Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The State of Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpy View Post
    Perhaps he was asking to be able to see quest coords before accepting the quest.
    ^^ This!

Survivor
    Have a good vacation.

The work you did was awesome and there comes our blessed time to mod it ! New tools are very good so far when it comes to prefabing !

Have a nice sweet time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkheias View Post
    Just add a new tab in the server settings for controversial ♥♥♥♥.

The general settings tab and multiplayer settings tab could easily be merged together to make room for it.

The general settings are multiplayer settings anyway.

Edit: Also, change the max level to 420. Dew it.
    Would you also like the ability to grow Maryjane?

On topic:

Thank you Richard and TFPs, for continuing to develop the game. It continues to be my favorite PC game of all time. Maybe one day, I will reach my goal of recreating the walking dead universe complete with custom quests that take you from one iconic locale to the next. Seems like the possibility of this happening gets closer and closer with every alpha.
    Last edited by Laz Man; 12-29-2018 at 05:21 AM.

Nomad
    Thank you, and happy holidays (you all sure deserve it).

My only complaint is that you should not have release A17 Stable now. Not that you should keep working, you all have families, and not that you should have stopped working on anything in general. Only that this particular build should not have been considered a "stable" build. It would probably have done nothing if you all kept this an alpha and delayed the stable version by a number of weeks.

But that's your call, I'm just some internet rando.

No matter what, hope you take a well-earned vacation. Thanks for everything you've done!

Quote Originally Posted by zombo View Post
    See folks he didn't say FROM the community
    he said valid concerns OF the community- which is perfect- this community is bonkers- I am very concerned of them too.

Everyone wants tons of food, super fast leveling, iron tools on day one, and progression that is essentially over in 2 days of play. Most of them don't realize this is what they are asking for- but it pretty much is exactly that.
    Big thing is stamina. Food? Pfft I had 235 meat by day 14. Food is fine. Theres enough eggs to live on forever, at least in SP. There are huge fields of crops that give you enough crops to get 10 seeds right away. I think game is pretty easy so far. I'm level 45 on day 18 and have my r concrete base going up now. My iron tools are green and my steel ones I found are orange. The only thing to remotely worry about so far is a few ferals I see in POIs. I'm up to tier 3 on the quests now. I'm having a blast. I think I've died 3 times. No air drops, 24 zombies on horde night, defaults everywhere else.

Some new options will appease the casuals. Horde frequency, xp slider etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpy View Post
    Perhaps he was asking to be able to see quest coords before accepting the quest.
    Oh. Well it does say how far away it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post

On topic:

Thank you Richard and TFPs, for continuing to develop the game. It continues to be my favorite PC game of all time. Maybe one day, I will reach my goal of recreating the walking dead universe complete with custom quests that take you from one iconic locale to the next. Seems like the possibility of this happening gets closer and closer with every alpha.
    I'd love to see that, I mean PLAY that.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Big thing is stamina. Food? Pfft I had 235 meat by day 14. Food is fine. Theres enough eggs to live on forever, at least in SP. There are huge fields of crops that give you enough crops to get 10 seeds right away. I think game is pretty easy so far. I'm level 45 on day 18 and have my r concrete base going up now. My iron tools are green and my steel ones I found are orange. The only thing to remotely worry about so far is a few ferals I see in POIs. I'm up to tier 3 on the quests now. I'm having a blast. I think I've died 3 times. No air drops, 24 zombies on horde night, defaults everywhere else.

Some new options will appease the casuals. Horde frequency, xp slider etc.
    Cool beans, that will certainly help fine tune the experience. Thanks for the info. MM. Have a happy new year break!

Edit: I wish I was playing right now....my twin girls are both sick and I need to keep an eye on them.
    Last edited by Laz Man; 12-29-2018 at 06:40 AM.

Survivor
    Is it on the cards to maybe add a "trainer wheels" mode? There are plenty of individual options but a bit more overall guidance might be appropriate.

I'm not a hardcore player in the slightest but I still find a lot of tension/enjoyment comes from managing challenge. It makes me sad to see the death penalty nerfed to irrelevance, level gates dropping down, and now people are talking of stamina issues as if a new character should have infinite regen already.

I respect that this might be the wish of most players. Just give us a few mainline modes with their own defaults and everything is ok.

I just want skill descriptions to include the level requirements, if any, for learning a specific perk. I don't like being told I need to level up my Intelligence past 8 to take the next level of a perk when in reality I just needed to wait until level 40. Wasted skill points I really didn't intend to use before I found out it was unnecessary for my build.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    Hey Folks,
    We hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. The Fun Pimps are taking a long-needed development break through New Year’s.

But not to worry we will be back to work after New Years and onto patching Alpha 17.

Alpha 17 is not perfect by any means but a big step forward towards the vision we have had for the game for a long time.

We have heard some valid concerns of the community and will be making needed adjustments to the game in the coming weeks along with bug fixes, optimizations and balance.

We are gathering data on a case by case basis, balancing and addressing the true problem areas most of which so far center around optimizations, stamina, balancing XP for all play styles, land claims, increasing zombie loot drop chance, zombie block damage, skill/perk balance and gating and random world gen improvements.

Cheers Richard
    It's nice to hear that you are listening the community concern's I am very optimistic! In The Fun Pimps we trust!

It says you will be making random world gen improvements will this wipe current random gens?. I'm trying to work out if i should continue playing on the random gen server i have or if i should not get too invested and wait in case it wipes with the improvements. Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask in.

Tracker
    Thought for sure I was done with this game. A15 I played for a week. A16 I lost interest in within the first couple days.

A17 though.. wow. Never thought I'd see this game get to this place. The quests and skill system are awesome. I hope you don't change too much because I do think some of the concerns people have are just born of not understanding some new changes or some of the better ways to play now.

For instance, A lot of people are complaining about food but the problem isn't food scarcity as much as it is how poorly hunger scales with stamina drain.

There are some serious concerns though, like the gating. But again, it's not that gating is bad but rather the gating isn't balanced. I was making flawless quality items before I could even make iron tools because the forge is gated behind a skill and level but the level gate was so high that I had enough points to unlock the perk.

Still, things like zombies being so smart that they are stupid and run around with jack hammers - yeah, definitely a problem. I'd go as far to say as the radiated zombies are tad over powered too, though I can't decide if it's due to the lower game stages having too many or if they are just overpowered.

So long story short - Thanks so much for this update, but don't over react with changes due to knee jerk. I hope we get updates more often than once every year and a half from now on but this update was what this game needed direly. I can't wait for bandits and a story line. Oh and for dirt tiles to properly display next to crafted blocks when placed on the same Z axis

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Yes, please!!!! Lol... make it lower your your stamina, and raise your perception, or something lmao.

Thank you, TFP, for a great game... take your time with your families, enjoy your Holidays... Y'all have earned it.

On a side note... please, could you consider bringing back the usable jail doors, and could we PLEASE have the metal I-beam craftable?
    Also, I would be highly interested to see some more electrical options in the future.

Thank you for listening to the community. I don't think you caved to knee jerk or lazy players at all. You took your time listened and saw that the feedback was valid.

Have a great new years! And Im looking forward to the new updates.

Oh and by the way, If we could get the ability to give skill points through other means than XP (progression) And quests. For example buffs.
    That would be grate for the modding community!

Happy holidays!