ...

Note : you have a way to play "old way" : just choose your games with the following criteria :
- No update allowed (except day one, some are just to counter piracy)
--> meaning: if there are more than a day-one update, don't play this game.
- Client/Server games excluded from this filter (updates are not mean to be mainly bug removals here).

CerealKiller231
10-01-2018, 09:56 AM
I take no pleasure in this but the game has been ruined for me for over a year! Would love to be able to play the game I originally bought 2 years ago! Anyone know how to do this? My thoughts are buying a used disk copy if I can find one and somehow stop all updates once it's installed!

a4twenty
10-01-2018, 10:51 AM
This reason is why i miss the older console games and systems. What we got is what we got and didnt have to wait or sweat it out hoping to get a fix or new content.

thats a bit of a double edged sword, sure games were more polished before release but any flaws were permanent. yeah, you didnt have to worry about waiting for new content, you just had to wait for the next release to get new content, not sure that's too different.

i blame people who pre-order games for the state of the game market today. no money until the finished product is ready. if they release an unfinished broken game the first day reviews will hold back sales/money until its fixed. people paying up front means they already have their money and are less concerned about the state of the game at release.... they can just patch that later, rush it out the door.

not sure if any of you guys/gals are into air combst games but ace combat 7 is finally ready for release in January. it was supposed to be out a year and a half ago, then january of this year. the developer came out and publicly said the game was finished but didnt live up to what they thought they could do with the new hardware/software and they could produce a better product, so they were delaying the release. this kind of honesty and integrity is what is missing from so many developers/publishers today and may have actually earned a pre-order from me. this is not a dig at anyone involved with this game but a generalization of the industry today for the big players.

nickt2
10-01-2018, 06:51 PM
thats a bit of a double edged sword, sure games were more polished before release but any flaws were permanent. yeah, you didnt have to worry about waiting for new content, you just had to wait for the next release to get new content, not sure that's too different.

i blame people who pre-order games for the state of the game market today. no money until the finished product is ready. if they release an unfinished broken game the first day reviews will hold back sales/money until its fixed. people paying up front means they already have their money and are less concerned about the state of the game at release.... they can just patch that later, rush it out the door.

not sure if any of you guys/gals are into air combst games but ace combat 7 is finally ready for release in January. it was supposed to be out a year and a half ago, then january of this year. the developer came out and publicly said the game was finished but didnt live up to what they thought they could do with the new hardware/software and they could produce a better product, so they were delaying the release. this kind of honesty and integrity is what is missing from so many developers/publishers today and may have actually earned a pre-order from me. this is not a dig at anyone involved with this game but a generalization of the industry today for the big players.

Some good points on the general state of gaming. I never pre-order myself and will buy only once the game has released and I can make an informed judgement. I am thankful that early access has given people as there is some real talent and passion here, albeit there is also some lame ducks looking to make a quick profit.

7DTD is a fine example of an amazing game with so much depth , and thanks to early access keeps giving new fixes and features to the patient gamer. For me AAA gaming titles are not that great or innovative and normally involve high cost for a limited game with very linear gameplay aimed at the "younger audience" whom tend to accept any repetitive go-fetch gameplay. Just look at Call of Duty as an example of the repetitive genre which hasn't evolved and has actually got worse over time . And don't even get me started on Battlefield V debacle, although I loved Battlefield 1.

Anyway , I am very grateful for early access titles to provide the community with unique gaming experience and genuine consumer concern, not like the money grabbing AAA titles full of loot crates. Long live early access and 7DTD.

maughanorama
10-02-2018, 08:09 AM
I'm not sure what your issue with bfv is. I liked the beta. Buggy but hey betas right? 7dtd is my GOto game. When I get bored of the grind I do some AAA instant gratification.
I wonder what's next along this game type even if tfp will bring anything out for console again....

Who knows

Moalex
10-03-2018, 06:15 AM
Hi... I got a question and I believe that a lot of people want to know is
What is the future of 7d2d on console? Because u guys said that alpha 17 coming up witch is good news, but nobody said anything about patch 14 for console... It's still working on it? Please let is know something more real... Thank u and by the way I really love the game and I would like to keep playing and enjoy it...

irjvik
10-03-2018, 04:36 PM
...What is the future of 7d2d on console? ...

As for now, we have this info and nothing more.
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87502-Telltale-Layoffs&p=848333&viewfull=1#post848333

Do you want to know more ?
--> Use a crystal ball !

maughanorama
10-03-2018, 07:19 PM
https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87502-Telltale-Layoffs&p=848333&viewfull=1#post848333

--> Use a crystal ball !

This broke my brain.... going round and round in the same thread

RuttedLightning
10-04-2018, 01:01 AM

--> Use a crystal ball !

na...you want the magic 8 ball....much more reliable, lol

Pvt Partts227
10-04-2018, 11:15 AM
Has anyone heard anything new? Where's the unity upgrade that was told to us before the layoffs. Why does it crash to home after an hour when will that be fixed? I use an Xbox one original.

Rick Manplow
10-04-2018, 12:44 PM
Has anyone heard anything new? Where's the unity upgrade that was told to us before the layoffs. Why does it crash to home after an hour when will that be fixed? I use an Xbox one original.

Iím not expecting it to ever be fixed or updated. But if you want to hold your breath...

Nootcaase
10-04-2018, 03:18 PM

Cheers Richard

I appreciate this update, and the edit removing the information regarding alpha 17 on PC, but I have to say it feels like it's time to make some space on my hard drive. I bought this game 2 years ago on sale for $10. I got my money's worth.

Thanks to Telltale for pulling the game to console. Thanks to Clare an Slyth for doing your best to nbn keep the information flowing and accurate. Thanks to the community for the build ideas. It has been fun, but time to move on.

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
10-04-2018, 07:38 PM
Well this ain't good.

I just thought I'd come and visit the forums again to see if that long awaited news about the new update has dropped yet, and this was totally unexpected. But, it is what it is I guess. Hopefully those that got laid off over at Telltale Games are able to find other jobs that suit their talents. I'm curious as to what comes of that new survival game Telltale is publishing called Stranded Deep, which was just recently announced to be releasing this month on the 9th of October for console's. Is that game also in jeopardy?

Either way, as for 7 Days To Die, just take your sweet time with it. There's no rush considering the current versions of the game are in a very good and pleasable state right now, especially on PS4 in particular, and us console gamer's are no strangers to waiting around either. If we could just get alpha 16 on console's I think that would be good enough to officially call it a finished product as far as I'm concerned. Just my opinion.

Ignoringmywife1
10-04-2018, 09:56 PM
I just got hit with an md5 the other day. My friends inventory was deleted. Definitely not in a good state on xbox.

Luckystrike2778
10-05-2018, 01:10 AM
This f#%!:ng sucks a$$. That is all.

Outlaw_187
10-05-2018, 03:41 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.polygon.com/platform/amp/2018/9/23/17892678/telltale-games-shut-down-the-walking-dead-canceled-clementine&ved=2ahUKEwiQ7L2nsO7dAhWl5YMKHV0SCWEQFjACegQIDRAQ&usg=AOvVaw1kWXSlWwD22UjkpJV3tV7L&ampcf=1

Saw this on youtube & just read it. Its from the actress who voices Clementine on the walking dead game.
Doesnt sound good at all my friends. Thought id share.....

