Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 17 Experimental B231 bug reporting thread

Refugee
    HammerForge requires Int 5
    feels a little bit hard. I have gathered all the ressources and more to build one, and now I need 3 more skillpoints ergo levels to get the forge. I spent the first 4 skillpoints (quest) in the Int-Attribute. The next levels in cooking, 2 in agility, 1 in strength...just the necessary things.
    imho Forge should be at lvl 3.

Refugee
    I dont see this in the fixed or known issues section and it's a massive issue so I'll just post it again here:

Summary: Significant constant ground stutter/jitter
    Version: 221
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode: sp NAV

Did you wipe old saves? Y
    Did you start a new game? Y
    Did you validate your files? Y
    Are you using any mods? N
    EAC on or off ? off and on

Status: NEW (it might have already been reported but I cant find any "jitter" or "stutter" keywords in this thread.

Bug Description: Movement causes significant stutter/jitter, specifically on the ground. When looking upwards, the stutter isnt there. It's just evident when looking at the floor

Reproduce steps:

Just run the game, it's most evident on high framerate monitors (120hz+)

Result: Performance is a lot better for me in A17, but I can't play because of this issue

Video: https://youtu.be/kslzCMIJmlg

It's not as noticeable in the video (because of running at 60FPS) but it is still there.

Reddit post about it posted here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/7daystodie/...nt_stutter_at/

In that reddit post, user jazztickets seems to have some insight as to what might be going on, link to their reply here
    https://www.reddit.com/r/7daystodie/...ter_at/ebumxsd

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbiii View Post
    Summary: GPU 100% all time
    Version: all
    OS/Version: Windows 10 home 64bit
    Game mode: all

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no
    EAC on or off ? on/off

Bug Description: GPU full utilization all time (95-100%) - GTX960 MSI 4G 2 1/2 Years old, New Driver 12/12/2018 etc.
    CPU (AMD fx-8350) = 25-35%
    Ram ~4GB (4x 8GB total)
    EDIT: With LOW/MEDIUM Settings!!!

A Friend has a GTX 1060 and he has GPU ~60-80%, another Friend GTX1080ti = ~40-60%
    (sry for the bad english^^)
    Please tell me you are trolling...

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedread View Post
    feels a little bit hard. I have gathered all the ressources and more to build one, and now I need 3 more skillpoints ergo levels to get the forge. I spent the first 4 skillpoints (quest) in the Int-Attribute. The next levels in cooking, 2 in agility, 1 in strength...just the necessary things.
    No. If you wanted the forge that bad you would have specced in it. You cant have it all ways, and those perks you named are NOT necessities. Hard choices have to be made now with level gating gone. Intellect 3? Really?

Refugee
    Not a bug, but food/drink levels don't make any sense. Who starts suffering fatigue as soon as they're not stuffed 100% full? And I think I read that you can now overeat/drink past that, which makes no sense mathematically to be more than 100% sated. 100% should be completely full and count down similarly, but with, say, 50% being the threshold for stamina loss and then 0% for health to start dropping. The numbers can be tweaked of course, but losing stamina as soon as you dip below 100% just doesn't reflect reality.

Refugee
    Alpha 17 error: "Kernel 'KEyeHistogram' not found"
    Summary: when i appear in the world i have a black screen and a console full of error messages

Version: Alpha 17 Experimental B231/227/221/208/B197
    OS/Version: Linux, Ubuntu 18.04.1
    Game mode: any

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new save? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Bug Description:
    When i appear in the world i have a black screen with lagging hands and a console full of error messages like:

Kernel 'KEyeHistogram' not found

(Filename: Line: 352)

ArgumentException: Kernel 'KEyeHistogram' not found.
    at (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.ComputeShader:FindKernel (string)
    at UnityEngine.PostProcessing.EyeAdaptationComponent. Prepare (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.Material uberMaterial) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at UnityEngine.PostProcessing.PostProcessingBehaviour .OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Reproduce steps:
    1) create a new game or continue an old one
    Also I make video how to reproduce(it was in B208, but nothing changed) https://youtu.be/8wJqE-gXJz0

