Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Wandering Traders SDX Mod

Refugee
    If placed on a dedicated server will clients need to download?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobroglaz View Post
    If placed on a dedicated server will clients need to download?
    Yes. In SDX, go into the setting tab and specify the path to your dedi server game install directory, then it will build both the client and the server for you.

SDX-SettingsTab.jpg

I found the weapons trader; he tried to break a door down to a cabin to get at some zeds. It was fascinating to watch. In my impatience, I ended up breaking the wood next to the door and he just stalked in lol. Strangly, the sleeping zeds only awoke when I fired at them and were not disturbed by his presence among them.

Just to let you know, he mostly favored melee, but did ocasionally fire at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodemus View Post
    I found the weapons trader; he tried to break a door down to a cabin to get at some zeds. It was fascinating to watch. In my impatience, I ended up breaking the wood next to the door and he just stalked in lol. Strangly, the sleeping zeds only awoke when I fired at them and were not disturbed by his presence among them.

Just to let you know, he mostly favored melee, but did ocasionally fire at them.
    That is fun to watch. At this point we have little control over the AI, so they will relentlessly close the distance into melee range. Perhaps the range property can be adjusted. On the sleeper issue, perhaps I need to add some sound to the traders if they are not detected by sleepers on sight?
    Last edited by xyth; 01-29-2019 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    That is fun to watch. At this point we have little control over the AI, so they will relentlessly close the distance into melee range. Perhaps the range property can be adjusted. On the sleeper issue, perhaps I need to add some sound to the traders if they are not detected by sleepers on sight?
    That sounds like a good idea. I think it would be awesome to walk into an area and hear a commotion coming from one of the houses as these guys lay down some pain. Might be good for role play too, in that you could say, this is how they acquire their wares. Nomadic trader/warrior types who live on the road and their wits.

Some, might consider this behavior intrusive to their game play, because these guys may break things in POI's, including loot boxes. I'd like it and welcome it. Some might not. Ultimately, it depends on what you want to achieve in the end.

I have buffed the health of these guys considerably. Up to 1000, and 1200. I don't want to kill them because they add to the immersion and it feels good to know I have someone in the world who is not trying to eat me. Can you give them a slight regen buff? Might serve to keep them around longer. And can you make their inventories change daily? Or maybe that's a silly question because these guys might despawn every day?

Anyways, best of luck to you. I'll be watching this mod with great interest. It is exactly what I have wanted for a long time.

Survivor
    Do we need newer/different versions of the sdx dependent files for your mod?
    And when updating, do I need to delete anything in the mods folder that has been compiled or when I compile with the new folder in the SDX/mods location be enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Necrodemus View Post
    That sounds like a good idea. I think it would be awesome to walk into an area and hear a commotion coming from one of the houses as these guys lay down some pain. Might be good for role play too, in that you could say, this is how they acquire their wares. Nomadic trader/warrior types who live on the road and their wits.

Some, might consider this behavior intrusive to their game play, because these guys may break things in POI's, including loot boxes. I'd like it and welcome it. Some might not. Ultimately, it depends on what you want to achieve in the end.

I have buffed the health of these guys considerably. Up to 1000, and 1200. I don't want to kill them because they add to the immersion and it feels good to know I have someone in the world who is not trying to eat me. Can you give them a slight regen buff? Might serve to keep them around longer. And can you make their inventories change daily? Or maybe that's a silly question because these guys might despawn every day?

Anyways, best of luck to you. I'll be watching this mod with great interest. It is exactly what I have wanted for a long time.
    Glad you having fun with it. Since I don't have a mod of my own, I try to configure these new feature mods generically and let folks change them as they prefer. There are several ways to make the traders more resilient You can bump up the hitpoints like you did. Another way is to give them more healing over time and more armor by increasing the values on these two properties under base effects: <passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_set" value="1.1"/> <passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="base_set" value="20" />
    You could also add a healing buff like the radiated zombies have. Lots of ways to do what you want.