Outlaw_187
10-05-2018, 04:39 AM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.engadget.com/amp/2018/10/04/telltale-lays-off-rest-of-staff/&ved=2ahUKEwiPjfzps-7dAhUCiIMKHe8EAU8QqUMwAnoECAYQDQ&usg=AOvVaw3vBHXAz6DT696BaewXnVPZ&ampcf=1

Just read this one too......

irjvik
10-05-2018, 06:01 AM
Please don't jump the gun, read this first :
https://twitter.com/anameformyself/status/1047975335235481600
Those are again sad news for people who were fired, but should not impact existing contracts (aka 7DTD).

TTG laid off even more employees, but *did not* file for bankruptcy or cancel existing contracts.
In order to have 7DTD "alive" and continuing, TTG needs only ONE person, not a full staff team.
This person just need to sign contracts with TFP and IG, and pay IG with the remaining funds.

As for now, we have statements external contracts will be honored.
So it's a waste for employees, but not necessary for 7DTD as a video game.

So wait and see, no need to panic now.

SylenThunder
10-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Might want to read this one as well.
https://kotaku.com/telltale-is-looking-for-another-company-to-hire-its-sta-1829503254

Nootcaase
10-05-2018, 11:30 AM
TTG laid off even more employees, but *did not* file for bankruptcy or cancel existing contracts.
In order to have 7DTD "alive" and continuing, TTG needs only ONE person, not a full staff team.
This person just need to sign contracts with TFP and IG, and pay IG with the remaining funds.

As for now, we have statements external contracts will be honored.
So it's a waste for employees, but not necessary for 7DTD as a video game.

So wait and see, no need to panic now.

Our main source of information that apparently worked for TTG lost her job. The Fun Pimps themselves came over here to start this post to try to appease the console players. We need to face the reality that Teletale kept on those people to handle their own games not the ones they are publishing for others. Especially with all the signs out there.

And Sylen they are working to take of the games from their own studio. That article doesn't say anything about games TTG was just publishing.

I loved this game. There is none other like it. But it has run its course. If the Fun Pimps take over, sweet, but somehting tells me that wont happen until they are done with PC alphas. With as messy as the console version release has been, it's not going to be easy to find a new publisher.

I personally hold no I'll will toward the Fun Pimps, iron Galaxy, or Teletale.

davaklein
10-05-2018, 05:25 PM
Our main source of information that apparently worked for TTG lost her job. The Fun Pimps themselves came over here to start this post to try to appease the console players. We need to face the reality that Teletale kept on those people to handle their own games not the ones they are publishing for others. Especially with all the signs out there.

And Sylen they are working to take of the games from their own studio. That article doesn't say anything about games TTG was just publishing.

I loved this game. There is none other like it. But it has run its course. If the Fun Pimps take over, sweet, but somehting tells me that wont happen until they are done with PC alphas. With as messy as the console version release has been, it's not going to be easy to find a new publisher.

I personally hold no I'll will toward the Fun Pimps, iron Galaxy, or Teletale.

This is the best game ever made. It runs fantastic right now on the ps4 pro. I just really wish and need that Unity engine upgrade I know its coming. I'm holding my breath and crossing my fingers I even called in sick to work just in case it comes out today. Too bad for TT Clare was very helpful. I would like to work on consoles myself.

Relentless2323
10-05-2018, 06:40 PM
All I'm going to say is if 7dtd wasn't ready for console why even put it on there. Second I love playing this game and so do most of my gaming buddy's but I'm tired of hearing that its on the top of the to do list from the modders when it's clear it's not when comes to us console players. With that said it would be nice that when alpha 17 comes out on be PC and all the bugs fixed on it then start on the console version just to show that the modders have just the same amount consideration on console as they do for PC.

Khender6
10-05-2018, 08:17 PM
Looks like Telltale let go of more employees yesterday.

https://www.pcgamer.com/telltales-skeleton-crew-has-reportedly-been-laid-off/

Luckystrike2778
10-05-2018, 11:13 PM
So if no other publisher wants to buy into the hot mess TTG left then this is where the game quality and content upgrades stop. Gotcha. For us console players anyway

SylenThunder
10-05-2018, 11:43 PM
So if no other publisher wants to buy into the hot mess TTG left then this is where the game quality and content upgrades stop. Gotcha. For us console players anyway
Maybe with Telltale's other titles, but I doubt TFP will let that happen here.

RuttedLightning
10-06-2018, 01:00 AM
All I'm going to say is if 7dtd wasn't ready for console why even put it on there. Second I love playing this game and so do most of my gaming buddy's but I'm tired of hearing that its on the top of the to do list from the modders when it's clear it's not when comes to us console players. With that said it would be nice that when alpha 17 comes out on be PC and all the bugs fixed on it then start on the console version just to show that the modders have just the same amount consideration on console as they do for PC.

Modding on consoles is not the same as on pc, and given how restrictive the hardware is in consoles, that will probably never happen

The Fun Pimp
10-06-2018, 04:58 AM
Folks nobody is abandoning the console development. We are working to either finish it as planned or peacefully bring the rights back home and resume the porting of A16 which significant work has been invested. We want to keep it going A16, A17 and beyond. We are only being cautious about releasing statements until things are 100% settled.

Cheers Richard

Outlaw_187
10-06-2018, 06:41 AM
Folks nobody is abandoning the console development. We are working to either finish it as planned or peacefully bring the rights back home and resume the porting of A16 which significant work has been invested. We want to keep it going A16, A17 and beyond. We are only being cautious about releasing statements until things are 100% settled.

Cheers Richard

Thanks for the update Richard. This will settle some people down hearing from you, one of our 7 Days to Die gods, lol.

We all just love this game and are very passionate about it. Please forgive some of us, just super fans man!!

Long live 7 Days to Die!!! We're with you guys till the end!

Damselx1
10-06-2018, 07:03 AM

Cheers Richard

This is good to know, thank you.

Has to be said, while the focus has been on what's happened to Telltale, I do feel bad for the guys at Iron Galaxy. Must be frustrating to have done all that work on the next update, only to be left in limbo while this is resolved. Glad to know all their hard work hasn't been in vain.

nickt2
10-06-2018, 07:15 AM

Cheers Richard

Cool, thanks for the update Richard , its appreciated . I am patiently awaiting Alpha 17e on PC and further development in the console area for all the fans. I know it will take time for things to progress but I have faith the TFP will prevail. 7DTD is definitely for me the best most versatile game I have played on PC or console, with no equal. It goes from strength to strength. Appreciate all the hard work TFP staff are doing towards to future of 7DTD.

JayD
10-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Great news. Cheers Richard.

skippy0330
10-06-2018, 03:20 PM

Cheers Richard

You guys really need to reach out beyond your forums. This is silly. This could be tweeted, published to steam in seconds. I've posted more on twitter taking a dump then you guys do in 6 months.

sorry to be critical, but expecting your audience to come to forums to get news in threads and threads of information just doesn't do it anymore.

you guys have a game with a cult following, it's your responsibility now.

SylenThunder
10-06-2018, 03:50 PM
You guys really need to reach out beyond your forums. This is silly. This could be tweeted, published to steam in seconds. I've posted more on twitter taking a dump then you guys do in 6 months.

sorry to be critical, but expecting your audience to come to forums to get news in threads and threads of information just doesn't do it anymore.

It was on twitter and Steam before it was here. Where were you?

Darkfoxx117
10-06-2018, 07:50 PM
It was on twitter and Steam before it was here. Where were you?

Taking a dump probably....

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure i made a similar comment to you not so long ago about how you portray yourself in public from time to time.....

