Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Alpha 17 Experimental B240 bug reporting thread

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    The stamina loss when working is just stupid. I cant take many hits with an axe before im exausted even if im full with food and water. I was expecting to play the game and have fun and not stand in a corner and breathe heavy every 30 seconds.

Please adjust these settings. I want to go out and explore and hunt zombies and not spend 4 days to chop down a tree.

This stamina loss is killing the game and the fun for me.
    You should try investing in The proper perks then

Refugee
    I suffered same, was able to replicate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fabulux View Post
    Summary: Died while bleeding, still bleeding when respawn
    Version: b240
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    SP RWG

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? no
    Are you using any mods? one UI modlet for temp, thirst, hunger on HUD
    EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: I died with a bleed on (to a lumberjack zombie) and when I respawned on my bedroll, I was still bleeding. I do recall the death screen showing me alive over the corpse of a skaterpunk zombie, instead of the lumberjack zombie eating my dead body.

Reproduce steps: tried to replicate it one time and it did not happen.
    I was able to replicate the same

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1598398350

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1598396912

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by F6Knight View Post
    Do people not bother reading the "known issues" in the first post?

We're barely 4 pages into the bug reports and the same known issues keep being posted ...
    Probably not. Many are just seeing these bugs first time as they have just gotten to a point of progression in the game they weren't able to get to between last patches, AND they probably want to get it in with a rush before the next patch releases.

Refugee
    I also had the still bleeding on respawn happen to me last night as well in my single player Navezgan Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by D3pp1ng View Post
    I suffered same, was able to replicate.

- - - Updated - - -

I was able to replicate the same

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1598398350

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1598396912
    Confirm i've also had this within B240 on a newly generated game.

Day 1 dog attack in the wasteland, killed the dog but bled out and died. Re-spawned and continued to bleed down to 50 or so hp.

Refugee
    Summary: Video card Crashes when i hold a pistol in my hand in game (probably a few others things)
    Version: A17 b240 (started to happen once got to b200's)
    Platform: PC (Laptop)
    OS/Version: Windows 7
    Other Computer Info: M17x r2 Alienware laptop - Win 7 64bit - 8gm of ram - Intel core i7 CPU Q820 @1.73GHz
    Game mode, sp (i think? when I went back to A16.4 said was mp for A17 b240 save was there something i missed?)

Did you wipe old saves? Yes (only one there was one i just made to try new update)
    Did you start a new game? Yes (see above)
    Did you validate your files? Yes (even after the 2 updates on the same day :l had downloaded)
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off ? off i think idk how to check

Bug Description: I make a new world and i cheated in a gun and a few things back in first A17 b200 (did same in a few versions before the b200's came out as tried putting mods on the pistol and was able to) version along with the 4x4 as was going to do some test. Made sure my settings where low as only have a 1gb video card in my old M17x r2 Alienware laptop. The moment the gun goes into my hand it crashes there where a few times (before the last 3 updates that i did install) that i could hold it long enough to open inv then it crashed. Does the same if i have put to the selected slot i'm holding will crash. Again I was able to open and add mods before the b200's came out and never deleted my save's from 16.4 tell i tried this one just to rule them out.

Reproduce steps: (1) Opened game (2) Made sure of video settings (3) started new game (then opened that save later to try again) (4) cheat in a gun and a mod for it to test it. (5) move item to empty slot (if placed in hand will crash) (7) leave creative inv. (8) hit button for where i put gun (9) crashes video card then game. (10) tried again (11) same thing (12) looked at logs bug had nothing after i joined in.
    Last few lines of file
    2018-12-21T20:10:27 205.218 INF Respawn almost done
    2018-12-21T20:10:27 205.228 INF PlayerSpawnedInWorld (reason: LoadedGame, position: 1598, 76, 1327): localplayer
    2018-12-21T20:10:44 222.098 INF Time: 1.47m FPS: 12.08 Heap: 1123.9MB Max: 1123.9MB Chunks: 169 CGO: 64 Ply: 1 Zom: 3 Ent: 6 (7) Items: 3 CO: 1 RSS: 2430.8MB
    2018-12-21T20:11:14 252.092 INF Time: 1.97m FPS: 12.17 Heap: 1158.9MB Max: 1158.9MB Chunks: 169 CGO: 64 Ply: 1 Zom: 3 Ent: 5 (7) Items: 3 CO: 1 RSS: 2434.1MB
    2018-12-21T20:11:44 282.106 INF Time: 2.47m FPS: 12.32 Heap: 1176.1MB Max: 1176.1MB Chunks: 169 CGO: 64 Ply: 1 Zom: 3 Ent: 5 (7) Items: 3 CO: 1 RSS: 2436.3MB

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    once done click ok
    there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) Video as no info in log after i get into the world (listed above): (sorry for poor quilty got a cheap phone :P)
    https://youtu.be/W4smlx24-bk

2) Video Card info
    http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/18/12/22/jvu.png

3) .

Actual result: Game Crashes my video card when i hold a gun in my hand.

Expected result: Game not to crash like in A16.4 b8 up to last version before A17 b200's as worked fine only gyro copter crashed it when i was trying to test fly it.

If any other info needed let me know.

