Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 199

Thread: RWG Just When you think it can't get any worse

  1. #106
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ravenhearst
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post

    A17.2 is in the experimental branch. Opt in and experience it at your entertainment peril. The experimental branch is for those willing to test those areas requested by the developers.
    Sounds good. So where is this list of areas that the developers would like us to focus on. We have a Trello for our mod, where each update we list specific areas we want our testers to hit and focus on. Id love to get in on focused testing.

  2. #107
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Fixed that for you
    Well yeah, but I did cover that in the following sentence..

  3. #108
    Community Moderator OzHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranzera View Post
    But please, tell me again how I don't get it because I don't understand what you mean by Early Access. Surely you'll be more correct next time *roll eyes*
    Is A17.2 RWG borked? Hells yes!

    Are A17.2 RWG maps enjoyable? Hells no! Unless you get VERY lucky on the seed.

    Did TFP put a gun to your head and force you to play A17.2?

    I don't think it's any more complicated than that.

  4. #109
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    Did TFP put a gun to your head and force you to play A17.2?
    This isn't about that, but thanks for playing.
    Last edited by Ranzera; 1 Week Ago at 02:01 AM.

  5. #110
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    2,702
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    Did TFP put a gun to your head and force you to play A17.2?
    Given the HAARP arrays generated by the non-experimental version they may not have put a gun to my head but it certainly made a game of Russian roulette with a semi-automatic pistol seem like a good idea :-)

  6. #111
    Community Moderator OzHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranzera View Post
    This isn't about that, but thanks for playing.
    Yes it is. All your complaining is based on somehow treating A17.2 like it was a stable version of the game released, in your very own words "to the public".

    It was made publicly available to those willing to test it out by opting in to it. If that difference is simply one you cannot see, or do not care about, then get ready to be disappointed a lot, because its one that the Pimps and many other developers, including many games in my own library, see a really big difference in.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    Given the HAARP arrays generated by the non-experimental version they may not have put a gun to my head but it certainly made a game of Russian roulette with a semi-automatic pistol seem like a good idea :-)
    No doubt - generating a map in A17.2 RWG and not inspecting it right now is like playing Russion roulette. Odds are you'll get a terrible map!

    And since the whole reason I like playing RWG is precisely to not know whats over the next hill, I don't preview maps before I play them, and since doing that right now is a recipe for an unejoyable game, I'm not playing A17.2 - at all.

    I don't have an issue with someone saying A17.2 RWG is terrible (even if I didn't agree with them, though in this case I do), it's when people demand TFP not release an experimental build until all major systems are in a hunky dory state that I get puzzled by their attitude.

  7. #112
    Leader Royal Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6,169
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    And since the whole reason I like playing RWG is precisely to not know whats over the next hill, I don't preview maps before I play them, and since doing that right now is a recipe for an unejoyable game, I'm not playing A17.2 - at all.
    Open the steam seed thread
    Choose a seed of the 1 Post without looking on the picture

    Tadaaaa

    I help
    perfectworld = Prefab.xml = 343 Kb
    gimme good map = Prefab.xml = 284 Kb
    A17 2 3 = Prefab.xml = 273 Kb
    1902102 = prefab.xml = 252 Kb
    Apachi = prefab.xml = 219 Kb
    trybigger = prefab.xml = 212 Kb

    Or you mean you are a masochist
    Island = prefab.xml = 7 Kb

  8. #113
    Community Moderator OzHawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,220
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Open the steam seed thread
    Choose a seed of the 1 Post without looking on the picture

    Tadaaaa

    I help
    perfectworld = Prefab.xml = 343 Kb
    gimme good map = Prefab.xml = 284 Kb
    A17 2 3 = Prefab.xml = 273 Kb
    1902102 = prefab.xml = 252 Kb
    Apachi = prefab.xml = 219 Kb
    trybigger = prefab.xml = 212 Kb

    Or you mean you are a masochist
    Island = prefab.xml = 7 Kb
    I suffer from a particular form of OCD in this regard - hehe.