GermanPatriot
10-06-2018, 08:16 PM
Yes, I really love to hear that in the name of all survivors from Germany. Be sure that we really appreciate your hard work to keep the game alive.

I said this already multiple times. If you need a donation to speed up the progress, many of us will be ready to support you.

And I have to agree with Skippy. Don't limit the impact of your postings keeping them buried under tons of messages on the forum. Give information out to many people as possible via Twitter 'n' Co.

Damselx1
10-06-2018, 08:23 PM

What's wrong with using the forum? It's what the forum is designed for and its easy enough to use. In any case, not all of us have (or want) twitter or steam accounts so appreciate getting the news here.

linewalker
10-06-2018, 08:32 PM
And I have to agree with Skippy. Don't limit the impact of your postings keeping them buried under tons of messages on the forum. Give information out to many people as possible via Twitter 'n' Co.
Except that Skippy was completely wrong. They had posted the information elsewhere.

Pretty sure i made a similar comment to you not so long ago about how you portray yourself in public from time to time.....
Skippy's recent posts show exactly that he doesn't actually do any research or fact-checking before making a post. He's been proven to be completely incorrect on a few occasions recently.

You would think that someone who would want to uphold a better reputation would actually check that what they are saying is true before blasting complete lies.

As near as I can tell, Skippy is just being a douche for the sake of being a douche.

Space4Ace
10-06-2018, 08:56 PM
Except that Skippy was completely wrong. They had posted the information elsewhere.

Skippy's recent posts show exactly that he doesn't actually do any research or fact-checking before making a post. He's been proven to be completely incorrect on a few occasions recently.

You would think that someone who would want to uphold a better reputation would actually check that what they are saying is true before blasting complete lies.

As near as I can tell, Skippy is just being a douche for the sake of being a douche.

Sadly, Skippy is the person who seems the most upset about the long wait for A17, and the recent Telltale news... As if everything just crumbled in front of him... Dude! There's more to life then just 7 Days to Die... But still, one hell of a game! :)

RuttedLightning
10-06-2018, 09:00 PM
Sadly, Skippy is the person who seems the most upset about the long wait for A17, and the recent Telltale news... As if everything just crumbled in front of him... Dude! There's more to life then just 7 Days to Die... But still, one hell of a game! :)

He needs to be upset. His content is mediocre at best, and needs this kind of attention to attract views

Luckystrike2778
10-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Thank you for the update Richard. Sorry. Patience has been a struggling virtue in me for a bit. Im trying. Glad to see console wont be forgotten and helluva game

MJS101104
10-06-2018, 10:56 PM
What's wrong with using the forum? It's what the forum is designed for and its easy enough to use. In any case, not all of us have (or want) twitter or steam accounts so appreciate getting the news here.

Have to agree with Damselx1 on this one, not everyone uses Twitter or Steam. Something I can attest to myself, since I no longer use either one. I deactivated my Twitter a few months ago, made the mistake of activating it again today, and within 5 minutes deactivated it again. It's a cesspit of morons and emotionally unstable twits, which seems to be the new norm for most social media platforms these days. I don't use Facebook either, for pretty much the same reason, so these forums are the only place I have for getting the information I want about a game I enjoy playing immensely.

It's good to know that the console port isn't being abandoned entirely to obscurity, though I'll wager there are only a couple more years tops before that does eventually happen anyway when the next gen consoles come out. But that's another subject. I just hope the last update we were promised makes it's way to the consoles sometime in the near future. Consoles do have a shelf life compared to the PC games, since we can't count on games being backwards compatible with new console releases. But again, that's another subject all together.

Anyway, thanks for the update. Much appreciated.

EasyPeasyLemonSqueezy
10-07-2018, 12:09 AM
Well, looks like Stranded Deep has been delayed on console's until a new publisher picks it up again. It was to be expected but still... bummer! Ah well, may 7 Days To Die continue to reign being the most BADASS survival game on console's to date. ;)

- Thanks for the reassurance, Rick! You the man.

nickt2
10-07-2018, 08:01 AM
I use Twitter, Steam and Facebook mostly for read only purposes following relevant topics ( :smile-new:7DTD:smile-new:)to keep informed. You don't really need to interact much with these medium as it can be a bit much with the general quality of comments. They all have a place in moderation and I just ignore the haters.

Stranded Deep would be good on console , however I haven't played it for a while on PC. For me it was missing a hostile enemy element and not just survival.

GermanPatriot
10-08-2018, 03:30 AM

There is nothing wrong with it and nobody says not to use it. It is only about to let as much people as possible know that console updates still will be developed to keep up the support by the community. That's the point - economics.

Damselx1
10-08-2018, 06:05 AM
There is nothing wrong with it and nobody says not to use it. It is only about to let as much people as possible know that console updates still will be developed to keep up the support by the community. That's the point - economics.

I think you've misunderstood my meaning. I have no problem with news being posted everywhere; I'm well aware that others use twitter and steam and a host of other social media and I think spreading the news far and wide is a good thing. I just disagreed with what skippy said about "expecting your audience to come to forums to get news in threads and threads of information just doesn't do it anymore" as I feel the forum is serving its purpose and suits those of us who don't have/want a twitter or steam account. That'a all.

Outlaw_187
10-08-2018, 08:54 AM
I'm a fan of skippy, watch his videos all the time. Hell it was him, kage848, & meatwagons videos who taught me the ins & outs of 7 days to die. Watched countless hours of their videos before the console version released.

Skippy just seems aggravated lately. Im sure its due to the A17e delay & whatever else is going on with the guy.

We are all just frustrated. All this unknown & waiting downright sucks!!

SylenThunder
10-08-2018, 10:48 AM
I'm a fan of skippy, watch his videos all the time. Hell it was him, kage848, & meatwagons videos who taught me the ins & outs of 7 days to die. Watched countless hours of their videos before the console version released.

Skippy just seems aggravated lately. Im sure its due to the A17e delay & whatever else is going on with the guy.

We are all just frustrated. All this unknown & waiting downright sucks!!
Yeah, but not fact-checking and posting outright lies as a result is pretty bad form.

GermanPatriot
10-09-2018, 06:48 AM
I think you've misunderstood my meaning. I have no problem with news being posted everywhere; I'm well aware that others use twitter and steam and a host of other social media and I think spreading the news far and wide is a good thing. I just disagreed with what skippy said about "expecting your audience to come to forums to get news in threads and threads of information just doesn't do it anymore" as I feel the forum is serving its purpose and suits those of us who don't have/want a twitter or steam account. That'a all.

I agree with you too but as soon as the TTG-thing must have been expectable for TTG and IG they must have changed their way of spreading information and communicating.
If they tought everyone about the situation earlier it maybe could have been prevented by asking the community for help.
Digging a trench for hiding in it was not the solution I think.

Clare
10-09-2018, 12:34 PM
According to most reports, staff only knew 30 mins before they had to leave the building. While purely speculative in TTGs case, in a lot of other companies is boards that make this kind of decision, not management.

It's highly likely IGS and TFP didn't know until after the staff did with the rest of us.

Also from various articles and reports it is clear that this is not something a community could have saved.

TFP did exactly what anyone in this situation should have done. They made a statement when they had enough facts to do so. I can only imagine they were maybe waiting to see if TTG Publishing was going to be spared or not.

Again, all speculative, we'll likely never know what clauses are in contracts or what legal hoops need to be jumped now.