I've loved playing this game. So much better for zombie fighting then minecraft. Has a beautiful block style that I've watched become far better and less blocky for grass, dirt and so on from its earlier versions. And love that there is now a jeep that can now be used as a starting point for a 18 wheeler and trailer for large storage of items or even to move cars around easier. A large leap forward that I'll be waiting for the day it comes out of alpha (hopefully i'll have a new high end laptop/tower by then).
    (Note: if you watched the video and wounder why i don't have much in the way of hours its cause I've played this mostly at my friends as far back as alpha 2 tell i got my own copy to play at home)

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    Not true. Almost all seeds I've tried have skyscraper_04, and I have seeds with 02 and 03 as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    Not true. Almost all seeds I've tried have skyscraper_04, and I have seeds with 02 and 03 as well.
    Can also verify this being not valid bug.

prefabs.xml from world generated in b240

<decoration type="model" name="skyscraper_04" position="-1680, 46, -3048" rotation="2" />
    <decoration type="model" name="skyscraper_04" position="-1224, 49, -1568" rotation="2" />
    <decoration type="model" name="skyscraper_04" position="-120, 48, -320" rotation="0" />

While no other skyscrapers have generated in this RWG, we have run across them in B233.

Perhaps it's more or less frequent based on the RWG seed size. Ours were built on 8196x8196. Is that the size you are using? Our seed is 8675309. While POIs can change, the city sizes of this seed, and the world size, should generate a couple skyscrapers. Check the prefabs.xml once generated.

Refugee

Alpha 17 B240 and B238 Truck keeps disappearing

Summary: Offroad Truck keeps disappearing
    Version: Alpha 17 in both Beta B240 and B238
    Game mode: client/sp NAVEZGANE

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? yes
    EAC off

Bug Description: When ever I have a truck and drive it around, (this has happened multiple times in various places), and get out of the truck go do something else later log off, when I log back in (whether I just log to start screen and back in or log completely out of game then back in) the truck is gone. Seems like it is always when I log out and the truck is within my character's view. I also notice it happens more often if the truck is slightly moving when I log out but at times it isn't moving, at least it doesn't look like it's moving.

Reproduce steps:

No screen shot needed. Before logging out Truck is there, when logging back in Truck is gone.

1)Stand by truck or near truck
    2)Log out
    3)Log back in and truck is gone.
    4) I was playing with cheat mode on and it happens whether I build the truck or take it from the U cheat parts screen.
    5) I doesn't happen at every logout. Only occasionally but by the 4 or 5 logout and sometimes by the 2nd or 3rd.
    6) No problems with the motorcycle. Haven't tried bike or Helo.
    7) Map location doesn't seem to be a factor, it has happened at various map places.
    8) Items may or may not be in truck storage, it happens either way. All items when in truck are also gone.
    9) Seems to happen more often when truck was slightly moving when I log out, but I have had it happen when the truck seems to be standing still. (could be shimming but not noticeable).

Actual result: Truck is gone, not to be found on map.

Expected result: Truck to be there and in same location as when I logged out.

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

Pastebin file has 2 logs pasted in it. 1) Session where I logged out and truck was there 2) Session where I logged in and Truck was gone.

Pastebin https://pastebin.com/C5LAzVYz

Quote Originally Posted by D3pp1ng View Post
    Can also verify this being not valid bug.

prefabs.xml from world generated in b240

<decoration type="model" name="skyscraper_04" position="-1680, 46, -3048" rotation="2" />
    <decoration type="model" name="skyscraper_04" position="-1224, 49, -1568" rotation="2" />
    <decoration type="model" name="skyscraper_04" position="-120, 48, -320" rotation="0" />

While no other skyscrapers have generated in this RWG, we have run across them in B233.

Perhaps it's more or less frequent based on the RWG seed size. Ours were built on 8196x8196. Is that the size you are using? Our seed is 8675309. While POIs can change, the city sizes of this seed, and the world size, should generate a couple skyscrapers. Check the prefabs.xml once generated.
    WorldGenSeed, and Game Name both set to "A17 B233", WorldGenSeed "8192" I have more skyscrapers then I care to see!!! LITERALLY at least 40+ so it is NOT a valid bug. I swear it seems one city alone is almost completely Skyscrapers.

Refugee
    Summary: Steep wedge corner top block creates holes in flat surfaces
    Version: B240
    Game mode: MP host, SP, RWG+NAV

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off ? Off

Bug Description: The new steep wedge corner top block, which I assume was meant to only go on steep wedge corner bottom blocks, will 'remove' most flat surfaces visually and physically.

Reproduce steps:

1) Get a steep wedge corner top block
    2) Place the 'base' of the steep wedge corner top block against a flat surface

Actual result: Allows you to see, loot, and shoot through blocks. Can even pass through these gaps (place a couple next to each other and fall/walk through)

Expected result: No change to the block it's placed on

20181222061442_1.jpg20181211003434_1.jpg

Refugee
    B238 fixed: Consumable item dupe
    Item dupe exploit still works by going into your vehicle during the animation.

Refugee
    Summary: people t-pose, then flop over and just lie there or do a good breakdancening
    Version: B240
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode, mp host

Did you wipe old saves? no
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? no
    Are you using any mods? no
    EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: Randomly players just flop over and cant move anymore, video in desc.

Reproduce steps:

We don't actually now since it was seemingly at random.

Actual result: Everyone do the flop

Expected result: Not flop over and fall asleep

Video of bug:

https://streamable.com/l1izp

Refugee
    Really appreciate the gating changes in this new alpha, which handle my concern of feeling too locked out of basic competencies in different trees too early in the game.

As far as bugs go, I can't help noticing that seemingly every POI has Meth kit. I can't help feeling that it's unlikely that this many suburban victorian homes would be this Methy, even in the lead-up to a zombie apocalypse.

Tracker
    Just skinned a rabbit and it gave me a storage chest lol