PDA

View Full Version : Telltale Update

Pages : [1] 2

The Fun Pimp
11-03-2018, 05:55 PM
Many are speculating as to the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles and The Fun Pimps wanted to give the community an update. The news of Telltaleís demise and insolvency was both a saddening and shocking event. With no warning, we learned the news the same day as the gaming public.

Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltaleís rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise.

In the weeks following, we've been working in good faith with the remaining management at Telltale to regain control over the console versions and allow us to provide support and updates on those platforms. So far, these efforts have failed.

Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltaleís actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future.

The Fun Pimps will keep you updated as more information becomes available.

SylenThunder
11-03-2018, 06:00 PM
Thank you for this information. It sounds pretty much how I was thinking things would be going.

Rdrake420
11-03-2018, 07:09 PM
So who technically owns the publishing rights to console? I thought TTG was a middle man of sorts.. This is sad news for sure but heres hoping for a positive outcome

hugojheredia
11-03-2018, 09:00 PM
"these efforts have failed"? ♥♥♥♥. :(

Damselx1
11-03-2018, 09:54 PM
Thank you for the update.

jbomia2
11-03-2018, 10:41 PM
RIP console players. Although I own copies on both PC and PS4 I played PS4 way more than PC cause of my friends. Looks like I won't be talking to them anymore, lol.

Outlaw_187
11-04-2018, 01:56 AM
Thanks for the update Richard. We'll continue to hang in there and hope for the best. Really all we can do....

davethebakerx2
11-04-2018, 05:16 AM
I hope you can get your rights restored. Get a decent publisher. God bless and good luck.

Nootcaase
11-04-2018, 04:44 PM
Thank you for the update. Good luck.

StickiestEnd
11-05-2018, 05:38 PM
Such a shame to learn that telltale are ♥♥♥♥ing TFP around! I think us console players have almost certainly seen the end to any possibility of an update any time soon, perhaps indefinitely? Having said that I'm not hating on anyone as ♥♥♥♥ happens and there are more important things to worry about than wether we get updates or not! 7dtd is and will always be my go to game whatever happens in the future, so thanks to all the guys and gals who toiled to create this wonderfully crazy game 😊

Diamond Dave
11-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Thank you for the update. It sucks that TTG are being jerks about the rights. Probably doesn't help that the Playstation Store still has the game for sale for $30. Hope things get resolved at some point so we can at least get one last update.

smeddan
11-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Thx for the update!

An Idea: If TFP Makes a new game of the almost updated patch and puts some new things in there? and call it for example 7 Days to die Console Edition 2 and finds a new publisher and sells the game as a new game ? or do Telltale own the trademark and the patch on Console? i know that you have like ass to mouth agreements in the States but no agreement is rock solid. some Loopholes must exist :)

Cheers!

irjvik
11-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Thank you for the update, we are heading to the same problem Dragon Fin Soup on PS3/PS4 experienced a few years ago.

Please tell me if I'm wrong on reading here :
(I may be wrong, and honestly I hope to).

...The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltaleís rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise.
What I read here : TFP regain control of IP rights, that's a good news.

...to regain control over the console versions and allow us to provide support and updates on those platforms. So far, these efforts have failed.
What I read : Telltale is the one currently owning the actual console source code port (as TellTale seems to be the one who paid Iron Galaxy), and recovering this source code will not be easy.

In short if I read correctly : the IP rights poses no problem, the source code IS the problem.
So in the worst case (TellTales refuses to hand over the source code), the console version would need to be ported again from zero.

Nootcaase
11-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Thank you for the update, we are heading to the same problem Dragon Fin Soup on PS3/PS4 experienced a few years ago.

Please tell me if I'm wrong on reading here :
(I may be wrong, and honestly I hope to).

What I read here : TFP regain control of IP rights, that's a good news.

What I read : Telltale is the one currently owning the actual console source code port (as TellTale seems to be the one who paid Iron Galaxy), and recovering this source code will not be easy.

In short if I read correctly : the IP rights poses no problem, the source code IS the problem.
So in the worst case (TellTales refuses to hand over the source code), the console version would need to be ported again from zero.

Everything but the last part. The source code likely has a copyright. They cannot simply start the port over it as it would copy the protected works.

Likely, the issue 8s that as Telltale would be willing to provide the rights for the source code, for the right price. Seeing as Telltale is likely trying to avoid bankruptcy, I'd be willing to bet that their requested price is more than the Fun Pimps are willing/able to pay at this time.

You can quote me if you want but I'm speculating on the payment part.

Gatekeeper495
11-08-2018, 12:04 AM
Thanks for the update hope you'll can get this all sorted out I just bought the game and love it

Sammo
11-08-2018, 08:23 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed, Iím checking back every few weeks for any new news, so frustrating knowing that the update was so near to being finished, still love the game! Thanks fun pimps!

Elixz89
11-08-2018, 09:28 AM
Is it possible to update the first post when more news comes?

Gutterputty
11-08-2018, 05:56 PM
Looks like the news is pretty grim for the console edition. I play the PC version but also own it on PS4. My 10 year old son and i play it on console together all the time. I have been following this since the news was released and waiting for the new update.

I just do not see this ending well for the console edition. My son keeps asking when the new update is coming. I broke the news to him after i read TFP update on it. After reading this update, in my gut i really think the consloe version is pretty much done. I hope i am wrong, but the news is not good.

Diamond Dave
11-08-2018, 06:41 PM
Looks like the news is pretty grim for the console edition. I play the PC version but also own it on PS4. My 10 year old son and i play it on console together all the time. I have been following this since the news was released and waiting for the new update.

I just do not see this ending well for the console edition. My son keeps asking when the new update is coming. I broke the news to him after i read TFP update on it. After reading this update, in my gut i really think the consloe version is pretty much done. I hope i am wrong, but the news is not good.

It's iffy at best but it's not TFP's fault and it looks like they are trying everything they can to remedy it. Just going to have to be patient and wait and see.

sandman2838
11-08-2018, 10:21 PM
I keep reading how "The Console Version is done" because Telltale went under but still control the rights to the game. As far as I can tell, my current version of the game seems to be pretty good. So, I have to deal with the crashes and the potential terrain rewrites, but from what I have seen over the past two years, Tell Tale's updates wouldn't have fixed them anyway. Those problems seem ingrained into the core of the game, and unless there's a major rewrite (hint hint) I believe those problem will remain. Any update Tell Tale had in the works was little more than window dressing. Neat window dressing at times, but just that.

If TFP is serious about the console version then find a real publisher interested in releasing a part two, where you add things like a story line, NPC's, real online multi-player capabilities, etc. And don't try and tell me the current consoles can't handle it because that's just plain rubbish. There are way to many games out there with more capabilities, better graphics and better optimization. The console may not be able to handle it as written, but then who says it can't be rewritten? The real question is, will there be a payoff in sales, and unless you really do something different, the history of this game on console makes that unlikely.

For now I'll just continue as is and not worry about those dang crows and feral hogs.

SylenThunder
11-09-2018, 12:08 AM
... And don't try and tell me the current consoles can't handle it because that's just plain rubbish. There are way to many games out there with more capabilities, better graphics and better optimization.
Name one other console game that has a fully destructible 3D world with SI calculation and a randomly generated map.

Just one.

GermanPatriot
11-09-2018, 01:28 AM
I already suggested this a few times: Ask on PSN and XB Marketplace for donations to rebuy the rights as soon as TTG lets you know what they want to hand them over.

After this you guys can continue updating what makes it way easier to regain financial support covered by rising popularity.

Tkzershia
11-09-2018, 03:23 AM
Is there anything we can do as players or do we just have to sit and wait?

Infamy1
11-09-2018, 05:25 AM
to me its just sad that a game like this, which is unlike any other game most of us have played, with what seems to be a rather strong fanbase, is now going to be lost because a drowning TT ceo wants to drink as much blood as he can on his way out the door because of his own companies failings, and his empty pockets. ultimately this is hurting the titles they supported (i have a feeling its not just 7d2d). but it seems the timing is right. its time you guys listened to some of these comments for once (lol)^ and rebrand this game or something. id honestly buy it all over again (and it seems alot of fans would-so milk this cow) for twice as much and deal with constant glitches and a melting xbox simply to enjoy some of the new content that is now exclusive to op pcs. really-we dont mind. we understand the limitations. pushing the envelope and such and ya. sylen has been constantly keeping us aware :) i see weekly posts on him reminding the community of the insufficient xbox and broken saving methods. people are simply gunna complain dude its broken, and has little to no support. especially now.

this isnt a going away speech so try not to get triggered you mods :smile-new:,

but since i wont be back for a while i will say, in conclusion, that if you guys cant get this update out soon, consider not doing it. Finish that PC version were all jealous of, drop a REAL version on a later console...or an optimized rebrand on consoles today, miles away from telltales dying hands. something that we can call complete so you never have to deal with these issues and constant dramas again. and i hope that you guys make less bad decisions as a company.

big examples:

your communication methods:
just wow lol been here 2 years and you have no idea how far we have been strung along hahahaha. better to have stayed quiet, or keep people on a weekly update of info or something. anything in between makes people ragequit or troll. a message about an update from devs every 2 months to me is like..."wow i need to find a new game with more support." also these people on the forums who are in control but know very little or give constant vague answers prolly hurt your reoccuring fanbase lol. they have alot of info on why content isnt here, rather than info on how its all coming along, and even i have been told to go away and that noone cares. this gives the whole "train running with no conductor" feeling.

staff choices (obviously):
i know theres no way devs could have been able to tell that TT was gunna dissolve. hopefully in the future you guys can find something both affordable and effecient, because this has a really good concept-poorly excecuted lol. This entire time, i feel like i was lucky to have even heard of this game. i see it nowhere on any of the digital stores main pages. i never even saw the console hard copy once in stores (i go often and im in a densly populated area where it should be offered). it also CLEARLY released way too early for consoles, likely because you guys needed pocket money. all of this hurt the game. to this day, it should be considered early acess beta type stuff...and xbox has a section for stuff like this.

broken release:
been watching things for a while now, and i feel like this game has been a labor of love for you guys, that was rushed to aid its development and pay its devs, and prolly wouldnt have come this far for PC players if you guys had not leeched the console community with a broken game. but i say to that-cheers. sometimes you gotta break some eggs to make an omelet. and we all should be glad that it came this far. my best guess is the half life of this game on pc is quite limited as well now, due to that money source stopping. im guessing you guys will be mid update too lol, but will prolly get a few more updates at least while they justify a few paychecks. or they might put a fork in this game soon
and call it done before they collapse inwards. likely after an update or two. and for that i hope everyone is ok, and the minds that put this together remain intact.

good luck to all and i hope for the best and i hope you can still sell the game to your majority audience and hopefully rebrand or sequel your amazing content. despite all of negative opinions and constant issues with this game and EVEN WITH 1 UPDATE A YEAR AND FAILED PROMISES, i would still totally buy anything you guys release. this has been groundbreaking and we will all remember the first REAL voxel game :).

DemonShadow
11-09-2018, 12:51 PM
Honestly i feel bad for TFP they pretty much got stabbed in the back by TT. This isnt like ark where the company is making all of the versions. This is them contracting another company to port their game. Any communication issues fell on TT/ Iron Galaxy as well as the slow pace of updates. They have repeatedly said they are working on the issue of rights etc for the console version. Its not abandoned simply delayed due to unforseen circumstances. As a side note the persistent issue of md5 on consoles is more of issue with how xbox live deals with backup save data. Who in their right mind overwrites their backup with corrupted data? Then you can simply delete your consoles save data after a crash, and only the corrupted data on your console and then when you start it back up it downloads the most recent correct save data and no md5 ever again.

Diamond Dave
11-09-2018, 12:54 PM
I keep reading how "The Console Version is done" because Telltale went under but still control the rights to the game. As far as I can tell, my current version of the game seems to be pretty good. So, I have to deal with the crashes and the potential terrain rewrites, but from what I have seen over the past two years, Tell Tale's updates wouldn't have fixed them anyway. Those problems seem ingrained into the core of the game, and unless there's a major rewrite (hint hint) I believe those problem will remain. Any update Tell Tale had in the works was little more than window dressing. Neat window dressing at times, but just that.

They were supposedly creating a whole new game engine. So the update was going to be massive and should have fixed some of the major glitches.

hugojheredia
11-09-2018, 01:12 PM
I hope that when everything is solved and also can make a great update to the console version ... relaunch the game with all the included diffusion. because the game is great, it deserves to do very well and does not have much competition in consoles.

sandman2838
11-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Okay Sylen I understand how you see it, you've made that abundantly clear. The point isn't that this game does things no other game does, the point is, this game, regardless of what amazing things it does, has major flaws. You can try and blame xbox, playstation, microsoft, heck you can try and blame global warming but the fact is, the game was written/ported to a known entity. The dev's knew the capabilities of the systems they were porting it to, and if the systems can't handle it then don't write it. That would be like selling the PC game saying it would work on 1 gig of ram when you know full well it won't work properly with less than 4.

You can try and blame the problem on the shortcomings of the console systems, but your argument just doesn't hold up to the BS test. If the game won't run properly on the console systems currently available then don't port it. The, if the game you port doesn't run properly, fix it! Don't appease the crowd with BS window dressing while ignoring the core issue that you screwed the pooch!

SylenThunder
11-09-2018, 02:42 PM
Okay Sylen I understand how you see it, you've made that abundantly clear. The point isn't that this game does things no other game does, the point is, this game, regardless of what amazing things it does, has major flaws. You can try and blame xbox, playstation, microsoft, heck you can try and blame global warming but the fact is, the game was written/ported to a known entity. The dev's knew the capabilities of the systems they were porting it to, and if the systems can't handle it then don't write it. That would be like selling the PC game saying it would work on 1 gig of ram when you know full well it won't work properly with less than 4.

You can try and blame the problem on the shortcomings of the console systems, but your argument just doesn't hold up to the BS test. If the game won't run properly on the console systems currently available then don't port it. The, if the game you port doesn't run properly, fix it! Don't appease the crowd with BS window dressing while ignoring the core issue that you screwed the pooch!
Which is exactly what I said when I first heard TellTale approached TFP with the idea of a console port.

What's really painful, is that the next update with the updated version of Unity should greatly alleviate the limitations of the client on the consoles lack of hardware. Now everything is unsure.
I play on the PS4, so I don't have to deal with the constant issue on the X-Box. That has been shown to be directly attributed to the way the OS handles the file system though. I really miss a lot of the features from the PC version, and the ability to play larger maps. Plus the lack of Zeds is pretty boring once you're in the higher levels. I restart a lot.

They took a very CPU and RAM intensive game and tried to make it work on console hardware that was already obsolete when it came out in 2013. (Incidentally, that's near the time the PC Alpha first went public.) For what they attempted, they actually did a pretty good job. Sure it's got issues. You would have issues with your car if you constantly drove it at the speed limiter and never let off the gas. This isn't much different. It's running your console full throttle in order to do what it needs to run the client.

You can't sit back and say "well all these other games don't have an issue", because no other game is attempting to pull off what this one is. That's what doesn't hold up to the BS test.

If you want my honest opinion, TFP should have held off from allowing the console port until after the game was more stabilized with completed features.

wyoBADGER
11-09-2018, 03:23 PM
Many are speculating as to the future of 7 Days to Die on consoles and The Fun Pimps wanted to give the community an update. The news of Telltaleís demise and insolvency was both a saddening and shocking event. With no warning, we learned the news the same day as the gaming public.

Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltaleís rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise.

In the weeks following, we've been working in good faith with the remaining management at Telltale to regain control over the console versions and allow us to provide support and updates on those platforms. So far, these efforts have failed.

Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltaleís actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future.

I have said already that this game is one of a kind, I love it, with or without the update, crashes or not. I was stoked about another possible update happening, but regardless, I will continue to play this game. There isn't another one like it.

Will some continue to complain about the status update shared and about not getting the update quick enough, I got stuck on the word "sequels" and am even more excited.