Link to logs on Pastebin(also fom B208): https://pastebin.com/AqnsAkzd

I tried to find the way how to fix the problem by myself and find this forum branch https://forum.unity.com/threads/new-...2#post-2840141
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/find...-fails.495908/
    It looks like this is an issue with a third-party package (Lighting Box) not being able to find a particular kernel in one of its compute shaders.
    Also I was found the other bug report on steam community reporting the same, but on KUbuntu 18.04 instead of Ubuntu(which basicly the same). Here is the link https://steamcommunity.com/app/25157...2487792059791/

Please at least add this issue to known issues, because I write same bug report three times alredy.
    Do you need something else from me on this bug? Any other kind of logs or some more details?

Hello Wasper! I am looking into this and will try to assist you on the matter.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 12-18-2018 at 07:30 PM.

Summary: Zombies fall down, and despite being 3-10 blocks down 1-2 seconds later "bash" and a block way out of reach is suddenly magically damaged. https://youtu.be/EebI45iYHDA

Version: Tested on b221, and b231.
    Navezgane, local.

EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: Zombies falling down every so often a second or 2 after falling down will do a "melee" animation, and a block far out of reach suddenly receives damage. It is as if the game saves the location where they fall, and any damage from a melee attack after the fact is transferred to around that location incorrectly.

See short video --> https://youtu.be/EebI45iYHDA .. the video is from b221 but I just verified the same happens under b231, but no time to refix a video when the same behaviour persists :P

Reproduce steps:

1)Build something zombies fall off.
    2) Watch them run on it, fall off
    3)and a bit later bash and damage occurs in an out of reach location

Actual result: damage to a non reachable block

Expected result:Nothing. Definitely not damage on a block far above the zombie.

Tracker
    Summary: Using a workbench to scrap items makes Items go POOF without giving resources.

Version: A17 B197+
    Game Type: MP RWG

EAC on or off ? On

Steps to reproduce:
    Use a workbench. Select Item in Inventory and press "S" to scrap it. It will show up in workbench queue. Close workbench. Open workbench again: Item is gone, no ressources are ever showing up in the workbench output. Think I've reported this already for the last two builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikedread View Post
    No. Then you can make a forge after completing the tutorial quest.

Repro for hatches

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    Hatches don't always open on the first try
    Leave the hatch OPEN and go far enough, when you come back (and the chunk) the hatch is CLOSED and the first interaction doesn't open it.

Seems like visually it is closed but the block still has the info that it's open and the first interaction closes it even though it looks closed already.

Clean install - cleared data+saves and deleted every folder

AK-47 has a visual glitch when zooming with a reflex sight mod.
    Last edited by toores; 12-18-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Refugee
    Update: the health issue seems to have resolved it's self. I'm not, however, sure what caused it in the first place. Reloading the game fixed it. The vehichle thing seems to be with any vehicle. I'm really not sure what is actually causing it since it seems to be somewhat random. It does seem somehow linked to having something armed other than the slot used to place the vehicle.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    No. Then you can make a forge after completing the tutorial quest.
    Like it always used to be

I dont see this in the fixed or known issues section and it's a massive issue so I'll just post it again here:

Summary: Landclaim (LCB) not work right!!!
    Version: B231
    Game mode: MP dedicated server

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes

Landclaim Server settings
    <property name="LandClaimDecayMode" value="2"/>
    <property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier" value="10"/>
    <property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier" value="0"/>

server always take only the online modifier no matter if player online or offline!!!!!
    Last edited by SATA; 12-18-2018 at 12:56 PM.

Scavenger
    i cant connect to any server in multiplayer!!, it just keeps freezing in the "connecting to..." sign and doesnt move of that. in a16 i could play without problems, but in every a17e i couldnt enter in any server i've tried. is anyone having the same issue? if you solved it, please send me your solution!!