Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: Are vehicles still disappearing?

  1. #61
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryZombie View Post
    Are the vehicles disappearing a multiplayer only thing? Has anyone lost one in a single player game?
    Yep, one cycle in single player. Many many vehicles lost in MP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Experimental release candidate builds have been going through testing since Friday, but several bug fixes were needed, which look complete, so this last build may make it through testing.
    Should we stay opted into experimental then? I flipped back to stable when A17 "released".

  2. #62
    Reconstructionist Hek Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by HungryZombie View Post
    Are the vehicles disappearing a multiplayer only thing? Has anyone lost one in a single player game?
    Yep, 4.

  3. #63
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    770
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hek Harris View Post
    Yep, 4.
    Interesting. I've only ever used a bicycle but that's never disappeared on me. I could see it happening in MP as there are so many variables involved but if it's happening on SP then there's a serious bug for sure.

  4. #64
    Reconstructionist Hek Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    France
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    1
    I play a lot, so I guess it does'nt happen to everybody, but it happened 3 times after having restarted the game, and once in game (I parked my motorcycle, visited a POI, run everywhere chased by some z, then came back and... surprise ! - maybe I left a chunk for another).

  5. #65
    Colony Founder Gareee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,501
    Rep Power
    1
    The other thing we've seen on our mp server, is vehicles immediately disappearing when you get off them.. even if you stop, wait a few seconds and then get off. Every single time though, if we went back to where the vehicle was mounted for that ride, it was sitting there, as if the game wasn't updating its ridden position, and when dismounted, it popped back to the position where it was mounted.

    Its not all the time, but if you drive a long distance, its a pain in the rump.

  6. #66
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    184
    Rep Power
    0
    Had my first minibike disappear today, checked all around the area nothing. Came back an hour later to find it sitting mid air just off the top of the building it was next to. Was able to reach and retrieve it, just as well it had all my dukes on it lol. Sucks it still happening to people so regularly though. You never know, if its gone, try on top of the nearest building!

  7. #67
    Refugee gwensparkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    I wish it was as simple as building a pad, but up until now I've parked in the grass next to my base and never had an issue. I didn't lose vehicles until I parked in another part of the map. There doesn't seem to be any foolproof way to prevent this. I played 16.4 starting last Jan and never had my minibike disappear. Why I'm suddenly more susceptible to a problem that appears to have been ongoing is a frustrating puzzle. I suppose if I could figure out how to prevent it, then so could TFP and the bug would be fixed! In the meantime, I'm getting used to walking, but my stamina is much better in real life, lol.

  8. #68
    Fun Pimps Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,796
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by gwensparkle View Post
    I wish it was as simple as building a pad, but up until now I've parked in the grass next to my base and never had an issue. I didn't lose vehicles until I parked in another part of the map. There doesn't seem to be any foolproof way to prevent this. I played 16.4 starting last Jan and never had my minibike disappear. Why I'm suddenly more susceptible to a problem that appears to have been ongoing is a frustrating puzzle. I suppose if I could figure out how to prevent it, then so could TFP and the bug would be fixed! In the meantime, I'm getting used to walking, but my stamina is much better in real life, lol.
    The old minibike code was very different from the new vehicle physics code, but some things like VehicleManager and base entity code are the same or similar, so some bugs are old like the dedicated server shutdown bug, while others are new like the "out of world kill".

  9. #69
    Fun Pimps Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,796
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    The other thing we've seen on our mp server, is vehicles immediately disappearing when you get off them.. even if you stop, wait a few seconds and then get off. Every single time though, if we went back to where the vehicle was mounted for that ride, it was sitting there, as if the game wasn't updating its ridden position, and when dismounted, it popped back to the position where it was mounted.
    That sounds like a different bug than the ones I have been looking at. Vehicle control transfers to the client that drives it and back to server when exited. The server should be getting position updates from the client as it is moved, which should be evident if other players are seeing you move the vehicle, since the server is telling them.

  10. #70
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    875
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlight View Post
    Should we stay opted into experimental then to get A17.1? I flipped back to stable when A17 "released".
    Anyone answer this?

  11. #71
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gwensparkle View Post
    My bicycle just vanished. Not even an icon on the map left. I was playing in a multiplayer game. I don't know if it's significant, but I'd parked it in a different location on original ground, but beneath another players platform which is elevated on pillars.
    I think you need to check your avatar regularly too, never know when the bike will disappear from that too ;p

  12. #72
    Ranger jdifran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    303
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostlight View Post
    Anyone answer this?
    I might be mistaken, but my understanding is that if you want A17.1 experimental then opt into the latest experimental. If you want to wait for A17.1 stable, opt out.

  13. #73
    Fun Pimps Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,796
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jdifran View Post
    I might be mistaken, but my understanding is that if you want A17.1 experimental then opt into the latest experimental. If you want to wait for A17.1 stable, opt out.
    Yes. I think all our stable builds should first come from an experimental build. Eventually when an experimental looks good and has what we want in it, it would be turned into stable.

  14. #74
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GrunkaLunka View Post
    Have not had this happen, but I always make a "parking area" by putting down a 4x3 rectangle of wooden plates. My understanding is that it will not disappear if it's on a user-made block or surface.
    That doesn't work either. I've lost two motorcycles in a concrete garage I made.

  15. #75
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Yup! Still 'disappearing'. I have had a bike, a mini and a two trucks disappear. I agree with others saying they 'move'. The bike I found floating WAY up above the location (the pointer was there and I nerd-poled up to it .. barely .. 200 or so frames).
    A truck I ALMOST made it to (MP) but was shy about two or three frames but had reached the top of the world and it wouldn't let me build higher. The truck and bike were lost after parking them and then logging out and back in (one truck I never figured out where it went). The minibike I was using to drive along at bedrock while tunneling. I dug a ways away from it and went back to the marked and ... gone. It's probably in bedrock and, to this day, the marker is still on the map.
    The most recent was just yesterday (05.05.2019) - again in MP. I ran up a mountain to get an airdrop (actually, about three) and came back to exactly where I new I'd left the motorcycle (and the marker was on the map) and it was gone. No idea if it moved down into the ground or up into the air (although I couldn't see it up in the air so my guess would be into the ground).
    Don't know if any of this is new info or not. I didn't read through every post here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •