Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha 17.2 Experimental B27 bug reporting thread

Scavenger
    Summary: severe performance drop indoors with reflections enabled, even on low setting
    Version: 17.2
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10 latest
    Navezgane

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you start a new game? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    Are you using any mods? no
    EAC on or off ? off

Status: old, but tested extensively since 17.2 experimental builds

Bug Description:
    When you change reflection graphic setting from "off" to "low" performance degrades indoors from 110-120fps to 40-48fps immediately. A little less fps with "medium" and "high", but with these latest settings frametime spikes a lot more than low or off (tested with msi afterburner ingame graphs). Outdoors has also a performance penalty but just from 110-120 to ~90fps on same areas. The lighting is a bit different with reflections enabled, even without reflective surfaces around. Looks like the setting is enabling some light bouncing between blocks and surfaces that eats a ton of gpu resources, but that indoor scenes doesn't look arguably better compared with water reflections for example.

Screenshots before/after: https://imgur.com/a/kheILv6

System: GTX 1080, I7 7700k, 16gb 3200mhz, SSD
    2560x1440p, vsync off, exclusive fullscreen

Reproduce steps:
    Switch reflection setting between off and low in settings while you're indoors at any building, big or small. I prefer to test outside cities and after cleaning zombies to avoid cpu spikes interferences. When you clic apply button to enable reflections the performance degrades immediately. To compare performance degradation between indoors and outdoors ,enable DM mode and fly in an out the buildings.

Actual result: more than 50% fps degradation indoors.

Expected result: performance degradation much less pronounced, like outdoors.

Controller: Unable to select preview window for spotlights // not able to decent gyrocoper
    Spoiler: 

I'm skipping the form because this has you to be confirmed in the last st builds or even mentioned as known issues.

Controller support still had issues selecting targetable items like the spotlights. You can't move the cursor to the preview window to select it to adjust it.. you still need to use the mouse.

The same goes for the run toggle for vehicles.. its either still not implemented, or is broken with controller. Some needs to try riding a bicycle with a controller at night for 20 minutes to see how uncomfortable it is to mash it down for what feels like an eternity.

These worked in a16.

There are also more issues with the lights than acknowledged.. a non player owned item like spotlights on a timer do not cast light is they come on in a loaded chunk for other players. If you however come into the chunk after the lights come on, the lights do show to other players as expected.

I've reported the controller issues with the form for every single a17 experimental build.. it would be nice to see it at least recognised and added to the list of known features.

EDIT:I also forgot that the gyrocopter bank down is still not bound for controllers, so its impossible to decrease altitude or land without the kb.

Sorry, I am unable to confirm either claim.
    The xbox controller uses the B key to drive the nose down towards earth. If this doesnt work for you, please try hitting default in the controller menu.
    As for the spotlight selection, I can interact with the whole screen no problem, the cursor allows me to click on the preview and adjust it no problem for both host or client.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 02-27-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Tracker
    Summary: When aiming down the sights, if you switch to a different toolbelt item, the camera moves back into your head and shows part of your head and a weird view of your arms and you holding other items. AK47 + reflex sight
    Spoiler: 

Version: a17.2b27
    OS/Version: Windows
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? Yes
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No
    EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description:

Reproduce steps:

1) ADS (aim down the sights) with a weapon.
    2) Don't release the ADS and switch to a different toolbelt item.
    3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring) When aiming down the sights, if you switch to a different toolbelt item, the camera moves back into your head and shows part of your head and a weird view of your arms and you holding other items.

Expected result: (what you expect to occur) Camera should revert back to the non-ADS position when changing items

[Attach bug screenshot and output log for ALL bugs please]

Video demo here: https://streamable.com/bg7we

Note that it only happens when continuing to hold the ADS manually. If you first release the ADS hold, this bug does not happen. I should have tested the ADS toggle as well to see if this bug occurs when using the ADS toggle instead of hold, so I'll test that now and report back.

EDIT: Just tested and this does indeed occur no matter how you are using ADS, both toggle and hold ADS.

Thank you, verified and reported.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 02-27-2019 at 07:09 PM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Madman.XXX View Post
    I assumed this was a normal function of the game now, which is why we have a rule on our server:

"Do NOT build, claim or place bed rolls in ANY prefab structure!!! - This includes houses! If you didn't build it, don't claim it!"

Since essentially, any prefab can become a quest location. Is this not something intended by the Fun Pimps?
    it raised an error in a console, also how would a player know that you cant build in a POI? This would be a game ruining idea.

