Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandering Traders SDX Mod

Wandering Traders SDX Mod

Wandering Traders SDX Mod

Traders.jpg

Demo YouTube Video: http://youtu.be/JqWvpQ9IUrQ

Description

Stable version (1.34) of a mod that introduces wandering traders into the game.

This mod adds 4 new traders to the game. Unlike vanilla traders, they spawn outside of trading posts, and wander the game world. The will attack all enemies (Zombies and dangerous animals), and will attack the player if they are damaged by the player. Unlike normal traders, they can be killed and will drop a specific loot container. Unless actively alerted and approaching a target, they will stop when the player comes into range (distance is set in the wandering trader class to 10 blocks, but I prefer 7-8), put away their weapon and invite you to trade or do tasks. Each trader has a different inventory, configurable in XML. As setup now, one sells mostly weapons and ammo, the next sells science stuff and meds, another food, and the last sells general items.

Each has a ranged weapon with xml configurable properties. These may need adjusting, but are set at various ranges and are pretty accurate. Change the ammo speed and/or the SpreadDegrees settings in xml to adjust. Some randomly shoot more than 1 projectile per shot, which is also adjustable.

Spawning is handled by adding all 4 as a rare spawn to any "friendlyanimal" spawn group. Depending on your preferences, make them more or less rare, change where they spawn, and let me know what works well.

The trader class is pretty basic right now, but there are plans to add more feature later based on input from those who use this mod. Before anyone asks; yes, custom classes are under development for other friendly NPCs that you can hire and put to work. Bandits and normal NPCs are already working and will be released soon in a different thread.

Installing

This is an SDX mod so it must be compiled with SDX 0.7.3 or later. This mod has several dependencies that must be compiled with this mod for it to work properly. These are:

(Required)
    AnimationSDX
    Hal's DLL Updates
    SphereII_WanderingTraders
    Patch_Entity

(Optional)
    Sphereii_ModLocalization : Localization.txt was added but it doesn't seem to work on traders yet, but included for future use.

Find those dependency mods here: https://github.com/7D2DMods/SDXMods
    and the Patch_Entity here: https://github.com/7D2D/A17Mods

Note: Hopefully a future major release version of the Mod launcher will allow this mod to be used without needing to compile with SDX first. This mod will be a test candidate for that new function.

Change Log

Version 1.34 : Removed zed buffs from weapons
    Version 1.33 : Added Food trader to spawn
    Version 1.31 : Added dependency for Patch_Entity to fix a bug
    Version 1.3 : Animation polishing pass.
    Version 1.20 : Added food traderVersion 1.10 : Stable Release. Added BP Tags to hopefully remove trap errors. 7D2DLauncher test version added.
    Version 1.03 : Fixed an incorrect dependency.
    Version 1.02 : Added AITasks and Targets for Bandits
    Version 1.01 : Added those 3 mods as dependencies in mods.xml so you can't build without those enabled.
    Version 1.00 : Initial release

Known Issues

The left hand position of the Heavy Trader is off on most animations. It doesn't look too bad, and I might clean that up eventually. That's a consequence of saving time by reusing animations tuned to the weapons trader. As Guppy often says...good enough.

Some minor sliding in and out of animations might still remain, especially when doing the kneeling to fire sequence. That's a tricky combination of animations but should be good enough. I plan one more tuning pass on final release.

There remains a way to cheese kill these traders without a lot of risk but that should be patched out in a future release of the wandering trader code. They should be a rare spawn so killing them isn't a great idea anyway, especially in mods that remove all other traders (my kinda mod).

(FIXED - Update your copy of the Sphereii WanderingTraders mod) On dedicated servers, the traders appear to take and put away their weapon in a looping animation that doesn't happen on single player. Please let me know if your see this as well.

Credits

First, to SphereII for putting up with my annoying him to create the wandering trader class. I hope this is the first of many custom entity classes.

And a shout out to Mumpfy who edited the base meshes and retextured these 3 new entities. Chaos also made one of the backpacks, but I'm not sure which. Thanks guys!!!
    Last edited by xyth; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:42 PM.

Ranger
    oooo i like the look and sound of this! very fancy looking traders too, if thats how they look in game

looking good xyth.
    chaos indeed helped with the weapons trader backpack, did a really good poly reduction on it.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Link the yt vid!

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Link the yt vid!
    Done.

Woooooooooooooo. This is great, it adds much needed life into the world.

Who needs to clear a POI when you can bait the traders into doing it for you!

Great job Xyth, Sphereii, Mumphy and Chaos.

Very nice work as always Xyth

Very nice.

Survivor
    Looking fantastic! Installing now. Just a quick question, what folders go into the C:/7 Days To Die/Mods folder? Or do they all go into the SDX mods folder?

Super cool.

Sadly it's SDX

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher66 View Post
    Looking fantastic! Installing now. Just a quick question, what folders go into the C:/7 Days To Die/Mods folder? Or do they all go into the SDX mods folder?
    There is a video on how to load and use SDX to compile and install mods. You don't have to manually drag files and folders into the games mod folder like you do with modlets.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post916946

Survivor
    No worries, been playing with it for the last 10 hours. Although I haven't found a wandering trader yet. But I can spawn them in.

They should be rare. I did set them up with a map icon so you can see them on the map if you are in an area that has one. The icon disappears when you leave that area.

nice one