Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 17.1 Experimental B9 bug reporting thread

Alpha 17.1 Experimental B9 bug reporting thread

Hey Survivalist,
    We’ve just released Alpha 17.1 Experimental B9 and could really use your help finding the last remaining big issues.
    If you’ve played Alpha 17 Stable see the fixes here for more info. Alpha 17.1 B9 Release Notes

If you’ve played B8 there is only a couple of changes here along with 1 more known issue:

Added:
    • When the PLY option is checked in the F3 debug screen, the cvar window with a new search box will be displayed on your right hand side. Ideal for searching xp related cvars.

Fixed:
    • Terrain decoration like trees and resource rocks would sometimes not be placed

To improve stamina players now start with 150 food which is now shown in the HUD and menu to communicate that you can overeat and not waste food.
    When players' max stamina (which some refer to as food) is between 100 and 150, there are no detrimental stamina effects.

Strength requirements for the Sexual Tyrannosaurus perk have been lowered and we have made the description clear that it does reduce mining stamina costs as well as melee costs. We moved it from the combat perk section to a new section called general strength perks. We’ve reduced the stamina cost of all tools. We’ve also reduced stone tool stamina penalties.
    Water now goes to 150%, and until the water debuff comes on screen at 75% water, you will experience no stamina regeneration penalties.

For builders, we have bolstered XP for harvesting and mining substantially allowing for support roles to keep up with combat and scavenger roles.

As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback, but what we're really looking for in this thread are the following:
    • Show stopping game play bugs (Hopefully with reproduction steps)
    • Crashes (Try and get reproduction steps and post your output_log.txt files - usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt - directly in your forum post. Note: You will find all output_logs time stamped there, even from old games. You can also attach your zipped up crash dump file too.)
    • Chunk Generation Bugs. People please give us the coordinates of where they were in the world when they run into a chunk generation error plus the game seed. Copy and pasting the error alone and the output log is not sufficient to help with a fix.

Here's how to opt in and play the latest experimental branch.

Open your steam client.
    1. Click on Games/View Games Library
    2. Right click ‘7 Days to Die’ and select properties
    3. From the new popup dialogue box select the ‘BETAS’ Tab
    4. Under ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ latest_experimental

The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 17 Experimental

Switching back to the latest main stable build is as easy as repeating steps 1-4 and on step 4 choose the option ‘None – Opt out of all Beta Programs’ and you’ll revert to the latest stable build.

Cheers Richard

BUG REPORTING FORM

Please use this form to report bugs, Testers will then respond, if the form is not used we will assume you are just chatting to each other

Summary: (short description of bug)
    Version:
    Platform: (PC or Mac)
    OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac
    Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi (RWG or NAV)

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes/No)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No)
    EAC on or off ?

Bug Description:

Reproduce steps:

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    once done click ok
    there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

Pastebin how to video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTJMIJ1XnQ
    Pastebin link , https://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT

your output log files are in C /steamLibrary/steamapps/common/7Daystodie/7daystodiedata/ you will find a list of ol logs, the last one being the most recent.

also when taking a screen shot you can use the debug info, go into dm mode ( Type dm in the console ) Type dm to turn it off again
    Press F3, that will bring up the debug overlay, you will need to press f3 twice to close it.
    If you use the f3 feature no need for cords in the screen shot as they are in that info.

Alpha 17.1 Release Notes

A17.1 b9

Added:

When the PLY option is checked in the F3 debug screen, the cvar window with a new search box will be displayed on your right hand side. Ideal for searching xp related cvars.

Fixed:

Terrain decoration like trees and resource rocks would sometimes not be placed
    Last edited by Hated; 01-18-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Reconstructionist
    Also this line from the "Alpha 17.1 Experimental B9 is out! 01.09.19 " News post;

"When players stamina is between 100 and 150, there are no detrimental stamina effects. "

Think you mean "food" there.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Summary: Surfaces with advanced shading effects render incorrectly in bright colors
    Version: A17.1E b9
    Platform: Mac
    OS/Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.6
    Game mode: single player

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new save? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Status: Bug was also present (on different saves) in these builds. Previous reports:
    A17E b194
    A17E b197
    A17E b199
    A17E b208
    A17E b221
    A17.1E b8

Bug Description: World surfaces that use advanced shader techniques, including transparency, bump, glow, or specular effects, render with patches of solid, bright color, most often blue but also other primary & secondary colors. The effect is most pronounced at night and in areas in shadow.

Reproduce steps:
    Seed name= Navezgane
    Co ords= (-942, 83, 476)

1) Start a new game.
    2) Move near the coordinates listed above.
    3) Using debug mode, adjust the time of day to 21:13.
    4) Look at the walls of the cave.

