Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chunks on land claims resetting completely ruining bases....

Refugee
    Hey just another update, i replaced the banks and turrets in exactly the same place and they filled with echo mats. Magical. I'm wondering if any ppl above had dug under their base, i can confirm 2 on the server i'm on did that had the vanilla bug. Trying to find a correlation.

Scavenger
    This sounds rly weird. We had no el. devices on the chunk that reseted so I cant concur. On other hand every single loot from our chests was gone and we placed them on the exact same spot.

Scavenger
    Did a trader mission to a building near where some friends have a base and the trader mission resets the chunk, luckily it only reset the tunnels dug, wasn't close enough to other peoples base. So if somebody does a mission to your base poi, it will reset it and you'll lose everything.

QA Lead
    Hello everybody!

We are aware of the issue and are working on it, but are still looking for more data.
    We can hopefully resolve this soon.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Hated View Post
    Hello everybody!

We are aware of the issue and are working on it, but are still looking for more data.
    We can hopefully resolve this soon.
    Thank you very much !

Scavenger
    @stryker290
    I dont think this was the issue with anyone in this thread, the 1 POI that got partial reset was not reseted completely which should happen with trader Q. Other bases that I saw in this thread were not build anywhere near a POI (our base including).

@Hated
    Thanks for the update, I would love to provide more info about it, but there was nothing in the logs so we did not save them back then (which I regret right now, devs would be a lot better at finding the problem using logs then us players) it will probably happen in the future and hopefully someone will be able to provide more info about it, which would help you identify and fix this problem.

Refugee
    *edit double post , see below
    Last edited by savemulder; 01-27-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Refugee
    this happened on my dedicated server as well. we made a killer base in a random spot , not a POI , and one day a whole corner is gone. the chunk data seems to go from bedrock to ceiling cause we had tunnels on bedrock coming up into this portion of the base and it was all returned to the default voxel world. luckily i had a two day old backup of the server files and was able to revert to that and fix the corrupt data, but we lost over 14 hrs IRL gameplay... i found a couple errors , ERR , in log files i'd like to paste below.
    Code:
    (I believe this is WHEN the save-chunk error occured)

2019-01-18T20:19:22 521.628 ERR Could not save file 'C:\Users\Merat1\AppData\Roaming/7DaysToDie/Saves/Old Copatu Valley/mulders server\Player/76561198122479656.map': Sharing violation on path C:\Users\Merat1\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Old Copatu Valley\mulders server\Player\76561198122479656.map

2019-01-18T20:19:22 521.628 EXC Sharing violation on path C:\Users\Merat1\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Old Copatu Valley\mulders server\Player\76561198122479656.map
    IOException: Sharing violation on path C:\Users\Merat1\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves\Old Copatu Valley\mulders server\Player\76561198122479656.map

(Next time I load the server I believe I get this error from a bad chunk-load...)

2019-01-19T14:31:15 471.130 ERR EXCEPTION: In load chunk (chunkX=0 chunkZ=129):Failed to read past end of stream.
    StackTrace: at PooledBinaryReader.ReadByte () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    I do remember experiencing some bad lag around that time and so , idk what I was thinking ,
    - I opened TASK MANAGER , 7d2d server right-click properties , security -tab- , and I changed ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES to have FULL CONTROL modify/read/write permission.... I've since deleted and re-installed the server files off steam ; but thought important to included - did it effect my error ?? idk... no land claims - only 3 of us , we dont use 'em

*edit . I have log files still...
    Last edited by savemulder; 01-27-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Yeah we had this happen 3 times now on 2 different maps / builds. Current map is a clean b9 wipe with nothing carried over from any previous save. Just had a few users report to me that their base is now missing a 15x15 chunk (reset back to grass / trees etc). Frustrating for players building, and admins. Hope this gets resolved soon.

Happened on my dedi server as well. Took over the apartment building with 4 penthouses at the top. 1 of the penthouses completely reset to vanilla while the others stayed the same. Buddy lost all of his loot. Oddly enough though, the crafting stations stayed.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxley View Post
    This sounds rly weird. We had no el. devices on the chunk that reseted so I cant concur. On other hand every single loot from our chests was gone and we placed them on the exact same spot.
    Yeah mate the boxes didn't work but strangely the solar/gas and battery banks did.
    Just had another mate get his base 1/3 vanilla. His isn't a poi, just a place put in the woods.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by open6l View Post
    Yeah we had this happen 3 times now on 2 different maps / builds. Current map is a clean b9 wipe with nothing carried over from any previous save. Just had a few users report to me that their base is now missing a 15x15 chunk (reset back to grass / trees etc). Frustrating for players building, and admins. Hope this gets resolved soon.
    More than game breaking. Methinks that the quest poi resets more than it should. After saying that i've taken quests left right and centre to my base and it hasn't resulted that. More data

Scavenger
    We play without the land claim block - i created game, my husband joins.

We had several times that i made a digging, filled it with spikes , go away questing - and after back to home, i cant see the digging and no spikes -there was normal terrain i could walk over. After rologging ( i thought first i cant dig around POIs i made my base) i had my dingging normally. That will sometimes occur - sometimes i am alone, sometimes my husband logged to my game.
    We do not use the land claim block.

we had a very strange thing by questing today : a poi: my husband sunk in the ground as he had no terrain - for me was all normal.
    I relogged and we both were ok.

We logged off as we had a rl chat with our neighbours - i hosted the game and where the underground area was - there was only grass for me - my husband saw it normal... I had to relock (and as i hosted he has kicked too) and for both then after relogging was all normal.

Sry for my bad english - i am long time out of school where i learned it .

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Narima View Post
    Sry for my bad english - i am long time out of school where i learned it .
    Your English is fine.

Refugee
    There does not need to be a land clam block for a chunk to reset. This has happened to a handful of players, including myself on my server.
    I can't seem to find a pattern for when it's happening. All I can say is that it has not reset a base in the same spot. But has reset a base in all 4 corners of it. In different resets. This has happened to a couple players on the server.

The server will run from 1-2 players to up to a dozen. Depending upon who is on that night. Number of players doesn't seem to make a difference with the resets happening.