Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Steel unlocks too late / in the wrong order

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Katitof View Post
    That's a problem of your approach then as steel is THE end game material for all end game items.
    If there is literally nothing above it, its the end game, if you consider it anything else then end game, then you have wrong approach.
    I do not consider "things" as endgame. I consider gamestage of a certain value endgame. The things I have are irrelevant; if I am not fighting the full strength the zombies can throw at me, it isn't endgame.

Also, you can build cobblestone base and it'll last pretty much as long as steel one during horde night if you'll try to build walls for Zs to hit.
    We refuse to cheese the AI.

That said, the above sentence is utter nonsense. To get to our Steel walls, the horde has to get through an outer fence of barbed wire and iron bars. After that, 2 layers of blade traps with electric fence wires running all over the ground where they are. And 3 auto-turrets per side backing that up. Then 3 layers of spike traps. And only THEN do they reach our outer walls (because we have this on all 4 sides of the base). And during all this 4 of us are standing firing outwards from a "shark cage" of iron bars that sits just above the main outer wall. Very few zombies actually get to the walls, relatively speaking, thus meaning the difference between Steel and Cobblestone is gigantic. Absolutely gigantic.
    Last edited by Ghostlight; 01-02-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolJ View Post
    No there is no difference. None of the perks in the game are required to play it. For you to insinuate that the ones you feel are important are the only ones that are, is laughable. Also, we have another person who doesn't understand the usage of the term "Entitlement". Which is the expectation of a reward that one did not work for. It has already been established that I did indeed work for it and I have completed the games requirements to use it. Yet I cannot.
    There IS a huge difference between those perks if there wasn't then you wouldn't be crying over it so badly. There are so many other things that need to be balanced and tweaked but this is the one that you raise total chaos over.

Right, the wrong way to go about getting a better shotgun is not to perk into building shotguns. I should have instead chosen some other marginally related perk that still will not guarantee that I get a better shotgun. Seems logical.
    You shouldn't perk for high intelligence just because of you wanting to create stronger guns, you want it so you can craft better tools and armor since that opens up far more of the game for you once you can create stronger iron and steel tools, if you perked for higher looting your chances of getting a stronger shotgun are much higher since they are a very common loot item, thats just smarter to do, you can still do it your inferior way if you want. I'm just trying to give you advice.

You are correct. I only see it one way. Because there is only one correct way to see it. Plenty of people think the earth is flat. Doesn't change the fact that they are wrong.
    Delusional much? You're so full of yourself at this point I'm losing all/any interesting in trying to talk with you about the subject. The earth being round is something you can google and image or youtube the ISS to prove that its not flat, you're not proving your way is the correct way, just advocating it, so lets take our ego down a notch, you're at a 15, bring it back down to a 6 or a 7.

The solution is for TFPs to fix the inconsistency that they created when they made a decision that had further reaching harmful effects that they failed to predict. Comparing me to a mother with children doesn't really make much sense. I would be inclined to agree and allow her ahead of me just so she can get out of there faster. There by lessening the suffering of my self and those around me. Besides, my coffee comes from a pot in the kitchen. The most offensive thing anyone has said to me today is this insinuation that I would ever purchase coffee from a Starbucks.
    Did you see where madmole already posted that steel is being switched to be available at level 35?
    Is there oversights? Yes, people are human, the devs are too, but you're seriously acting like a spoiled brat that wants it their way lol, some things suck but most of us look for a work around or a solution to it in the mean time, this doesn't kill your playstyle nearly as much as mine if you consider the state of PVP right now with only 1 claim block, we've had some topics about that already but we aren't demanding a fix, once TFP said they are working on a resolution we left it at that, you should do the same.

I'm comparing your "Entitlement" to that of a mother who insists she gets to be first in line because shes a mother of kids who keep her up at night and everyone else has lesser chaotic lives and are well rested. I'm not stating "You" personally.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    There IS a huge difference between those perks if there wasn't then you wouldn't be crying over it so badly. There are so many other things that need to be balanced and tweaked but this is the one that you raise total chaos over.
    ...because the boy wants a purple shotgun!!! Seriously, weren't you listening??

