Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A17.2 more Land claim blocks..

Quote Originally Posted by Red Eagle LXIX View Post
    I think some folks are just complaining for the sake of complaining.

A17.2 is essentially A16 Landclaim with added benefit of being allowed to limit the number to what the server operator wants, while keeping the improvement of Zed spawn blocking that came with A17.

Somehow this improvement is disaster still (without a word of explanation)?
    I'm not complaining for the sake of it, I am disappointed that this is how you feel as a community mod for the forums, my gripe with how land claims were changed is that they never needed to be changed to begin with, now we get "almost" what we had, except its now at the mercy of a server admin to change it, and I am willing to bet most of them will not set it to what would be proper for most of us that like to build large structures and large series of underground tunnels and connected bases.

It could have just been handled much better without the grief its caused most of us that played exclusively online.

Also we never needed land claims to have spawn blocking (We have bedroll for that ), I would gladly remove that to have unlimited default land claims at 100 Forged Iron back as our standard.

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyMeiya View Post
    I'm not complaining for the sake of it, I am disappointed that this is how you feel as a community mod for the forums, my gripe with how land claims were changed is that they never needed to be changed to begin with, now we get "almost" what we had, except its now at the mercy of a server admin to change it, and I am willing to bet most of them will not set it to what would be proper for most of us that like to build large structures and large series of underground tunnels and connected bases.
    Well, my #1 philosophy, ever since joining these boards, has been more player choice is a good thing, so for me, the fact that LCB counts are now configurable is a huge bonus. If a particular server owner hasn't set it to a setting you like, then don't play on that server, but now, I've got the ability in my games to configure and for that I'm happy.

I do agree though, I'd also like the ability to toggle on or off its bed-like function of also disabling zombie spawns.

Wait, what. Landclaimblocks do now block respawn of Zombies and i can place as many as i want if i edit a simple XML line ?

WHooooaaaaaa baby, thats perfect

Refugee
    I tried it on a new clean game and the landclaim blocks still only allows 1 up at a time.
    Last edited by Masonic; 1 Week Ago at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Masonic View Post
    I tried it on a new clean game and the landclaim blocks still only allows 1 up at a time.
    Did you edit the XML's to change the default setting off of 1?

Can anyone tell me where i find this value to change it in singleplayer ?

Quote Originally Posted by stasis78 View Post
    Well to be fair an experimental build should be bug free and not have any issues. I mean everyone complaining has made a massive video game and made it perfect during prerelease. They are entitled to complain
    An experimental should be bug free? What? That's the purpose of experimental, to find more bugs....

Quote Originally Posted by JCrook1028 View Post
    An experimental should be bug free? What? That's the purpose of experimental, to find more bugs....
    maybe read it again^^

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    maybe read it again^^
    Let them think I was serious;p

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Can anyone tell me where i find this value to change it in singleplayer ?
    Well, at the moment, I can only see it in the serverconfig.xml, the amendment of which had no effect in a purpose made A17.2 Navazgane test game. So, tbh, not sure how to make it effective in SP just yet.

Community Moderator Red Eagle LXIX's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OzHawkeye View Post
    Well, at the moment, I can only see it in the serverconfig.xml, the amendment of which had no effect in a purpose made A17.2 Navazgane test game. So, tbh, not sure how to make it effective in SP just yet.
    While there are ways to use serverconfig.xml to change some settings for SP, there is a far easier way for this one that works.
    I added a modlet here that adds a setting for this to the menu which also includes screenshots demonstrating 5 placed with a setting of 5, then placing s 6th and the first deactivated leaving 5 still active.
    Last edited by Red Eagle LXIX; 1 Week Ago at 10:27 AM.

While there are ways to use serverconfig.xml to change some settings for SP, there is a far easier way for this one that works.
    I added a modlet here that adds a setting for this to the menu which also includes screenshots demonstrating 5 placed with a setting of 5, then placing s 6th and the first deactivated leaving 5 still active.
    Ohh thats nice, i guess that would have been my next question/or task

Why Bless You, Young Red!

/zoink - modlet downloaded. :-)

Community Moderator Red Eagle LXIX's Avatar
    FWIW, there are at 4 servers that I see right at this moment running with LCB count of 100.
    In order of commonality the values were:
    1, 5, 10, 100, 20/25 (20 and 25 only had 1 server each when I checked).

Refugee
    Hey thank you so much for this! @OzHawkeye keyed me in to your modlet, and I appreciate you for doing this