This game brings a whole new level to console gaming. And just thinking about the possible sequels, and the Fun Pimps already knowing what they know because of this game, well, all I can say is BRING ON THE SEQUELS!!

Jugginator
11-09-2018, 04:58 PM
Name one other console game that has a fully destructible 3D world with SI calculation and a randomly generated map.

Just one.

You know, you can copy and paste that all you want but it still doesn't excuse the poor job that crew did on the port. They could have optimized it a bit to run better on the consoles. If my HP laptop can run the PC version way better than either console version, that's sad.

Muggs
11-10-2018, 02:13 AM
I read it all twice and the part that sticks in my head is ''continuing efforts to aid console players in the future''. Well that says it all,consoles dead.
Even if this future comes they will aid us. I guess thats fix some more MD5 triggers not sure. Nowhere does it say new publisher with the update still coming. The console version is done. Its been fun but my old ass is moving on. Take care and go outside.

Spartan 117561
11-10-2018, 02:18 AM
You know, you can copy and paste that all you want but it still doesn't excuse the poor job that crew did on the port. They could have optimized it a bit to run better on the consoles. If my HP laptop can run the PC version way better than either console version, that's sad.

That depends on the HP laptop you have, mine has an Intel i6 processor. My Xbox one x runs games better then it and it half the prices.

Spartan 117561
11-10-2018, 02:29 AM
I read it all twice and the part that sticks in my head is ''continuing efforts to aid console players in the future''. Well that says it all,consoles dead.
Even if this future comes they will aid us. I guess thats fix some more MD5 triggers not sure. Nowhere does it say new publisher with the update still coming. The console version is done. Its been fun but my old ass is moving on. Take care and go outside.

Then why post that your moving on. your just trying to get a rise out of them. If you are really done with the game then don't post it just go, me my friends love playing this after a BS filled day at work getting ready for next horde we are on days 475 on our 10th world.

Mregomies
11-10-2018, 07:15 AM
That depends on the HP laptop you have, mine has an Intel i6 processor. My Xbox one x runs games better then it and it half the prices.

Intel i6 :tickled_pink: why not i8? ... XBOX ... two missed hits in one reply...

Nootcaase
11-10-2018, 03:36 PM
I already suggested this a few times: Ask on PSN and XB Marketplace for donations to rebuy the rights as soon as TTG lets you know what they want to hand them over.

After this you guys can continue updating what makes it way easier to regain financial support covered by rising popularity.

Funds from the console version would go to Telltale.

GermanPatriot
11-10-2018, 03:58 PM
Funds from the console version would go to Telltale.

You could do this after getting back the rights to cover costs. In any case they could need support by us cause I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.

Nootcaase
11-10-2018, 05:06 PM
You could do this after getting back the rights to cover costs. In any case they could need support by us cause I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.

There are two problems with this plan. 1st, they cannot do anything toward the console version until they get the rights back. 2nd. There is no longer a large enough fan following to fund it. The state of the game gas burned too many to quickly.

irjvik
11-10-2018, 05:58 PM
...I am pretty unsure wether they can hold and develope the game on PC AND consoles parallelly.

100% agree with nootcase, and I should add, as one can expect, "3rd : developing on consoles is NOT the same thing as developing on PC, even if technically modern consoles are no more than a laptop PC, consoles holders (Sony and Microsoft) have requirements that need skills not needed on a PC release.
That's why companies like Iron Galaxy exists.

GermanPatriot
11-10-2018, 06:54 PM
100% agree with nootcase, and I should add, as one can expect, "3rd : developing on consoles is NOT the same thing as developing on PC, even if technically modern consoles are no more than a laptop PC, consoles holders (Sony and Microsoft) have requirements that need skills not needed on a PC release.
That's why companies like Iron Galaxy exists.

It is only about economics, nothing more. And TFP is not prepared and was never founded for developing for consoles. Sooner or later they need to hire more employees in case they get the rights to do so as long as there is no new publisher.

Batpig93
11-18-2018, 11:31 PM
Anyway we can help? GoFund me? Petition? Anything?

GermanPatriot
11-19-2018, 12:27 AM
Anyway we can help? GoFund me? Petition? Anything?

Like I said...I made that offers a million times but nobody ever replied. Maybe they are gonna make use of that opportunity as soon as the legal situation has been cleared up to continue the development.

a4twenty
11-19-2018, 01:14 PM
with the next, next gen consoles due out in two years, it might be more realistic to hope TFP haven't been jaded and can have a fresh start then. of course we dont know the specs of these consoles yet and talk of streaming version may or may not make this possible.

I'd love to see the update come but speculation about how far along IG are is just that, speculation. who know how long they knew about TT's problems or when they stopped getting paid.

just got hit with another MD5 yesterday, at least I was only 39 days in but it devastated my base and I wasnt even near it. makes it so much worse when you play one and done.

GermanPatriot
11-19-2018, 01:54 PM
with the next, next gen consoles due out in two years, it might be more realistic to hope TFP haven't been jaded and can have a fresh start then. of course we dont know the specs of these consoles yet and talk of streaming version may or may not make this possible.

I'd love to see the update come but speculation about how far along IG are is just that, speculation. who know how long they knew about TT's problems or when they stopped getting paid.

just got hit with another MD5 yesterday, at least I was only 39 days in but it devastated my base and I wasnt even near it. makes it so much worse when you play one and done.

It is possible to re-release 7 Days for the next gen consoles due to their massive hardware power which should be way powerful enough to handle the game properly. But this depends on estimations how popular 7DTD could become on the next gen consoles.

SylenThunder
11-19-2018, 03:03 PM
It is possible to re-release 7 Days for the next gen consoles due to their massive hardware power which should be way powerful enough to handle the game properly. But this depends on estimations how popular 7DTD could become on the next gen consoles.
If they (Sony/Microsoft) go down the streaming path like they have been implying, the hardware on the next gen consoles is going to be nearly as pathetic as the current gen.

sandman2838
11-19-2018, 03:44 PM
According to Playstation Lifestyle as well as several other sites, the sale of Telltale assets has already begun and creditors have been given notice to submit claims. This is the actions of a bankruptcy, plain and simple, and you can bet that anyone with any smarts will run from the mess 7 days to Die on console has become. What I mean by that is quite simply, the game was so poorly ported and the fan base has become so disillusioned, no company in their right minds would be interested in paying anything for the rights to this game, at least from a strictly financial view.

Telltale got their just deserves for putting out such a poorly ported product and failing to fix it. Unfortunately the company that actually did the porting isn't suffering the same fate. Iron Galaxy is still in operation. TFP also received a pretty big and well deserved black eye over this, as this was "Their Game" and the failure of it on console can be traced directly back to them and their choices.

In the end, players got a decent game, flaws and all. It's a shame it fell apart like this but at this point, there's no longer enough money to be made so no smart business would pick up the rights and continue with this game. Best chance of future updates would be something along the lines of paid updates, or new version release to re-energize the finances, but that is unlikely. The very name of the game makes players roll their eyes in distrust.

irjvik
11-19-2018, 04:01 PM
If they (Sony/Microsoft) go down the streaming path like they have been implying, the hardware on the next gen consoles is going to be nearly as pathetic as the current gen.
100% agree, don't expect a 16-core 5.0Ghz CPU with 32GB RAM !
Edit : Latest rumors are about a 8-core Ryzen PS5, currently Ryzen7-CPU is 2.7-3.8Ghz Range (without boost).

...at this point, there's no longer enough money to be made so no smart business would pick up the rights and continue with this game. Best chance of future updates would be something along the lines of paid updates, or new version release to re-energize the finances...
My thoughts too.
I strongly believe TellTales mess will cost money, just to recover sources/copyrights.
No one will engage additional expenses just to publish a few bugs corrections.

My hope : "7DTD Console Edition" on PS5/XB2 sold as a brand new product using all new consoles capacities (larger maps, cosmetic DLCs like Minecraft/Conan Exiles, third-person view with (sexy ^^) clothes sold as DLC, ...)

davethebakerx2
11-19-2018, 04:39 PM
100% agree, don't expect a 16-core 5.0Ghz CPU with 32GB RAM !
Edit : Latest rumors are about a 8-core Ryzen PS5, currently Ryzen7-CPU is 2.7-3.8Ghz Range (without boost).

My thoughts too.
I strongly believe TellTales mess will cost money, just to recover sources/copyrights.
No one will engage additional expenses just to publish a few bugs corrections.

My hope : "7DTD Console Edition" on PS5/XB2 sold as a brand new product using all new consoles capacities (larger maps, cosmetic DLCs like Minecraft/Conan Exiles, third-person view with (sexy ^^) clothes sold as DLC, ...)

The new systems are not any better for this game

Durtmat
11-19-2018, 04:54 PM
When I heard the news, I cried. No lie. This is a game I've waited for my entire life to play. Now to hear no more updates. I know it could potentially get one, one day, still breaks my heart.

Outlaw_187
11-20-2018, 07:51 AM
♥Originally Posted by♥The Fun Pimp♥

Folks we are fine. We are putting are head down and trying to finish a very large and quite frankly over scoped build. The game has suffered from years of trying to make everyone happy with quick releases at the cost of sloppy framework which needs gutting. If we take a break to rip it out so be it. If we weren't so concerned with making you all happy then it might have gotten done right the first time.♥

Just stay calm and zombie on we will survive and this build will ship.♥And console will get updated one way or another♥

Cheers Richard

This was posted on the pc side under the telltale layoffs thread. Think it would be a little more appropriate here. Maybe ease some minds a bit. I was happy to read it!!

crazywildfire
11-20-2018, 11:08 AM
As much as I would say it would ease some minds it just will not unfortunately. An update will come to console it just will not be tomorrow or any time soon as in at least a few months and that is probably being on the brightest side of things. Even on the darkest side of things it will still get updated eventually. It just all depends on how long the legal side of things take and that it self not one person can answer. Sometimes it gets done in a reasonable time and sometimes it drags out. With the holidays around I place money on dragging out. It is what it is. To be honest plenty of game just came out and lots more around the corner. Take a step aside and play some of those RDR2 is a amazing game by the way. Play something get into it and before you know it console version of 7dtd will have a update.

dustipher
11-20-2018, 01:53 PM
Can't personally see an update on console ever coming out now, given the state of things and the lack of potential return on any 7dtd console development. I really hope I'm wrong! I've been waiting months for news that would get me and my buddies back on the game, but I'm done waiting now.

TFP - Thanks for the many hundreds of hours of fun. This IS a great game, although arguably one that should have stayed PC only, given the huge multiplayer restrictions, no dedicated servers and console power limitations. Regardless, I appreciate the effort to bring 7dtd to console players and I, for one, definitely got my moneys worth!

I won't be checking in on the forums anymore, but should I ever hear of an update, or should I come across a PC to play 7dtd on, I'll be back in a heartbeat!

To the 7dtd community, who have always been great (even in disagreement!) and are a real asset to the game, so long and thanks for all the blueberry pies!

PEACE OUT (hopefully just for now)
The Dust

Nootcaase
11-20-2018, 01:53 PM
This was posted on the pc side under the telltale layoffs thread. Think it would be a little more appropriate here. Maybe ease some minds a bit. I was happy to read it!!

The Fun Pimps are fine sure, that doesn't change the state of the console version.

Outlaw_187
11-21-2018, 12:49 AM
The Fun Pimps are fine sure, that doesn't change the state of the console version.

Maybe....maybe not. Just me trying to stay positive i guess. Ive been looking at ebay to see if i can find a cheap enough but good enough pc to play 7dtd. Alpha 17 looks amazing, i so wanna dive into that!

g7755725
11-26-2018, 09:45 PM
What about ps4 i love the game but with bluescreens happening after loading an old save and in new saves it makes it impossible to wanna keep playing we spent money to play the game so we should at least hopefully expect the same love as the PC players its a very good game that has potential and in my opinion it could be great even if you dislike the console versions at least finish what you started please :)

crazywildfire
11-27-2018, 11:19 AM
What about ps4 i love the game but with bluescreens happening after loading an old save and in new saves it makes it impossible to wanna keep playing we spent money to play the game so we should at least hopefully expect the same love as the PC players its a very good game that has potential and in my opinion it could be great even if you dislike the console versions at least finish what you started please :)

I guess you didn't read anything huh.

Not much they can do at the moment. If you took time to read some sticky threads that stay on the front page of threads then you would of seen until recently well a couple of months now that TT handled the console.

You would of read TFP started this project on PC and had no plans until at least they was finished to do the game on console. Then came TT that made a offer and said no worries we will handle console you keep focusing on PC. TT said they seen enough in A14 to be considered a finished game. (Now it obviously was word from word like that but summing it up). Anywya they made the deal and now TT is not longer in business but they still have the rights for console and will not hand them back over without some sort of fight. So now TFP legally has their hands tied and can't do anything at the moment for console. So it is never about them showing PC more love then console because at the time they didn't handle console. But most likely they will get the rights back and take care of this last update and most likely will sell the rights again to someone else because they still have a project to finish on PC. Or they will sell the rights again and let them take care of it all together. But it is possible now they have a bigger staff that they might handle console themselves. Really until it is legally back on TFP hands everything is just speculations on what they will and will not do.

Maggot_8741
11-29-2018, 02:11 AM
Man just found Stranded Deep was coming to PS4 and those snakes in the grass at telltale was the ones who were going to be publishing it. So now it's not on console and won't be for a while if ever. ♥♥♥♥.... ME....

barturo
11-29-2018, 03:48 AM
See I knew something was up with this company. The game had so much potential to be great but it was ruined. Why no open servers like every other game out blows my mind smh

irjvik
11-29-2018, 10:53 AM
The game had so much potential to be great but it was ruined.
Welcome to the "Behind the Scenes" video games usual business ...

Batpig93
12-01-2018, 10:36 PM
I love this game so much. Honestly, I'd wait. When I get a little bored of it (which honestly happens with all games no matter how life changing they may be to you) I play another one. But I always come back to this one. The idea of building games like these is amazingly therapeutic. I'm no programmer or engineer but the amount of work that goes into this must be insane. So to get a game like this up to par (graphics wise at least) to what is out now sounds almost impossible. With that being said, I would totally wait. I paid like $25 on PSN for it. It would have been more worth it when it came out first, sure. And I would pay that amount of more for a finished console version of it. Maybe its just me having learned to be content and not stressing out about things out of my control, but I'm OK with what I have now.

There is always something to do in the game.

On top of that, there will be an update sooner or later. So... yeah.

a4twenty
12-02-2018, 09:59 PM

theres no guarantee of that and the longer this drags on the less likely it seems.

Tkzershia
12-02-2018, 11:06 PM
Uhhhh but they said we would get an update soon for like the last year soooo idk how this makes any difference at all😂😂

Tkzershia
12-02-2018, 11:13 PM
I love this game so much. Honestly, I'd wait. When I get a little bored of it (which honestly happens with all games no matter how life changing they may be to you) I play another one. But I always come back to this one. The idea of building games like these is amazingly therapeutic. I'm no programmer or engineer but the amount of work that goes into this must be insane. So to get a game like this up to par (graphics wise at least) to what is out now sounds almost impossible. With that being said, I would totally wait. I paid like $25 on PSN for it. It would have been more worth it when it came out first, sure. And I would pay that amount of more for a finished console version of it. Maybe its just me having learned to be content and not stressing out about things out of my control, but I'm OK with what I have now.

There is always something to do in the game.

There's always something to do, that's not a complaint. The complaint is that we have been doing the same ♥♥♥♥ for over a year with 0 change

davaklein
12-05-2018, 10:27 PM
Patience is a virtue. The Fun Pimps are not a AAA studio and that is a good thing. This update will be legendary. Its too bad TT did what they did. If you want to point fingers look no further...7 Days To Die will make it through this political blood moon.

Ignoringmywife1
12-06-2018, 12:47 AM
I ain't holding my breath on that one.

Outlaw_187
12-07-2018, 02:17 PM
Patience is a virtue. The Fun Pimps are not a AAA studio and that is a good thing. This update will be legendary. Its too bad TT did what they did. If you want to point fingers look no further...7 Days To Die will make it through this political blood moon.