Twigg, thanks for a future fix!

P.S. that POI had LCB installed by me to prevent zombies from spawning but it reset anyway. And I had a bedroll there as well as it was my only home.

FYI, If you place either a landclaim or bedroll in a poi, it should then be removed form the quest pool, the issue here is with the chunk reset system. Twigg
    Last edited by kutovoy; 02-27-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by kutovoy View Post
    it raised an error in a console, also how would a player know that you cant build in a POI? This would be a game ruining idea.

Twigg, thanks for a future fix!

FYI, If you place either a landclaim or bedroll in a poi, it should then be removed form the quest pool, the issue here is with the chunk reset system. Twigg
    @Twigg
    DUDE!! Awesome reply.. Landclaim blocks it is

We'll look forward to the chunk reset system fix... Until then... heeeeere zombie zombie zombie .. >>BAM<<

Refugee
    I realize this is for the current stable build but there is no indication it does not exist in alpha builds.

Summary: Wandering horde spawned inside base
    Version: 17.1 B1
    Game mode, sp NAV

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new game? No
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    EAC on or off ? On

Bug Description: After harvesting food on the roof of my base I descended to find a wandering horde inside my living room. There was no sign of damage to any doors or walls. The exterior walls surrounding the building were intact. The spike pit was not damaged. The horde just spawned in my base. I also noticed that one or more were trying to get into the basement even though neither I nor anything else was in the basement. They were just bashing the hatch and the floor. They also did not appear to try to climb the ladder to where I was. This is an area where I have land block placed

Reproduce steps:

No idea

Actual result: Zombies spontaneously appearing inside of my base.

Expected result: Zombies should never spawn inside an enclosed room that has been cleared and is owned by the player.

Zombie Hunter
    Summary: Fast production in cement mixer
    Spoiler: 

Version: B27
    Game mode: SP

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new game? Yes
    EAC on or off: Off

Bug Description: Produce large number of cement blocks very quickly

Reproduce steps: Queue sand in mixer. Queue cement block desired (tested with wet concrete pole, pole center and plate). Cancel sand and exit window. Reenter mixer and cement blocks are instantly produced. As long as you stay in the mixer widow timers seem to be accurate. As soon as you exit it seems the blocks are produced.

Thank you, production queue being buggy is reported.
    -Hated
    Last edited by Hated; 02-27-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Summary: Wrong loot from burn barrel
    Spoiler: 

Version: 17.2 B27
    Game mode: SP RWG

Did you wipe old saves? no
    Did you validate your files? no
    EAC on or off ? on

Bug Description: burn barrel loot

Reproduce steps:

1) Use wrench on burn barrel
    2) Get electric parts

Actual result: Get electric parts from burn barrel

Expected result: not to get electric parts when deconstructing something that isn't electric

(edit added comment by QA Tester-unholyjoe)

verified and reported

thanks

Last edited by unholyjoe; 02-27-2019 at 10:45 PM.

Refugee

Zombies break every second block in wall.

Summary: Zombies destroying every second block in walls
    Version: Alpha 17.2 B27
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Game mode, sp

Did you wipe old saves? yes
    Did you validate your files? yes
    EAC on or off ? ON

Bug Description: When zombies are attacking a wall they will go around the entire perimeter breaking every second block of the second row in the wall before running around and eventually breaking through one of the lower parts of the wall to get to the player. This results in a very long time for them to get to the player compared to breaking through the 2 block needed to make a gap they can get through.

This happens in both POIs and player built structures. I have observed this happening in Youtuber's Lets Plays and in my own worlds.

Reproduce steps: Build a walled in area, spawn zombies and get them to attack player. Wait inside of walled area and observe Zombie behaviour.

Press F1 to open the console, then type dbs
    This will open a panel in game for you to type the bug in.
    once done click ok
    there will then be a SCREENSHOTS folder in the main 7 days folder.

1) https://imgur.com/JZdIRZe
    2) https://youtu.be/P0hQyglEaMQ?t=628 Kage48 notices this happen at 10:30
    3)

Actual result: Zombies breaking through every second block in entire wall before making it to player.

Expected result: Zombies break through the 2 blocks needed to make a gap and get to player.

QA Lead
    A17.2 b27 is now live, please use the new thread.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...porting-thread
    Last edited by Hated; 02-27-2019 at 10:57 PM.