Damselx1
10-09-2018, 06:25 PM
I agree with you too but as soon as the TTG-thing must have been expectable for TTG and IG they must have changed their way of spreading information and communicating.
If they tought everyone about the situation earlier it maybe could have been prevented by asking the community for help.
Digging a trench for hiding in it was not the solution I think.

Again, my comment was about a specific thing - namely the notification that the console will definitely continue to be supported and Skippy's rather negative (and incorrect) response about where the news was posted. I wasn't commenting on how the news broke about TTG laying off staff and I'm not going to speculate about that situation.

Clare has commented about the communication of the layoffs; I think she gives us a good explanation.

Luckystrike2778
10-10-2018, 01:44 AM
Well at least The Walking Dead final season will be finished. Gimple said he couldnt stand to lose Rick and Clem in the same season. So we will get to see the rest of Clems story after all

jackleroy
10-10-2018, 08:28 AM

Skippy, I love you, man, but please eat a Snickers. I understand that part of your livelihood relies on this game continuing but you're posting conjecture as fact and that's not good. You have a huge following. You taught me how to play the game. The whole community is on edge and you're one of its leaders. It's your responsibity now.

Relentless2323
10-10-2018, 05:28 PM
its nice to know that you and your team haven't forgotten about us console gamer's. we are really looking forward to all the epic update's.

GermanPatriot
10-10-2018, 10:16 PM
Again, my comment was about a specific thing - namely the notification that the console will definitely continue to be supported and Skippy's rather negative (and incorrect) response about where the news was posted. I wasn't commenting on how the news broke about TTG laying off staff and I'm not going to speculate about that situation.

Clare has commented about the communication of the layoffs; I think she gives us a good explanation.

It was not about Skippy or the TTG story. I have criticized the strategy of hesitating so many times in general. Sometimes there might be a point in waiting for facts and safe information but as soon as the whole company gets in financial trouble they have to communicate with their customers - especially when having different games in early access. The customers confidence is the only ship on the stormy sea.

irjvik
10-11-2018, 02:49 AM
...I have criticized the strategy of hesitating so many times in general...

You're 100% right, alas it's a common occurrence among normal persons.
People have a *bad* habit to panic too easily (and early), no matter if on real life or on virtual world.

The "behavioural specialist" exists as a job speciality, it's for a good reason.
Please remember the former "Fear Uncertainty Doubt" 1970s campaign by IBM vs Control Data as a well-known example.

Even game developers have to deal with panicked customers.
As console players/users, the best we can do is to try to calm down panicked players while waiting for evidences.

Damselx1
10-11-2018, 04:59 AM
It was not about Skippy or the TTG story. I have criticized the strategy of hesitating so many times in general. Sometimes there might be a point in waiting for facts and safe information but as soon as the whole company gets in financial trouble they have to communicate with their customers - especially when having different games in early access. The customers confidence is the only ship on the stormy sea.

No - YOUR comment is about criticising the way the developers communicate. As I've already explained, MY comment was specifically about TFP news that console is still being supported and to address Skippy's comment on the use of the forum. I don't understand why you don't get that. I have explained this twice and won't do so again.

Feel free to criticise the devs all you want but please don't use my comments about a different matter to keep furthering your argument; I want no part of that. I don't have a problem with the way they are communicating news; they'll tell us what they can, when they can and I'm fine with that.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for, but our conversation ends here.

GermanPatriot
10-11-2018, 07:23 AM
No - YOUR comment is about criticising the way the developers communicate. As I've already explained, MY comment was specifically about TFP news that console is still being supported and to address Skippy's comment on the use of the forum. I don't understand why you don't get that. I have explained this twice and won't do so again.

Feel free to criticise the devs all you want but please don't use my comments about a different matter to keep furthering your argument; I want no part of that. I don't have a problem with the way they are communicating news; they'll tell us what they can, when they can and I'm fine with that.

I hope you find the answers you are looking for, but our conversation ends here.

Obviously we are talking about completely different things. I could have posted my words on the steam forum or anywhere else and no meaning had ever changed at all. But as you say: This conversation is out of gas.

Regarding the situation I can only hope TFP communicate with the customers if they need more ressources to hire more employees to get this neverending story to an end. Some of the guys here still do not get the point that all this additional content has been given to us freely. Remember that the game was a full release in summer 2016.

Now that we all know that TFP will take care about the rest without knowing to do so one day, we should come together with the idea that they might need some donations to bring back balance into the project now that they have to deal with PS4/XB1 additionally. Many of the devs are not experienced in developing for consoles or porting contents to platforms with tight hardware limits.

Some dudes might not like that idea but many of us got the game for a cheap price far away from the ordinary 60$ and spent more time playing it than with GTA, Battlefield or other games.

Beyond this they have to manage the fact that the pc players don't want to wait any longer than 18 months for Alpha 17 and many among them already got pissed off due to waiting without an end.
Developing for consoles along takes much ressources they don't have for finishing the game on PC and the more pc players decide not to support the leading platform the more instable the whole project becomes.

GermanPatriot
10-11-2018, 08:49 AM
You're 100% right, alas it's a common occurrence among normal persons.
People have a *bad* habit to panic too easily (and early), no matter if on real life or on virtual world.

The "behavioural specialist" exists as a job speciality, it's for a good reason.
Please remember the former "Fear Uncertainty Doubt" 1970s campaign by IBM vs Control Data as a well-known example.

Even game developers have to deal with panicked customers.
As console players/users, the best we can do is to try to calm down panicked players while waiting for evidences.

Yes, I agree with you. Keeping calm and providing support is the only way to keep the engine running. I am pretty sure TFP are not happy to care about three platforms now at the same time. Nevertheless they want to share the pc experience with us.

crazywildfire
10-11-2018, 09:57 AM
$60? When was this game ever $60? I really don't believe this game went above $40. I don't recall it being $40 but someone claimed they spent $40 on it and maybe I guess. I believe I payed $35 within the first few months it came out. Bought a few copies for some friends and myself. But I don't recall it ever once being $60. This is US dollars I'm talking about just incase.

TFP did hire some people and have pushed the game along very well. I guess that isn't good enough and they need to hire more and that will not be good enough and they should hire more. I mean this isn't a big company they can't just hire and hire and hire or they will not make any money. So I think they are fine unless they wanna hire one more and that would be Clare :)

Not sure why people are arguing.... ok maybe not arguing I guess disagreeing about the way they communicate. TFP communicates in multiple places not just one so not sure what the problem is. So they probably spend some extra time in the forums then other places, so what this is their website why wouldn't they be here.

The way I see things is you can't please everyone. Even a very small group of people you not going to please them all. Sure it can be done but still very hard and that depends on what it is. So as the group gets bigger and bigger then it becomes impossible to please everyone without a doubt. Some people don't see that and it is all about "give me, give me, give me". Anyway I guess disagree with that I don't care. As far as I'm concerned when it comes to TFP they have not let me down yet but that is my opinion.

GermanPatriot
10-11-2018, 12:29 PM
$60? When was this game ever $60? I really don't believe this game went above $40. I don't recall it being $40 but someone claimed they spent $40 on it and maybe I guess. I believe I payed $35 within the first few months it came out. Bought a few copies for some friends and myself. But I don't recall it ever once being $60. This is US dollars I'm talking about just incase.

TFP did hire some people and have pushed the game along very well. I guess that isn't good enough and they need to hire more and that will not be good enough and they should hire more. I mean this isn't a big company they can't just hire and hire and hire or they will not make any money. So I think they are fine unless they wanna hire one more and that would be Clare :)

Not sure why people are arguing.... ok maybe not arguing I guess disagreeing about the way they communicate. TFP communicates in multiple places not just one so not sure what the problem is. So they probably spend some extra time in the forums then other places, so what this is their website why wouldn't they be here.

The way I see things is you can't please everyone. Even a very small group of people you not going to please them all. Sure it can be done but still very hard and that depends on what it is. So as the group gets bigger and bigger then it becomes impossible to please everyone without a doubt. Some people don't see that and it is all about "give me, give me, give me". Anyway I guess disagree with that I don't care. As far as I'm concerned when it comes to TFP they have not let me down yet but that is my opinion.

I meant that 7 DTD has never been as expensive as a full price game but many of us have never spent so much time with GTA for example like with 7 DTD. Nevertheless...the lower the price the less money they earn with it.

Either they hire more employees now that they have to deal with all three platforms at once or all the players have to wait longer for updates in their platforms. Split ressources, thats all.

D1986
10-11-2018, 03:33 PM
I don't see the panick now but I did a few weeks ago! End of the day the pimps own the game... TTG were just simply publishing it and doing a terrible job at that lol but it's sad they lost there job. But at least now this works out better for us gamers if The fun pimps employ a good and not slack publisher then this could be a triumph for future support/updates it can only be a good thing and also legally all the time there games are appearing on ps4/xbox and in circulation they have to support this game until this cycle of gen consoles are completely done it's legally there duty

MJS101104
10-11-2018, 10:42 PM
I don't see the panick now but I did a few weeks ago! End of the day the pimps own the game... TTG were just simply publishing it and doing a terrible job at that lol but it's sad they lost there job. But at least now this works out better for us gamers if The fun pimps employ a good and not slack publisher then this could be a triumph for future support/updates it can only be a good thing and also legally all the time there games are appearing on ps4/xbox and in circulation they have to support this game until this cycle of gen consoles are completely done it's legally there duty

I'm not sure what you mean by "they have to support this game until this cycle of gen consoles are completely done it's legally there duty" since most Triple A titles don't have that sort of "legal" obligation. Or at least don't appear to. There are plenty of games that no longer receive updates for the games on console platforms. Unless they are releasing new content(GTA V), or actively supporting the game currently(Fortnite) they do not have to do so for the entirety of a game's life on consoles.

So, like I said, I'm not sure what you mean by that, because no game company seems obligated to support or provide new content for a game for the duration of a platform's duration, especially games considered full releases. Games like Dragon Quest: Builders don't release updates anymore or content, and haven't since I bought it about a year ago.

Nine
10-12-2018, 02:02 AM
Well at least we are sure that there is still anticipation ahead, no matter what the next "info" released may be. We also know that some people can name games no longer receiving updates/new content. Some can name games that are still supporting new content. We can also rest assured that everyone is going to argue with anyone about the legality of things regarding the next possible update for 7 Days.

I will be waiting to give you guys the next AllOurDestiny seed (your welcome for that map) after, and if, the next update comes.

Keep looking for great seeds. Good luck everyone.

irjvik
10-12-2018, 04:27 AM
...they have to support this game until this cycle of gen consoles are completely done it's legally there duty
Hello.
Please take a deep breath and relax ...

Never read EULAs ??? The software is provided AS IS. Period.

Some examples of non-supported games on consoles :
- ALL Warhammer 40.000 games, They ALL have some trophies broken, and aren't patched anymore.
- Dragon Fin Soup, devs ran in a mess like TellTales and it went awry, devs lost IP to console rights, and publisher stated it won't do anything.
- There are plenty other ones, I will not list them all.

D1986
10-12-2018, 04:40 AM
I agree with you totally not all games come under them pacific requirements I Should of stated that previously apologise. Games like god of war 3 will very very rarely need too many updates but Open world games mainly destroy/Re-build games like 7DTD ARK are on a whole different level and are very complex and need more support miles more that any other genre! there is no way sony/Microsoft will be that naive too not have some legal wrangle about updates and future support as of when when its needed. hopefully soon all 7DTD fans we will soon gasp a sigh of relief when we hopefully get our long awaited update fingers crossed

crazywildfire
10-12-2018, 06:54 AM
Just because it is a different type of game doesn't change anything. If they decide not to update anymore that is up to them. If it isn't made by Sony or Microsoft I highly doubt they care less. I'm sure they hope that everyone succeeds but if they don't they move right along it isn't costing them anything. The fact is that it isn't Sony or Microsoft game so they have no say so on what the company does with it. They only have say so on if the update passes through the console or not. Basically what Sony and Microsoft looking for with patches/updates are things that could possibly harm the console. Maybe a code that wasn't found that could crash the system or something. Things like that is what they are looking for so if something happens to the system and you have that warranty on it then they replace or do what they do. The game developers don't do all that. So besides that Sony and Microsoft don't care if it is a open world game or not. They are not legally liable to keep updating the game. Ark could stop updating anytime they wish. Will they? Most likely not the game is still making them money. I can bet that if the game didn't make money or made a little and stopped it wouldn't be where it is at now. Has nothing to do with they have to keep updating until the console is finished or whatever.

Nootcaase
10-13-2018, 04:33 AM

Cheers Richard

I'm having a hard time with this statement. Are you working directly with Iron Galaxy? Because I can't see the Fun Pimps pausing the PC build too catch console up. That's going to put console on hold until PC is done, but then how many amps will the be? Will it go to beta first to? Are you going to start looking for a new publisher thst is willing to work with this project? Still TT be willing to part with the console rights without asking for a cut that's too big to consider?

How can we trust the fun Pimps with a member of the dev team constantly tweeting their disgust with the console version only to delete the tweet after? I am sorry, but telling us you'll support the platforms you can, does not mean the console versions are 100% safe.

irjvik
10-13-2018, 05:14 AM
I'm having a hard time with this statement.

Hello.

Please don't start the headache mode !

TFP will continue console version, that's now settled.
As console players/users, how they will do this is none of our business.
Let TFP managers bonk their heads into walls while trying to figure how.
Just wait for new updates and expansions to come, as they will come.

As a purely cynical point of view, I would add there will be the long-awaited for 100% sure.
Why ? Because it was to be a paid expansion, not a free update.
Most of the works is now finished, it would be stupid not to finish it and loose a money income.
Console lovers or haters, nobody would spit on fresh money.

The best we can as players is to support TFP with our words in the meantime, and buy the expansion in order to support them with our money.
So we will prove TFP we console users are reliable and they can count/rely on us.

We have a word in French for that :
someone who helps you when you are in need is a true friend
(sorry, I don't know the exact translation in English, so I put an approximate one).

Nootcaase
10-13-2018, 11:22 AM
Hello.

Please don't start the headache mode !

As a purely cynical point of view, I would add there will be the long-awaited for 100% sure.
Most of the works is now finished, it would be stupid not to finish it and loose a money income.
Console lovers or haters, nobody would spit on fresh money.

The best we can as players is to support TFP with our words in the meantime, and buy the expansion in order to support them with our money.
So we will prove TFP we console users are reliable and they can count/rely on us.

We have a word in French for that :
(sorry, I don't know the exact translation in English, so I put an approximate one).

They have already lost a lot of money on this, and making a paid update to fix this mess will end the game fully. I am not the only one that is unwilling to pay for this game to be fixed. That is a ludicrous idea and one that will be the nail in this game's coffin on console should it.come to pass.

Whether or not most of the work is finished is irrelevant. If the work has not been paid for, then it's not going to be finished by the current developer, Iron Galaxy. Even then, Richard's last post suggests the console rights for 7Days is held by TT, which means they would need permission from TT before they can do ANY work on the console version.