Im with ya man. As small of a chance as it might be, hopefully the video game gods will be kind to us.
In the mean time, i am looking for a decent pc or laptap that can run this game on decent settings. Regardless of what happens with console, the pc version is obviously where its at!

Ignoringmywife1
12-07-2018, 10:22 PM
I'm building one right now. There are some pretty good tutorials on youtube

SylenThunder
12-07-2018, 11:16 PM
I'm building one right now. There are some pretty good tutorials on youtube
Not to mention it's a lot better to build your own than buy something from one of the major manufacturers.

Ignoringmywife1
12-08-2018, 12:58 AM
Absolutely. Don't go to Walmart whatever you do

Jugginator
12-08-2018, 04:54 AM
If you're not tech savvy and want to save a bit on a gaming rig, cyberpowerpc is a great choice. Had a friend across the country want a custom-built rig, and wasn't comfortable with being walked-through a build. Got him a sick deal on there, cheaper than stores, built professionally with great parts + a warranty. Thing lasted him still to this day for over 6 years.

Outlaw_187
12-08-2018, 05:30 AM
Great ideas & suggestions guys. Ill definitely look into that.

Come on bigboi
12-08-2018, 02:02 PM
Can anyone help me Iím new to pc ♥♥♥♥ and had enough of waiting for console update https://www.game.co.uk/en/fierce-exile-gaming-pc-fast-amd-ryzen-3-2200g-3-7ghz-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-radeon-vega-8-2029791. Would this run 7 days to die I know it could be bad but itís a start off

SylenThunder
12-08-2018, 07:04 PM
Can anyone help me I’m new to pc ♥♥♥♥ and had enough of waiting for console update https://www.game.co.uk/en/fierce-exile-gaming-pc-fast-amd-ryzen-3-2200g-3-7ghz-1tb-hdd-8gb-ram-radeon-vega-8-2029791. Would this run 7 days to die I know it could be bad but it’s a start off
AMD and Unity don't get along very well.
8GB RAM in the minimum recommended. (Part of the reason consoles have issues.)
Integrated graphics with AMD = bad idea all around.

It can probably run 7 Days, but you probably won't get higher than 25FPS.

Come on bigboi
12-08-2018, 07:40 PM
AMD and Unity don't get along very well.
8GB RAM in the minimum recommended. (Part of the reason consoles have issues.)
Integrated graphics with AMD = bad idea all around.

It can probably run 7 Days, but you probably won't get higher than 25FPS.

Right okay dam was hoping it be good little first gaming pc thank you anyway

DerPopo
12-09-2018, 01:36 AM
Right okay dam was hoping it be good little first gaming pc thank you anyway

In general, the AMD 2200G and 2400G iGPUs are relatively good budget gaming options (i.e. 720p low for heavier titles (https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ryzen-5-2400G-and-Ryzen-3-2200G-in-Review.283104.0.html#toc-gaming-performance)), but likely don't cut it in 7dtd.
As a very rough estimate, the 2200G is about 50% faster than the 940MX laptop GPU according to userbenchmark; given that my 940MX laptop gets 15-25fps (clearly GPU bottlenecked) at 900p Low without zombie activity, you likely won't reach 30fps in more crowded situations with the 2200G. Also, Low settings look horrible.

For a playable experience at medium settings, GTX 1050/RX 560 are the baseline I think. If your budget allows, better go for GTX 1050Ti or RX 570, the latter being quite a bit faster in most cases. I recommend taking a look at proper GPU performance comparisons such as this one (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html).

Come on bigboi
12-09-2018, 08:19 AM
In general, the AMD 2200G and 2400G iGPUs are relatively good budget gaming options (i.e. 720p low for heavier titles (https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ryzen-5-2400G-and-Ryzen-3-2200G-in-Review.283104.0.html#toc-gaming-performance)), but likely don't cut it in 7dtd.
As a very rough estimate, the 2200G is about 50% faster than the 940MX laptop GPU according to userbenchmark; given that my 940MX laptop gets 15-25fps (clearly GPU bottlenecked) at 900p Low without zombie activity, you likely won't reach 30fps in more crowded situations with the 2200G. Also, Low settings look horrible.

For a playable experience at medium settings, GTX 1050/RX 560 are the baseline I think. If your budget allows, better go for GTX 1050Ti or RX 570, the latter being quite a bit faster in most cases. I recommend taking a look at proper GPU performance comparisons such as this one (https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gpu-hierarchy,4388.html).

So is it possible in the future with the pc I got I can just update the graphic card I’m new to all this I just really wanna play alpha 17 so I got a cheap gaming pc what I fort hopefully in the future I can upgrade and also I really appreciate sylen and you’re help thank you

GermanPatriot
12-09-2018, 03:44 PM
Meanwhile we all made it so far that community members recommend hardware specs for the PC version in the console section. Cheers.

hugojheredia
12-12-2018, 01:23 PM
still can not understand how a company that no longer exists can retain publication rights on a game!

crazywildfire
12-12-2018, 02:44 PM
still can not understand how a company that no longer exists can retain publication rights on a game!

Because it all depends on how a contract is worded and done? If you give someone the rights to do something in this case a console version then that person then has those rights to that version. They do still exists even if someone/a few are behind closed doors wrapping up loose ends in this case this game. If TFP didn't care about console at all and let it go then technically the owner/owners could take the rights home with them and do nothing at all with it if they wanted. It has happened before and it has happened before with companies that sold off the rights to another company that just puts it on a shelf and never touches it again. But luckily for us TFP do care and are currently working on getting the console rights to them so they can either handle it themselves or find someone else to handle it.

irjvik
12-12-2018, 04:36 PM

You're wrong.
The company is still running, still alive, but cancels or finish existing contracts without taking new ones.
That's the source of the problem, a fully closed or bankrupt (chapter 11 or 6) status company would have been easier to deal with.

Spartan 117561
12-13-2018, 12:52 AM

they still exist, they just have a staff less then 20 people and are no longer developing games. the only reason they are alive is because people still buy games that they were involved in.

- - - Updated - - -

didn't read all the way down my bad

Punchobunz
12-13-2018, 06:11 PM
Happy 1 year since last update anniversary!

Outlaw_187
12-15-2018, 06:01 AM
Happy 1 year since last update anniversary!

Lol, how depressing. Wow it really has been a year hasn't it. All this time we've been awaiting this huge update & then get hit with "sorry guys, TellTale just folded. You're basically all F'd now in regards to future content."
I'm still holding out some hope but doesn't seem good fellas.

12-15-2018, 08:41 AM
idk how these sort of things work, but maybe the next contract can have a "if work on the title ceases for any reason we reserve the right to regain "X" rights to our IP" clause or something like that.

Mregomies
12-15-2018, 04:55 PM
There is no way console version can climp up to A17 atm... I love this A17 on PC now and my 2nd PS4 PRO is just an another netflix machine

Lmnopnis
12-19-2018, 06:53 AM
There is no way console version can climp up to A17 atm... I love this A17 on PC now and my 2nd PS4 PRO is just an another netflix machine

Hey Braggy McBragface. How about you brag yourself to the brag strip so you can brag race against other bragsters. Afterwards you can go home and dress up in brag, and admire yourself in the mirror.

Outlaw_187
12-19-2018, 08:18 AM
Hey Braggy McBragface. How about you brag yourself to the brag strip so you can brag race against other bragsters. Afterwards you can go home and dress up in brag, and admire yourself in the mirror.

The brag you say.....lmfao

Outlaw_187
12-19-2018, 08:38 AM
On a serious note, i just checked out Melissa Hutchisons (i think thats spelled right) twitter page, she does the voice for Clementine on the walking dead game.
It says eposode 3 will be released january 15th.
I know this is "off topic" but its a bit of good news. Im excited for it!

l3ig l3omber
12-19-2018, 11:18 AM
Hello Fun Pimps, can we the dedicated console players, get an actual update. Like are you filing a class action law suit that we can all keep up on, like the one the ex employees filed. An actual update. I'm not asking for the source code or rights to the game. Just an actual factual update that doesn't have vague maybes in the fog. We waited over a year now for a update, and that's been yanked out from under us. We stood by you guys through some of the most frustrating problems this games has ever seen. We looked the other way every time TellTale lied to us. So here's yer chance fun pimps, prove to the console community that you actually care and let us know whats actually going on with the game we love to play. Or will this cry out be deleted like so many other posts.

crazywildfire
12-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Hello Fun Pimps, can we the dedicated console players, get an actual update. Like are you filing a class action law suit that we can all keep up on, like the one the ex employees filed. An actual update. I'm not asking for the source code or rights to the game. Just an actual factual update that doesn't have vague maybes in the fog. We waited over a year now for a update, and that's been yanked out from under us. We stood by you guys through some of the most frustrating problems this games has ever seen. We looked the other way every time TellTale lied to us. So here's yer chance fun pimps, prove to the console community that you actually care and let us know whats actually going on with the game we love to play. Or will this cry out be deleted like so many other posts.

I see no reason why it would be deleted. Post just don't get deleted unless they break the forum rules. So personally don't catch anything in this that would break the rules to get deleted. But with that said I doubt and I could be wrong but doubt they will post anything if no changes have been made. Why would they keep taking time repeating the same thing over and over? It is a small team and they do have a project they are still currently working on. So personally see no need for them to take time posting nothing new when they can take that time to work on what they are doing currently. Nothing personal to console gamers as I have several consoles myself so don't take it negative. It is just if they give play by play they still going to get people asking the same thing. So some would prefer to tell us when they actually have news to tell us.

Jadesteele
12-21-2018, 12:41 AM
On the other hand, it would be nice to have a little infodrop on how well TFP are doing in securing what has been for them a major project too - both TFP and Iron galaxy have put in tons of work on 7d, and i'm sure some of them are feeling just as frustrated at tellfail right now. I know the fans and console players are eager for news, and narked off at smellytale almost as much as TFP and IG have to be - a little 411 to ease the passing of time and raise spirits may make the wait easier for those of us who are determined to see what comes.

Jugginator
12-21-2018, 07:27 AM
To be fair, if they're in legal action I don't think they can discuss it until more has been set in stone and done for legal reasons. It will take a bit of time, I hate to say (for you guys, I gave up on console versions 2 years ago lol).

LordSos91
12-21-2018, 08:15 AM
To be fair, if they're in legal action I don't think they can discuss it until more has been set in stone and done for legal reasons. It will take a bit of time, I hate to say (for you guys, I gave up on console versions 2 years ago lol).

well since they overhauled pretty much the whole system on PC, couldnt they just partner up with someone else on consol side and leave telltale with the outdated version and released the overhaul on consol? since they did do all the work. how would telltale fight that? they stole our game and changed it? no it was funpimps game to begin with.

another thought, why dont companies put in contracts projects must be completed or risk lawsuit?

crazywildfire
12-21-2018, 09:56 AM
well since they overhauled pretty much the whole system on PC, couldnt they just partner up with someone else on consol side and leave telltale with the outdated version and released the overhaul on consol? since they did do all the work. how would telltale fight that? they stole our game and changed it? no it was funpimps game to begin with.

another thought, why dont companies put in contracts projects must be completed or risk lawsuit?

The PC version changes like daily. Ok maybe not exactly daily but the PC version is considered alpha for starters and console was sold as a finished version of what PC called A14. TT still has the console rights no matter what changes. The current consoles might not even be able to get anything that the PC currently has. No guarantee at all. Anything is possible so you can hope and what not but it isn't guaranteed. They said they would try to keep it updated the best they can. Once console reaches it's full limitation and technically it has without the unity update which is why console was/will eventually get some of that A16 update. Anyway gotta get back to work but right now TT has the rights so they either fight it to get those back or make a new game. But as said yes it would be nice to get word but if they have no new news then what are they going to say? They already gave the word what is going on. Why do they not have it in contacts? That I have no clue because I don't k ow how all those are wrote up and done.

SylenThunder
12-21-2018, 11:50 AM

Any other company picking it up would have to start from square one. You'd be waiting another year to get the a15 version. It's much better to pick up the assets from Telltale and continue work with Iron Galaxy.

sandman2838
12-21-2018, 01:10 PM
I seriously doubt that TFP could just redo the update. The fact is, Telltale Games owns the rights to publish 7 Days to Die on console. The company is currently being sold of bit by bit to satisfy their creditors, plus it seems they are facing at least one lawsuit from former employees about they way they closed down. The more that comes out the more underhanded the whole shut down seems. Nevertheless, it seems obvious that unlike some games that had reversion rights written into the contract, this game still belongs to Telltale and is therefore an assett that the liquidators must attempt to sell for as much as possible. The courts are not involved in this unless TFP brings them in, or the employee lawsuits change how things are being done.

That being said, I find it highly unlikely anyone will pay anything for the publishing rights to the console version of this game. It doesn't work right and probably never will, based on the capabilities of the consoles and the demands of the game. Because of that, this game is already in the tank as far as future sales go, and therefore the publishing rights aren't worth squat. Can TFP go to court to get them? probably, but not without a fight, and not without some costs that would never get recouped.

TFP's willingness to put out any sort of monetary effort toward the console is pretty obvious. After all, where's the console Moderator/Laison?

I am not without hope, perhaps a version 2 is in the works?

irjvik
12-21-2018, 07:29 PM
I am not without hope, perhaps a version 2 is in the works?

You should read SylenThunder post just above yours, as he's right :

Any other company picking it up would have to start from square one.
--> No, no hope.

TendaFoot
01-07-2019, 09:48 PM
I hope that you regain control of your property. A ex ea employee becoming on the board of directors and pushing out the founders of TT was a bad sign.
When I first got the game, it was a blast, but I had no WiFi so no updates. If you want to complain about wanting a new update, try playing the original release, getting a mini bike together and driving it and having it go into the ether, dying and not being able to retrieve any of the items. Or you try to take a painting off a wall of a house during a blood moon and the entire house collapses into the ground.
Is the game perfect? No, but there have been leaps and bounds in the stability and game play so far. Iím looking forward to TFPs regaining control and being able to make this game great on consoles even if it still isnít up to what a pc game can be.

TendaFoot
01-07-2019, 09:54 PM
Iron Galaxy actually was contracted by TT to do the crossover, it could be possible that TFP just have to have them work on the new updates make a new version of the game and bypass TT all together. I would gladly pay for a new version of the game, especially if the profits went to TFP.

sandman2838
01-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Iron Galaxy actually was contracted by TT to do the crossover, it could be possible that TFP just have to have them work on the new updates make a new version of the game and bypass TT all together. I would gladly pay for a new version of the game, especially if the profits went to TFP.

A lot of this depends on who had better lawyers when the original deal between TFP and Telltale happened. From the look of things, TFP's lawyers were outgunned.

davaklein
01-08-2019, 07:58 PM
I'm gonna become a lawyer to help the Fun Pimps. 7DTD is the best game ever. It just needs a bigger team.

Brianblk
01-09-2019, 10:59 AM
What a crock! You guys never did much with console but attempt to fix the buggy game. Every update was only for PC. You never added much content at all. No wonder they wanted nothing to do with you. 7 days to die was a good idea but without a good company.. of course it was going downhill real quick. Hopefully you guys sent out a patch that removes telltale publishing from the titles. Otherwise they might get more angry.

crazywildfire
01-09-2019, 05:41 PM
What a crock! You guys never did much with console but attempt to fix the buggy game. Every update was only for PC. You never added much content at all. No wonder they wanted nothing to do with you. 7 days to die was a good idea but without a good company.. of course it was going downhill real quick. Hopefully you guys sent out a patch that removes telltale publishing from the titles. Otherwise they might get more angry.

What? You don't even know what is going on much less to try and say anything about it. If you did then you know everything you said isn't even accurate and makes no sense.

stasis78
01-13-2019, 12:42 AM

Trollface lmao

NukemDed
01-13-2019, 04:26 AM
although i did chuckle about removing tt from the credits
might make the game load a bit faster? lol

Freestyle604
01-14-2019, 05:22 PM
Pretty sure there isn't any new info regarding TTG, or any updates. Might be a good time to close this thread. Otherwise us normal people hoping for any new news get stuck reading info that doesn't have anything to do with TTG update which is what this thread is suppose to be about.

Pretty sure we all feel the same way about what is going on with the console.

GermanPatriot
01-15-2019, 02:08 AM
I won't return to the forums as long as I don't see any news videos on YT. But if you ask me...the game meanwhile is dead.

maughanorama
01-22-2019, 03:03 PM
I won't return to the forums as long as I don't see any news videos on YT. But if you ask me...the game meanwhile is dead.

yup.. close the console forum altogether to be honest

sandman2838
01-22-2019, 05:49 PM
yup.. close the console forum altogether to be honest

The saddest part of this is you are right. The game has likely reached saturation point by now, thus there is little financial incentive to continue support, especially once you consider the mess the game is on console. And seeing as IG is the team that did the port I the first place, it isn't likely that any fixes to the major problems will be included in any new update they were working on. I hear a lot of "Hate" on here for TTG, when in reality, they just marketed it. Iron Galaxy ported it to console and TFP wrote the original PC, which still isn't done. The problems with this game are program related, not marketing related. (Other than the fact that it was sold as a "Completed Game" when it obviously was not.)

Now TFP are marketing t-shirts! Really, are they that cash strapped that they need to sell gimmicks to infuse their program with money?

The problem is they early accessed a game without a clear final product in mind. This has lead to "Fans" insisting on changes that ultimately will drag the creation process out until the game is a shadow of what it could have been. What started as a scavenge and survive game has turned into a zombie hunt level up reward game. If TFP plans on doing to console what they did to PC, I for one say "No Thanks" your random gen doesn't work, your buffing system is a mess, your levelling system is a joke, and theirs no longer a need to for survival skills. Now it's a "shoot me up some zombies" game.

Not only does the game lack a "End Game", TFP lacks one. Please, decide just what you want this game to be, make it become that, and get on with it. You have the talent to write some really great games, use it.

Ignoringmywife1
01-23-2019, 12:11 AM
Couldn't agree more sandman

SylenThunder
01-23-2019, 12:30 AM
Not only does the game lack a "End Game", TFP lacks one. Please, decide just what you want this game to be, make it become that, and get on with it. You have the talent to write some really great games, use it.
TFP is still developing the Alpha version of the PC game. It's not even in the Beta development stage yet.

End game is coming. Along with lots more enemies, allies, and a whole story line. The quest system added in the current Alpha version is the foundation for what is to come. The current progression and buff system is a first-iteration in the Alpha. Which happens to be a complete redesign because the old systems were not working to achieve what TFP wanted for the game.
And all of it is still being developed. It's not done. There is a clear final product, and if you actually read through the original kickstarter, and what they are currently talking about, you can see that the vision hasn't changed one bit outside of adding multiplayer to the game.

Unlike the console version, which was sold as a finished product by TellTale.

sandman2838
01-23-2019, 02:45 AM
TFP is still developing the Alpha version of the PC game. It's not even in the Beta development stage yet.

End game is coming. Along with lots more enemies, allies, and a whole story line. The quest system added in the current Alpha version is the foundation for what is to come. The current progression and buff system is a first-iteration in the Alpha. Which happens to be a complete redesign because the old systems were not working to achieve what TFP wanted for the game.
And all of it is still being developed. It's not done. There is a clear final product, and if you actually read through the original kickstarter, and what they are currently talking about, you can see that the vision hasn't changed one bit outside of adding multiplayer to the game.

I challenge you to read the kickstarter game description and maintain the claims you just made while keeping a straight face. This is a great game but TFP has bowed to the bitching on the forum rather than create the game they envisioned at the start. As they slowly eliminate all styles of play they don't agree with, they are eating away at what made this game special.

Eddyjr2008
01-26-2019, 03:55 AM
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here and quite a bit. I was hoping the whole dark all the time thing was fixed. My GF and I started up a game a couple days ago after myself having took a long leave of absence. I found out it was still dark all the time. I read this post and it bummed me completely out. It sounds pretty grim that console will ever get more updates at least IMO. Has anybody saw anything since this that gave any hope?

Maybe it's time to make the PC plunge but then there is no splitscreen...

Potato Quest hoorah.

sandman2838
01-26-2019, 01:41 PM
Hello everyone. I haven't been on here and quite a bit. I was hoping the whole dark all the time thing was fixed. My GF and I started up a game a couple days ago after myself having took a long leave of absence. I found out it was still dark all the time. I read this post and it bummed me completely out. It sounds pretty grim that console will ever get more updates at least IMO. Has anybody saw anything since this that gave any hope?

Maybe it's time to make the PC plunge but then there is no splitscreen...

Potato Quest hoorah.

The dark all the time can be improved by adjusting your gamma setting, but the likelihood of future updates is slowly fading.

irjvik
01-26-2019, 04:32 PM
... Has anybody saw anything since this that gave any hope?...

Hello.
Just a quick summary as you have missed the Telltales horror movie xD

TellTales is currently liquidating it's assets and liabilities, including IPs, and Sherwood Partners is in charge of this task.
Sherwood Partners has apparently set a deadline on April 9, 2019 to register claims, so don't expect anything new until this date unless a miracle.
Source : https://gamedaily.biz/article/385/telltale-games-is-closing-liquidation-underway-and-games-being-removed-from-steam

Eddyjr2008
01-26-2019, 08:46 PM
Hopefully it works because from what I read on some other posts they said A16 sort of things that could be put on console was almost done. It would be amazing if we got updates again.

I will try the gamma thing, I forgot about that. Its in the options of the game ain't it or gamma on my tv?

DarkheartNZ
01-27-2019, 08:42 PM
Hopefully it works because from what I read on some other posts they said A16 sort of things that could be put on console was almost done. It would be amazing if we got updates again.

I will try the gamma thing, I forgot about that. Its in the options of the game ain't it or gamma on my tv?

It is part of the game options. But you have to make the change BEFORE you load up your game. Once you are in the world the gamma options do not appear.

Eddyjr2008
01-28-2019, 01:44 AM
All this sorta makes me depressed bout this game now. I guess I will jus check back every few months or summin.

I saw where Clare is no longer with us as forum person. She was always nice and friendly.

Is any of the old regulars around anymore? It's probably been a year or two since I been on here. At least it feels like it's been that long to me.

hugojheredia
01-28-2019, 12:27 PM
Hello.

TellTales is currently liquidating it's assets and liabilities, including IPs, and Sherwood Partners is in charge of this task.
Sherwood Partners has apparently set a deadline on April 9, 2019 to register claims, so don't expect anything new until this date unless a miracle.
Source : https://gamedaily.biz/article/385/telltale-games-is-closing-liquidation-underway-and-games-being-removed-from-steam

I really think it's very good news for those of us who are waiting for the console version. if I do not understand bad Telltale (or what is left) will be forced to fix all your legal problems, which, I imagine, will include the publication rights in console. Waiting for an official word in this forum.

Freestyle604
01-28-2019, 08:44 PM

From the original Kickstater page.

"ďWeíre still astounded and humbled by the amazingly positive reaction 7 Days to Die has received from Steam Early Access users on PC,Ē said Rick Huenink, Co-Founder of The Fun Pimps. ďWorking with Telltale Publishing to bring the game to even more players on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 has been fantastic. Weíve added some special features just for this console release, and beyond launch, we have some exciting DLC already in the works that we hope console players are going to love.Ē

in reading the release I didn't remember them saying the console version was a finished product. Otherwise why the beyond launch and DLC in the works comment. I get that the console will never be the PC version, but seems to me like they were not really finished with it.

Funny note is how unhappy all the PC people were about console getting released. If you want to feel special again go read the comments from people around the time it came out for console.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/7daystodie/7-days-to-die-zombie-survival-game/posts/1615869

Good read.

Freestyle604
01-28-2019, 08:48 PM
I really think it's very good news for those of us who are waiting for the console version. if I do not understand bad Telltale (or what is left) will be forced to fix all your legal problems, which, I imagine, will include the publication rights in console. Waiting for an official word in this forum.

Should be good news, but likely the fact there is no money left on the console side, I am willing to give 2-1 odds that no one will pickup the pieces. I am hopeful like you but the sad reality is I just don't see it happening. Was really looking forward to the "really cool stuff" they said they were working on for the last update. Once again, I wouldn't suggest holding your breath.

Ignoringmywife1
01-28-2019, 09:27 PM
Why is this still open?

PoppaTot
01-28-2019, 09:48 PM
Why is this still open?

Because it hasn't been closed?....

Ignoringmywife1
01-29-2019, 12:45 AM
Lol thank goodness for captain obvious. W/e would we do without him.

irjvik
01-29-2019, 02:45 AM
Should be good news, but likely the fact there is no money left on the console side.

100% agree.
TellTales is going liquidated, they will ask for money in exchange of the console 7DTD IP licence.
They won't care about Iron Galaxy getting not paid or a free mandatory update being required in order to fix remaining bugs.
If you were a company CEO, would you be interested in buying an old IP requiring additional money in debugging and only a few new sales possible as there are many competitors now in the market, including huge ones ?

krow
01-29-2019, 05:15 AM
100% agree.
TellTales is going liquidated, they will ask for money in exchange of the console 7DTD IP licence.
They won't care about Iron Galaxy getting not paid or a free mandatory update being required in order to fix remaining bugs.
If you were a company CEO, would you be interested in buying an old IP requiring additional money in debugging and only a few new sales possible as there are many competitors now in the market, including huge ones ?

-DLC... I play on PC and Console and I am willing to pay for a Vehicle DLC Bundle for PS4. $19.99 sounds great for a Motorcycle to a Gyro-Copter unlock (As in craft-able when you get the skills). For those that find that price to high, they can wait for 1/2 price sales.

-Personal note, I believe TFP deserve recompense for this great game, and I play Fallout 76 among other big names and I keep coming back to 7dtd because it offers many aspects that those corporate run titles charge far too much money for or are not interested in satisfying because it's not lucrative enough for them to be bothered. TFP don't get enough credit for their efforts. Just an observation.

-Krow

Wrx1979
02-03-2019, 07:33 PM
Iím sure Iím way out of date here, But does alpha 17 update only come for pc players?

SylenThunder
02-03-2019, 07:40 PM
I’m sure I’m way out of date here, But does alpha 17 update only come for pc players?
Totally.

Once TFP can pull the rights out of the cold dead hands of TellTale, work can begin on finishing the next update that Iron Galaxy was getting close to completing. That will give the console a good chunk of a16 changes.

tired gamer
02-04-2019, 03:17 PM
I'm still pouring a shed load of hours into this game, there's just nothing like it on console, it runs great and the md5 error is no longer a problem when using the 'workaround fix' so no more lost progress.

Here's hoping things can be worked out soon, seeing the update 17 on pc has me green with envy.

Freestyle604
02-04-2019, 04:59 PM
Totally.

Once TFP can pull the rights out of the cold dead hands of TellTale, work can begin on finishing the next update that Iron Galaxy was getting close to completing. That will give the console a good chunk of a16 changes.

Do you have any proof that this is going to happen? Did you work for TTG or IG? Not sure how you would know any of this is going to happen. Let alone that IG "was getting close to completing" the update we were told was being worked on. Please post where you got your info, as I would love to be wrong and what you posted is going to happen. But I live in Missouri so Show Me.

I know TFP said they want to support console, but it certainly doesn't look like anyone will do anything with the current status of the game, on the console side. If there isn't new money for the console side, I don't see anyone paying for rights to a game that have no new revenue coming in for it.

TFP didn't even mention on console side about the merch for sale on Amazon. If it would help get that last update I would buy a T-shirt, but we didn't get that announcement for a reason. IMHO.

meganoth
02-05-2019, 05:30 PM
Do you have any proof that this is going to happen? Did you work for TTG or IG? Not sure how you would know any of this is going to happen. Let alone that IG "was getting close to completing" the update we were told was being worked on. Please post where you got your info, as I would love to be wrong and what you posted is going to happen. But I live in Missouri so Show Me.

I know TFP said they want to support console, but it certainly doesn't look like anyone will do anything with the current status of the game, on the console side. If there isn't new money for the console side, I don't see anyone paying for rights to a game that have no new revenue coming in for it.

TFP didn't even mention on console side about the merch for sale on Amazon. If it would help get that last update I would buy a T-shirt, but we didn't get that announcement for a reason. IMHO.

Speaking with just as much information as you have: The console port is encased in 20 meters of steel blocks as long as the legal stuff isn't finished, with the auction somewhere in the future. Until that date there is no sense in doing anything, TFP probably don't even have any rights to access the code at all. What did you have in mind with "look like anyone will do anything with"?

What SylenThunder is probably refering to is the public statement of TFP that they want to get the rights for the console port and continue it's development (as far as I remember). Please read the original statement to find out exactly what TFP said though, I'm just rephrasing from memory and don't want to misrepresent their statement.

So it is a reasonable expectation that they will make a bid at the auction. It is also reasonable that they can't guarantee to be the highest bidder, but it follows there should be at least one bidder, i.e. TFP themselves.

As long as TFP can't guarantee their success in aquiring the rights I would consider it a really really bad idea to advertise merchandise on the console side ! That would be a recipe for a ♥♥♥♥ storm, don't you think?

Freestyle604
02-06-2019, 11:56 PM
Speaking with just as much information as you have: The console port is encased in 20 meters of steel blocks as long as the legal stuff isn't finished, with the auction somewhere in the future. Until that date there is no sense in doing anything, TFP probably don't even have any rights to access the code at all. What did you have in mind with "look like anyone will do anything with"?

What SylenThunder is probably refering to is the public statement of TFP that they want to get the rights for the console port and continue it's development (as far as I remember). Please read the original statement to find out exactly what TFP said though, I'm just rephrasing from memory and don't want to misrepresent their statement.

So it is a reasonable expectation that they will make a bid at the auction. It is also reasonable that they can't guarantee to be the highest bidder, but it follows there should be at least one bidder, i.e. TFP themselves.

As long as TFP can't guarantee their success in aquiring the rights I would consider it a really really bad idea to advertise merchandise on the console side ! That would be a recipe for a ♥♥♥♥ storm, don't you think?

Yes, I would agree it could be a crap storm. Of course if TFP do purchase back the rights, how do you think they will re-coup their money? It isn’t like you can sell more copies to console users. Those that wanted it bought it, so the revenue for your ROI of buying the rights back would be minimal to nothing. I will admit I don’t know the ins and outs of selling publishing rights to a game that TFP own. I would also consider buying a t-shirt if I thought that it would help get that last update with those really cool features that TTG said would be in the update. It is also possible that the update won’t work and TTG and IG found out the hard way, but no one wants to just tell the truth about it.

I agree this is a pickle and all I am asking for is honest information. I asked Sylen where this information posted came from. Once they get the rights back and finish up the update that “was getting close to completing”. Come April 14th or so as I forgot the exact date in the legal document posted earlier we should know who is buying what from TTG. My fear is that is when we will hear the update isn’t going to happen. Just like my post back in June or so of last year asking about the update and any info on it, because I was pretty sure by the lack of communication that the update wasn’t going to happen.

While I won’t be thrilled if it doesn’t happen, I am a big boy and understand sometimes things just don’t go the way we want them to. I would just like to know where we stand. I know TFP said in some way the would support console, but I also understand a business needs to make money and the console might be where it is because of limitations beyond their control. I also understand there is a legal aspect of it. That said most legal stuff is public record, so it might not be a lack of communication from a legal point.

I hope that makes sense, and you understand my point of view.

hugojheredia
02-07-2019, 10:41 AM
A new game come to consoles...

https://imgbbb.com/images/2019/02/07/tell.md.jpg

REALLY!?

https://imgbbb.com/images/2019/02/07/tell1.md.jpg

SylenThunder
02-07-2019, 02:24 PM
A new game come to consoles...

https://imgbbb.com/images/2019/02/07/tell.md.jpg

REALLY!?

https://imgbbb.com/images/2019/02/07/tell1.md.jpg
That was released on consoles a month before the shutdown. How exactly is it relevant to this thread?

