Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: JSS (Just Survive, Somehow)

Thanks for the encouragement! To answer your question I am not quite sure what the best way to do that would be. The challenge to separating the changes is that one of them usually ends up requiring the other mod to be present, and there is no way to check to see if it is (or if the mod has been patched in in the correct order). I am still trying to figure out how to deal with that kind of thing.

I think what were trying to say is that as this is still a modlet and not an 'Overhaul' we just want to drop it into our collection with little or no conflict with chosen favourites.
    This is stuffed with exciting new things to play with but overlaps for example with another pallet modlet from STALLIONSDEN.
    If you have a look I think you can see its v.comprehensive and slots in with his barrel/shelving modlets.
    Now lord knows I've tried to remove your pallets / add his but am a dullard and had zero success.
    I understand this is your creation but if all it takes is getting the nod from him and/or others why not include it to allow you to focus on the new goodies?
    Anyhoo that's me just 'spit balling so keep up the great work and look forward to where this is going - Cheers

Survivor
    this is missing the Plantedstrawberry3harvest icon and some of the basic meat icons great mod keep up the great work tried to put one in the icon folder but it still didnt pick it up dont guess I did something right lol
    Last edited by Bluman; 01-26-2019 at 01:47 PM.

Survivor
    love the idea of the mod the classes and quests but cant get the books to work the only other mods I use on the server is allocs and bc

Quote Originally Posted by Bluman View Post
    love the idea of the mod the classes and quests but cant get the books to work the only other mods I use on the server is allocs and bc
    Can you give me an example of a specific book that didn't work, I will investigate. Also make sure you are using the latest version of the mod, there were some problems earlier with some specific books like Cooking Bacon and Eggs.

Survivor
    both of the first aid books would not let me learn first aid didnt try any of the others because figured if I couldnt learn to make bandages it would be hard to live in the mod lol

Yes the first aid book was one of the ones that was bugged originally (a typo on my part), it is working now. Thank you for reporting back.

Scavenger
    Didn't start with the class paper. (edit: not seeing it in creative menu either)

When loading I got: ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'quests.xml' failed
    exception: quest with id of 'quest_FirstAid" already exists.

Only other mods I have are your Wildlands mod and the SMX mods. Wildlands and JSS are the only 2 that have anything to do with quests.xml. This was a new game created specifically for trying out JSS.
    Last edited by Kresdja; 02-01-2019 at 08:24 AM.

You're probably not seeing the class paper because of the error (it is probably not loading the mod at all once that happens) but I don't know why you get that error, it isn't doing it for me. 'quest_FirstAid' isn't in vanilla so I don't understand how it could already exist. Puzzling

Scavenger
    The mod is loading. I get all the magazines and such. I just used creative menu to give me what was listed next to the class/job I wanted. I haven't noticed any other issues yet, so I'm not sure what's going on either.

Thank you to everyone who has tried the mod and sent me feedback; there is even more new stuff in it now and I've tried to update the original post to reflect the additions. Kresdja I do not know any more about the error you are getting at startup, however I did comment out that firstaid quest since it was just a placeholder anyway for something I haven't gotten working. So it might be worth another try.

If anybody knows how to get crafting experience from recipes I would love to know - the mechanism that worked in A16 seems to be broken and nothing I have tried has worked. So for now your only "reward" for crafting difficult items like the chess set are the high sales price you can get from the traders for it.

Refugee

Book Problems

Been loving the mod and have gotten basically every book along with 2 other friends playing.. Though one book that does not seem to be working and even went through configs to try figure out and fix myself was Cookbook: Grandpa's Moonshine (Awesome Sauce, Elixir) has not worked for any of us at this point and we've obtained and read a few times now.. Even searched in configs to remove tag=learnable if it was there, but this is last resort to reach out to you for assistance at this point.

Thanks for pointing that out - there was a typo but I fixed it now so it should work in the latest version.

Ranger
    mjrice Some food without characteristics. Does not show already read books.

Quote Originally Posted by TARCH26 View Post
    mjrice Some food without characteristics. Does not show already read books.
    Hi Tarch, thank you, these are both known issues and are outside my capability to fix. The descriptions are only pulled from localization.txt and can not be modded by the new system. I wish TFP would fix it. The code for recognizing already read books is likewise broken and I hope they will fix it or show how to work around it, but nothing I have tried works.