    I don't like using other peoples seeds, because then, even if I don't know the exact poi's in the map, I still know the general map layout, or that it's "a really great map" in one way or another, and even that detracts from the "exploration of the unknown" feel I like.

    What I like to do is pick a seed name, generate the map, and start playing without the slightest clue of what I may (or may not) find. In A17.2 that'd be a recipe to a likely very unenjoyable game, which is why I'm happy to sit back and wait for RWG to get fixed and give some attention to some of the other titles in my library that gather dust, unloved and unplayed... hehe.

  9. #114
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    13,957
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Sounds good. So where is this list of areas that the developers would like us to focus on. We have a Trello for our mod, where each update we list specific areas we want our testers to hit and focus on. Id love to get in on focused testing.
    Itís not hard to find. Just go to the A17.2b20 experimental thread in news and announcements and read everything listed by Richard until you get to known issues and then stop. Anything in that list is fair game to test and report if it isnít working properly. Youíll have to give up A16.4 and opt in to A17.2 manually in order to do that focused testing. Oh, and I highly recommend doing the testing in Navezgane(same as the internal testers btw).

    Thanks in advance.

  10. #115
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    13,957
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranzera View Post
    You are really good at making incorrect assumptions about people. Like rock star level....
    <sigh>

    Heheheh....We goofed folks. RWG is broke and we pushed it out to you anyway. Iím sure weíll be back on track for A17.3. Letís have a chuckle, now.

    #justforyou.

  11. #116
    Reconstructionist stasis78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    729
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    <sigh>

    Heheheh....We goofed folks. RWG is broke and we pushed it out to you anyway. Iím sure weíll be back on track for A17.3. Letís have a chuckle, now.

    #justforyou.
    Lol

    This is definitely going in to Rolandís Breakfast list now!

  12. #117
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    5,956
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hek Harris View Post
    When it will be possible to generate maps like this one on purpose, I know that I will do a test. It's a real survival map, in a vast and empty world. The current concern is that it's difficult to find a map that fit exactly to our taste, but all maps are playable.
    Oh. My. GOD sir! What an amazing idea! That could change gaming forever, in a wonderful way!


    Map Options:

    1) Predominate biome, Organic or random.
    2) POI dispersal (urban, rural, or metropolis)
    3) Devastation level (Percent of destroyed buildings)
    4) Initial zombie level and initial population.
    5) NPC level and if factions are present.


    6) Factions
    -Set number of factions (three would be interesting), zero or random.
    -Percent of map controlled by factions.
    -Aggressiveness of factions.



    Ok I'll stop here as a wall is forming.

    But another great idea Hek.

  13. #118
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ravenhearst
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    It’s not hard to find. Just go to the A17.2b20 experimental thread in news and announcements and read everything listed by Richard until you get to known issues and then stop. Anything in that list is fair game to test and report if it isn’t working properly. You’ll have to give up A16.4 and opt in to A17.2 manually in order to do that focused testing. Oh, and I highly recommend doing the testing in Navezgane(same as the internal testers btw).

    Thanks in advance.
    Nice assumption. Im on 17.1.

  14. #119
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    13,957
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Nice assumption. Im on 17.1.
    Sorry if I missed that announcement. Last I remembered you claimed you were playing A16.4 so as not to send the wrong message to the devs. So not so much an assumption as a missed post. Apologies.

    But regardless, you can get started on focused testing now. 👍

  15. #120
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Ravenhearst
    Posts
    4,166
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Sorry if I missed that announcement. Last I remembered you claimed you were playing A16.4 so as not to send the wrong message to the devs. So not so much an assumption as a missed post. Apologies.

    But regardless, you can get started on focused testing now. ��
    No harm, no foul. It was posted on my Facebook, but I don't think we have a connection there yet

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •