Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 525 of 870

Thread: Feedback for The Fun Pimps on Alpha 17

  1. #511
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    I've played solo in 16.4 quite a lot and I am currently playing 17.1 stable on a multiplayer server with a couple of nice people.

    I must say the features brought about by this iteration is great. I like the new leveling system... while all of it can still be improved, its a step in a less tedious direction to improve your character that I like.

    Vehicles are the stars of this update in my opinion, thanks for those.

    But. There is a but.

    The game is nearly unplayable for me now. Performance issues are the number 1 culprit. I have bought more ram (I now have 16 gb) and the game still noms through that easily, there is clearly some undeniable memory leaks going on.

    And the zombies at later game stage ... boi... they just make the screen freeze as they try to path to me on open terrain! its insane!

    not much problems in the early stage of the game ... but when you start to hit like ... gamestage 300+ ... man its unplayable.

  2. #512
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectralfx View Post
    The game is nearly unplayable for me now. Performance issues are the number 1 culprit. I have bought more ram (I now have 16 gb) and the game still noms through that easily, there is clearly some undeniable memory leaks going on.
    Try turning off reflections. That really did the trick for me. Turning them down to medium or low does not seem to do much, but once i turned them off completely i gained about 15-20 fps on average. The water looks a bit funny that way, but since there isnt much water on the maps anyway i dont really mind for the moment.
    It probably wont help you with the lag from big zombie hordes, but it might help with overall game performance.

  3. #513
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    870
    Rep Power
    1
    The game seems to need a fast CPU and HDD more than a decent GPU. I recently upgraded to a new nVME (super fast) HDD and the impact on 7Days was astounding.

  4. #514
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,912
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PerformLAB View Post
    Hi fellas, I tried doing a search for this, and came out empty handed, and I am not tech savvy enough to even find exactly where in this board to ask this, but I have a few little glitches in my new game, and I believe it must be something I done, because I have not seen an experimental before that had these things happen, so here I am asking for help...

    1. Fall Damage has disapeared
    2. Beer/Coffee/Red Tea/Golden Rod Tea have no effect
    3. I no longer get encumbered no matter how many things I carry

    Are these normal on latest_experimental? or have I done something wrong?
    Normal. These bugs have been reported by others as well.
    Last edited by meganoth; 02-12-2019 at 12:49 PM.

  5. #515
    Reconstructionist A Nice Cup of Tea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    625
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by PerformLAB View Post
    1. Fall Damage has disapeared
    2. Beer/Coffee/Red Tea/Golden Rod Tea have no effect
    3. I no longer get encumbered no matter how many things I carry

    Are these normal on latest_experimental? or have I done something wrong?
    It's a known issue, caused by having the PVP settings on "No Killing" or "Kill Allies Only". Switching to a different setting should fix it (it does for most people).

    (My guess is that somewhere in the code, buffs from natural sources appear to be originating from "strangers" and therefore if you have the killing of strangers disabled then it also stops the buffs from affecting you thinking they're being applied to you by a stranger.)

  6. #516
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,912
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by A Nice Cup of Tea View Post
    It's a known issue, caused by having the PVP settings on "No Killing" or "Kill Allies Only". Switching to a different setting should fix it (it does for most people).

    (My guess is that somewhere in the code, buffs from natural sources appear to be originating from "strangers" and therefore if you have the killing of strangers disabled then it also stops the buffs from affecting you thinking they're being applied to you by a stranger.)
    Oh, so it is an allegory. It shows us that when we are drinking tea, our well-being is applied to us by the tea plucker on a far away plantage somewhere in India.

    The game just added a meta-level. It's not a bug, it's a feature

  7. #517
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    14,432
    Rep Power
    2
    The butterfly effect will get you every time....

  8. #518
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    15
    Rep Power
    0

    A17 Problems Hopeful Changes

    I have the console version for xbox one and the pc.

    I believe the xbox version is 1.0.18. First off, I love this game and have more hours than any other game I own. Developers have done an amazing job so far, but still needs work. If you dont listen to fan base, they will disappear due to disappointment.


    Xbox version likes--

    1) Seeing leveling of tools and weapons feels like you were accomplishing a great feat.
    2) Zombie Red Moons were survivable.
    3) Zombie dogs were fast always keeping me on edge.
    4) Modifying any structure was amazing.
    5) Perk Charts were Structured Good.

    Xbox dislikes--

    1) Crystal Clear Vision Every Night After 11pm, but days were always fogged out and rainy.
    2) After getting base set up with most of stuff, gets boring with no quests or other stuff to do


    PC Likes--

    1) Improved Perk Charts, Added Zombies, New Mods for Guns and Bows, New Bldgs and Locations,
    New Zombie behaviors and AI, Added traders but some have wrong voice.

    PC Dislikes--

    1) Zombies during red night destroy systematically every standing strong point meant to keep a bldg standing.
    2) Zombies during non red nights do same thing.
    3) To level a tool or weapon because it is perk only based leveling??
    4) Vulture attacked me inside a trader compund
    5) Example-- Was on floor 2 of steel girder structure in city with claim block placed sitting near outer edge of structure so if zombies spotted me it wouldnt destroy bldg. Squatting, not moving, no torch, no light or sounds half of the bldg dropped and killed me. Examining damage in morning, each stilt of the bldg was destroyed for half the bldg. This means with each support being 6 squares apart, they annihilated 4 to 5 on each side. Xbox version they would only gather under you.
    6) Example above seems to Make Base Building Irrelevant. Isnt this the Crafting, Survival Game? If I have no where to put my items when my lack is full, then what is the point??


    Improvement Ideas--

    1) Don't have zombies target structure legs only
    2) Speed dogs back up (annoying as they were, it kept me scared and looking/listening when on ground.
    3) Zombies need to mutate after a certain amount of days. Why??

    A player can set up a base completely in roughly 20 to 40 days depending on difficulty settings. After that there is only quests, digging and maybe driving or crafting of bullet stocks. If zombies mutate, meaning a spider can crawl up anything, but not if there is a 1 block perimeter on outside of bldg. If they can do something new a player hasn't seen, the longevity of play goes insanely long. Make zombies jump like they do in A17, this allowed zombies to climb my ladders that I would destroy bottom rung on. So I would put a hatch in top of every ladder to stop them even though they could climb ladders. Due to being sometimes a 6 block tall zombie moving ladder because they could stand in each others heads made it crazy.


    This isn't a bashing session, I love the game mkre than any I own and would love to see it adapt to players want and needs to some extent.
    Last edited by Chad.thome; 02-16-2019 at 03:50 AM.

  9. #519
    Colony Founder Doombringer101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,978
    Rep Power
    1
    The option for altering zombie block damage and the frequency of blood moons that were added in the current experimental build should go some way towards reducing some of these issues for you.
    Basically if the zombies have no way to path to you they go into destroy mode to collapse the structure.

  10. #520
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    951
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad.thome View Post
    Atari 2600 likes:

    NES likes:
    Oh, are you too young to get that?

  11. #521
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.natural View Post
    I like the crawl and parcour POI's. I'm just wondering why can't these overhauled POI's exist next to the NOT overhauled versions. That would very easily create more diversity in the RGW.
    Just my penny in the bag.
    They can and they probably will. RWG is a work in progress and I haven't heard any developer say this is the finished version they plan to release.

  12. #522
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Two grievances have arisen in my play through with a friend so coming back to post them.

    1. I don't like the new skill tree. Nothing wrong with making people specialise, but it makes you specialise an entire part of the game.

    Alpha 16, I'd learn how to make good weapons, friend would learn how to make good armor for example.