I mean really the only relation is that Telltale released the port before the shutdown.
It was released on console as a finished game, while the PC version is still in Alpha development.

I'm sure the people who bought that game are in the same boat we are.

sandman2838
02-07-2019, 08:30 PM
Please stop with the "Finished Product" quote, no matter how many times you say it, it just isn't true. Finished product would mean the game works as intended, and that has never been true. The constant crashes, md5 errors, inability to connect errors, and on and on are prima facia proof this game was not finished on console. Also, no matter how you say it, you cannot market a product as finished based on an unfinished model, the logic just doesn't hold.

The game may have been "Sold as finished" but definitely was not finished. Telltale may be the prime player in the mishandling of the console game but Iron Galaxy and yes, TFP hold some liability as well. Own up to your screw up and move on.

hugojheredia
02-07-2019, 09:06 PM
That was released on consoles a month before the shutdown. How exactly is it relevant to this thread?

I mean really the only relation is that Telltale released the port before the shutdown.
It was released on console as a finished game, while the PC version is still in Alpha development.

I think you misunderstood it. so I understand the game does not end up coming out. I was just surprised to discover that another game had fallen out of favor like 7 Day to die.

Freestyle604
02-07-2019, 11:24 PM

Really not sure where you get your info, but this game never was released for console.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n34743/stranded-deep-delayed-until-further-notice

abuezz
02-08-2019, 02:02 AM
What I'm understanding from this is that TFP has the rights to the IP, however due to them contracting TTG to make source code, in turn they contracted IG to make the source code, is that IG refuses to give the source code to TFP...

I'm just hoping if they have to make a new port that people with the TTG disk dont have to buy a new copy or can atleast get a new copy free.

SylenThunder
02-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Really not sure where you get your info, but this game never was released for console.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n34743/stranded-deep-delayed-until-further-notice
Hahaa thank you Google.

I looked up the release date, and all I got was a bunch of stuff saying it came out in October.

I stand corrected.

ZombieHoG
02-14-2019, 10:16 AM
snip

I'm just hoping if they have to make a new port that people with the TTG disk dont have to buy a new copy or can atleast get a new copy free.

Wouldn't mind. Got my Disc for 25 bugs and put (still putting) more than 1000 hours into the game. This game is (for me) the best bargain i ever made for PS4. I would be glad to do this again :).

stasis78
02-15-2019, 03:29 AM
Please stop with the "Finished Product" quote, no matter how many times you say it, it just isn't true. Finished product would mean the game works as intended, and that has never been true. The constant crashes, md5 errors, inability to connect errors, and on and on are prima facia proof this game was not finished on console. Also, no matter how you say it, you cannot market a product as finished based on an unfinished model, the logic just doesn't hold.

The game may have been "Sold as finished" but definitely was not finished. Telltale may be the prime player in the mishandling of the console game but Iron Galaxy and yes, TFP hold some liability as well. Own up to your screw up and move on.

Pimps never said it was finished. Post a link to prove otherwise.

This entire thread should just be deleted. Because half the people posting are clueless and donít understand business arrangements, law, or PRERELEASE GAMES

Ignoringmywife1
02-15-2019, 07:00 AM
The CONSOLE version was sold as a finished product. You don't know what you're talking about.

tired gamer
02-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Yeah, it was sold as a finished product on xbox, i remember it clearly and boy was it a mess, in runs fine now though and i still return to it regularly because there's nothing else like it on console.

Freestyle604
02-15-2019, 03:16 PM
The CONSOLE version was sold as a finished product. You don't know what you're talking about.

"Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing with the upgrade to Unity 2017. We are still on track and currently working on ensuring the menus are behaving as they should with the new upgrade. After that we'll be moving onto getting the core single player game working on the new engine having already gotten a first bootable build with functional front-end UI.

We're eager to tackle the more persistent bugs in the game once the upgrade is complete, and excited to start to add some of the new features from A15 and A16 including new map locations for you to explore.

Thank you all once again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch again soon with more details on the progress of the upgrade and Patch 14.

Until then, happy surviving!
The 7DTD Console Team"

This post is from TTG. Doesn't sound like it was a "finished product". If you could post your link where it says it was a finished product then I stand corrected. IMHO, they were not finished and they appeared to be still working on it, until things went sideways.

sandman2838
02-15-2019, 03:28 PM
Pimps never said it was finished. Post a link to prove otherwise.

This entire thread should just be deleted. Because half the people posting are clueless and don’t understand business arrangements, law, or PRERELEASE GAMES

While your argument may hold water on the PC side which is still in Alpha, the console side has always been considered a finished product based on A14. Now that does not mean it hasn't been upgraded to more recent alphas as far as content is concerned, nor has it been treated as finished as they continued to work out the bugs. The problem is, the work on the bugs came to a crawl as everyone applauded the added content. It's been a bit of flash and sleight of hand as they upgrade some stuff and shelf that which they can't handle. Then they closed up, leaving us in the mess we are in now.

- - - Updated - - -

This post is referring to the update they were working on.

Ignoringmywife1
02-15-2019, 04:39 PM
Ask a moderater. That's all you have to do. I've been told many times very condescendingly that the console version was sold as a finished product. Sylen? Where you at on this one?

Freestyle604
02-15-2019, 08:37 PM
Ask a moderater. That's all you have to do. I've been told many times very condescendingly that the console version was sold as a finished product. Sylen? Where you at on this one?

a quote from TFP for this thread.

"Like you, we are incredibly frustrated by what has happened. We are pursuing all options to regain our rights, including legal remedies. Despite the damage that Telltaleís actions have inflicted upon our company and upon our console community, we wanted to let you know that The Fun Pimps are supremely committed to our fans and will continue to support 7 Days to Die game on the PC, as well as continuing efforts to aid console players in the future."

Not sure why they would post this if this game was a finished product. I get polishing up a game by fixing bugs at the end. But if you are talking about adding new (for the console) content then I am going to say it isn't finished. If the game was finished then I don't see why TFP would spend any time/money getting their "rights" back. Let alone make the statment of efforts to aid console players in the future.

Ignoringmywife1
02-16-2019, 04:21 AM
Lol. I read the forums every day man. I've read this and almost every post for the last two years. You still don't know what you're talking about. Link some more old threads... like I said, ask Sylen if it was sold as a finished product. They promised to keep updating, doesn't mean it was sold as a finished product on CONSOLE. I'm done talking about this. You obviously don't read the forums every day or you would know that. It's common knowledge.

SylenThunder
02-16-2019, 12:55 PM
Lol. I read the forums every day man. I've read this and almost every post for the last two years. You still don't know what you're talking about. Link some more old threads... like I said, ask Sylen if it was sold as a finished product. They promised to keep updating, doesn't mean it was sold as a finished product on CONSOLE. I'm done talking about this. You obviously don't read the forums every day or you would know that. It's common knowledge.
It's literally in a Sticky thread even!

Why is this sold as a finished product?
TFP is still developing the PC game, but Telltale/IG took a14.7 and worked on porting it to the consoles. It's sold as a finished product of the a14.7 version of the game. What you have, is what was in the PC version at that time. New PC content may or may not be added to the Console version.

"Madmole created a video explaining the PC to console porting process and what to expect going forward in regards to current and future PC features making it over to console." ~Roland
Console Development Video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3HjqDNlmk)
(Source (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?52884-Alpha-15-and-beyond-for-Consoles))

sandman2838
02-16-2019, 04:04 PM
I think what freestyle is trying to say is, regardless of the constant statements of the console being sold as a finished game, it was not a finished game and has been treated as such. A finished game is just that, finished! IF this product had ben sold and left as released with only updates being bug fixes, you might get away with the "Finished Game" statement. I say might because although a finished game may have some minor bugs, this game has major flaws that still exist that loudly declare "NOT FINISHED". Add to that the game has received way too many updates to be considered finished, (not to mention that the most recent update that never happened included a change to a Unity engine that didn't exist when the game was released, so once again..."Not Finished."

I can stand on the street corner shouting as loud as I can that the world is flat, but that doesn't make it true! Now, don't misunderstand what I'm saying. The console is not deserving of any future updates except those required to make it a finished game. Unfortunately, those updates, (Fixing the multiplayer, especially on PS4, and fixing the MD5, especially on XBox1) will probably never happen.

Of course, if you live in an alternate universe where "Finished Product" has some other meaning, your opinion may differ, but in this universe, finished means finished. A bowl of batter is not a finished cake, and a frame, handlebars, tires, motor and a battery is not a finished mini bike.

SylenThunder
02-16-2019, 05:01 PM
Since a console being connected to the internet has been a standard, there really is hardly any such thing as a "finished game" in the way you're trying to make it. I linked an article on this a while ago. Will have to find it again.

Ignoringmywife1
02-16-2019, 06:41 PM
True. Any game now days can at any time put out an update over the internet and change the game completely. Look at cod 4 remastered. I thought it was a good remaster of thee original game until a few months later, they decided to make it pay to win by adding in a bunch of new guns that were never in the game. They were now the fastest guns in the game which you could only purchase through micro transactions. Ruined it for me. I no longer play any cod games, they ruined my favorite.

stasis78
02-17-2019, 02:30 AM
You are lucky Iím not a forum mod because I would ban you for saying they ever marketed a final product, you canít even share a like that proves it. So you welcome to my ignore list.

stasis78
02-17-2019, 03:38 AM
Anyone that blames pimps for what telltale did is exactly uneducated and simple. But please prove me wrong. I have yet to see a single link that shows exactly where pimps marketed anything other than a prerelease game. For the love of Xbox show me that link ;)

Dayé
02-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Anyone that blames pimps for what telltale did is exactly uneducated and simple. But please prove me wrong. I have yet to see a single link that shows exactly where pimps marketed anything other than a prerelease game. For the love of Xbox show me that link ;)

I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material. Of course I feel like this was just an excuse for not releasing versions that matched those released on PC, It would of been fine had they explained to us that IG was not porting everything in order. I honestly read that statement for the first time as I was on my screen staring at a dog moving in 360 circles like if it was trying to chase its own tail.

Now I'm honestly not holding hope for this game port. I do feel like this console port is dead with the recent outcome of Telltale. If I can suggest something: at least give those of us that can provide proof of purchase a discount code for the PC version. Also as a sidenote, not all of us console users have steam accounts. So forcing us to register with our steam accounts seems a bit unfair.

BTW I noticed a lot more negative comments that are now gone through this page. Are they removing anything that expresses negative concerns about the game? Most of them were not using foul language or anything like that from what I remember.

Ignoringmywife1
02-19-2019, 09:20 AM
I never said a I blamed the pimps for anything. Show me where I said that. What would be the reasoning for banning?Sylen is a mod in case you didn't know.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?62391-When-Will-the-Console-Version-Have-_______&highlight=Alpha+consoles

Freestyle604
02-19-2019, 05:10 PM
Roland said:
07-04-2016
Quote Originally Posted by HarriTay View Post
"will the console version be getting A15 when it releases?
Quote Originally Posted by Mdcrawford40 View Post
Hello I've been playing 7days on the ps4 and been having fun with it. I've watched other people play this game on pc for years and always wanted to play it. All these new updates and additions to the game on pc, will the consoles also get those?? Thanks for any info you can provide"

"Hopefully the console version will get A15 features eventually. Telltale has not revealed what future updates will be coming to the console version. It definitely won't come out at the same time or even shortly afterward. If the console version continues to follow the PC development it will lag behind."

From a previous post. Why not say the console is finished except for some bug updates. If TTG didn't mention anything back in 2016 about it being finished then I not sure why this post was made about following the PC development.

Finished not finished doesn't mean much to me. What means something is being told an update is in the process then told it isn't going to happen, but might happen. I get the legal part, but right now I don't even know what the truth is anymore.

I get it that some might flame who ever but I am a big boy and just want to know what is or what isn't going to happen. That's all I am asking.

Ignoringmywife1
02-20-2019, 01:22 AM
It's finished but they WERE going to continue to support it. Meaning we were going to continue to get features ported from the pc version. But now that's all up in thee air now. Nobody knows what's happening except the pimps, ttg, and the courts as of now.

Tkzershia
02-20-2019, 12:00 PM
geez almost 4 months and the developers havent even talked about console version. this game really must be dead on console🙁

meganoth
02-20-2019, 02:23 PM
I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material.

You do realize that Claire was a Telltale employee (so anything she said came from Telltale, not pimps) and their use of this forum was probably just a rental?

It's finished but they WERE going to continue to support it. Meaning we were going to continue to get features ported from the pc version. But now that's all up in thee air now. Nobody knows what's happening except the pimps, ttg, and the courts as of now.

IMO drop the "except ..." and you are absolutely correct. The pimps might know how much they want to bid in the auction and they probably have plans what they will do in case they get the rights, but neither pimps nor ttg nor the courts know at this time who will eventually get the rights. And that above all decides the fate of the console port.

And I don't think it is much use asking TFP at this time what their plans are. They will not say anything that could be construed as a promise to the console faction until they can be sure they really have the rights. And if they have a shred of intelligence they will not say anything that could give other parties who might bid on the rights any hints about the exact value the console rights have for them.

SylenThunder
02-20-2019, 02:44 PM
I do in fact partly blame the pimps as the console port was called complete. Claire in this same forums told us multiple times that what was released in console was considered completed material. Of course I feel like this was just an excuse for not releasing versions that matched those released on PC, It would of been fine had they explained to us that IG was not porting everything in order. I honestly read that statement for the first time as I was on my screen staring at a dog moving in 360 circles like if it was trying to chase its own tail.
Again, Telltale made the choice to sell it as a finished product, not TFP. They also did make it very clear that the console may not get all the features of the PC version, AND that they would continue to work on porting over the features they could. Right up until the debacle with Telltale, this continued to happen.

Now I'm honestly not holding hope for this game port. I do feel like this console port is dead with the recent outcome of Telltale. If I can suggest something: at least give those of us that can provide proof of purchase a discount code for the PC version. Also as a sidenote, not all of us console users have steam accounts. So forcing us to register with our steam accounts seems a bit unfair.
The requirement for having a Steam ID to register on the forum has been gone since we started supporting the console discussion here. (Which is basically because Telltale refused to host the discussion on their own forum. Which now, actually turns out to be a good thing.)

BTW I noticed a lot more negative comments that are now gone through this page. Are they removing anything that expresses negative concerns about the game? Most of them were not using foul language or anything like that from what I remember.Not sure how you would notice that since it hasn't been happening.

Even if someone else manages to get their hands on it at the auction, I am certain TFP will be involved in the future development.

SourPatchBreezy
02-21-2019, 02:17 PM
Telltale are some shady people, an exact example of what a company shouldn't be. The craziest thing to grasp is how a dying company that has no chance of making a comeback after it's legal issues with employees. Not to mention their reputation with the gaming community now. Is holding on to the belief that 7d2d could save them, when they abandoned console players long ago. Stating it was a finished final product. Mhm... Maybe its just me, but take stranded deep for example. I don't remember a game that was actually sold on console to be pulled day of release. I'm sure there has been with business practices these days but that's crazy to me. I REALLY hope the fun pimps can take control of this and show us console players some love. We sure need it, and personally have no ill will towards you guys n gals. Please just do what ya can, and if anything ....bring out a game just like it and change the name lol. Seriously though, if you have some info you could share from time to time to ease our minds that there's a future for us on console please keep us updated.

Freestyle604
02-21-2019, 04:34 PM
"The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise."

In re-reading the original statement from TFP. If the termination also severed TTG rights to any future updates or sequels then what exactly would TFP have to buy at the bankruptcy auction??? What value would be in a game that most people agree still has some issues and would require another update that in theory would not be possible with TFP issuing a new agreement.

Most of the legal stuff should be public knowledge. I agree with a previous post that console is likely dead, and no one want to just say it. I would love to be wrong or even have some acknowledgment that it is dead. Rip that band-aid off and then some of us an move on. Just ignore the flamers.