Actual result: All cave surfaces render in bright primary & secondary colors.

Expected result: Surfaces render photo-realistically.

Screenshot:

Output log:
    https://pastebin.com/1Nd6jKgA

It's hard to earnestly immerse myself in the game while this bug persists.

Edit: These are my video settings.
    [1] [2] [3]
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 01-16-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Ranger
    Is a wipe even recommended for people coming from B8? I've wiped every experimental build, but the comments about the changes from B8 to B9 seems to indicate there's no point in doing so.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by dcsobral View Post
    Is a wipe even recommended for people coming from B8? I've wiped every experimental build, but the comments about the changes from B8 to B9 seems to indicate there's no point in doing so.
    as long as u dont plan on reporting any bugs, seems safe enough

Quote Originally Posted by FileMachete View Post
    Also this line from the "Alpha 17.1 Experimental B9 is out! 01.09.19 " News post;

"When players stamina is between 100 and 150, there are no detrimental stamina effects. "

Think you mean "food" there.
    Stamina IS food, two words for the exact same thing.

Refugee
    Please use this form to report bugs, Testers will then respond, if the form is not used we will assume you are just chatting to each other

Summary: Digging Straight down to bedrock, dig a square till u come across resource like oil shale keep diggin it and the whole terrain will keep breaking and it also breaks fps down from 60 to 7 fps untill its done collapsing the terrain.
    Version: 17.1 B9
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode: any

I believe i came across this in 15.2 since then this has been always present in the game i call it game breaking because when it occurs u lose 53 fps instantly. ( thats not normal )

Did you wipe old saves? (Yes)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (yes) but also tested without mods and same result.
    EAC on or off ? eac off

Bug Description:
    Diggin Straight down to bedrock, dig a square till u come across resource like oil shale keep digging it and the whole terrain will keep breaking and it also breaks fps down from 60 to 7 fps untill its done collapsing the terrain.

Reproduce steps:
    Diggin Straight down to bedrock, dig a square till u come across resource like oil shale keep digging it and the whole terrain will keep breaking and it also breaks fps down from 60 to 7 fps untill its done collapsing the terrain.

once done click ok

1) https://imgur.com/5fwJtQI
    2) https://imgur.com/H2GQopW
    3) https://imgur.com/GLSOBiH
    4) https://imgur.com/t4ZvcUd
    Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)
    Expect the game to not collapse the whole terrain while digging a certain way, anti collapse needed maybe ? it breaks fps down from 60 to 7 untill its finished breaking

my specs:

Windows 10 - 64 bit (yes genuine)
    Intel Core i5-4440 ~ 3.10 Ghz
    16 gb ram
    Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 ~ 6 GB
    Last edited by ǎ̷̻ z̶̟̉ u̸͍͋; 01-16-2019 at 11:23 AM.

Refugee
    Summary: no regular harvest on breaking a block. you only get the break block bonus.
    Version: 17.1
    Game mode, mp

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no
    EAC on

Bug Description: When you break a block or worse 1 hit a block, you only get the resources for breaking the block and none for damaging the block

Reproduce steps: max strenght, max block damage perks. max harvest perks. with a shovel with 3 mods i hit gras 249 damage and get 40 clay total per block. with 4 mods i 1 hit the block and only get 20. with 2 mods i get 38.

Actual result: get 20 dirt from 1 block when 1 hitting it. I only get the break bonus, and no resources for the damage i deal.

Expected result: get 40 dirt from 1 block when 1 hitting it. Get the break bonus + resources for the damage i deal.
    Summary: Item dupe exploit still works by going into your vehicle during the animation.
    Version: 17.1
    Game mode, mp

EAC on

Bug Description: Item dupe exploit still works by going into your vehicle during the animation.

Reproduce: Same as when opening the inventory while using a consumable item from you're toolbar which is fixed, it still worked when using a consumable from your toolbar and going onto a vehicle.

Actual result: consumable doesn't get consumed.

Expected result: consumable does get consumed.
    Not listed as known issues / reproduction steps on known issue
    Last edited by MrVecetti; 01-16-2019 at 11:24 AM.

Summary: 'melt' time for ingredients in forge is transferred with item
    Version: A17 B8 (last tested. Have not checked with newest update)
    Game mode: sp NAV

Did you wipe old saves? (yes)
    Did you start a new game? (Yes)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes)
    Are you using any mods? (No)
    EAC on or off ? Err... On? I think...

Bug Description: When replacing an object that is melting in a forge (can for Candlestick), the new object does not begin a new timer, but instead continues on the previous timer.

Reproduce steps:
    Place something that melts quickly in the forge melting area, turn the forge on.
    When the timer has less than five seconds, replace the item with something that takes much longer to melt.
    The timer will not have reset and will continue to count down to completion.

Actual result: You can cheat the melt time of any item to finish much faster than it would otherwise.

Expected result: the timer to reset every time you place a new item in the melting slot.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrook1028 View Post
    Stamina IS food, two words for the exact same thing.
    You may think of them as exactly the same thing but they simply are not.

A newly spawned player enters the game stuffed with 150 Food. And 100 Stamina.

Regenerating Stamina costs both Food & Water.

From "entityclasses.xml"

Code:
    <passive_effect name="WaterLossPerStaminaPointGained" operation="base_set" value="0.0037"/> <!-- regening stamina costs you water -->

<passive_effect name="StaminaLossMaxMult" operation="base_set" value="0.0034"/> <!-- regening stamina costs food, blacks out the stamina bar -->
    While the sentence I quoted doesn't explicitly define "detrimental", it's not a big leap based on context that it's refering to the mechanic that when Food = <100 the Stamina pool shrinks to the same value.

As written a literal interpretation could include, "nice. if I perk Stamina above 100 then it won't cost Food or Water to regen." or, "huh. if I raise Stamina enough then Illness buffs won't effect Stamina." Neither of which are true.

Further, since they've stated that part of their intent behind the changes to how they display Food & Stamina was specifically to make it more intuitive & understandable, leaving this sentence as-is is counter productive to their goal.

Summary: Hospitals and Football Stations are too rare
    Platform: Win
    OS/Version: Win 10 Pro
    Game mode: Dedicated MP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Bug Description:
    After diggin in some RWG Data and code myseld a Programm that analyses the Prefabs xml in any generated world i might suggest that you have to tune some numbers

Reproduce steps: Generate a 6144 Size Map with given seeds

The Following summary is only a "good" portion of all data....and still the "good ones" have serious distribution issues

Actual result:

* Football Stations are super rare
    * Hospitals are super rare
    * Waterworks seem somtimes explode in numbers
    * Factories are super Rare
    * Gun Stores are super rare

Expected result:

* Better Distribution of POIs
    * better distribution of traders across the map
    * more Forrest Biomsformost with cities

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by PogotTime View Post
    Summary: Hospitals and Football Stations are too rare
    Platform: Win
    OS/Version: Win 10 Pro
    Game mode: Dedicated MP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes

Bug Description:
    After diggin in some RWG Data and code myseld a Programm that analyses the Prefabs xml in any generated world i might suggest that you have to tune some numbers

Reproduce steps: Generate a 6144 Size Map with given seeds

The Following summary is only a "good" portion of all data....and still the "good ones" have serious distribution issues

Actual result:

* Football Stations are super rare
    * Hospitals are super rare
    * Waterworks seem somtimes explode in numbers
    * Factories are super Rare
    * Gun Stores are super rare

Expected result:

* Better Distribution of POIs
    * better distribution of traders across the map
    * more Forrest Biomsformost with cities
    FWIW, we've been spending quite a bit of time in RWG, and have yet to see a football stadum or hospital. Waterworks, otoh, are all over the place. Not sure what a factory looks like, we've seen a lot of smaller POIs that might be a factory. Skyscrapers? Were they removed completely? We have yet to see one single sky scraper in RWG in A17.

Refugee
    Summary: objects from POI's aswell as player made houses won't load in unless i get unusually close to them even with high view distance.
    Version: Alpha 17.1 Experimental b9
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode MP HOST

EAC on or off ? off

Bug Descriptionbjects from POI's aswell as player made houses won't load in unless i get unusually close to them even with high view distance.

Reproduce steps: See bug description and summary.

1)
    2)
    3)
    4)

Actual result: again, see bug description.

Expected result: objects from my house and POI's not to load in unless i'm super close to them when i have view distance at high

LOG FILE BELOW
    file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/7%20Days%20To%20Die/7DaysToDie_Data/output_log__2019-01-16__15-55-14.txt
    Last edited by AceNiken; 01-18-2019 at 02:53 AM.

Summary: Prefab to ground issues
    Version: 17.1 b9
    OS/Version: Win10
    Game mode, sp RWG

Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? No
    EAC off

Bug Description: Prefabs floating in the air, prefabs with no roads to them.

Reproduce steps: Generate random world and check. SEED: Alpha17.1 b9

once done click ok

1) A17.1_2019-01-17_09-40-43.jpg
    2) A17.1_2019-01-17_09-44-25.jpg
    3) A17.1_2019-01-17_09-51-36.jpg

Actual result: Obviously some prefabs don't have any Blocks below the perceived groundline. Maybe the prefabs should have at least 4-5 blocks underground, to compensate for any prefab/ground issues. I believe all prefabs should be treated as having a basement.
    [edit] Maybe create a new block called BiomeDirt, and place that as the underground block, and have the game insert the correct soil for the biome, when placing prefab or building the map.[/edit]

AussieWombat
    Last edited by AussieWombat; 01-17-2019 at 01:20 AM.

Survivor
    Summary: Problem with modlet pertaining to triggered_event onSelfDamagedOther using target and target_tags
    Version: 17.1b9
    OS/Version: Linux kali 4.18.0-kali3-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 4.18.20-2kali2 (2018-11-30) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? YES
    Did you start a new game? YES
    Did you validate your files? YES
    Are you using any mods? I removed all mods except the debug mod that will be included with this bug report.
    EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: The cvar sets (two different ways) but is always retrieved with a value of 0

Reproduce steps: See full description in entityclasses.xml of modlet included with this bug report.

Screenshots should not be relevant to this bug report.

Actual result: Same as "Bug Description"

Expected result: The CVar should retrieve the set value.

Add this to entityclasses.xml for a modlet and test any necessary variants.
    Code:
    <bug>
      <append xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']">
        <effect_group>
          <!-- let's set a cvar here to keep track of animal hits count -->
          <requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="testAnimalHits" operation="LT" value="1"/>
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEnteredGame" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="testAnimalHits" operation="set" value="0"/>
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEnteredGame" action="LogMessage" message="Setting cvar testAnimalHits to 0 because it is LT 1."/>
        </effect_group>

<effect_group>
          <!-- log our cvar -->
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfEnteredGame" action="CVarLogValue" cvar="testAnimalHits"/>

<!-- we hit an animal! add 1 -->
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" target="other" target_tags="animal" action="ModifyCVar" operation="add" cvar="testAnimalHits" value="1"/>

<!-- PROBLEM: this reports 0 even after adding 1 -->
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="CVarLogValue" cvar="testAnimalHits"/>

<!-- ok so target=other may be the issue? Lets try this a different way to add 1-->

<!-- if you remove the target= it simply throws an error... -->

<!-- nope, throws an error
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" target_tags="animal" action="ModifyCVar" operation="add" cvar="testAnimalHits" value="1"/>
    -->

<!-- so, lets try target="self" then before adding 1 ???
         In theory, this means when Self Damages Other it should update the CVar for Self yes? -->
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" target="self" target_tags="animal" action="ModifyCVar" operation="add" cvar="testAnimalHits" value="1"/>
    <!-- ok good so far ... no error -->

<!-- Let's check our results -->
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="LogMessage" message="LogType 1"/>
          <triggered_effect trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="CVarLogValue" cvar="testAnimalHits"/>
    <!-- nope, still reports 0 -->

<!-- ok, can't do this one because it throws an error
          <triggered_effect target="self" trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="LogMessage" message="LogType 2"/>
          <triggered_effect target="self" trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="CVarLogValue" cvar="testAnimalHits"/>

let's try this instead -->
    <!-- well, can't do this one... still errors
          <triggered_effect target="self" target_tags="animal" trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="LogMessage" message="LogType 3"/>

how about this one?? -->
    <!-- yeah.. still errors ... hmm can we do any kind of logging with targets or target_tags???
          <triggered_effect target="self" target_tags="animal" trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="CVarLogValue" cvar="testAnimalHits"/>

I guess we'll try it with target=other -->
    <!-- this still throws an error
          <triggered_effect target="other" trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="LogMessage" message="LogType 3"/>
    How about this one? -->
          <triggered_effect target="other" trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="CVarLogValue" cvar="testAnimalHits"/>
    How about this one? -->
          <triggered_effect target="other" target_tags="animal" trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="LogMessage" message="LogType 2"/>
    How about this one? -->
          <triggered_effect target="self" target_tags="animal" trigger="onSelfDamagedOther" action="CVarLogValue" cvar="testAnimalHits"/>

So, now our cvar "testAnimalHits" still reports a value of 0, even though we've added 1 to it above using
    the target_tags="aninal" and both target="other" and target="self". The variable either isn't being set properly
    or it cannot be retrieved properly.

It seems we've added 1 to the CVar two times above yet it still reports 0.
    -->

</effect_group>
      </append>
    </bug>