Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 17 Experimental B240 bug reporting thread

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Palandus View Post
    Most of my reported bug lists are still in the game. If a tester wants to break up all 50 something bugs into separate tasks, you can do so, but I'm not going to. I will update the list into one mega list in a couple days and check which ones are truly fixed and which ones are not.

However the biggest bugs that are still present are: (this is after clearing saves, verifying files, new saves, and not using mods)

1) Crafted LV 6 quality guns only have one modification slot.

2) Modifications that add Carrying Capacity (ie Triple Pockets) do not add Carrying Capacity. Makes them a useless modification.

3) Olympic Swimmer does not increase swimming speed, despite the perk stating that it does.

4) Crossbow hits are always considered sneaking and apply sneak attack damage, even when not sneaking.

5) Silencers do not work at all. Makes them useless.

6) Wearing full HazMat suits does not protect you in radiation zones. Makes the items useless.

7) Rockets rarely explode on contact with terrain. They will explode on contact with zombies, but not terrain. It may be something to do with damage falloff range or something unintentional going on.

8) Removing dirt piles in Red Mesa, on the bottom floor, sometimes leaves this tiny speck of dirt floating in the air that is invulnerable. I consider this important as red mesa makes a really great base location and is very easy to defend against hordes as you can easily funnel enemies down a specific path. There is also some "dead block areas" where no blocks can be placed at all, in Red Mesa.

9) Getting airdrops in Radiation Zones. The radiation should be lethal to the airplane pilots, like it was to the pilots who dumped cement on Chernobyl. Plus as hazmat doesn't help you, you can't ever retrieve those crates anyways.

10) Flurry of Blows does not apply to all melee weapons or tools. Only certain ones like the Machete or Stone Axe.

Maybe if you didn't report know issues all the time, used the form and submitted documentation you might not be ignored. You seems to not grasp the concept of the bug reporting from, here, I'll submit one for your number one line item despite it being Known!!

Summary: Mod slots on crafted weapons/items
    Version:B240 and previous
    Platform: (PC )
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode, client on dedi (RWG )

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (No)
    EAC off

Bug Description: Crafted LV 6 quality guns only have one modification slot. If you stand at WB and watch craft you get 5 mod slots. 5 out of 5 ak's crafted this way.

Reproduce steps: craft a weapon in work bench and walk away greater than 10 blocks and or open another bench or box type item.

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    once done click ok
    there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: when crafting in a workbench for weapons and some armors, if you walk away and open something else with an inventory or crafting ability the item crafted has incorrect mod slots for quality level. If you watch it craft it does come out correctly at least for me on over 25 crafts of different items.

Expected result: items crafted with correct Mod slots.

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

Pastebin how to video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTJMIJ1XnQ
    Pastebin link , https://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT

your output log files are in C /steamLibrary/steamapps/common/7Daystodie/7daystodiedata/ you will find a list of ol logs, the last one being the most recent.

also when taking a screen shot you can use the debug info, go into dm mode ( Type dm in the console ) Type dm to turn it off again
    Press F3, that will bring up the debug overlay, you will need to press f3 twice to close it.
    If you use the f3 feature no need for cords in the screen shot as they are in that info.

Survivor
    BUG REPORTING FORM

Please use this form to report bugs, Testers will then respond, if the form is not used we will assume you are just chatting to each other

Summary: Item disappears after drag and tab or esc.
    Version: 17.B240
    Platform: PC
    Game mode: dedi (RWG )

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) No
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) Yes
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) Yes
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) Yes
    EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: Any item disappears.

Reproduce steps:

once done click ok

1) Open storage inventory.
    2) Drag any item and keep it dragged.
    3) Tab or ESC.
    4. Loose item that is being dragged.

Actual result: Item disappears.

Expected result: Item doesn't disappears.

Refugee
    Summary: minibike and motorcycle bug
    Version: b240
    Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV): Random World Generator map

Did you wipe old saves? (No)
    Did you start a new game? (No)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (NO)
    EAC on

Bug Description: So when you get on and off the minibike or motorcycle the game crashes really hard. I mean you have to control, Alt, and delete to the task manager to exit the game. One scenario with the motorcycle after getting stuck on a dirt block, I got off the bike and then flew out of the game and into the software I think. When I restarted the game I was transported into the desert and my base was in a forest area. It was almost 2k miles from where the bug crashed on me.

