Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Do Players Do at Night Now? A17

Quote Originally Posted by PoppaTot View Post
    Legit may be related, or have very similar personalities lmao?
    Both? lol

Inventor
    If you're interested in mining at night then once you're 40 or so blocks below grade they won't sense you.

As Royal mentioned, clearing the area around you at dusk is pretty helpful if you prefer a peaceful night.

I'd recommend digging the first 20 blocks of the access shaft only after clearing around you. Oh, and 'pro tip', -don't- crouch digging the access shaft.

It doesn't seem to do much to hide you but it does really lower your hearing; so you're more likely to miss the noise of them breaking in above you. Once 40+ down, & at least 20 blocks horizontally away from base/hatch, then I crouch, just to save my ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Pooh-Bear View Post
    Both? lol
    lol, well then, welcome to the family haha

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyStar View Post
    And this isn't messing with your horde nights?

I know in A16 if you screwed around with the time you could upset Blood Moon spawning and they'd start showing at at two in the after noon or not at all.
    For me that has worked like a charm the nights i've run out of ideas of what to do,
    and it has not affected traders nor horde nights in A17.

Quote Originally Posted by FileMachete View Post
    If you're interested in mining at night then once you're 40 or so blocks below grade they won't sense you.

As Royal mentioned, clearing the area around you at dusk is pretty helpful if you prefer a peaceful night.

I'd recommend digging the first 20 blocks of the access shaft only after clearing around you. Oh, and 'pro tip', -don't- crouch digging the access shaft.

It doesn't seem to do much to hide you but it does really lower your hearing; so you're more likely to miss the noise of them breaking in above you. Once 40+ down, & at least 20 blocks horizontally away from base/hatch, then I crouch, just to save my ears.
    + Have enough ammo to kill a complete horde that stucks above you in your access shaft.

I usually start digging from day 2. Put the entrance behind cobblestone walls reachable from my base in the upper floor of a POI. Stop if I hear a zombie. Also often pause to make my stealth regenerate if I'm not deep enough. Also might even do some diggin by day to get to a safe underground level fast and at a time where I can handle a zombie digging to me.

Didn't have problems with this yet, but might have been just luck. I did get zombies once who didn't dig but tried to get in through the former door that was now a cobblestone wall. Not sure if I was in the mine at that moment though.

i know both
    * i digged for hours with a auger and had no zombies
    * i digged for a few minutes and had a wulfpack on my head and a wandering horde

I'm willing to kick off a quest at night, but sometimes you'll get a tougher POI with a higher quest level that really should wait until morning to complete. If I've already started it, then I'll do my best to poke around gathering resources. Construction is probably the best thing to do if you have something lined up.

-Morloc