Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Alpha 17 Experimental B233 bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by Palandus View Post
    Few More Bugs:

4) A flaming zombie lit the 4x4 on fire, but the fire didn't deal any damage to the 4x4. Looked cool, but nothing else happened.
    Neat...now you are really Ghostrider

5) I hit a small tree with the 4x4. It got stuck through the window and rode along with me for about 400 meters, obscuring my vision. Only when I hit a pothole, did the tree finally come loose.
    It's a "feature"

Ranger
    4. The gyrocopter is EXTREMELY hard to control. It is easy to get it to climb, but nearly impossible to level it off once you've reached your desired cruising altitude. It can't be aimed downwards, and there is no set way to land the thing other than to let off from the accelerator and slowly ease down your speed. It is also very easy to over-climb and go vertical and stall the propeller and fall to your doom. It also doesn't turn all that well either, but it is sure good for climbing great heights quickly.
    You can go down with the gyrocopter using "c" (or the crouch key, or whatever is assigned on vehicles). I find it that it turns fine, but it _is_ inertial, so setting a new heading doesn't instantly change direction. Instead, it starts adding speed in the new heading, as the drag decreases the speed in the old vector.

8. I do not like the change for repair kits from forged iron to mechanical parts. Mostly because it is more expensive to craft now as mechanical parts are harder to acquire than forged iron. Why not just have a high scrap iron cost of say 50 scrap iron per kit.
    Mechanical parts are easy to acquire. Scrap the guns.

Ranger
    Summary: Pressing Next/Previous Category on Creative throws error on console
    Version: b233
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode, sp

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no
    EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: Pressing the keys assign to either next category or previous category while on creative menu results in an exception being thrown in the console.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    once done click ok
    there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) Assign keys to next category/previous category in Controls/UI.
    2) Open creative.
    3) Press the assigned keys for next category/previous category.

Actual result: console opens displaying "StackOverflowException: The request operation caused a stack overflow."

Expected result: Category change if on blocks or items, or nothing if on "all".

Confirmed and reported. Thanks for the report! - Schwanz9000
    Last edited by schwanz9000; 12-21-2018 at 03:27 AM.

Hunter
    Summary: graphics
    Version:
    OS/Version: Windows 10 64 bit
    Game mode, sp random gen

Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off ?

Bug Description: the graphics is very bad allmost every thing is blurry

Reproduce steps:
    1. go to Videos and change a setting down and quit the game and back again to set the settings up but stille same problem with graphics.

2. uninstall the game.. and reinstall it again and got the lasted updates and start the game with defulft settings same problem with graphics.

3. change the graphics to what it used to be.. quit the game.. and go back in.. still same problem with graphics.

The graphics is so Bad now.. it not playable fun or good looking..

Link to pic.: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1596436492

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

we need some info in order to try to help. 1st thoughts are the video settings are too low on textures...

computer specs, video card and screen shot of video settings while in game please.

thanks
    Spoiler: 

https://imgur.com/a/wxNxBlW
    ryzen 7 3.9 GHz
    32 G ram
    RTX 2080 Amp Edition
    27" LED 4K monitors
    video set at 1080 in game for high performance

Last edited by unholyjoe; 12-21-2018 at 03:23 AM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMeNot View Post
    Has anyone else been losing their vehicles during gameplay? I'm not sure if it's a bug or what. Running a dedicated MP server. Server has had 0 mods, completely wiped game folder with fresh install every build, and no saves since we have to start over at level 1 from the server wipe. Since B198 all player vehicles (bikes, minibikes, 4x4, motorcycles, gyro's) disappear. Sometimes showing up on the compass, then disappearing altogether upon log out and back in. Other times, just flat disappearing. LE will show the coordinates when it's still on the compass. Usually at some extremely high 1k number ****, 1026, **** for example.
    YES. Back in version B199(I believe it was that one... three updates ago) my boyfriend and I both lost our motorcycles. They were both parked near each other when we exited the game, then we logged in the next day and they were both gone. No icons on the map showing they were there and we ran all over the place looking even though we know where we left them. We had many items that we lost, which made it very difficult to survive with the huge amount of walking hordes we were getting.

Hunter
    Anyone else unable to run the game after B233 installed?

Refugee
    More bugs!

1) Crafted Quality Lv 6 Guns only have 1 modification slot.

2) Can have both a headlamp and flashlight on at the same time. Makes things impossibly bright, and you can only turn off the flashlight for your weapon, when both are on. Have to switch to another weapon, that lacks a flashlight, to turn off the headlamp.

3) Killed wolves sometimes appear to still be alive, standing upright, and still breathing as if they were alive, but they are quite dead. How do I know? I used a machete on it and got some resources, which doesn't happen while they are actually alive.

4) Finding a huge amount of zombie bears. I was exploring the Shotgun Messiah Factory in Navezgane, and I kept getting attacked by bears while exploring... they'd smash down doors and walls, and climb the stairwells to get to me. In total, I think I killed over 30 bears over a period of 3 days exploring the factory. However, I am not finding regular bears anywhere.

5) The 4x4 really needs a speed boost and handling boost. I've played other video games where actual tanks, handle better than the 4x4... and those tanks handled like bricks. The tanks moved faster and handled better. That is pretty telling.

6) The single highest improvement to graphical settings is draw distance. My computer doesn't overheat and get significantly higher FPS when I drop it from high to medium. Still can see zombies and larger structures from very far away, so not sure what the real difference is between high and medium.

7) The x2 Scope and 4x Scope appear to have the same level of zoom magnification from testing them out with both a crossbow and hunting rifle. The x8 Scope however has a noticeable increase to zoom.

8) If you are bleeding your screen goes blurry. But, if you zoom in, through a scope or red-dot sight, the blurriness instantly disappears. Comes back when you un-zoom, but it allows the player to get around the blurred vision effect with ease.