The logic at work:

No perks are required, therefore all perks are equal. I'd say that's an association fallacy. Clearly some perks are better than others. If you took a pole, and asked people to rate 10 perks on desirability from 1 to 10, you'd find consensus with the results. Outliers?....certainly, but ultimately there'd be identifiable, popular perks.

No more food for the thread goblins though...this one's got a stake in it and feeding it further is just cruel.

-Morloc

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Great_Sephiroth View Post
    I'm still feeling out the new system, but I do have a slight problem with it. I have dozens of guns (week one) and no way to maintain or upgrade them. I believe I am level 28. I even found a pistol book somewhere, but it is obviously not used to learn from now. I also have steel tools, some nice ones, and no way to repair them. Think steel axe, pick, and one shovel. So now I have to go for weeks hoping to keep finding them? Seems odd. Also, I have found maybe ten or twelve bars of steel.

Either way I am still giving this system a chance, but it feels very off. I am still in week one and have steel everything and no way to repair it reliably. Overall I am enjoying A17, but the crafting side seems to need some work, perhaps on the new skill system. Oh well, it's alpha and changes will come down the pipe as time allows.
    Yeah, i don't like the repair system. I think instead of a repair kit for the gun, it needs to be a gun cleaning session. Gun cleaning should take a few minutes. Based on your weapon skill, there should be a % chance that you botch the cleaning and downgrade the weapon, and on the flip side a % that you upgrade it.

With the steel tools, why do we need steel to repair them? we are not reforging them, just fixing damaged stuff on the tool. Duct tape seems to be a better concept for fixing tools than iron or steel. For stone tools, they should end up like the bone shivs and just break, maybe break down into components. bone shivs should break down into bone dust, and that should also be a glue material...

The old steel was gated as well. If anything it was just about the same level.

Getting lucky and finding some steel or buying it from a trader, or if you know the game well, you can harvest certain objects to get forged iron and steel, and those are surprisingly abundant if you know where to look.

I don't see a problem with how it is right now.
    Yeah you can get enough steel if you're looking for it, provided RWG gives you enough Wasteland to search.

Those pole tops give Forged Iron and Forged Steel and take very little to wrench.

Problem is..... RWG sucks atm.
    Though... it's gotten so much better and I foresee it being great by the time TFP are done tweaking it.

Banned
    There is a difference between luxury and efficiency. We buy most perks to play the game more efficiently.
    (More harvest with each strike, less ammo with every shot, more crops with every punch less stam every tick hit harder, stronger, faster ) The mid game essentially is the point in which the player is thriving from efficiency that they can play comfortably, versus the beginning of the game which was an atrocious grind and a struggle just to get by.

That's the key word there,
    Comfort

Luxury is the next step. You're skipping a tier.

You have many many alternatives to what you're trying to do and eventually, (Probably faster than you realize) you'll have what you want anyway and all you've done is look really silly with all this arguing and trying to assert your entitlement because the devs did something you don't understand.

You're really going about this all the wrong way really, if you want a better shotgun just up your lucky looter, put on a pair of lucky goggles and go safe/crate cracking, you'll find something decent enough probably faster than going to level 10/10 int crafting flawless items.

My point is you only see it one way, yours. You want so very much to be right and you can't stand anyone telling you anything different it seems.

Look for solutions, work around, not be that annoying blonde at star bucks that insists she get a fast pass lane to the front of the line just because she popped out a couple of crotch fruits.
    Not leveling up your abilty to craft shotguns and instead leveling up skills related to looting. Thats this alpha in a nutshell, crafting is gated to hell but looting/trader isnt... why? Looting and the trader should offer more to the gameplay than being a progression skip.

Talk about only seeing things one way:
    Some people want to actualy craft thier items in this game that is (at least in part) about crafting, turning around and going 'just loot it instead brah' is not very helpful, its even worse when the developers put in-place systems like this that strongly encourage a certain playstyle.

Its soooooo much easier to loot eg a steel fireaxe than it is to craft one and thats broken.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfyBlah View Post
    Some people want to actualy craft thier items in this game that is (at least in part) about crafting, turning around and going 'just loot it instead brah' is not very helpful, its even worse when the developers put in-place systems like this that strongly encourage a certain playstyle.
    Its soooooo much easier to loot eg a steel fireaxe than it is to craft one and thats broken.
    What's the point to look for an item if you can easily craft it ? Conversely, if you don't find it, in the end, you can craft it. It's perfectly consistent in this game and it encourages both kinds of playstyles. If we listened to you, looting would no longer make sense.

