Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Problems with A17.2 that aren't on the 'known issues' list of the patch notes

Quote Originally Posted by Cirion View Post
    I hope you're right, but if that's true, why spend a year developing a brand new system and completely scrap the old? Is the A17 perk system somehow a "building block" upon which they plan to apply LBD to, somehow?

Yeah the no food/water meter makes zero sense lol.

Why did people complain about zombie HP bar? That sounds useful to me.
    One of the complaints is that the bar was too arcadey...

I don't like it myself, but I LOVE it for testing things out. So handy when mod balancing.

As for LBD.... this is in the vanilla progression.

Code:
    <skills min_level="1" max_level="1">
    That has made me wonder if the system just isn't finished yet... which I REALLY hope is the case rather than a concious decision to remove it.

Reconstructionist
    bedrolls causing quests to fail or not even start

Field of view fix. This was in a post very early in A17 but I cant remember who posted it, sorry.

Open console and type:

sg OptionsFieldOfViewNew XX (XX should be changed to 75 ish)

Unfortunately you have to do it every time you start a game.

Also, tonight I crafted a level 6 mining helmet, donned it and pushed "f". No light came on. Put my old level 2 mining helmet which I found in a car back on, pushed "f"....light. So i enabled dm menu and took a level 6 mining helmet out of creative menu. Pushed "f"....no light. Strange, anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jugginator View Post
    No, it was well stated we were all sick of two things:
    That is why we all stopped playing.
    I am not like others who falsely say their opinions are the ones of everyone else.
    Seems a tad contradictory there... ;-)

Still to address the OP's complaint, my view is much the same as Sylens. #1 is a temporary thing until 17 goes full on stable, and #'s 2 through 5 aren't "issues" but design decisions (good, bad or otherwise).

To those saying LBD was ultimate i will tell you this: After the initial 1-3 games in A15-16, every new game i played had the same moment when i had to craft a shovel and dig ground in order to advance mining. Sure, i could level up and invest skills, but way faster (and saving on the skill points) was to grind away to level 10 (if i remember clearly) to be allowed to invest into "gathering more from mining" perk. EVERY SINGLE TIME.

This was due to wanting to get more resources from any veins and boulders and practically was one of my many main focus points. Sure, i could level up mining (it was called mining tools) by using an iron fireaxe at the least, but that would come later on, just like the iron pickaxe. This was the decision of either spend time to gather more resources on lower mining or spend time grinding to get more resources later on.

On the other hand, i MUST ADMIT that it gave a sense of purpose, where i knew i could spend time on mining to get mining, using knife to get better perks for it, spend time on looting to get better loot (yet it advanced way too slow IMHO and was not immersive), etc. Now i'm simply doing many different things and invest points...

Oh wait, advanced crafting (science) could be unlocked ONLY by investing points in it...

I WOULD like some form of LBD be added back, but i would want this to be more thought over, better planned and feel more intuitive, not forcing players to "grind some basic levels with 1-2 tools" so you could be at the very least mediocre at things.

Diminishing returns would solve most problems in the LBD system - they did consider them afaik for a while, but I don't know why they never implemented them.

Zombie Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Khulkhuum View Post
    snip .
    Science was crafting bandages and medkit stuff, gas if i remember correctly, damn its been awhile since then. I would love to see LBD back, but I want it as exploitable at it was before. :P So I can rocket up and skill everything to 100 fairly easily. It really wasnt bad if you knew the tricks and took advantage of them.

Ok maybe a little less exploitable. I didnt perceive it as being too hard or repetitive. Skilling stuff up was fun imo.

Colony Founder
    I kinda want a system where it's literally both LBD and Point spend. Where skills have an action that they individually gain XP, but you also get skill points to essentially fast track some aspect of what you're wanting to do.

That and some of the Int Gated stuff lowered... dramatically. Specifically, Iron. The Int requirement on getting to Iron is just stupid IMO.

I have said it before. Dream senario!

LBD on attributes.

Skillpoints are gained by days survived and death buff pauses poins for a few days.

Books give permanent perk level.

Refugee
    Can anyone test to see if theyre having trouble destroying terrain blocks with dynamite and explpsive charge? I dug a mine near my house and when I tried using explosives to clear space none of the blocks were hurt by the explosion.

Quote Originally Posted by Walmartforever View Post
    Can anyone test to see if theyre having trouble destroying terrain blocks with dynamite and explpsive charge? I dug a mine near my house and when I tried using explosives to clear space none of the blocks were hurt by the explosion.

Dynamite do no harm to blocks so far i see this.
    Use gas barrels and tnt

Zombie Hunter
    Am fine with the new perk system here. The game flows better and less grindy.

However, adding a "light" skill use on top would be cool.

I suggest a familiarity system on top of the current perk system, not exactly a skill use system.

Familiarity system:

Using the same tool or weapon over and over makes you slightly better with ONLY that weapon or tool.

For example:

Swinging a stone axe 1000 times makes you use .05% less stamina, up to a max of 2%.
    Firing a 9mm pistol 1000 times make you aim .05% better, up to a max of 2%.

To make this system really "familiar", make this familiarity tied to a specific tool/weapon. Meaning if you swap out the level 2 iron axe for a level 6 iron axe, the familiarity doesn't transfer.

Side note: The red zombie HP bar was horrific. Thanks goodness that didn't go into production.

Tracker
    I don't understand the love affair that everyone seems to have with the LBD system. Those systems are almost universally terrible. The glazed eyes of looking at the past always seem to forget those asinine moments when you are standing on a cactus to level armor or eating a million aloe creams to level medicine.

Here is a hint - ignore where you are getting your experience from. It makes the game a LOT more fun and you will notice that you are leveling faster anyway. LBD is actually a rather horrible idea because there are simply things in any game that you want to level but only need in more rare circumstances (like armor skills).

Quote Originally Posted by FA_Q2 View Post
    I don't understand the love affair that everyone seems to have with the LBD system. Those systems are almost universally terrible. The glazed eyes of looking at the past always seem to forget those asinine moments when you are standing on a cactus to level armor or eating a million aloe creams to level medicine.

Here is a hint - ignore where you are getting your experience from. It makes the game a LOT more fun and you will notice that you are leveling faster anyway. LBD is actually a rather horrible idea because there are simply things in any game that you want to level but only need in more rare circumstances (like armor skills).
    Don't worry, you are not alone ^^. LBD seems to be a good idea in theory, but in practice it's a mess.

I would like a mixed system of
    * Learning by doing
    * Unlock with perks
    * Unlock by reputation
    * Learn by teachers (what need money and or XP and or reputation and or unlocked Perks)

Every single system has beneifits and drawbacks, only a mix would be able to maximize benefits and reduce drawbacks.

Because it feels good if you Mine and your Strenght go up.
    Its is nice to unlock better tools at the trader by reputation
    In your free time you can focus on something, so xp are only a gate for the ability to lean back, read a book and improve a ability it makes no sense to learn by do it. As example First aid.

And finally Teachers, that can teach you abilitys like Producing iron tools, or using a First aid kit properly.

A huge part of that can (in future) be done by quests i hope
    (Break 20 Stone blocks = Strenght 2
    Break 100 Stone blocks = Strenght 3
    ...)
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 02-13-2019 at 07:40 AM.