Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunken Highway System Prefab WIP

Leader
    Any chance of doing maybe a t section highway.

Maybe a cross road highway to at all or

Oh, this is awesome.
    Lovely detailing work.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Any chance of doing maybe a t section highway.

Maybe a cross road highway to at all or
    I plan on expanding it more to include just that as well as a ground level highway just trying to think of how to do it due to the blocks being limited, the trick is the elevation parts and making some kind of curve or something only using the "vanilla" blocks so others can use it as well.

Making a sunken T section or Split would be a little easier. I may do that one first.

How are you guys inserting the prefabs these days. Back in the day we had the accembly dll we could download and had access to the terrain tools and insert/rotate the prefabs in real time while in game. I've watched the videos on the ungame prefab editor and can use it just fine but I want to be able to go in the game and bring in my prefab, rotate it, raise it lower it and those options don't seem to work for me when I hit k inside the normal game. All I can seem to do is load in a prefab but I can't hit x to rotate or even grab it and move it around. I liked doing it that way. Am I missing something here?
    Edit: I think I figured it out or some of it. I have never hit the world editor button. Hopefully I can do all I used to in here.
    Last edited by Sorrowthief; 01-03-2019 at 08:28 PM.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowthief View Post
    How are you guys inserting the prefabs these days. Back in the day we had the accembly dll we could download and had access to the terrain tools and insert/rotate the prefabs in real time while in game. I've watched the videos on the ungame prefab editor and can use it just fine but I want to be able to go in the game and bring in my prefab, rotate it, raise it lower it and those options don't seem to work for me when I hit k inside the normal game. All I can seem to do is load in a prefab but I can't hit x to rotate or even grab it and move it around. I liked doing it that way. Am I missing something here?
    Edit: I think I figured it out or some of it. I have never hit the world editor button. Hopefully I can do all I used to in here.
    Dm.
    Z button then place blue box where you want prefab then z again then k then prefab spawn select prefab and wallah

Dm.
    Z button then place blue box where you want prefab then z again then k then prefab spawn select prefab and wallah
    Thanks I got that part now. Do we still have access to the terrain brush that you could make larger ir smaller.? Was great way to make fast mountains or canyons before.

Leader
    Thanks I got that part now. Do we still have access to the terrain brush that you could make larger ir smaller.? Was great way to make fast mountains or canyons before.
    No idea i haven't seen those tools myself. Only really just spawned prefabs didn't look at the other options pressing k had lol

Terrain Brush? I have never even seen that, where was that at before? or how would you even access that?

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBurst View Post
    Terrain Brush? I have never even seen that, where was that at before? or how would you even access that?
    One of the modders had unlocked the in-game tools lol in a16 but yeh haven't noticed it in a17 the tools the modder unlocked haven't really looked tho I must say

One of the modders had unlocked the in-game tools lol in a16 but yeh haven't noticed it in a17 the tools the modder unlocked haven't really looked tho I must say
    If I knew what it was called I could probably unlock it lol just like the POI lighting thing I did, its all code. I just don't know the calling. Anyone have a link to that A16 one I can use that as a reference.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBurst View Post
    If I knew what it was called I could probably unlock it lol just like the POI lighting thing I did, its all code. I just don't know the calling. Anyone have a link to that A16 one I can use that as a reference.
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...hlight=Terrain

Oh hot damn, Good thing I decided to scroll through the prefab section, this idea is simply awesome. I never would've tought about making a sunken highway from city to city but that has changed now! I hope you dont mind finding your awesome roads ( + Billboardzz for credits ) in Dregora's Universe, a new 7d2d map im creating