9) The red-dot sight is a misnomer; the glass lens is red, but the dot is not. Also it is quite hard to see through the red lens in dark situations, making it a hazard to one's health during blood moons.

10) The deer running animation looks terrible, for both does and stags. I thought in Joel's video with the deer, the animations were smoother and overall better... what happened to those animations?

11) On the topic of running animations; rabbits and bears have very jerky, non-fluid animations. I can't remember if they were going to get an animation upgrade or not. Regardless, it makes it really hard to hit either target when they are at a distance from you. No issues with pigs or chickens though.

More bugs later!

------------------

EDIT: As promised more bugs!

12) If an object has sufficient HP, and you drive into it (ie a single cube of brick wall) it will cause the 4x4 to come and stop in it's tracks, losing all momentum and velocity instantly.

13) I was driving the 4x4 and fell into a huge hole in the ground. The vehicle tumbled a full 720 down the hill, but took no damage from the fall. Driving into a boulder on the other hand going about 50% top speed, does deal damage.

14) I got the vehicle stuck, against the side of the big hole I was stuck in. Tried to get out, without having enough space to do so. My body was flung 100 meters into the air, and the console started spewing null reference exception errors. I cannot move or do anything (the console is spewing 100s of null reference exceptions per second), but for some reason the zombies can hit me, so maybe they'll kill me and then I can move again later after I respawn. It is a pity, as I had a lot of great loot, and the pit is like 30-40 meters deep.
    EDIT: On death, I finally am able to move and do stuff again.

15) You can destroy dirt and stuff, with the 4x4 if you get stuck in the ground. Can even dig tunnels with the 4x4 if you wait long enough trying to move forward, but being unable to climb.

16) On resurrecting of course I got the usual bleed debuff afterwards, as I bled to death (but that has been reported numerous times). What hasn't been reported is that if you die with a head-lamp modification in your helm and it is on, then you have a permanent head-lamp light source on after you respawn. None of my current weapons has a flashlight, I don't have a flashlight, and I don't have a headlamp, but yet, I still have the light-source effect as if I did have one active.

------------------

EDIT2:

17) On resurrecting, I spawned in (ie with admin tools) a new 4x4. The headlights for the new 4x4 no longer work, and using F (at least for me F toggles flashlight) does nothing.

18) On a whim, I spawned in a full Hazmat suit. Doesn't protect you from the radiation zones. Makes sense that it doesn't work on the map edge, but there is an area that is part of the map and a radiation zone, and you cannot enter it, even in full hazmat suit, without starting to take radiation damage.
    Last edited by Palandus; 12-21-2018 at 04:16 AM.

Refugee
    Summary: 0 durability tools after quitting game during crafting
    Version: B233
    OS/Version: Windows10
    Game mode: Single Player, Random Gen

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you validate your files? No
    EAC on or off ?

Bug Description: If I quit the game while the crafting of an iron tool is in progress, once i log in and the process completes I get a tool with 0 max durability but I can use infinitely without any durability loss.

Reproduce steps: Start crafting an iron tool, before it finishes quit the game and then start again. Once the crafting is complete the tool is grey quality and has a max durability of 0 but can be used with out diminishing the durability.

20181220212019_1.jpg20181220212101_1.jpg

Summary: Bleeding after respawn
    Version:
    Game mode: SP RWG

Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no
    EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Still bleeding out after respawn

Reproduce steps:

1) Die
    2) Respawn at bedroll
    3)

Actual result: Still bleeding after respawn

Expected result: respawn without bleeding

**** I guess this is old, didn't notice it in known bugs. ****
    Last edited by fluffyrizzo; 12-21-2018 at 03:54 AM.

Scavenger

Big destroyed cities

Quote Originally Posted by FaydedSoul View Post
    Summary: RWG isn't very random
    Version: B233
    Game mode, sp RWG
    Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) Yes
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Yes
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) No
    EAC on or off ?

Bug Description: Trying several seeds, almost all of the cities are in severe biomes such as wasteland or desert (To the exclusion of the biome around the city) and many are just clumps of the same building (See attached pic)

Reproduce steps: Created several seeds with similar issues Attached pic is Seed TFP2018 2258 N 1301 E

Pic
    I second this. My seeds have this exact issue. Also biomes are mostly terrible with few green areas, random unmarked radiation zones and floating some buildings and objects.

Refugee
    Summary: Invisible wall/falling into the world
    Version: b233 and all Alpha 17 versions before that.
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode: Dedicated server hosted through GTXGaming.co.uk (RWG or Navezgane it doesn't matter)

Did you wipe old saves? Yes total wipe and reinstall on the server
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: All other blocks (chunks?) become inaccessible and cause the player to fall into the world or bounce off an invisible wall.

Reproduce steps: Play on the server for an hour or two and it happens.

Here is a short video that shows the problem. We have wiped and restarted multiple times with multiple randomly generated worlds. I finally decided to see if it is happening in Navezgane. This video is the result. I even drove in the opposite direction but it seems like the current area becomes an island unto itself.

https://youtu.be/whaaqWfuPB4

Here is a short clip on Twitch a viewer made when it happened on stream in a randomly generated world the other night.

https://www.twitch.tv/draconisgold/c...senjiHotPokket

Actual result: Unplayable due to falling into the world repeatedly.

Expected result: To not fall into the world or bounce off of invisible walls.

Refugee
    The new Pawn Shop dungeon has no secret stash boxes, just the Shotgun Messiah ones. Might as well call it a Shotgun Messiah. If you keep adding dungeons you might want to change the game name to 7 Days to Dungeon. Is Mad Mole even involved with this game anymore?

Alpha 17 Experimental B238 is out!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...porting-thread