Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: sphereii's DMT Mods

Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    I'm not sure what the issue is. When I use the SDX mod, it just works. Is there any other modlet that you are running?
    I'm also getting the "blank gray bar" with the enemy hp bar modlet. However, it only works properly when god mode is enabled. I don't know how to fix that...

Refugee
    I got the same issue as well. I installed the SDX that was said to be required. I tried it as the only modlet and it didn't work as well.

Refugee
    I'm not sure what the issue is. When I use the SDX mod, it just works. Is there any other modlet that you are running?
    Nope, no other modlets - just that one as you can see in my screenshot. I'm running it through your launcher on vanilla A17 too.

Haven't modified the xui.xml (took a clean copy) or done anything else - it just doesn't work.

Hi,

I don't use the mod launcher.

I run it through SDX 0.7.3 without any problems. It works. Flawlessly.
    Go to this link. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...0-7-3-Alpha-17

There is an installation tutorial on that page also. It's not too dificult to install. If you can find your 7 days folder you are halfway there.

While I would definitely watch the excellent tutorial if I were you, it shows sniper 308 verifying the steam installation.
    This is good practice and will serve the needs of most people to assure everthing runs clean.
    If however, you have custom assets installed, or you have other tweaks of your own, OUTSIDE of the mod folder, it will replace them with the original files of whatever version of the game, you are verifying your files against.

That's your only warning.

I have custom edits and modlets with custom assets so I never verify unless I want to build a fresh install.

I am in no way associated with the maker of SDX. I came in here to help. Probably against my better judgement.
    If you can't get it working after watching Sniper 308's tutorial, or reading the thread, or from my example below, just walk away.

Download SDX 0.7.3 from the link.
    Unzip the file. I believe you should now have a folder called SDX 0.7.3
    If you look inside you should see a bunch of files.
    Place that folder in the root of a drive.
    I have steam installed on my D:\ drive, so I put SDX 0.7.3 in the root of that drive.
    Go into the SDX 0.7.3 folder. You will see a little SDX7DTD.exe launcher.
    Create a shortcut for it unto your desktop. Here you will be able to access it conveniently, if you want to add new SDX mods.
    Run the shortcut you have just created.
    When the program opens, click on settings at the top.
    At the top of the next page, you will see the text "Game Directory" beside a long blank panel.
    Go to the top right box beside this and click it. Navigate to your 7 Days to Die folder.
    After that, it will take you back to the page that asked you for your "Game Directory".
    Click "Save" on the bottom. This will set the path and save it.
    Click on build. When finished, you should get confirmation of completion in green text.

Now the mods.

Run the shortcut we created earlier to the desktop, if the program is not already open.
    When the program opens, click on the Mods Folder button at the top.

Lets put a mod in there.

Put the enemy health bar mod in there and close the folder.
    Click refresh in the top right. It is good practice to click Refresh after you install or uninstall mods.
    Open the "Mods" panal next to the "Output" panel. You will see the mod in there.
    There should be a checkmark next to it. Click on the "Build" button at the bottom.
    The program will now decompile parts of the game code and inject the mod files in, and rebuild. It's beautiful.

It will tell you in green text at the bottom when it has completed.

You can now run the game from the steam launcher, but I like to run it from the program after I first inject a new SDX mod. Incidently, if you look in your 7 Days Mod folder, you will see the mod you just installed with SDX 0.7.3
    The beauty of this program, is that, with just a little effort on your part, you can better customize your game experience.

While I have not looked too deeply at the mod, I would reason that the grey bar that most of you were seeing, was probably the ui placement for information that was not injected properly. I don't use the mod launcher, nor have I anything to do with the mod. And while I wanted to help, I also did not want to see sphereii look for issues that do not seem to exist with the mod.

I also run ui mods, and a load of modlets. No problems. Runs beautifully. Other SDX mods I have are: Wandering Traders, Bandits, Guppy Mobiles.

I hope someone finds this information useful.

Peace out.
    Last edited by Necrodemus; 02-08-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Added support for A17.2e using a branch: https://github.com/7D2DMods/SDXMods/....2Experimental

I get now with the 17.2 an error message in menue
    "argument expetion the requestet value bloodmoon frequency was not found"
    and i can not start a game
    in 17.1 was all ready

Hi Sphereii, loving all your work and use 'em all. It's only a small matter but I also love upping Zed spawns plus Barrio's headshot modlet and going on a noggin poppin lark - sadly I think that the transmogrifier negates the modlet. How difficult would it be (if at all) to make them play nice?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkimunki View Post
    Hi Sphereii, loving all your work and use 'em all. It's only a small matter but I also love upping Zed spawns plus Barrio's headshot modlet and going on a noggin poppin lark - sadly I think that the transmogrifier negates the modlet. How difficult would it be (if at all) to make them play nice?

Cheers
    Take a look in the transmogrifier's Config folder for the entityclasses.xml

Code:
    <!-- Turn on head shots, and random speeds for entities-->
      <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'zombieTemplateMale')]" >
        <property name="HeadShots" value="true" />
        <property name="RandomSpeeds" value="true" />
        <property name="RandomSize" value="true" />
    Set that HeadShots to false.

OMG! It works like a charm! Thanks so much - can't believe a true 'legend' has just made lil ol'me's day! Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Chunkimunki View Post
    OMG! It works like a charm! Thanks so much - can't believe a true 'legend' has just made lil ol'me's day! Cheers
    haha I am not sure of the legend, but glad it worked for you.

Hunter
    Take a look in the transmogrifier's Config folder for the entityclasses.xml

Code:
    <!-- Turn on head shots, and random speeds for entities-->
      <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[starts-with(@name, 'zombieTemplateMale')]" >
        <property name="HeadShots" value="true" />
        <property name="RandomSpeeds" value="true" />
        <property name="RandomSize" value="true" />
    Set that HeadShots to false.
    I came looking for this! Been wanting the headshots to work again!

Survivor
    ERROR: System.InvalidOperationException: The sequence contains no matching elements
    by System.Linq.Enumerable.First [TSource] (IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
    by AnimationChange.Patch (ModuleDefinition module)
    by SevenDaysToDiePlugin.BuildAndRunPatchModsTask.RunP atcherMods ()
    ERROR: Task Compile against patcher scripts failed

Getting this error when trying to build with SDX. Alpha 17.2
    Last edited by fnfear; 02-13-2019 at 08:25 PM.

Survivor
    ok I am getting ERROR: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
    at AnimationChange.Patch(ModuleDefinition module)
    at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.BuildAndRunPatchModsTask.RunP atcherMods()
    ERROR: Task Compile mod patcher scripts failed

when trying to build just the animation sdx for 17.2 what am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluman View Post
    ok I am getting ERROR: System.InvalidOperationException: Sequence contains no matching element
    at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)
    at AnimationChange.Patch(ModuleDefinition module)
    at SevenDaysToDiePlugin.BuildAndRunPatchModsTask.RunP atcherMods()
    ERROR: Task Compile mod patcher scripts failed

when trying to build just the animation sdx for 17.2 what am I doing wrong?
    Use the experimental branch of the mods: https://github.com/7D2DMods/SDXMods/....2Experimental

Survivor
    I used the experimental versions when I got that error.