Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: A17.1: "For builders, we have bolstered XP for harvesting and mining substantially"

I find underground mining extremely relaxing.
    Give me food, drink, some wood for struts and support and I won't see any urgency to come back up until I run out of food.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    I don't know about you, but until I have pink gear and weapons that are chock full of mods, the impending doom of game stage 300 zombies coming feels like I need to keep looting/gathering. And its not fully documented the new threat the AI might pose to bases,muahahahahaaha.
    Are you talking about a fat man in a Hawaiian shirt who will scatter and destroy the walls with his body? )

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Ah ok! So this was the PVP Update then. Sweet. OnlyMeiya will be extremely happy they finally pulled the trigger.
    Should I be flattered you mentioned me?

I'm actually really glad that when PVP is mentioned people think of my name.

What really needs to happen is the exp for killing zeds needs to scale up better for the added difficulty of dealing with feral and radiated zeds, mining was never really an issue even before it was buffed and it was infinitely OP in 16.4. Just grab an auger, and go trigger happy, you'd be 200 before you knew it.

Quote Originally Posted by gazz
    I find underground mining extremely relaxing.
    Give me food, drink, some wood for struts and support and I won't see any urgency to come back up until I run out of food.
    For once, and probably only once I can agree with Gazz, mining is very therapeutic.

Refugee
    [QUOTE=BobTheBard;928067]In my experience, the issue only pops up when you play in a co-op group. While the zombie-killer and the miner both get roughly similar XP at late-game (most of us were complaining about early and mid-game, where zombie-killing is infinitely better) the miner does not share their XP with the zombie-killer while the zombie-killer is sharing theirs. The miner will thus always outlevel the zombie-killer because they're getting XP that is not being shared even if the miner is getting less XP for mining than the zombie-killer is for killing zombies. The solution is simple enough - Allow all XP gains to be shared the way zombie-killing XP is.

Or just turn off map wide xp share and leave it on the base radius that's stupid and broke as ♥♥♥♥ anyway. Realistically why would something u do 2 towns over make me all at once better? I'm glad they fixed this I might actually go back and play it some now it was trash when this update first launched was a total ♥♥♥♥ u to builders

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Reth View Post
    I think they went the wrong way about this. People want XP badly because early game is severely lacking. I find that once I get iron tools and some basic workstations around lvl 60, I stop farming XP and start playing normally.

Early game needs some more options, right now there are very few things you can do that aren't tedious.
    ^ this - though not to 60. I really do try and level till forge and iron.

There is something to be said about how the opening of the game really is slow and that makes it tedious. Perhaps we did not need the devs to force stone tools for so long as much as we might need something between stone - pitifully slow and feels pointless - and Iron when you are now able to actually collect resources.