    Alpha 17, I've learned the skill hungry crafting skills so it's down to me to make all weapons, all armor, all bullets etc which I find a pain. There's no way to seperate it anymore. It's boring only be able to do one thing or one very similar thing for most of the game, my character can't farm at all for example so it's craft this craft that, zzz.

    2. Sand

    Alpha 16, I'd go to the desert to collect sand to make concrete

    Alpha 17, sand is now a useless terrain block, I just went to the desert to mine 1000 sand to look at the recipes and found I wasted my time, it's useless.

  13. #523
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Above dirt
    Posts
    419
    Rep Power
    1
    My biggest issue with 17(and 16) is the world barely has any zombies. Zombies hiding in POI's doesn't have the same scare factor as turning a corner and running into a horde of zombies. The not-frequent enough wandering hordes are usually easy to account for too. The wandering hordes come single file, generally from a ways off so there is a high chance of spotting the wandering horde before they are upon you. Only when its a pack of dogs or bears is there really a scare factor in the wandering horde.

    The pimps need to get over the strive for realism and just fricking make zombies spawn close behind the player around corners. POI's hiding in closets and ceilings zombies is cheesy and easy to account for after you have done about 30 POI's. FFS, none of this is reality. Strive for fun first, reality second.

    Generally when most people think of zombies and the end of times, they think of hordes of zombies overwhelming the humans with sheer numbers. Certainly there is some challenges with voxel destruction calculations and CPU thread cycles, but bottom line is that one and two's zombies wandering a city street makes for boredom.

  14. #524
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    737
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindizzy View Post
    Two grievances have arisen in my play through with a friend so coming back to post them.

    1. I don't like the new skill tree. Nothing wrong with making people specialise, but it makes you specialise an entire part of the game.

    Alpha 16, I'd learn how to make good weapons, friend would learn how to make good armor for example.

    Alpha 17, I've learned the skill hungry crafting skills so it's down to me to make all weapons, all armor, all bullets etc which I find a pain. There's no way to seperate it anymore. It's boring only be able to do one thing or one very similar thing for most of the game, my character can't farm at all for example so it's craft this craft that, zzz.

    2. Sand

    Alpha 16, I'd go to the desert to collect sand to make concrete

    Alpha 17, sand is now a useless terrain block, I just went to the desert to mine 1000 sand to look at the recipes and found I wasted my time, it's useless.
    Why can't you just stay wherever you are and mine stone. Then turn stone to sand in the mixer?

  15. #525
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    14,432
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by fragtzack View Post
    My biggest issue with 17(and 16) is the world barely has any zombies. Zombies hiding in POI's doesn't have the same scare factor as turning a corner and running into a horde of zombies. The not-frequent enough wandering hordes are usually easy to account for too. The wandering hordes come single file, generally from a ways off so there is a high chance of spotting the wandering horde before they are upon you. Only when its a pack of dogs or bears is there really a scare factor in the wandering horde.

    The pimps need to get over the strive for realism and just fricking make zombies spawn close behind the player around corners. POI's hiding in closets and ceilings zombies is cheesy and easy to account for after you have done about 30 POI's. FFS, none of this is reality. Strive for fun first, reality second.

    Generally when most people think of zombies and the end of times, they think of hordes of zombies overwhelming the humans with sheer numbers. Certainly there is some challenges with voxel destruction calculations and CPU thread cycles, but bottom line is that one and two's zombies wandering a city street makes for boredom.
    In one sense I disagree that outdoor spawning zombies are going to ever be as scary as indoor cramped space zombies. Walking around a corner of a building and seeing a large horde start shambling towards you is going to be the easiest thing in the world to avoid if you can't handle them or the easiest xp farm to harvest if you can.

    In another sense I agree with you that a new city or town spawn type where zombies are spawned in close by but out of sight around corners of nearby structures all around the player so closing in from different directions could be pretty cool...except...for many alphas we had close spawning zombies and most people hated them. So I don't know how much mass appeal such an idea would have in practice.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •