Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Alpha 17.1 Experimental B8 bug reporting thread

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Gideon View Post
    Just something to consider related to this update:

Harvesting and building XP has been increased so support can keep up with combat. However, if you are actually in a party, and the server config is already set up to take this in to account with a larger than standard XP sharing radius, this boost now lets support builders advance a good amount faster than combat roles.

In essence, there really wasn't a problem before as long as the server is configured correctly.

Full disclosure, I always end up playing the support builder role.
    Mining xp has been increased by rougly 120% in 17.1, resulting in you being able to get over 20k experience in <5 minutes while mining out iron. Its a balancement issue despite the xp share range.

Example: iron went from 45 to 49 amount per sphere, xp went from 4.5 to 9 xp per material. with motherload 5 this would result in a change from 45x2(motherload 5)x4.5=405 xp per sphere to 49x2(motherload 5)x9=882xp per sphere.

Steel axe will get an iron sphere down in 4 hits (i change mods out to make it 5 due to a harvest issue). with the steel pickaxe getting 47 attacks per minutes (if i read the config files right). That would add up to a maximum of 41.454 xp per 5 minutes. Ofcourse you wont be mining only iron and i personally found im getting 20-30k per 5 minutes. still adds up to 240k+ an hour
    Last edited by MrVecetti; 01-15-2019 at 12:08 PM.

Refugee
    Summary: Dismembermet of limbs (arms/legs) not working
    Version: A17.1 B8/A17 Stable/B240/B238/... all since A16.4
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10 64bit
    Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? YES
    Did you start a new game? YES
    Did you validate your files? YES
    Are you using any mods? NO
    EAC on/off? ON

Bug Description: Dismembermet does not work at all

Reproduce steps:
    1. Put skillponts to Perception / Explosive Weapons
    2. Try any weapon and/or armunition type to dismember legs on zeds

Actual result: Never dismember limbs (arms / legs).

Expected result: legs / arms should be dismembered.

Summary: Strange terrain and floating trees
    Version:
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV) Random map

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No) no
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No) no
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No) probably not, I don't know what that means.
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No) no
    EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: When me and my friend started a new game in a random map the terrain was different for us. We were in the wasteland and he just saw the wasteland, but I saw snowy trees and a lot of them! I also encountered floating trees, both wasteland-trees and snowy ones. Some of them had only one hitpoints so I could shoot at them and they fell down to earth as you felled them with an axe. I saw those trees even inside houses.
    We restarted the game and it was no difference.

There is also the issue with the random maps that the differend biome is mixed like a quilt. You could find all biomes in a city. One house was in desert, one in wasteland and one was on wintertile. You could walk from the desert side of the street, where you got heatstroke to winter where you froze in just 20 blocks.

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    once done click ok
    there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) https://photos.app.goo.gl/6fmnvW3mxA97WbRT9
    2) https://photos.app.goo.gl/9QAGEakvs7885Equ5
    3) https://photos.app.goo.gl/D6NCZLZ85JJWes7L7

Actual result:

Expected result:

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteLionATX View Post
    Summary: Dismembermet of limbs (arms/legs) not working
    Version: A17.1 B8/A17 Stable/B240/B238/... all since A16.4
    Game mode: SP, RWG

Did you wipe old saves? YES
    Did you start a new game? YES
    Did you validate your files? YES
    Are you using any mods? NO
    EAC on/off? ON

Bug Description: Dismembermet does not work at all

Reproduce steps:
    1. Put skillponts to Perception / Explosive Weapons
    2. Try any weapon and/or armunition type to dismember legs on zeds

Actual result: Never dismember limbs (arms / legs).

Expected result: legs / arms should be dismembered.
    But they burn now like witches

Zombie Hunter
    are they going to add back in Dismemberment?

I think YES. It was one of the fun factors now missing.
    Like the black knight in 'Monthy Python and the holy grail'

Colony Founder
    Deleted, double post.
    Last edited by sillls; 01-15-2019 at 08:55 PM.

Colony Founder
    Summary: Ships falling apart

Spoiler: 

Version: 240B
    Platform: (PC)
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode SP

Did you wipe old saves? (No)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes)
    Did you validate your files? (No)
    Are you using any mods? (No)
    EAC on or off ? EAC?

Bug Description: Ships falling apart

I just started playing a new game V-240B, the latest non-experimental version.

I want to a dock and to my surprise, I found some ships sitting at the dock. I got onboard and found that the vessel was both free floating and immobile. So it was more like a floating platform made to look like a ship.

I found a oil drum of gas on this ship and I took it.

Well ladies and gentlemen, when I did that, all hell broke lose on the ship. It literally fell apart on me. I was at the back of the ship and looked just time to see what I heard, that the ship was breaking down. I jumped off of it onto the dock and watch the whole ship completely fall apart and drop into the water, leavening a hole in the water were the ship was.

I was playing the Navezgane map at the fishery near Trader Joes. Incase anyone was interested in testing this.

Has anyone had this happen to them? Has it been reported already?
    If not I can make the report.

Reproduce steps: Go onto a ship in the area described.
    Try removing objects from the ship such as the oil drum.

Actual result: (ship falling apart and falling into water)

Expected result: (To take items without losing ship)

Could someone please verify this using this in experimental version and report findings here?
    Thanks.

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

ships have known issues and already reported

Thanks

Last edited by unholyjoe; 01-15-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Alpha 17.1 Experimental B9 is out!

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...porting-thread

Community Moderator Red Eagle LXIX's Avatar
    Summary: dismember NullReferenceException - reported on Steam multiple times now - filing report on behalf of these reports
    Version: Alpha 17b240 and Alpha 17.1b8
    Game mode: MP and SP
    Game World: Navegane

Bug Description:
    Crash with a Null reference error related to traps and dismember.
    Cause appears to be Traps (autoturret & blade trap).
    Restarting the host/server cleared the error for one, I've not heard back on the other yet.