Reproduce steps: I can repeat the steps easily. You have to use your minibike or motorcycle to do this. You have to travel a lot and then do small things like mine the RockResource02 or pick up feathers along the way to your base. Then you get stuck on a dirt block. You get off your bike and then your body goes into ragdoll mode like you are dead, but then you aren't. Then the console screen pops up with errors, but I can't read them because the red letters. I should reattempt this bug and video record it. It was only for the Motorcycle at first, but it actually happened with the minibike as well, but rarely happens though. I do have a witness as my brother was also playing in CO-OP mode.
    Last edited by Sangra69; 12-22-2018 at 05:24 AM. Reason: spelling

Refugee
    @Sangra69: That bug happened to me last release (yesterday in fact), except with the 4x4 instead. I ragdolled upwards about 30-40m, and had a constant stream of null reference exceptions... until a pair of zombie bears killed me.

@Krazykat: I wasn't aware that the issue with crafting with workbenches applied to my specific bug. However, last time I checked, it got reported several weeks ago, so why haven't they fixed it.

Also, I did use the reporting form to report my first bug; no one responded. Why put the effort in submitting bugs if they get ignored anyway.
    Last edited by Palandus; 12-22-2018 at 05:30 AM.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by ohhmaiigosh View Post
    What seed? Ive been trying for hours and have not gotten a single skyscraper
    I have *no* seed without at least one skyscraper. Check "Guppy" at 8k, for example: a skyscraper 02 and four 04. The same seed at 4k has one 02. The "Alpha 17" seed at 8k has five 04. "Afterlife" at 4k has one 03 and one 04, and at 8k has five 04. "MadMole" at 4k has three 04 and at 8k has one 03 and six 04. "lucky seed" at 8k has one 02 and one 04.

Refugee
    Summary: Player is still moving after releasing key
    Version: A17 (b240)
    OS/Version: Linux - Ubuntu 18.04
    Game mode: sp

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new save? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Bug Description: When holding a movement key (W,A,S,D) and then releasing that key to stop the player, it doesn't stop immediately. The player walks approximately 0.5s - 2s longer than intended. That doesn't occur all the time, but most of the time. I have compared it with a second installation on Windows, and it seems to be only Linux/Ubuntu related, I had no problems on Windows. Unfortunately, this bug makes it unplayable on Ubuntu. There is a workaround, you can slow down the key repeat rate in the ubuntu settings for the keyboard. It seems to be a buffer issue inside the game.

Reproduce steps: Pressing movement keys (W,A,S,D) for a few seconds. Double pressing a movement key increases the chance to encounter that bug.

Actual result: Player is moving way longer than intended.

Expected result: Player is stopping its movement when key is released.

Refugee
    Summary: The perk "Boom Headshot" does NOT provide any bonus damage upon hits to the head.
    Version: A17 (b240)
    OS/Version: Windows 10 Pro
    Game mode: mp client (non-dedi). Also tested on sp (same result).

Did you wipe old saves? YES
    Did you start a new game? YES
    Did you validate your files? YES
    Are you using any mods? NO
    EAC Status: ON

Bug Description: The perk "Boom Headshot" does not provide any bonus damage for headshots at any rank.

Expected Result: Given the following testing scenario: Quality 1 hunting rifle with base damage = 55. With a brand new character (no skills), shooting a zombie in the head with the hunting rifle will deal 55+55=110 damage. With rank 1 in the perk, the hunting rifle should deal 55+(55*1.2) = 55+66 = 121 damage. With rank 2 in the perk, the hunting rifle should deal 55+(55*1.4) = 55+77 = 132 damage. And so on.

Actual result: There is NO increase in bonus damage for headshots as the perk "Boom Headshot" is leveled up. In other words, headshots will always deal exactly 2 times the base damage of the gun regardless of perk level. The perk has no effect at all.

Reproduce steps: Start a new game with cheats enabled. Complete the starter quest and use the points to level Perception to 3 and "Boom Headshot" to 2. Spawn a 1 quality hunting rifle with standard ammo. Fly around and find a zombie with 125 health, as stated in the XML files. These zombies include burning zombies and some skinny female zombies. At point-blank range with the hunting rifle, shoot any one of these zombies in the head. If the zombie does not die in one hit, the perk is not functioning correctly. Per the calculations above, the hunting rifle should do at least 132 damage with a headshot at rank 2 of "Boom Headshot" (not even accounting for the bonus damage from Perception level 3).

Can not reproduce. Damage bonus is being applied. - Gazz
    Last edited by Gazz; 12-22-2018 at 11:18 AM.

Tracker
    Summary: Perk "Explosive Weapons" not working / Dismembermet of limbs not working
    Version: A17 B240/B238/...
    OS/Version: Windows 10 64bit
    Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? YES
    Did you start a new game? YES
    Did you validate your files? YES
    Are you using any mods? NO
    EAC on/off? ON

Bug Description: Dismembermet does not work at all

Reproduce steps:
    1. Put skillponts to Perception / Explosive Weapons
    2. Try any weapon and/or armunition type to dismember legs on zeds

Actual result: Never dismember limbs.

Expected result: legs / arms should be dismembered.

Summary: Military base hanging in air, half on hill.
    Version: Alpha 17 b240
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode, sp

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? No
    EAC on

Random Gen Map
    Seed : Alpha 17 b240

Coordinates : 2207 N 1607 E

Regards AussieWombat

Summary: unable to place blocks on trees
    Version: A17 Experimental B240
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode: sp, client, Navezgane

EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description:

Reproduce steps:
    Take any block and try to place it on the side of a tree trunk.

Actual result:
    You can't. The trunk acts like it is invisible.
    However if you build around the tree, from the ground up next to the trunk, and then remove the blocks on the ground. The blocks actually remain attached to the tree.

Expected result:
    You can place blocks on trees.

Notice how blocks remain attached, but I can't place new ones on the trunk.
    Last edited by KingSlayerGM; 12-22-2018 at 09:39 AM.

Zombie Hunter
    Summary: If you take a trader quest, go to location so the ! shows up, then leave the area, log out/in, it shows a 0.0 distance.
    Version: 240
    OS/Version: Linux
    Game mode, Navez, SP

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) yes
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) yes
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) yes
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) yes, my weap damage modlet, steadmans UI modlets
    EAC on or off ? OFF

Bug Description: Trader quest, clear zombies, survior site (closest to the frost zone trader), got close enough the exclamation point appeared. It was late game day and my day, so went back to my base WITHOUT activating the ! to start the run.

Logged out. Logged in, and it says 0.0km to the quest, no marker on the map. Went close enough, and the ! is there, and the marker on the map does show up.

Reproduce steps: Take a quest. Get close enough to hear the 'bang' and the '!' shows up. DO NOT CLICK! leave the area. logout/in.

I will try to duplicate, and get a screenshot.

Refugee
    Summary: Items In Certain Slots Getting stuck on Toolbelt
    Version: A17 b240
    OS/Version: Windows 10 (client and server)
    Game mode: client on dedicated LAN server (NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    EAC: off

Bug Description:
    * Occasionally, items in certain slots will become stuck on the Toolbelt, unable to move/remove them (Items still usable).
    * Once fully consumed and slot becomes available again, the slot seems to behave normally again.
    * [Edit]: Logging out and back in seems to clear it.

Reproduce steps:
    * Unknown. Appears to be random (The worst type to troubleshoot). Though it does seem most likely to happen when using Tab to open/close the inventory UI.

Actual result: Unable to move/remove items in certain slots from Toolbelt.

Expected result: Able to move/remove all items from Toolbelt.
    Last edited by VenomsLust; 12-22-2018 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Additional Info

Refugee
    @Venomslust; I had that happen to me too! Except for me it was Wood Frame Boxes. Wasn't able to remove them in any way from the slot, so had to use up all 114 of them before I could use the slot again.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by VenomsLust View Post
    Summary: Items In Certain Slots Getting stuck on Toolbelt.
    I can confirm this as well (was just about to report it, in fact).

It does not seem to be dependent upon the particular toolbelt slot, and I have been unable to reproduce it or fix it consistently. Consuming the item does seem to fix the issue, but at other times the issue seems to fix itself.

If I get any more information I will share it.

My specs:

Version: A17 b240
    OS/Version: Windows 7
    Game mode: Single player, Navezgane

EAC: On

Refugee
    Summary: (short description of bug) Game crashes after about 20-45 minutes of game play
    Version: a17 b240
    Platform: (PC or Mac) PC
    OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac Windows 10
    Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV) sp/NAV

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) yes
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) yes
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) yes
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) No
    EAC on or off ? off

Bug Description: It never happens at the same time in the game but since b233 I experience my game crashing and have to hard reboot my computer.

Reproduce steps: Play game

once done click ok

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) Game completely freezing up my computer

Expected result: (what you expect to occur) To be able to play the game