Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Alpha 17 Experimental B231 bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    No. If you wanted the forge that bad you would have specced in it. You cant have it all ways, and those perks you named are NOT necessities. Hard choices have to be made now with level gating gone. Intellect 3? Really?
    I don't even worry about the forge, I find them often enough working in traders or wilderness poi's myself, people cry alot about the forge, but I mean, there are many ways to get access to one even on day 1 if you know where to look.

Quote Originally Posted by SATA View Post
    I dont see this in the fixed or known issues section and it's a massive issue so I'll just post it again here:

Summary: Landclaim (LCB) not work right!!!
    Version: B231
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode: MP dedicated server

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Landclaim Server settings
    <property name="LandClaimDecayMode" value="2"/>
    <property name="LandClaimOnlineDurabilityModifier" value="10"/>
    <property name="LandClaimOfflineDurabilityModifier" value="0"/>

server always take only the online modifier no matter if player online or offline!!!!!

This was the LAST response the devs have given to this years long issue. It's not a priority to them now.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...255#post600255

Summary: Server Crashes
    Version: B231 (but also the b221)
    OS/Version: Windows 10 Pro all updaates
    Game mode, mp host (RWG , Seed "ItsPogoTime")

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (No)
    EAC off

Bug Description:
    Game (server Side) Crashes. This also had happend in the b221 Version an i hoped it would be gone. But the Server crashes after some Minutes of Gameplay. Sidenote: I was the only Player on the Server

Error Log:
    https://pastebin.com/7vAP45Gu

Output Log:

https://pastebin.com/jc2BKBgy
    Last edited by PogotTime; 12-18-2018 at 01:35 PM.

Ranger
    Has the issue with floating POIs in RWG been fixed?

It was on a previous build's list of known issues, but now I don't see it in the release notes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by quilmeshou View Post
    i cant connect to any server in multiplayer!!, it just keeps freezing in the "connecting to..." sign and doesnt move of that. in a16 i could play without problems, but in every a17e i couldnt enter in any server i've tried. is anyone having the same issue? if you solved it, please send me your solution!!
    This is normal on a larger random gen map server. Just be patient. Once you start to connect, don't do anything else. If the server doesn't kick you out, 9 times out of 10, you will get in. It just takes several minutes. My 12k RWG map server has the same issue but everyone gets in if they are patient and wait. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Madman.XXX; 12-18-2018 at 01:59 PM.

Scavenger
    Think they nerfed way too much and the constant world wiping is just to much as well, personally i will wait until you actually release the update before playing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    Has the issue with floating POIs in RWG been fixed?

It was on a previous build's list of known issues, but now I don't see it in the release notes at all.
    No, I just loaded a new map early this morning, right after the update and found several "floating" POIs right off the bat.

Refugee
    Summary: Blocks resolution
    Version: A17 B231
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    SP Navezgane

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    EAC on or off ? -

Bug Description: Changing Texture quality setting doesn`t change building block`s quality and resolution, only terrain and trees. Freezes and low FPS

Actual result: Freezes and low FPS for light PCs for A17 into the houses. A16 settings can be adjusted for better FPS in contrast with A17

Expected result: Adjustable blocks quality for lower resolution.

Refugee
    Yo FP

Im sadly exp way lower fps in random places :/
    In A16 i ran a fair quality of graphics with steady 60 fps no matter where i was.
    In A17 im running pretty much as low as posible even 720p... and i have a unsteady fps of mainly 50 fps, but in the middle of nowhere, at random small farm houses, i have around 20-35fps. pretty much unplayable... and in cities i have about 30-45 fps :/ Moving around on bikes and what not, I get up to 60+fps? and its the same pc ... im so sad that this has been so laggy for me ive been waiting tense for this "release" i love this game<3 i just cant play it anymore

Refugee
    Summary: Server crash within seconds after starting up
    Version: A17 B231
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode, mp host

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    EAC on

Bug Description:
    The server crashes within seconds the first user connects to the server which has just booted up. I looked in the logfiles and i see an Access Violation. But i can't figure out what causes this. I played a few a17 builds now and those worked but the one from last week (B223 or something like that i gues) and this one get this almost instant crash. The user gets disconnected and the server crashes.

I tried to validate the game files through steam.
    Rebooted several times.
    created several new worlds

Reproduce steps:
    Start dedicated server.bat and the server crashes as soon as the first user connects or a few seconds after.

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

Please let me know what to do to fix this. i see people playing and servers running so it must be something i do wrong or is a local issue.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

hello sky,

start by attaching crash logs, output logs of clients and server when this happens. attach a copy of server config and how you are launching your server... so far you gave none of this and it is what we or someone needs in order to try to help.

Pastebin how to video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTJMIJ1XnQ
    Pastebin link , https://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT

thanks
    Last edited by unholyjoe; 12-18-2018 at 02:58 PM.

Refugee
    Summary: Always stuck on starting game screen
    Version: B231
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode: MP client and SP (RWG and NEV)

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no
    EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: When I try to enter any mp and sp game I always stuck at starting screen like this https://i.imgur.com/uINToB0.jpg . I can hear environment sounds like wind and even other player's sounds. Also while waiting in starting game screen if I push console button I see something like this https://i.imgur.com/triQjoi.jpg

Output log: https://pastebin.com/bt0HikCj

Reproduce steps: Try to enter any game

Actual result: Stuck at starting game screen

Expected result: Enter the game

I'm curious why a patch would be put out with so many "known Issues". Would it not make sense to fix those issue before attempting another version? The known issue list actually doubled in size from one version to another, and it seems like only a couple of the known issues were fixed.

As for the gated levels thing. Cool. i'll give that a try. Seems like a better system.

And a quick question, Anyone know if Skyscrapers and "cities" in general were bugged in the b221 version? I couldn't find a single one (only towns all over), and the biggest building I would find is the Hotel/Apartment complexes in 4 maps I loaded and flew around to check.

Scavenger
    *Adjusted XP for resource harvest, upgrade, and repair

what does this mean? you need to communicate better with your updates, you're ok with saying you "nerfed" goggles etc which i really dont understand why but then use the term "adjusted", so is that a nerf or a buff?

*Attributes are no longer gated by your level.

this is bad, and to top it off you made it harder to get the better stuff, so forever we are stuck with a stone axe.

Are you guys trying to turn this into an MMO? it seems so with every update.

*Block damages and stamina cost rebalanced

Again what does "rebalanced" mean, did you nerf this or buff it? don't use words like "nerfed" but then cop out on other terms like "adjested" and "rebalanced" just be straight with everyone, i feel like with every new update you ignore the playerbase time and time again, i'm not saying made the game easier, just stop nerfing the hell out of everything.

So far my biggest criticism on A17 is that you seem to be turning everything into a dungeon. I was worried about this before A17 came out and it seems I was prophetic. Sometimes you want a house to just be a house, or a pop'n'pills to be a pop'n'pills or whatever to be whatever. Turning everything into dungeons is like only having burritos for every meal. Sure burritos are yummy and can be made in many varying ways but sometimes you want a plain old salad.

Refugee

I love this update. great work guys at the Fun Pimps! Cheers

Amazing work!