Inventories refresh in set for 3 days but you can change that in xml easily. Edit the trader.xml and change the reset interval to a smaller number.

I just finished up the companion mod to this one, Bandits, and these two groups will battle it out when they encounter each other. Bandits are weaker than traders so unless a trader comes onto a group it should be ok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher66 View Post
    Do we need newer/different versions of the sdx dependent files for your mod?
    And when updating, do I need to delete anything in the mods folder that has been compiled or when I compile with the new folder in the SDX/mods location be enough?
    I'm not sure exactly what your asking. SDX will remove changed versions of mods and replace them with the newer versions, but will not remove other mods in that folder.

Survivor
    Thanks! Sorry if I was being confusing. But you got what I meant. REALLY looking forward to the bandits!

So, I just tried to compile after adding and tweakin some other mods. SDX is popping up with a warning saying I need SphereII Entity Classes installed and enabled. But I can't find that mod in any of the zips that are linked on the first page. And a google search is coming up empty.
    Error.jpg
    Last edited by Punisher66; 01-30-2019 at 01:42 AM.

Survivor
    I'm pretty sure, that the third dependency in the mod.xml file is suppose to be SphereII Wandering Traders, not, SphereII Entity Classes. But I don't want to change anything and mess something up.

I'm pretty sure, that the third dependency in the mod.xml file is suppose to be SphereII Wandering Traders, not, SphereII Entity Classes. But I don't want to change anything and mess something up.
    Your correct. He renamed that mod and I had a prototype version. It's the same thing, just different name. Its fixed now in version 1.03.

Thanks for helping debug this.
    Last edited by xyth; 01-30-2019 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Glad you having fun with it. Since I don't have a mod of my own, I try to configure these new feature mods generically and let folks change them as they prefer. There are several ways to make the traders more resilient You can bump up the hitpoints like you did. Another way is to give them more healing over time and more armor by increasing the values on these two properties under base effects: <passive_effect name="HealthChangeOT" operation="base_set" value="1.1"/> <passive_effect name="PhysicalDamageResist" operation="base_set" value="20" />
    You could also add a healing buff like the radiated zombies have. Lots of ways to do what you want.

Inventories refresh in set for 3 days but you can change that in xml easily. Edit the trader.xml and change the reset interval to a smaller number.

I just finished up the companion mod to this one, Bandits, and these two groups will battle it out when they encounter each other. Bandits are weaker than traders so unless a trader comes onto a group it should be ok.
    That's great info thank you. Can't wait for the Bandits one

Survivor
    My pleasure Xyth! I'm glad it was something simple and quick to fix, cause I couldn't wait to use it.
    Compiled, loaded up a save, spawned them in, and they are working great!
    They took out a few lumberjacks real quick, and they didn't use melee.
    Killed them with the Admin Gun, and they all dropped the right packs. And some awesome loot.

Survivor
    This is a complete SDX noob question, but after I have built/compiled my sdx mods, do I always have to start 7d2d with the SDX launcher?
    I mean, I did once, but I have been launching 7d2d like normal (without the sdx launcher) and all my sdx mods work fine.
    Am I just not aware of something?

This is a complete SDX noob question, but after I have built/compiled my sdx mods, do I always have to start 7d2d with the SDX launcher?
    I mean, I did once, but I have been launching 7d2d like normal (without the sdx launcher) and all my sdx mods work fine.
    Am I just not aware of something?
    You don't have to. You can run the games .exe file directly out of your target game directory. So not the vanilla game directory, the game directory you setup sdx to build onto.

Colony Founder
    Hey xyth, thanks for great mods! Do you think it would be possible to make friendly NPCs that could accompany the player and fight for him? You know it kinda does get lonely in single player, but I would see that as a great enhancement even for coop. What do you think? I was hoping we would see this in the base game, but since the bandits are not coming any time soon, I doubt we will see NPC followers any time soon if at all.