Saying the console version will continue without those rights in hand means absolutely nothing. The old phrase that best fits the situation is "counting your chickens before their hatched."

Can it happen, oh sure. Maybe the remnants of Telltale will graciously return the rights no questions asked. That is possible. It's unlikely, but possible.

The reality is that Telltale is in a position where they need as much money as possible to pay their remaining staff. On top of that, the Fun Pimps had NO plans for a console version until Telltale came to them with the idea. And, the Fun Pimps have shown their dislike for the console version time and again.

Further more, we have no clue how far along the swap to the new engine actually was. The last thing we heard was that the UI was in place and that's it. We have had no clear update on the status of this update since that. To say, so much work had been done is reaching with how little we actually know about the update.

My frustration is not with the state of the game or the prospect of the next update not being completed. As I said in previous posts, I did get my money's worth. My frustration is that instead of being up front about this situation and saying this is what must be done before work can continue on the console version. Instead, they first gave an extremely vague statement that initially promoting the PC version which has now been edited out of the post. And then, they provided an equally vague second post. Before you jump on this part, its vague because they say they are not abandoning it, but then say they have to be cautious in their statements while things settle. That is not clear in my book.

K-MauMau
10-13-2018, 12:35 PM
Seems pretty clear to me. Sounds to me, like they wish to continue to support the console version, but have a few legal issues to resolve with TTG before that can happen. Sounds to me like they are saying "Hey guys, we know this sucks for you. Well, it sucks for us too. But try to have a little patience please. Legal crap takes a little time to handle." There, that's my personal read into their 'vague' posts. While it seems pretty vague to some, I didn't have a problem reading into it, nor have I had any problems doing so since this thread started. We've all dealt with long waits and vague statements from TTG for a long time now. What's one more wait for TFP? So please, cool your jets. Go start a new random gen map, and relax. When they have some concrete information to give us, they will. Simple as that.

Damselx1
10-13-2018, 02:46 PM

All updates and patches so far have been free and I've seen nothing from the devs to say that any future update(s) will be paid for. I'd like to see the source of this bit of information - do you have the link?

Clare
10-17-2018, 03:15 PM
It was going to be a reg update with an engine upgrade. Not paid for DLC. Only paid for DLC for 7DTD has been cosmetic skins. It wouldn't have made sense to change that.

Jax777
10-17-2018, 03:57 PM
Hello.

Link with the TFP quote, please. The last I read, TFP empathized with us how much this sucks for console players of 7DtD, and how their hands are legally tied because TT Games still owns the rights, but that is all. Many things are clear. 1) TT Games have already laid off more developers from the initial 25 person skeleton crew and so it looks highly unlikely that even The Walking Dead series will be finished. 2) A new publisher will not touch the console version of 7DtD this late in the game. 3) TFP are spread thin, and cannot continue progress with the PC version of 7DtD if they have to work on the console versions as well, nor would it financially make sense because the PS5 is on the horizon.

As a parting gift, I would like to see TFP somehow finish the last update TT Games was working on, as well as eliminating the game-breaking stability issues, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

If any of you want updates on the state of Telltale Games, subscribe to Yong Yea on Youtube.

Telltale's Collapse Continues as Members of Skeleton Crew Are Also Laid Off (10/6/2018)
https://youtu.be/5juUnjK1ahQ

Sony CEO Kenichiro Yoshida Says PS5 is ďNecessaryĒ
https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/441795-sony-ceo-kenichiro-yoshida-says-ps5-is-necessary

P.S. Welcome back, Clare! "May your troubles be less And your blessings be more. And nothing but happiness Come through your door." :smile-new:

irjvik
10-17-2018, 04:13 PM
My apologies them. (and my bad too !)
During all those months I was 100% sure it was a paid DLC.
Thank you Clare for the info.

minisith
10-17-2018, 07:08 PM
It was going to be a reg update with an engine upgrade. Not paid for DLC. Only paid for DLC for 7DTD has been cosmetic skins. It wouldn't have made sense to change that.

You posts are still being tracked by http://7d2d.rocks/ Dev Tracker, so you are still important!

GermanPatriot
10-17-2018, 07:56 PM

In case it becomes necessary many of us will give donations. Better having it this way than never having an update if TFP don't have enough budget to finish it.

RuttedLightning
10-17-2018, 09:48 PM
You posts are still being tracked by http://7d2d.rocks/ Dev Tracker, so you are still important!

She will always be important to us. :)

irjvik
10-17-2018, 10:24 PM
Link with the TFP quote, please.

Post #1 on this thread :

... Rest assured The Fun Pimps are committed to the future of the 7 Days to Die Franchise and will continue to update and support 7 Days on every platform we can ...

Jax777
10-18-2018, 12:54 AM
Post #1 on this thread :

That's a far cry from your "it's settled" statement. The "we can" means The Fun Pimps will continue to support consoles IF they can. By no means is "7 Days to Die" dead; it most certainly will go Gold status on Steam for the PC. Just don't expect TFP to put a halt to their PC development to focus solely on the console ports. As I stated earlier, to do so would be unwise financially and for their timetable goals.

Luckystrike2778
10-18-2018, 01:30 AM
TWD series will b finished. If you follow the show at all on AMC, Kirkmans studio is picking it up from TTG. He already saidit because he couldnt stand losing Clems journey and Rick Grimes in the same year. It was posted either FBor Twit or maybe both but i cant find the link sorry. Cant even remember his studios name atm. Sky-something

Nootcaase
10-18-2018, 02:46 AM
TWD series will b finished. If you follow the show at all on AMC, Kirkmans studio is picking it up from TTG. He already saidit because he couldnt stand losing Clems journey and Rick Grimes in the same year. It was posted either FBor Twit or maybe both but i cant find the link sorry. Cant even remember his studios name atm. Sky-something

The Walking Dead was Telltales development project. They were able to get another studio to finish it. 7 Days on console is not the same. The best outcome.that we can hope for is that TTG finds another publisher. That is the sunshine and rainbow result.

What is more likely, is that they will try to sell the console rights back to the Fun Pimps. If a price.can be agreed upon, then it will be on the Fun Pimps to find a new publisher. I cannot see TFP attempting to publish it themselves at this point. They don't have the funds to back the project. They may try and finish it themselves, but that won't happen until they consider the PC version as done.

Outlaw_187
10-18-2018, 04:53 AM

Cheers Richard

Just wanna keep this reply going so it's not lost in this thread.....

Clare
10-18-2018, 12:43 PM

Ha, I forgot that existed, thanks for reminding me lol

Gazz
10-18-2018, 12:59 PM
Secret... aaaaagent Clare!

Pvt Partts227
10-18-2018, 01:43 PM
Clare is amazing. I've been playing for about a year and a half. A while back I had issues where Clare have gave me good insight on the game and things I could try to work around certain issues with md5 when that was happening on Xbox. I hope she has the best of luck and any company would be happy to have her.

Clare
10-18-2018, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the continuing kind messages everyone :)

huds4155
10-18-2018, 03:39 PM

Cheers Richard

I understand that things take time but is Xbox getting an update if so is there a rough time frame as people who bought it for console believed they were getting the same game as the PC instead got a game with one fourth of the content, And game bugs that wipe hours worth of game play making it pointless. Previous comments calm the nerves but their seems to be a lacking in communication when it comes to details.

Damselx1
10-18-2018, 05:14 PM
I understand that things take time but is Xbox getting an update if so is there a rough time frame as people who bought it for console believed they were getting the same game as the PC instead got a game with one fourth of the content, And game bugs that wipe hours worth of game play making it pointless. Previous comments calm the nerves but their seems to be a lacking in communication when it comes to details.

The console version will always be behind the PC version; that's always been the case and is only to be expected since they develop it over there and port to console once they are happy with it (and if the console can handle it). As for the update, that depends on how long it takes to sort out the rights following Telltale' closure - there has been no time scale offered as yet, but one week ago, the following was posted by The Fun Pimps - you can see the post here: (it's about half way down the page) https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87502-Telltale-Layoffs/page10

Cheers Richard

I'm sure they'll tell us what's happening once there is news.

SPRADLIN007
10-19-2018, 09:32 AM
Secret... aaaaagent Clare!

While the p.c community over here to give us information as if they were devs workin for the fun pimps. They stat all this b.s about publishing rights , that we got a complete game that we are lucky to get anything extra (which btw is incorrect), who works on the porting the game to console, ect. ect. and they state it as if it were fact. Meanwhile the real devs set back and make jokes, i never seen a company that divides there player base like the fun pimps. The P.C community is constantly given information on whats goin on , i see them on the forums daily communicating with its player base. Meanwhile the console players are left in the dark, hell clare gave us 2 meaningful statements all year ! Wow , they could tell us something i think thats pretty obvious, but something that is Blantyre obvious. They dont give a damn about the console community , we paid for the game same as p.c , so you guys should treat your customers/fanbase of all platforms equally!

SPRADLIN007
10-19-2018, 09:54 AM

Perfect example , most everyone see's this as an issue and have for a very long time. Joel could get twice the viewers on his new ''youtube career'' , just by given us alittle info when he makes his video's. Instead he chooses to act like we dont exist and has no appreciation for what we contributed in sales ! Yet were supposed to be happy when get information of any kind around twice a year.

7days2
10-19-2018, 10:08 AM
While the p.c community over here to give us information as if they were devs workin for the fun pimps. They stat all this b.s about publishing rights , that we got a complete game that we are lucky to get anything extra (which btw is incorrect), who works on the porting the game to console, ect. ect. and they state it as if it were fact. Meanwhile the real devs set back and make jokes, i never seen a company that divides there player base like the fun pimps. The P.C community is constantly given information on whats goin on , i see them on the forums daily communicating with its player base. Meanwhile the console players are left in the dark, hell clare gave us 2 meaningful statements all year ! Wow , they could tell us something i think thats pretty obvious, but something that is Blantyre obvious. They dont give a damn about the console community , we paid for the game same as p.c , so you guys should treat your customers/fanbase of all platforms equally!

You know I'm glad someone finally had the b*lls to say it. You're right, regardless of how they're gonna attack us and put us down for saying it we still are entitled to our opinions and have good reasons for it. 😏 Whether they want to admit it or not we have been unfairly left in the dark about updates, progress, news, etc. I honestly lost hope for this game a year ago after I bought it and noticed how little attention we got. 😞

When I first tried to complain their excuse for the lack of content and development was because "they only added things that were finished to the port." At that same moment when I read that reply on my phone, I looked up to a glitched zombie dog on my screen just spinning in circles like if it was chasing its own tail or something.

In my opinion with such little things added on every update I feel like they had one, maybe two devs working on the port. Now keep in mind they're PORTING content over, not developing it from scratch. Those of you who have knowledge on game development understand the difference. 🙃

I don't like sounding like a total a** and I know people here will hate me for it but I truly believe that the way things are going right now, TFP will want to finish developement on PC. MAYBE decently finishing the ports then move on to another project while distancing from what happened with TT. If we still get the ports updated then we're still looking at years in the future, not anytime soon. Of course this will depend on how hard this hits when the rights get sorted out. For those who will come to attack me on this I'll simply point out that the last time I truly sat down to read what had been happening was back in June of 2017. The last time anything new was added into the game. We're in October of 2018. 😟

SylenThunder
10-19-2018, 11:05 AM

1. I play on the PS4 also. I do not have an xbox. Never will. This is primarily due to Microsoft's lackluster quality control, and secondarily due the fact that more/better games release on PlayStation than on Xbox.

2. You are lucky to get any extras added on after the initial Console release. It was sold as a finished product. Finished means complete. Anything added after is a bonus or DLC. This is a simple fact.

3. Divided how? You're right here on the exact same forum as the PC game with the PC Developers. Do you know why this is? Because Telltale didn't want to support it on their site. (And if they had, then you would have a point for the keeping the console crowd separated from the PC peeps.)

4. The information given to the PC user base by the developer is the choice of the developer. In this case it is the Fun Pimps.
The information given to the Console player is the same way. In this case it is Iron Galaxy, and not TFP.
So really, you can only blame Telltale and Iron Galaxy in this regard. (Hell, you could even argue that if the console forum was separated to their hosting, that maybe you guys would have more information.)

5. I agree with you completely on the console players being left in the dark. I have tried several mediums and begged to get more information for you guys. I've even attempted to get some of the source so I can do internal testing and even work towards increasing the multiplayer capabilities of the systems. I was denied.

6. You didn't pay for the same game. You paid for a console port of a stable Alpha release. The console hardware cannot even handle the current state of the PC game due to it's hardware limitations. I was very hopeful that the upgrade to Unity 2017 on the console port would allow you guys to catch up to the PC a hell of a lot more thanks to much better optimization. My thoughts on this were recently confirmed by one of the TFP developers.
So assuming they are able to sort out the licensing on the console ports, you guys should be seeing a large amount of a16 content in the next update.

7. The Fun Pimps have clearly stated that they have a vested interest in continuing to support all of the platforms. That means the console versions as well. As soon as they have information to give in this regard, I am certain they will tell you. They have been pretty open with information when it is available. We just need to be patient while the lawyers duke it out.

SilentDeathForU
10-19-2018, 01:55 PM
Gee, itís almost like they donít expand their statements because people run with it as 100% set in stone.... 🤔

crazywildfire
10-19-2018, 04:31 PM
1. I play on the PS4 also. I do not have an xbox. Never will. This is primarily due to Microsoft's lackluster quality control, and secondarily due the fact that more/better games release on PlayStation than on Xbox.

2. You are lucky to get any extras added on after the initial Console release. It was sold as a finished product. Finished means complete. Anything added after is a bonus or DLC. This is a simple fact.

3. Divided how? You're right here on the exact same forum as the PC game with the PC Developers. Do you know why this is? Because Telltale didn't want to support it on their site. (And if they had, then you would have a point for the keeping the console crowd separated from the PC peeps.)

4. The information given to the PC user base by the developer is the choice of the developer. In this case it is the Fun Pimps.
The information given to the Console player is the same way. In this case it is Iron Galaxy, and not TFP.
So really, you can only blame Telltale and Iron Galaxy in this regard. (Hell, you could even argue that if the console forum was separated to their hosting, that maybe you guys would have more information.)

5. I agree with you completely on the console players being left in the dark. I have tried several mediums and begged to get more information for you guys. I've even attempted to get some of the source so I can do internal testing and even work towards increasing the multiplayer capabilities of the systems. I was denied.

6. You didn't pay for the same game. You paid for a console port of a stable Alpha release. The console hardware cannot even handle the current state of the PC game due to it's hardware limitations. I was very hopeful that the upgrade to Unity 2017 on the console port would allow you guys to catch up to the PC a hell of a lot more thanks to much better optimization. My thoughts on this were recently confirmed by one of the TFP developers.
So assuming they are able to sort out the licensing on the console ports, you guys should be seeing a large amount of a16 content in the next update.

