Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with A17.2 that aren't on the 'known issues' list of the patch notes

Problems with A17.2 that aren't on the 'known issues' list of the patch notes

In my opinion these are the major problems with A17.2 that aren't on the 'known issues' list of the patch notes

1. Still no Field of View slider in the options
    2. Zombies are still clairvoyant structural engineers
    3. Still no sign of Learn By Doing
    4. Still no books (only Fallout magazines that I will ignore)
    5. Wellness System of 16.4 was better

Because this are decisions some player support and some dont like

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Because this are decisions some player support and some dont like
    Yepp, I really support that players who are vulnerable to gaming sickness and not aware of the console command cannot enjoy the game.
    Last edited by Pille; 1 Week Ago at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    Yepp, I really support that players who are vulnerable to gamer sickness and not aware of the console command cannot enjoy the game. :-P
    Exactly. In this day and age, no game should force a player into a narrow FOV, especially an early access one. When I bought this game, it had an FOV slider, and now it doesn't. I would have refunded it automatically if I bought it now.

Nevertheless, I have to agree with Royal Delux regarding 2 - 5. Those points are not 'real' issues / depend on opinions. A17 is not supposed to be like A16.
    Last edited by Pille; 1 Week Ago at 08:48 AM.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by hotpoon View Post
    In my opinion these are the major problems with A17.2 that aren't on the 'known issues' list of the patch notes

1. Still no Field of View slider in the options
    2. Zombies are still clairvoyant structural engineers
    3. Still no sign of Learn By Doing
    4. Still no books (only Fallout magazines that I will ignore)
    5. Wellness System of 16.4 was better
    Don't know why TFP are so stubborn... Reviews on Steam plummeted from 78% positive to 53%. I guess it will be wait and see untill final A17 release but I m worried since on the other thread they stated they want to go gold at the end of the year. So they made a U-turn with a game at the final stages and pretty much scraped all of the progress up to A16.

Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    Nevertheless, I have to agree with Royal Delux regarding 2 - 5. Those points are not 'real' issues / depend on opinions. A17 is not supposed to be like A16.
    Regarding point 2, Roland has already given a lengthy explanation of why the zombies are the way they are and that they will be made to act like zombies again at some point. Why this isn't on the 'known issues' list is the question.

3-5 are my opinion, but I suspect it is a widely shared opinion. It's certainly the shared opinion of 33 of my Steam friends who used to play regularly, but now don't.
    Last edited by hotpoon; 1 Week Ago at 10:06 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Bhaaltazar View Post
    Don't know why TFP are so stubborn... Reviews on Steam plummeted from 78% positive to 53%. I guess it will be wait and see untill final A17 release but I m worried since on the other thread they stated they want to go gold at the end of the year. So they made a U-turn with a game at the final stages and pretty much scraped all of the progress up to A16.
    Yes, a late stage u-turn. I wish I could play A16.4 with A17 graphics, and fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by hotpoon View Post
    3-5 are my opinion, but I suspect it is a widely shared opinion. It's certainly the shared opinion of 33 of my Steam friends who used to play regularly, but now don't.
    And a few servers that I used to play on that died off with A16.4 have returned to full with the new systems, and friends on my friend's list are happily playing again. 'Widely shared' is a bit of an overstretch lol; thanks for the click-bait title I guess.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    And a few servers that I used to play on that died off with A16.4 have returned to full with the new systems, and friends on my friend's list are happily playing again. 'Widely shared' is a bit of an overstretch lol; thanks for the click-bait title I guess.
    Interesting, you mean people got sick of an unfinished game which hadn't changed in over a year? Then they came back after the game had been updated. That's so strange, it obviously means they're happy with all the changes. Thanks for the false equivalency I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    I stopped playing A16.4 long before A17 came out too. Not because I was bored with the game, but because we were lead to believe (in a certain Madmole dev video) that the next alpha was going to be coming out around August last year. Myself and a bunch of others stopped because we knew there would be a server wipe. We waited around like ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s for months for A17 to drop.

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    1. Intended due to lack of optimization.
    2. It's a feature, not a bug. Needs improvement, and can be adjusted through modding.
    3. The old grind is gone. Get used to it. It was a bad system that didn't fit the way the devs wanted the game in the long run.
    4. Work in progress.
    5. You're happy to play that version. Again, it was a placeholder for future development.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    1. The old grind is gone. Get used to it. It was a bad system that didn't fit the way the devs wanted the game in the long run.
    If by bad you mean

1) Making more sense than the current system
    2) Having a more rewarding and therefore fun system (I am doing a task and getting "dings" that make me feel good for accomplishments)
    2) Adding more to immersion than the current system

Then I totally agree

And books were great for that too. It made more sense to find a recipe and gave you that fun "ding" in a major way when you find what you wanted.

As far as the OP, none of this should be on known issues. (except fov which I am guessing is to be added anyway even if its not on known issues) They aren't bugs but just intended bad moves unless tfp's have a way to bring back the good feels and replayability the game had before
    Last edited by Maynard69; 1 Week Ago at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maynard69 View Post
    If by bad you mean

1) Making more sense than the current system
    2) Having a more rewarding and therefore fun system (I am doing a task and getting "dings" that make me feel good for accomplishments)
    2) Adding more to immersion than the current system

Then I totally agree

And books were great for that too. It made more sense to find a recipe and gave you that fun "ding" in a major way when you find what you wanted.
    Got to agree. The old system had some serious flaws but I believe that the best course would be just to fix those serious flaws. And the more items are acquired by recipes, the more rewarding exploration is.

Ranger
    RWG generating mountains, but shown as water in the previewer. Bug or Feature?