Not leveling up your abilty to craft shotguns and instead leveling up skills related to looting. Thats this alpha in a nutshell, crafting is gated to hell but looting/trader isnt... why? Looting and the trader should offer more to the gameplay than being a progression skip.

I had to craft my iron tools as well as I never found any, nor have I found any steel tools despite 4/5 (+1 because I pop on lucky goggles before I loot crates) so no Its not a 1-sided mindset, I was saying you make the best with what you have, how your game is turning out with your RNG luck can influence where you spend your points.

I was level 102 before I found my tool and die set. I could have bought one from the trader, but I made the decision that I was doing fine with only iron arrows and I was finding enough ammo to keep me going through horde nights and thus I decided not to spend my dukes on it, electing to save my dukes to save up for Solar Panels and cells.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hek Harris View Post
    What's the point to look for an item if you can easily craft it ? Conversely, if you don't find it, in the end, you can craft it. It's perfectly consistent in this game and it encourages both kinds of playstyles. If we listened to you, looting would no longer make sense.
    So if you can easily craft somthig its not worth looking for it as loot.
    But if you dont find it as loot you can EVENTUALY craft it...
    Sure sounds to me like one of those is vastly diffrent than the other: one is RNG and the other is just a massive time gate.

I wish there would be a extra bar, lets name it "Focus"
    The bar loads during a week and if full you can craft a Q6 Item (if your perks allow it)

Wold be in my opinion the best way to reduce the overpowered crafting
    Q5 would be allways possible (if perk is taken)

+a 2% Chance that a item loose a quality level on repair

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    I wish there would be a extra bar, lets name it "Focus"
    The bar loads during a week and if full you can craft a Q6 Item (if your perks allow it)

Wold be in my opinion the best way to reduce the overpowered crafting
    Q5 would be allways possible (if perk is taken)

+a 2% Chance that a item loose a quality level on repair
    Please god no.
    No more abitrary gates on crafting, it is not over powered, if anything its the exact oposite and massivly under powered as it stands.

Please god no.
    No more abitrary gates on crafting, it is not over powered, if anything its the exact oposite and massivly under powered as it stands.
    You can have all items on Q6 with 90% of all mods you ever want and over 200 000 Coins on day 49 without any problems.
    How do you come to the idea it would be underpowered ?

Banned
    You can have all items on Q6 with 90% of all mods you ever want and over 200 000 Coins on day 49 without any problems.
    How do you come to the idea it would be underpowered ?
    Its pretty obvious why i think crafting is underpowered.

1) You loot or trade for an item to get it.
    No requirments on this beyond luck with RNG. You will find mods for the weapon as you are alreadly looting for the weapon itself.

2) you grind litteral hours of XP before you can craft an item. You have no mods for it because those are a loot only item. And you were not looting while *presumably* crafting to level up. You have a higher gamestage and as a result tougher enemies to fight.

Crafting the thing is (excessively) gated, finding it as loot isnt. You are also forced to loot after crafting the item anyway because thats what the mod system is there for: to make crafted items weak as piss without you looting rare items.

Looting/trading is over powered.
    If the devs are so set on us having strict defined stages and tool progression... stop letting looting and trading bypass them.
    -
    For clarity im fine with loot only items being tied to progression (skill books, tool & die set) if they make sense. Im not fine with having to grind 80 levels and loot 6 rare items before i can make a pickaxe that dosent suck.
    Last edited by WolfyBlah; 01-03-2019 at 11:00 PM.

So you ask for a gameplay

Level int up
    Mine a few days and collect other stuff
    Produce a ton of Tools/weapons/Armor, sell them, buy more ressources
    Produce a ton of Tools/weapons/Armor, sell most of them, keep a complete set for yourself

Game over

The point is that Looting need much more time and can keep the player busy for a much longer time

Inventor
    So you ask for a gameplay

Level int up
    Mine a few days and collect other stuff
    Produce a ton of Tools/weapons/Armor, sell them, buy more ressources
    Produce a ton of Tools/weapons/Armor, sell most of them, keep a complete set for yourself

Game over

The point is that Looting need much more time and can keep the player busy for a much longer time
    And much more risk of death.