Ignoringmywife1
02-21-2019, 04:37 PM
Do you live in America? Because that's not how it works here.

Hatchet-HITMAN
02-21-2019, 07:44 PM

Can we get an update for once on this? Have you made any progress in getting the rights back from Telltale? Anything?

skillz_over_9000
02-22-2019, 04:54 PM
Can we get an update for once on this? Have you made any progress in getting the rights back from Telltale? Anything?

I wouldnt count on any update to be honest. The only time anything of value was posted here was when Claire was still an employee and even then it happened rarely. TFP have not given any consideration to consol players since day 1 so i doubt they will now

meganoth
02-22-2019, 07:08 PM
"The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise."

In re-reading the original statement from TFP. If the termination also severed TTG rights to any future updates or sequels then what exactly would TFP have to buy at the bankruptcy auction??? What value would be in a game that most people agree still has some issues and would require another update that in theory would not be possible with TFP issuing a new agreement.

Most of the legal stuff should be public knowledge. I agree with a previous post that console is likely dead, and no one want to just say it. I would love to be wrong or even have some acknowledgment that it is dead. Rip that band-aid off and then some of us an move on. Just ignore the flamers.

I would guess they need the rights to the sources of the console port. Otherwise they would have to start at zero with porting it. And THAT would be absolutely killing it as they would have to pour a sizable fraction of the porting costs into it again but without any hope of getting a similar fraction of the sales.

The info is out that there will be a bankruptcy auction for whatever rights Telltale still has in a few months. As usual in legal proceedings there is a date set and before that date everyone just sits around and waits. Courts are busy and each simple step takes weeks and months.

To my (limited) knowledge there is also no way for an out-of-court agreement once the bankruptcy court has taken over and set a date for an auction. So not even a miracle will produce new facts. There is a date. Period.

SylenThunder
02-22-2019, 11:19 PM
The info is out that there will be a bankruptcy auction for whatever rights Telltale still has in a few months. As usual in legal proceedings there is a date set and before that date everyone just sits around and waits. Courts are busy and each simple step takes weeks and months.

To my (limited) knowledge there is also no way for an out-of-court agreement once the bankruptcy court has taken over and set a date for an auction. So not even a miracle will produce new facts. There is a date. Period.
This was posted a while ago. Just putting it here again....

Hello.

Even with that information you can probably bet that it's not likely going to be until at least May or June before there's any new news about it.

coned
02-25-2019, 01:55 AM
I wouldnt count on any update to be honest. The only time anything of value was posted here was when Claire was still an employee and even then it happened rarely. TFP have not given any consideration to consol players since day 1 so i doubt they will now

this. they've never really cared about us console players. it was A LONG TIME without an update BEFORE all this telltale stuff. that bug with massive chunks of the world resetting has been known and reported for literal years and they never bothered to even fix that.

they didn't care about us before. they care even less now.

they put 100% of their effort in to the PC version. the console version was just a quick cash grab.

i still play the game. microsoft said it was my most played game last year in their year in review thingy.

but the console version is dead. it was dead BEFORE telltale died. if they didn't care enough to fix a world ruining bug that a huge portion of players ran in to and reported for years...they aren't going to care enough to actually give us content updates.

maughanorama
02-25-2019, 09:36 AM
why is this thread not closed yet ?

hugojheredia
02-25-2019, 05:14 PM
why is this thread not closed yet ?

Hope (?

SylenThunder
02-26-2019, 11:38 AM
Why should it be closed? That would basically shut down further discussion on this.

Do you really want the console version to be done?

Freestyle604
02-26-2019, 06:13 PM
So if this thread gets closed the console version is done?

The only discussion happening is rumor talk. Until April when the TTG bankruptcy is over nothing is going to happen. Or at least everything I have read in this thread says that.

So I would agree to close the thread. If TFP are going to do something with the console then they will start a new thread.

At this point I don't see it going anywhere further, but hoping TFP would say otherwise.

I would be willing to bet it is dead, but I keep holding out slim hope we get that last update.

crazywildfire
02-27-2019, 10:40 AM
Yelp, same thing is constantly being said over and over and over again. Oh it is TFP fault on console because they care more about PC. This game is a finished game. You are wrong no you are wrong. The console is dead and been dead. I mean must I go on? Same stuff every post. It is obvious nobody reads through anything besides what they want to see and read. Ignore everything else and let's troll some to get people worked up. So really agree we already know the news of it. If not go read through 12 pages of the same talk. So not sure why it is still open and if closing a thread until more official information is released mean the console is dead then the game is definitely dead anyway.

maughanorama
02-27-2019, 11:34 AM
Why should it be closed? That would basically shut down further discussion on this.

Do you really want the console version to be done?

the console version is and has been dead for a very long time, do you really think TFP will do or will be able to do anything for consoles ? why do you think it got out sourced originally?

lets face it keeping this thread open is pointless. i wonder if theres a way to get the forum anylitics from google or maybe even the website provider. it would be interesting reading

meganoth
02-27-2019, 02:03 PM
the console version is and has been dead for a very long time, do you really think TFP will do or will be able to do anything for consoles ? why do you think it got out sourced originally?

Possible ways for a new console version:
1) TFP gets the rights for the source code and hire Iron Galaxy or some other developer with console knowledge to finish at least the supposedly nearly finished version
2) TFP gets the rights for the source code, hires 1-2 programmers with console knowledge and tries to do the same in-house, probably much slower.

It's not as if TFP would have to start from zero, much of the expertise of IG is in the source they nearly finished.

lets face it keeping this thread open is pointless. i wonder if theres a way to get the forum anylitics from google or maybe even the website provider. it would be interesting reading

the thread is probably open because every few days a new console player looks into this forum for answers and after reading only the first post in this thread asks what the status is or complains about no news. If this thread is closed he would just make a new thread and maybe even complain that the developer tries to shut down discussion. So what would be gained by closing?

maughanorama
02-27-2019, 02:25 PM
Possible ways for a new console version:
1) TFP gets the rights for the source code and hire Iron Galaxy or some other developer with console knowledge to finish at least the supposedly nearly finished version
2) TFP gets the rights for the source code, hires 1-2 programmers with console knowledge and tries to do the same in-house, probably much slower.

It's not as if TFP would have to start from zero, much of the expertise of IG is in the source they nearly finished.

the thread is probably open because every few days a new console player looks into this forum for answers and after reading only the first post in this thread asks what the status is or complains about no news. If this thread is closed he would just make a new thread and maybe even complain that the developer tries to shut down discussion. So what would be gained by closing?

and so the merry-go-round starts again

meganoth
02-27-2019, 03:19 PM
and so the merry-go-round starts again

You asked questions. If you just wanted to do a rhetoric soap-box speech, more indication of that might be advisable.

If you don't like merry-go-rounds, why do you continue to post in this thread? <-- this is a real question, not rhetorical.

Freestyle604
02-27-2019, 03:41 PM
Ok, if we keep it open let's have a serious discussion then. This is what TFP said at the start of this thread.
"Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltaleís rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise."

So if they ended TTG rights to publish the console port and updates then what is left to purchase. I would assume potential buyers would be purchasing the console version in it's current state. If purchased that company would need to acquire rights from TFP to make updates for the console version. Right?? So logic would be only TFP would really want to purchase the asset of the game for console in it's current state. As any one else buying it couldn't do anything with it based upon what TFP said in the quoted statement above. If TFP did buy said asset then the next step would be to see what IG wants for compensation for the work they did on the latest update. Which means buying the console game in it's current state would cost money, and the update would cost more money. I don't know where said company would expect to then turn a profit on a game that has been out for a couple of years now. Seems to me that anyone who wants to pickup where TTG left off is going to be fighting an uphill battle.

I worked for a company that filed for bankruptcy and all of the info for our company was public record during the entire bankruptcy process. So it would be nice to hear from TFP so that we can have an adult conversation about what could and what actually might happen in the future.

Let's all be adults and try to have a civil conversation and see if we can have our discussion lead to TFP posting anything so we have a better idea of what is going on.

I know it might not be an idea some like, but I would be willing to support TFP if they did pickup the console version and finished the update. Even if it was considered DLC and I had to pay for it.

Curious to everyone elses thoughts.

meganoth
02-27-2019, 04:56 PM
Ok, if we keep it open let's have a serious discussion then. This is what TFP said at the start of this thread.
"Upon hearing the news, The Fun Pimps immediately terminated its license agreement with Telltale, which only allowed publishing rights on the console ports of the 7 Days to Die game. The termination also severed Telltale’s rights to any future updates or sequels of the 7 Days to Die franchise."

So if they ended TTG rights to publish the console port and updates then what is left to purchase. I would assume potential buyers would be purchasing the console version in it's current state. If purchased that company would need to acquire rights from TFP to make updates for the console version. Right?? So logic would be only TFP would really want to purchase the asset of the game for console in it's current state. As any one else buying it couldn't do anything with it based upon what TFP said in the quoted statement above. If TFP did buy said asset then the next step would be to see what IG wants for compensation for the work they did on the latest update. Which means buying the console game in it's current state would cost money, and the update would cost more money. I don't know where said company would expect to then turn a profit on a game that has been out for a couple of years now. Seems to me that anyone who wants to pickup where TTG left off is going to be fighting an uphill battle.

I worked for a company that filed for bankruptcy and all of the info for our company was public record during the entire bankruptcy process. So it would be nice to hear from TFP so that we can have an adult conversation about what could and what actually might happen in the future.

Let's all be adults and try to have a civil conversation and see if we can have our discussion lead to TFP posting anything so we have a better idea of what is going on.

I know it might not be an idea some like, but I would be willing to support TFP if they did pickup the console version and finished the update. Even if it was considered DLC and I had to pay for it.

Curious to everyone elses thoughts.

You put the finger on a detail that escaped me completely. If we assume that a potential buyer other than TFP would need publishing rights to KEEP the old version in the stores it drops the value of the auctioned IP considerably. Because a potential buyer can't hope to profit from the long tail immediately. (See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_tail ). Especially since the PC version will still generate some news in media that long tale could still generate a sizable revenue over a long time that might generate interest, but that easy way for profit is closed off.

Therefore:

1) Without the long tail income the auction will be of interest to anyone else but TFP only for two reasons: To make a quick buck by blackmailing TFP to buy the rights from them for a slightly higher price or coerce TFP to enter a partnership with them, in this case hoping for the profit from the long tail. Both seem to me far-fetched but possible.

2) Because most likely there will be no other bidder though, TFP could get it reasonably cheap. Depending on the auction rules they might still have to guess what the minimum bid is (no clue if there might be one or not)

So winning the auction is probably not the big money sink, further development could be. Depending on the quality of the source now developing the nearly-finished version to release could be commercially viable with the long tail covering the costs. A further update to PC version 0.17, 0.18 or 1.0 on the other hand might be a substantial money sink without matching income.

TFP has a few reasons they might be willing to foot the bill:
1) Their name is on the line, console customers won't differentiate between telltale and TFP, especially after telltale is just distant history.
2) The long tail
3) They might feel an obligation to all customers of their "baby"
4) Generating good will makes even bussiness sense as it might drive PC sales if word-of-mouth is good. Word-of-mouth crosses platform boundaries because console players can have PC player friends
5) An addon/expansion on the console could actually generate profit in the future (but only after 1.0 on PC, I don't think console players in general would pay for alpha16 or any other alpha as a DLC)

I think your hope for more info from TFP about their plans is a lost hope: A lawyer in movies tells his client the second he comes into the room: "Don't talk. Let me do the talking". That sentence may be a cliche, but I'm sure their lawyer gave them a similar advice. Just saying, you are fighting an uphill battle.

maughanorama
02-28-2019, 09:49 AM
You asked questions. If you just wanted to do a rhetoric soap-box speech, more indication of that might be advisable.

If you don't like merry-go-rounds, why do you continue to post in this thread? <-- this is a real question, not rhetorical.

do what ??

i did no such soap box speech i meerly stated that this thread is dead along with the console version of this game. the fact you lot are still hanging in there awaiting for some miracle to happen and tfp to magically release something is a joke.

SLY please shut this pointless thread down as its gone way offtopic from the original post

tired gamer
02-28-2019, 04:21 PM
do what ??

i did no such soap box speech i meerly stated that this thread is dead along with the console version of this game. the fact you lot are still hanging in there awaiting for some miracle to happen and tfp to magically release something is a joke.

SLY please shut this pointless thread down as its gone way offtopic from the original post

Why shut this thread down? i'm sure there are plenty of people who have an interest in this game and come here to see if there's any news. Some people seem to take pleasure in announcing that 'the console version is dead',.... well it might not get any more updates but i'm keeping my fingers crossed and will continue to check here for any news or rumours, in the meantime i shall carry on surviving.......

POUND YOU SILLY
02-28-2019, 06:19 PM
Nothing wrong with hope. I enjoy 7dtd like it is. It's still one of the best creative games out there. It needs many long overdue patches/fixes.

But I still turn to 7dtd when I want to build a cool house or a cool bunker or even a military base. To me survival was fun but only for a short while. I learned how to use every item in the crafting menu and now I can build pretty much anything

skillz_over_9000
02-28-2019, 10:27 PM
Nothing wrong with hope. I enjoy 7dtd like it is. It's still one of the best creative games out there. It needs many long overdue patches/fixes.

But I still turn to 7dtd when I want to build a cool house or a cool bunker or even a military base. To me survival was fun but only for a short while. I learned how to use every item in the crafting menu and now I can build pretty much anything

Its still fun but usually around day 40 the game gets kinda pointless. The zombies are limited, the hordes are limited and really all you need to make is a kill pit and you have no worries at all. The game really needs the new zombie types and AI to add a challenge again.

POUND YOU SILLY
03-01-2019, 01:22 AM
Its still fun but usually around day 40 the game gets kinda pointless. The zombies are limited, the hordes are limited and really all you need to make is a kill pit and you have no worries at all. The game really needs the new zombie types and AI to add a challenge again.

I dont disagree with you. But like I said I play for creative building now. Zombies are off and supply drops are off. Literally I play to build cool things without them

AmishMan53
03-02-2019, 07:17 PM
came to check if any news, still nothing. Points I want to address as i feel what i have to say provides a different perspective (and i generally am good at articulating some things)

1. The game is dead - Not quite accurate. The game should be dead. The game is kept alive only by the players still following it. Realistically, the game won't have an update anytime soon, and the problem with that is, that update isn't guaranteed. Long term play on console is virtually pointless, with MD5 being a thing still and the challenge virtually stops before that becomes a major headache. You can't enjoy challenge, and you can't enjoy build mechanics much either. Those who still stick to this game, how and why? Tbh, it's a great thing you can still find enjoyment, but ultimately the playerbase still keeping to this game at this time isn't big enough on console to warrant further patching from a business standpoint, and in turn is also the reason why the players should move on - hence the game should be dead.

2. This thread should be closed - Very true. Someone stated newcomers coming to ask about things... how many console newcomers do you really think will be coming? Nobody at this time should be recommending this game to someone. This game has been on console for a very long time and those interested in it already have it. "new" people coming here are likely just people who already had the game like myself, checking on updates or still unaware of the events wondering where the next patch is. Until new information is shared, which sounds confirmed to not be for a couple of months, their really isn't anything to discuss or any questions that haven't been answered, so this thread is ultimately pointless now.

3. The defending of any of these companies - Shouldn't be happening at all. TFP owns the IP, it's their job to oversee the usage in any regard. Look at nintendo, they are one of the worst for attacking anyone using their franchises for anything they didn't specifically allow. The reason they do this is because it reflects on them. When Nintendo does back something they put their logo on it assuring Nintendo quality, which to say the least is of high standards. If TFP cared about this franchise, they would have overseen everything, or held off until the PC product was done so they can devote resources towards the console ports and ensure it's done right. IG and TTG literally never gave any solid information about what was ever going on behind the scenes. The playerbase was in the dark until a week before patch.. every.. time. Even for the unreleased content they were working on before all of this, what we know is some bugs (no idea which ones) and an engine upgrade with some content. We have nothing specific to have an actual reason to be excited for the update, and over the several months they could have guaranteed some things that will make it, but still wouldn't even speak up on those. The business relations between all three was so broken that even TFP didn't know that console was going to fail until the players themselves knew. Why would i ever trust TFP products on console in the future? IG? As sad as it is, theirs no point asking why i should trust TTG, they dead as a business now.

I just wanted to share my perspective. I've been playing ark and i just happened to think of 7 days while awaiting my friend to get online, figured i would see if anything new had been mentioned. By coming back here and seeing their hasn't been any communication, even a "nothing has changed" statement from TFP, tells me they don't care if the playerbase dies. Any developer who doesn't want their playerbase to leave provides some interactions to help keep that playerbase around. Consider the possibility that they know the odds of being able to fix this mess is extremely low, and the correct decision business-wise for them is to let this console port die. They don't want to say "move on people" because that is just bad, but they can't say stick around either, i'll even maybe say it's for our sake that they aren't communicating at all to the console players. Just a potential situation on their end, but i'm no quantum physicist and have no idea if that's our reality.

tresplot
03-02-2019, 11:10 PM
I don't think I want to read all that. =(

POUND YOU SILLY
03-03-2019, 04:39 AM
I don't think I want to read all that. =(

I second that

03-03-2019, 08:41 AM
I have since turned to the PC version , even if they got the rights back today it would still probably take them 1-4 years to hit a17 on console, Better to just bite the bullet by now.

meganoth
03-04-2019, 02:45 PM
came to check if any news, still nothing. Points I want to address as i feel what i have to say provides a different perspective (and i generally am good at articulating some things)

1. The game is dead - Not quite accurate. The game should be dead. The game is kept alive only by the players still following it. Realistically, the game won't have an update anytime soon, and the problem with that is, that update isn't guaranteed. Long term play on console is virtually pointless, with MD5 being a thing still and the challenge virtually stops before that becomes a major headache. You can't enjoy challenge, and you can't enjoy build mechanics much either. Those who still stick to this game, how and why? Tbh, it's a great thing you can still find enjoyment, but ultimately the playerbase still keeping to this game at this time isn't big enough on console to warrant further patching from a business standpoint, and in turn is also the reason why the players should move on - hence the game should be dead.

2. This thread should be closed - Very true. Someone stated newcomers coming to ask about things... how many console newcomers do you really think will be coming? Nobody at this time should be recommending this game to someone. This game has been on console for a very long time and those interested in it already have it. "new" people coming here are likely just people who already had the game like myself, checking on updates or still unaware of the events wondering where the next patch is. Until new information is shared, which sounds confirmed to not be for a couple of months, their really isn't anything to discuss or any questions that haven't been answered, so this thread is ultimately pointless now.

3. The defending of any of these companies - Shouldn't be happening at all. TFP owns the IP, it's their job to oversee the usage in any regard. Look at nintendo, they are one of the worst for attacking anyone using their franchises for anything they didn't specifically allow. The reason they do this is because it reflects on them. When Nintendo does back something they put their logo on it assuring Nintendo quality, which to say the least is of high standards. If TFP cared about this franchise, they would have overseen everything, or held off until the PC product was done so they can devote resources towards the console ports and ensure it's done right. IG and TTG literally never gave any solid information about what was ever going on behind the scenes. The playerbase was in the dark until a week before patch.. every.. time. Even for the unreleased content they were working on before all of this, what we know is some bugs (no idea which ones) and an engine upgrade with some content. We have nothing specific to have an actual reason to be excited for the update, and over the several months they could have guaranteed some things that will make it, but still wouldn't even speak up on those. The business relations between all three was so broken that even TFP didn't know that console was going to fail until the players themselves knew. Why would i ever trust TFP products on console in the future? IG? As sad as it is, theirs no point asking why i should trust TTG, they dead as a business now.

I just wanted to share my perspective. I've been playing ark and i just happened to think of 7 days while awaiting my friend to get online, figured i would see if anything new had been mentioned. By coming back here and seeing their hasn't been any communication, even a "nothing has changed" statement from TFP, tells me they don't care if the playerbase dies. Any developer who doesn't want their playerbase to leave provides some interactions to help keep that playerbase around. Consider the possibility that they know the odds of being able to fix this mess is extremely low, and the correct decision business-wise for them is to let this console port die. They don't want to say "move on people" because that is just bad, but they can't say stick around either, i'll even maybe say it's for our sake that they aren't communicating at all to the console players. Just a potential situation on their end, but i'm no quantum physicist and have no idea if that's our reality.

1. As long as 7days is unique enough the game has a chance in the market IMHO, even after a year or two. Nobody has a reliable count of players waiting for the next version on console. A release of the version that Iron Galaxy nearly finished in maybe a year from now will be a good indicator though.

Do players need to play a game continuously to stick with it? Do players tend to try out a game even after a few years if news of a new version gets around? These are questions TFP has to answer to know how much support they want to give the console version after that.

2. Where would be the place to share your points 1 and 3, if not this thread? I don't know who said "newcomers", maybe he just meant new **forum users** who have not heard any news lately and might want to ask about that. I at least meant just that in previous posts.

3. I agree that TFP is partly responsible for the damage. Not because they could have foreseen the bancrupty but because they (or their lawyer) failed to make sure that it was advertised correctly on console as an alpha game. Maybe they didn't care or thought it a good plan too, maybe they were too inexperienced to close all loop holes. Maybe telltale convincingly told them they would create a fully finished version with just the features of one of the alphas and maybe even telltale thought this would be no problem. It is quite common in the games industry that plans fail, sometimes horribly.

That said, was the console version really a fail? Usually games there cost 60$ upwards at release, this was sold at much less and offered much less. For people who want bug-free polished games it probably still was, anyone else probably had hours of fun and it only hurts now to see a much advanced PC-version in the distance that could have been on console too and might never get there.

Any grievance you have against TTG/IG's information policies should stay with TTG/IG though. If a company licences something to another company it can't and doesn't want to micro-manage that afterwards, especially if we are talking about a small developer.

It still is a small developer and posting "no news" is a senseless activity. But yes, you have a point: The best course for a customer relationship department would be to treat the customers like small kids. "Are we there yet?". "Are we there yet?". "Can we play a game?". Sounds familiar? :cocksure: . And because your theory is as good as any, maybe it should be posted somewhere, either for other players to not get their hopes up too much or pressure TFP to step up their babysitting efforts :smile-new:

NinjaMonkey
03-05-2019, 04:44 PM
I've been lurking on this forum for awhile now checking back every now and then for updates. I used to put a lot of time into this game on console and had a lot of fun doing so, but it's rather disheartening so see the lack of transparency from the developer on the future of the console version.

It would be nice to at least hear something. Anything. Even if the news is simply the situation is still being worked on. Anything to at least give a glimmer of hope the console version hasn't been given up on. This just leaving people who've bought and supported this game in the dark for so long now is a bad way of doing business and isn't showing much care towards the fan base.

If this thread is showing anything at all, it's that people are growing increasingly frustrated towards the lack of any news whatsoever. Literally anything coming straight from the source means more than just staying silent. Console fans will loose interest and give up on this game eventually. I know I'm getting real close. Don't let this become a too little too late situation should new content actually make it out in the future.

SylenThunder
03-05-2019, 05:58 PM
There isn't anything new to tell. It's a waiting game.

The Auction is happening sometime after 9 April 2019, which is when the deadline to register claims is. Until after information on that is provided from Sherwood Partners publicly, or to TFP, there is zero new information to be had.

NinjaMonkey
03-05-2019, 06:23 PM
Understood. Thanks for the information. Looks like I had missed this.

Bulldog44
03-11-2019, 03:25 PM
Posting this just to keep the hope on life support. :)

docz2521
03-12-2019, 12:30 AM
has anyone else noticed some new things today on 7 days to die?

Luckystrike2778
03-12-2019, 03:58 AM
has anyone else noticed some new things today on 7 days to die?

Just old bugs creeping in and the game lagging bad af even in local game by myself. My new computer gets here tomorrow though so not worried as I once was about this. Been creeping n reading for months. Been hoping. Ill miss playing this on console.

Jadesteele
03-12-2019, 08:14 AM
hopefully you won't have to miss it - after all, when april 9th has passed, hopefully TFP and IG will have managed to get the console rights from TellFail and will be able to go on with the console version of A17.

meganoth
03-12-2019, 03:03 PM
hopefully you won't have to miss it - after all, when april 9th has passed, hopefully TFP and IG will have managed to get the console rights from TellFail and will be able to go on with the console version of A17.

Just to make it clear, April 9 is only the date of the submission deadline. Sherwood Partners will probably waste weeks with checking the bids (7d2d isn't the only asset auctioned off).

Ghostlocassio
03-12-2019, 03:10 PM
I think It's stupid your company made the game they should have the right to take it back

fyiiamaheavy
03-12-2019, 05:59 PM
Failtale really screwed the funpimps I hope they sue them after they get the rights back

Luckystrike2778
03-12-2019, 08:34 PM
Failtale really screwed the funpimps I hope they sue them after they get the rights back

Wont be anyone to sue after this auction really._. TT will be disolved after that wont it?

skillz_over_9000
03-12-2019, 09:37 PM

The Funpimps who had no intention of bringing the game to consol got screwed? No they screwed the players by not making a better deal to have oversight of what was being made. Fun Pimps had 0 care for consol players until someone wanted to buy the rights to port it. Had there been oversight since day 1 this may not have happened or at least they would understand what they have to work with.

ZombieHoG
03-13-2019, 12:40 PM
snip
Fun Pimps had 0 care for consol players until someone wanted to buy the rights to port it. Had there been oversight since day 1 this may not have happened or at least they would understand what they have to work with.

hard words for someone who posts them on a forum supported from TFP...

skillz_over_9000
03-13-2019, 02:22 PM
snip

hard words for someone who posts them on a forum supported from TFP...

that isnt monitored by tfp, that tfp dont post updates too and has largely been abandoned by the players. As others have said this thread is more for venting frustration over the lack of everything involving consols that actual reliable info

Son
03-13-2019, 04:24 PM
♥♥♥♥ this game ��

Maggot_8741
03-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Just old bugs creeping in and the game lagging bad af even in local game by myself. My new computer gets here tomorrow though so not worried as I once was about this. Been creeping n reading for months. Been hoping. Ill miss playing this on console.

U got pc just run off into the sunset with it and dont look back cause u wont be missing anything on this unfinished disasterpiece. Lol

----peace enjoy the game bro the way its meant to be played im gonnna join u there someday someday hopefully soon (single tear rolls down my cheek)

Batpig93
03-17-2019, 11:22 PM
some of you aren't used to things going your way...

the game cost half of what new games cost (to me at least, some of you got it at less than that), there isn't anything else like this on console, and April 9th is around the corner. I doubt we will hear anything on the 10th so give it until May at least. Be patient. Go on creative mode, try different seed names (WnJ is excellent), build something no one else has before, try on impossible settings.

if you don't like this game, move on, what are you even doing on this forum anyways?

meganoth
03-18-2019, 09:36 PM
Had there been oversight since day 1 this may not have happened or at least they would understand what they have to work with.

TFP is a small indie developer, but sure, they could have hired a controller who would have done... what exactly?

Stm125champ
03-19-2019, 02:17 PM
Have an idea just start on 7days two die ,get it? Tons of people enjoy this game on console.

POUND YOU SILLY
03-20-2019, 03:57 AM
Have an idea just start on 7days two die ,get it? Tons of people enjoy this game on console.

I actually agree. It would be even bigger with the right support. This game is fun. The concept is awesome. But everyone knows what the problems are that plague it. Not to mention lack of big updates. In it's current state it is way behind in times. But imagine a 7 days to die with no bugs, better graphics, smarter ai's and added blocks/ building materials. If 7dtd was up to date my friends would easily get back on it

SylenThunder
03-20-2019, 05:23 AM
Again, TFP would need to finish 7DTD first. It's also been said that their next planned game is not intended to be a sequel to 7DTD.

Luckystrike2778
03-20-2019, 05:38 AM
I returned the comp i got. It was overrated and a blatent false advertisement. Couldnt do anything but casually surf the web n type on it. Long story short, im back to console only atm. Been playing a seed called "DaysGoneBy0419" w/o the quotes of course. Numerous towns n traders. Water isnt in your way too much at all. Load it in creative and drive around it for at least an hour. I think many will enjoy it. I know 04/19 isnt release date for that game but its close n best number combo than other tries._. Shoot me FR if any of u wanna play sometime. Luckystrike2778

Dr_Octavious
03-20-2019, 02:29 PM
Is there any way to raise money to help out the PIMPS win back the rights?

Ninjadude860
03-20-2019, 08:56 PM
is there new stuff? i have not been in game in a while but want to get back in if there is a update.

skillz_over_9000
03-20-2019, 09:56 PM
is there new stuff? i have not been in game in a while but want to get back in if there is a update.

Nope console players havent seen any additions in at least a year

- - - Updated - - -

TFP is a small indie developer, but sure, they could have hired a controller who would have done... what exactly?

well as the name suggest that company would have oversaw the porting of the game and any future updates. TFP was quick to sell the rights for some quick cash so i find it hard to believe they will care what happens to us one way or another

maughanorama
03-21-2019, 12:39 PM

pfffhahahahahahahaha

meganoth
03-21-2019, 01:52 PM

Read the first post of this thread. In short: The publisher doing the console port went bankrupt, the rights to the port are auctioned of in a few months. TFP wants to aquire the port and continue the work but realistically this will take months to get any results.

well as the name suggest that company would have oversaw the porting of the game and any future updates. TFP was quick to sell the rights for some quick cash so i find it hard to believe they will care what happens to us one way or another

I'm pretty sure what would have happened if Telltale had not bought the rights to port it: Then there would be no console version of 7d2d, at least not now.

TFP has no experience with console, they would have thought about a console version only after release of the PC version. If they had tried to hire IG themselves they would have had to do all the tasks a publisher has to do and front the money for the porting. This is not something you suddenly start doing as a developer in the middle of your early alpha development. If it wasn't your plan from the beginning you would think about that again when you are finished with the game and have some free time.

You would have got 7d2d around end of 2020 at the earliest, if at all. TFP might simply have shied away from console porting because they would have thought it too difficult to port the release version to the very limiting hardware of the console. TFP has also postponed a few features for after release, This might also divert them from even thinking about a console port later.

Lots of console games never surface on PC, lots of PC games never surface on console. Chances are good you should even say thank you to Telltale because they were the driving force behind the console port even if they couldn't finish it. And now TFP seems to feel obligated to finish what was started which they surely would not feel if there never had been a console port.

tired gamer
03-21-2019, 02:09 PM
I bought the game on console on release and have put hundreds of hours into it, i've got my money's worth and am fully satisfied with the game as a whole.
And if i'd never seen the pc version i would be none the wiser, i wish TFP all the best and hope something could be worked out, if not that's a shame but i'm still glad i bought the game.

Bulldog44
03-21-2019, 03:31 PM
I bought the game on console on release and have put hundreds of hours into it, i've got my money's worth and am fully satisfied with the game as a whole.
And if i'd never seen the pc version i would be none the wiser, i wish TFP all the best and hope something could be worked out, if not that's a shame but i'm still glad i bought the game.

Agreed. Would I like updates, of course. I paid a bit over 20 bucks and since I bought my copy convinced a few others to as well and had one of my closest friends who got tired of having to wait till I got home so he could play my game, purchase his own console and the game. From just those who have played on my PS4, myself included, the cost in regards to entertainment has been close to .05 cent per hour. This game is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have had the crap scared out of me too many times to count, have scared the crap out of my friends so much we still laugh about it, have laughed at myself and with others so much it is almost shameful. I would be happy to hear some great news that there was going to be an updated console version or a 2nd release or anything but I bought the game as is and am completely satisfied.

Bulldog44
03-21-2019, 03:36 PM

Agreed. Would I like updates, of course. I paid a bit over 20 bucks and since I bought my copy convinced a few others to as well and had one of my closest friends who got tired of having to wait till I got home so he could play my game, purchase his own console and the game. From just those who have played on my PS4, myself included, the cost in regards to entertainment has been close to .05 cent per hour. This game is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I have had the crap scared out of me too many times to count, have scared the crap out of my friends so much we still laugh about it, have laughed at myself and with others so much it is almost shameful. I would be happy to hear some great news that there was going to be an updated console version or a 2nd release or anything but I bought the game as is and am completely satisfied.

Edit: A game on the horizon that I am highly interested in ( I have zero affiliation with anything regarding the game or company ) is in early release for PC only but fingers crossed for a working console, Outlaws Of The Old West. I am tired of the zombie games but I love the building exploring upgrading survival aspects. Have many ideas on basis for a few of them but no connection or idea how to market it.

skillz_over_9000
03-25-2019, 07:06 PM
Read the first post of this thread. In short: The publisher doing the console port went bankrupt, the rights to the port are auctioned of in a few months. TFP wants to aquire the port and continue the work but realistically this will take months to get any results.

I'm pretty sure what would have happened if Telltale had not bought the rights to port it: Then there would be no console version of 7d2d, at least not now.

TFP has no experience with console, they would have thought about a console version only after release of the PC version. If they had tried to hire IG themselves they would have had to do all the tasks a publisher has to do and front the money for the porting. This is not something you suddenly start doing as a developer in the middle of your early alpha development. If it wasn't your plan from the beginning you would think about that again when you are finished with the game and have some free time.

You would have got 7d2d around end of 2020 at the earliest, if at all. TFP might simply have shied away from console porting because they would have thought it too difficult to port the release version to the very limiting hardware of the console. TFP has also postponed a few features for after release, This might also divert them from even thinking about a console port later.

Lots of console games never surface on PC, lots of PC games never surface on console. Chances are good you should even say thank you to Telltale because they were the driving force behind the console port even if they couldn't finish it. And now TFP seems to feel obligated to finish what was started which they surely would not feel if there never had been a console port.

At this point they are trying to save face. They had nothing to do with the port of the game they sold the rights and walked away. Even at that they sold the rights to an unfinished game and at the time it was already behind PC development. TFP has done nothing to help consol players up to this point. They have not helped with the port, they have not helped with the updates etc. Which is weird considering their branding is all over the consol version of the game and you would assume with some foresight they would want to protect their image. Yes this game is $20-$30 but on the other hand so is the forest which is infinitely smoother, so is subnautica which looks loads better. I personally think when this was ported there should have been a disclaimer that the port was/is an unfinished version of the game. If this was marketed as a beta then nobody could really complain

meganoth
03-25-2019, 10:47 PM
At this point they are trying to save face. They had nothing to do with the port of the game they sold the rights and walked away. Even at that they sold the rights to an unfinished game and at the time it was already behind PC development. TFP has done nothing to help consol players up to this point. They have not helped with the port, they have not helped with the updates etc. Which is weird considering their branding is all over the consol version of the game and you would assume with some foresight they would want to protect their image. Yes this game is $20-$30 but on the other hand so is the forest which is infinitely smoother, so is subnautica which looks loads better. I personally think when this was ported there should have been a disclaimer that the port was/is an unfinished version of the game. If this was marketed as a beta then nobody could really complain

It should have been even marketed as an alpha or better as an early access game, I agree with you on this one. But I don't know if Sony would have allowed it on the console with such a label.

They outsourced console development completely. I don't see that as a problem. Did Iron Galaxy developers say that questions about the code were not answered by TFP? If yes, that would be damaging in itself and also different to what TFP is claiming. Or did IG developers say that they weren't introduced to the code in the beginning of the development? That also would be damaging info about TFP just "walking away" immediately after signing the contract.

If no to both, then what is the problem? These are the two things I would expect and want from a company who's code I had to port to a platform only I know.

About the console version being behind PC development: TFP seems to have not made any running intermediate versions of the game between alphas, i.e. the code was completely broken between alphas while they implemented new features (this is info I heard last year from one of the developers themselves).
So IG could not really use bleeding edge code from TFP and port it (if they want to test their stuff on console and not blindly porting without knowing where the actual problems lie), They had to use the then current alpha and start from there, even if that alpha was already out for a few months.

SylenThunder
03-26-2019, 12:50 AM
Did Iron Galaxy developers say that questions about the code were not answered by TFP? If yes, that would be damaging in itself and also different to what TFP is claiming. Or did IG developers say that they weren't introduced to the code in the beginning of the development? That also would be damaging info about TFP just "walking away" immediately after signing the contract.

The answer to both is a definite no. There's even a video explaining how it all works, and multiple comments from both TFP and Claire attesting to the fact that TFP and IG openly discussed code, and how things worked. To the point that a couple of PC fixes actually hit the console first.

KILLJOYAYDEN
03-26-2019, 01:25 AM
Sounds like telltale is clinging to any kind of revenue they can make

Lmnopnis
03-26-2019, 04:36 AM
There sure is a bunch of naysayers and negativity popping up in this thread. People need to cool their jets and be a little patient. At least until after the Telltale asset auction.

Batpig93
03-26-2019, 04:50 AM
There sure is a bunch of naysayers and negativity popping up in this thread. People need to cool their jets and be a little patient. At least until after the Telltale asset auction.

Been saying that. Lots of people here just arenít used to not getting their way or something. We are all frustrated but coming on to here to seems to be the whatís keeping this thread alive. That and the hope that something will happen soon. Iím sure there will another thread soon after we get more news.

skillz_over_9000
03-26-2019, 09:45 PM
Been saying that. Lots of people here just arenít used to not getting their way or something. We are all frustrated but coming on to here to seems to be the whatís keeping this thread alive. That and the hope that something will happen soon. Iím sure there will another thread soon after we get more news.

People are unhappy over the lack of information and the fact the promised update (that was well over a year of build up) didnt happen. You can't really blame consol players for being upset, for a year they were told things are gonna happen with no real idea of what that even meant. Maybe it was items, maybe it was paint, maybe it was an engine update who knows. After all that time we were told nothing more than well this company when out of business so the update is canceled oh and by the way you may never see an update in the future. Again, if this was marketed as a beta, early access etc. then people couldnt complain but it was sold as a complete game and since day 1 that simply wasnt true.

To be honest even if TFP said next month they were taking it over consol players would likely have many more months to wait for anything. Realistically were talking late 2019- early 2020 (if not longer) for updates that PC has had since 2017. It's more than a bit maddening and unacceptable

Luckystrike2778
03-27-2019, 05:32 AM
Well i dont mind the wait and all but this limbo shark is getting old. I have an online game my brother n I have been playing pong fine until an hour ago. It keeps disconnecting me as soon as or right after the world loads and of course good plaguestation blames my internet and says all their garbage is up and running green. I have been in a party talking online with my brother while it blames my internet. This game is breaking more and more every damn day and it is pure rainbows when you can't even play the damn thing the way it was and is advertised that you can and should be able to. I know it isn't supposedly plaguestation and sure isn't my or my brothers internet as he lives next door so that leaves this games files as the culprit and if i can't play what i paid for that they advertised as a finished damned product is a load of bubblegum someone needs to eat.

LordSos91
03-27-2019, 06:02 AM
Well MP servers on console seem to be down all day now, only loads sp many on facebook same thing

nbsbeakers
03-28-2019, 02:12 PM
Dear FunPimps. Unfortunately I have to inform you that today I have sent a request for refund of the purchase price to the Playstation Support. The reason is the lack of updates for console players.

Freestyle604
03-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Nbsbeakers, you didn't pay TFP for the game. You need to ask Telltale Games for your refund. Since they applied for bankruptcy, I doubt you will get your refund. I feel your anger, but it is pointed in the wrong direction.

SylenThunder
03-28-2019, 06:39 PM
Nbsbeakers, you didn't pay TFP for the game. You need to ask Telltale Games for your refund. Since they applied for bankruptcy, I doubt you will get your refund. I feel your anger, but it is pointed in the wrong direction.
Plus there's the whole 14-day 2 hours played rule on refunds.

davethebakerx2
03-29-2019, 03:09 PM
I don't want to sound like a jerk but why not just make a new game, seriously its been what a year. At somee point i wont want an update ill have moved on to another game

sandman2838
03-29-2019, 08:56 PM
I don't want to sound like a jerk but why not just make a new game, seriously its been what a year. At somee point i wont want an update ill have moved on to another game

To do that TFP would have to admit that this game is a failure and I doubt they are capable of admitting that. That being said, the biggest problem to plague the console version has apparently raised its ugly head on PC. I'm beginning to see reports of terrain rewrites. Of course everyone knows that terrain rewrites are strictly a problem for xbox because Microsoft screwed things, right!

skillz_over_9000
03-29-2019, 09:42 PM
To do that TFP would have to admit that this game is a failure and I doubt they are capable of admitting that. That being said, the biggest problem to plague the console version has apparently raised its ugly head on PC. I'm beginning to see reports of terrain rewrites. Of course everyone knows that terrain rewrites are strictly a problem for xbox because Microsoft screwed things, right!

Of course didnt you know all the issues that have hit consol players since day 1 are totally due to the fact that all consols suck. They just cant handle a game this demanding what with all the ♥♥♥♥ty textures, low quality animation and cookie cutout locations.

SylenThunder
03-30-2019, 01:42 AM
More realistically...

In order to do that, TFP would have to be finished making 7DTD. They aren't yet.

Remember that Telltale and Iron Galaxy made the console port, not TFP.

sandman2838
03-30-2019, 02:13 AM
More realistically...

In order to do that, TFP would have to be finished making 7DTD. They aren't yet.

Remember that Telltale and Iron Galaxy made the console port, not TFP.

Are you still using that excuse! Seriously, one minute console is complete, the next its not! One minute TFP is supplying updates to Telltale, the next they had nothing to do with console.

The fact is, the biggest problems with console have been rearing their ugly head in PC, yet some still cling to the line that somehow, TFP is not responsible for the console problems. When will you, and TFP accept the fact that some of their decisions were flawed?

SylenThunder
03-30-2019, 04:14 AM
Are you still using that excuse! Seriously, one minute console is complete, the next its not! One minute TFP is supplying updates to Telltale, the next they had nothing to do with console.

I was specifically speaking of the PC version. That's the one TFP is working on. They aren't going to start working on another game until the one they finish is done. I doubt that they will port the next game to console before it's completely finished, given the shenanigans with TellTale.

meganoth
03-30-2019, 02:13 PM

This is a prime example of how to make dishonest arguments. Since "have nothing to do with console" is quite unspecific and not the exact opposite of "supplying update" you are producing a strawman. Not even you could say you had nothing to do with the console version since you seem to have played it.

Please cite SylenThunders exact words with links to the posts where he supposedly contradicts himself.

davethebakerx2
03-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Which will be out first, the console update we were promised more then a year ago or dead island �� 2. Mmmmmmm. I would not take that bet either way.

Bulldog44
04-01-2019, 12:50 AM
Which will be out first, the console update we were promised more then a year ago or dead island �� 2. Mmmmmmm. I would not take that bet either way.

I would think "7 days to dead island 2" would be out first.

skillz_over_9000
04-01-2019, 03:29 PM
I was specifically speaking of the PC version. That's the one TFP is working on. They aren't going to start working on another game until the one they finish is done. I doubt that they will port the next game to console before it's completely finished, given the shenanigans with TellTale.

Why are we talking about PC version in the console thread? Nobody cares about PC they will continue to get updates as they always have. The problem is TFP is now trying to make it seem like they care about the consol players and that they always had our back when that isnt true. As for porting another game um no i would never buy another game with TFP branding on it. How a game can be sold 6 years later and still be considered incomplete is beyond me. DLC, quality of life updates are ok but this game is busted

meganoth
04-01-2019, 05:05 PM
Why are we talking about PC version in the console thread? Nobody cares about PC they will continue to get updates as they always have. The problem is TFP is now trying to make it seem like they care about the consol players and that they always had our back when that isnt true.

Where did they ever say anything similar to "had your back"? I checked the official message at the start of this thread and console support is only mentioned 1) in that they couldn't get bankrupt Telltale to agree on a deal to transfer that support to them and 2) a promise to continue to get a deal to "to aid console players in the future". See the word "future" there? There never was a direct involvement of TFP in the console support as of now.

hugojheredia
04-01-2019, 05:17 PM
finally arrived April ... to see if we have any news.

skillz_over_9000
04-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Where did they ever say anything similar to "had your back"? I checked the official message at the start of this thread and console support is only mentioned 1) in that they couldn't get bankrupt Telltale to agree on a deal to transfer that support to them and 2) a promise to continue to get a deal to "to aid console players in the future". See the word "future" there? There never was a direct involvement of TFP in the console support as of now.

Right other than they designed the game, sold the rights and have their name all over the consol version. But ya other than that your totally right

SylenThunder
04-01-2019, 11:47 PM
Why are we talking about PC version in the console thread? Nobody cares about PC they will continue to get updates as they always have. The problem is TFP is now trying to make it seem like they care about the consol players and that they always had our back when that isnt true. As for porting another game um no i would never buy another game with TFP branding on it. How a game can be sold 6 years later and still be considered incomplete is beyond me. DLC, quality of life updates are ok but this game is busted
Well, let's lay out some simple facts here.

How did this side-discussion start?
Someone (https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93089-Telltale-Update/page16&p=963140#post963140)asked why they don't just push out a sequel or another similar game.

Who created 7 Days to Die?
The Fun Pimps

Who ported the game to the console?
Iron Galaxy

Who sold the game on the console?
TellTale Games

Who killed the future of the console port?
TellTale Games

Who was putting together the next big update for the consoles?
Iron Galaxy

Why don't you have an update after a year?
TellTale Games

Who would be responsible for making a second game/sequel?
The Fun Pimps

Is the PC version of the game that The Fun Pimps developed finished?
No, it's still in Alpha development, but nearing the beta phase. Final release is currently expected to be in about a year.

Is the Console version of the game that TellTale published with Iron Galaxy developing finished?
Yes, it was sold as a completed version of Alpha 14.7. Any extra content added to the game is a bonus.

Would The Fun Pimps work on a second game before they are finished developing the first one?
No, because that would be dumb.

You on track now?

meganoth
04-02-2019, 01:37 AM
Right other than they designed the game, sold the rights and have their name all over the consol version. But ya other than that your totally right

About the name all over the console version: Then if Sony does a Spiderman movie, Marvel is directly involved because their name is all over the movie? Even if it is, how has that anything to do with your assertion that " TFP is now trying to make it seem [...] that they always had our back when that isnt true"?

About designing the game itself: What about the word "direct" didn't you understand? And even if we construct a responsibility from that, this still doesn't explain what you mean by " TFP is now trying to make it seem [...] that they always had our back when that isnt true".

Freestyle604
04-02-2019, 04:47 PM
"Is the Console version of the game that TellTale published with Iron Galaxy developing finished?
Yes, it was sold as a completed version of Alpha 14.7. Any extra content added to the game is a bonus"

If this statement is true, then the console version is done. There would be no reason TFP would pay to get anything back as there would be ZERO ROI for a completed game. Why would they spend resources for an update to a "finished game"

PO_Man_3849
04-02-2019, 05:22 PM
Because if they continue to develop the game and update the console version closer to PC, it would generate more sales on the console.
I love this game it's basically all my wife and I play, I'm not giving up hope yet!

Freestyle604
04-02-2019, 06:14 PM
Because if they continue to develop the game and update the console version closer to PC, it would generate more sales on the console.
I love this game it's basically all my wife and I play, I'm not giving up hope yet!

You do realize that the PC can do far more then the current consoles could ever do right? I don't see them continuing to update the console like the PC do to hardware limitations. I would love for you to be right, but I doubt that any additional sales will happen to the console, even if they get us that last update that IG was actually working on. Given we have heard nothing from anyone since this thread. I love it too, and was just hoping to get one more update to make things run smoother. Additional content would be awesome, but according to a previous post the console version was "sold as a complete game". Those are not my words.