7. The Fun Pimps have clearly stated that they have a vested interest in continuing to support all of the platforms. That means the console versions as well. As soon as they have information to give in this regard, I am certain they will tell you. They have been pretty open with information when it is available. We just need to be patient while the lawyers duke it out.

Honestly couldn't of said it better. Some of us have this game on console and PC so yes some of us are jumping in both sections of the same forums. I speak my thoughts and my opinions based from a player on both sides. SylenThunder does the same but also as a mod of the forums that has more insight on things then most.

Not sure how one agrees that they should reach out past the forums when they do and did reach out past the forums. Before all this went down with TT it wasn't TFP place to reach out for console it was TT. So before all this stuff happened I would agree that better communication would of been nice. After all this stuff gets sorted out I hope some better communication comes out of it but as of right now as we stand I doubt we will based on they have to be extremely careful with what they say. So give it some time.

Like SylenThunder said the console version was sold as a finished game. That information is in a sticky topic somewhere sorry I forget what one. So it isn't people just talking BS it is a fact. Find it go and read about it, it is a good paragraph or so long explaining it.

But anyway some of us have just as much say so to talk within the community as anyone else we bought the game just like others did. I can say I enjoy the game just as much on one as I do the other. I don't recall ever having less fun playing one over the other. I can say I have it on ps4 and not Xbox like SylenThunder but I can't say I would never own a Xbox because I do granted I haven't turned it on in forever but that is besides the point. I do like playing some games on it that not on ps4 but anyway again besides the point. Just sayin just because we have a PC and all don't mean we don't have consoles as well. I personally enjoy playing games in general I don't care what they play on. Hardly any gaming system I don't own. So feel some of us have just as much say so as the other.

Sfoss0614
10-19-2018, 06:19 PM
Will Clare still be around or is she part of the group of ppl who got laid off?

I read in a different thread Claire said she is staying with us. Idk if that's changed though.

SylenThunder
10-19-2018, 06:42 PM
I read in a different thread Claire said she is staying with us. Idk if that's changed though.
Just as a player though.

Space4Ace
10-19-2018, 08:20 PM
Hard to believe that people still mess-up her name... It's Clare!!!

Hi Clare! :)

Clare
10-20-2018, 11:24 AM
Lol thanks Space4ace :)

And yeah, player only, not community manager anymore.

Unequaled
10-21-2018, 05:52 AM
Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm back as a regular player, hoping with the rest of you that this bump in the road for 7DTD is a small one and that we hear something about progress soon.

I won't comment on everything I've missed - I can't in a lot of cases anywho, I'm as out of the loop as everyone else. But this...

...is extremely untrue. I care, yes, but so did everyone else who worked on this project. I'm not trying to single you out Unequaled, I know this is a sentiment a lot may feel, and I want to make a point that EVERYONE who worked on this game worked hard and cared about the work they did.

I'd also like to point out that I have an indifference to regular giraffes, but abhor the idea of Zombie giraffes... there's a doodle of it somewhere on the forums. Just want to set the record straight on that ;)
Never said it was True Clare,learn the different between a RANT and FACT. Hard work may have taken place,but the end result doesn't show on my end (Xbox Version). With that said everyone should know what I'm speaking of,yeah I know about the work around believe it are not I have 2000hrs put in.Anyway when I show genuine concern it gets thrown back into my face, rather than been given a chance to make a correction are recant a statement they've made, they are single out even if it's not intended. Me Volunteering MY Concern for an Individual I'm done with I could careless about you are any of you. Edited Version.Main Statement Page 8.

This is my Response to the PC Crowd both Claire and Clare is pronounced the same.Everyone trying one up someone yes even me,the Thread is Dead it's extremely off topic.

AG1010
10-21-2018, 10:08 AM
It just does not make sense to write anything here. Everything was said. Just wait and see. Close

huds4155
10-21-2018, 03:00 PM
it is looking that way gazza not much news from the devs

Luckystrike2778
10-21-2018, 09:49 PM
Can we close this thread? Its just getting worse as time goes by. Then we all can go back to playing and other things and wait for that new topic in the sky with the F U or here we come info.

davethebakerx2
10-22-2018, 03:04 AM
Just do what state of decay did and shut down the website or sell to microsoft and wait for them to ruin the game.

crazywildfire
10-22-2018, 07:40 AM
Just do what state of decay did and shut down the website or sell to microsoft and wait for them to ruin the game.

1: why would they do that? They got the PC version that is still very active. Smh

2: again why would they do that when they are still making the game? (Of course on pc) but the ports come from that for console so all they need is wait and get things straightened out legally and do it themselves or get another publisher. So not sure why they get Microsoft??? Smh

GermanPatriot
10-23-2018, 12:41 AM
First a publisher must be convinced by the potential the game has. But along with the popularity of it and the big progress that has been already made with the update I am pretty sure that this is not the end yet.
But we probably will have to wait till the snow is molten again.

davethebakerx2
10-23-2018, 05:52 AM
Maby deep silver will buy them

GermanPatriot
10-23-2018, 02:07 PM
Maby deep silver will buy them

A German-Austrian company. Have you heard any rumors?

davethebakerx2
10-23-2018, 09:15 PM
A German-Austrian company. Have you heard any rumors?

My neighbors cat told me

Luckystrike2778
10-23-2018, 10:53 PM
Im leaving the forums. Not worth checking once a day for no new news. GL everyone

Roland
10-23-2018, 11:08 PM
I know Law and Order has messed with all of our time sense in regards to legal matters but this issue is not going to get resolved within the space of a single television episode. It will take months to sort out and we will not be given a daily update on the status. Best to not check daily for news. Maybe try monthly.

GermanPatriot
10-23-2018, 11:56 PM
My neighbors cat told me

Sorry for asking.

SylenThunder
10-24-2018, 10:36 AM
I know Law and Order has messed with all of our time sense in regards to legal matters but this issue is not going to get resolved within the space of a single television episode. It will take months to sort out and we will not be given a daily update on the status. Best to not check daily for news. Maybe try monthly.
Maybe just go watch all the episodes of Matlock and then come back?

Outlaw_187
10-24-2018, 10:12 PM
Maybe just go watch all the episodes of Matlock and then come back?

Ugh....id almost rather grind my sack on a cheese grater, lol. 😰

Boidster
10-24-2018, 10:17 PM
And lo, many jimmies were rustled, and zombie ideas continued to infest the forum.

Sorry to hear about the TT layoffs. Clare I hope you've landed on your feet; it's great that you're hanging around with us console heathens.

I choose to have faith that TFP will work it out and that console development will, eventually, continue. That said, nothing is owed to me and this game already has given me an order of magnitude more hours of play than some others. The ledger is decidedly in my favor, IMO.

Totally down for some crowdfunding if that becomes a thing.

s7vÄn
10-25-2018, 07:14 PM

message to all moderators:
is it possible to have a thread closed to the discussion just to have the "official" info coming from tfp (or others) ?. like for the alpha 17 for the pc side, so we could quickly see if there is real news for us.
if someone can do it I would be very grateful to him, as well as many survivors I think.
I always cross my fingers for any advance for the console side.:smile-new:
sorry if it burns your eyes

Roland
10-25-2018, 10:02 PM
Thread locked. Next time it updates you'll know it is official news.