Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Del Stryker A17 Modlet Collection

  1. #1
    Scavenger DelStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0

    Del Stryker A17 Modlet Collection

    - - - - Delmod A17 - - - -
    Modlet Collection


    Modlets are located HERE on Github


    This is currently a set of modlets that I have thrown together to provide some sensible quality improvements, and add a few more items to the game. The usual disclaimers and rules apply.

    I created this for my own personal use among my tribe. These Modlets are very much "works in progress" and will be updated and/or improved and added to as my time allows and as I am able. Of course, additions. corrections, and suggestions are ALWAYS welcome.

    The following individuals I would like to credit right now: sphereii , Guppycur , stedman420 , KhaineGB , stallionsden , and others for code examples, tutorials, etc. If you are not credited here it is because I can not remember what I used of yours. However, I am sure I will credit more people here as time goes on and as I borrow more of other people's code.

    Delmod Kitchen -
    Working Sinks and Stoves that can be crafted

    • Working Granite Sink
    • Working Sink
    • Working Oven
    • Working Stove

    All can be crafted at Level 1 of Advanced Engineering
    The Stove and Oven operate like the Campfire but they do not require fuel.
    The Sinks fill empty bottles with murky water by right mouse clicking on the sink with the bottle in your hand.

    Delmod Pack And Store -
    Larger Backpack (60) and Larger Storage Containers

    • Increases Backpack to 60
    • Increases Gun Safe, Refrigerator, Cabinets to 72
    • Increases Desks, nightstands, Lockers to 48
    • Increase Bookcase, Medical Cabinets, Pill Case to 36

    Delmod Recipes Fix -
    Changed some of the recipes.

    • Dropped the meat requirements on most recipes to 1 instead of 10.
    • Added quantity 5 stews using less ingredients
    • Modified the Medical Kit recipe to require antibiotics instead of a blood bag and added an additional Medical Kit recipe
    • Added a Bottle of Acid recipe
    • Added a Hardened Chest recipe
    • Added Beaker recipe
    • Added Solar Cell and Solar Bank recipe
    • Added Log Spikes recipe

    More recipes will be forthcoming as I am able,...

    Delmod Combiner

    • Adds combiner function back to the game.
    • This provides the ability to combine two like objects into a single better quality object.
    • The combiner is accessible via the Workbench and Vehicle Storage

    Delmod Stack Sizes -
    Changes several item item stack sizes

    • Doubles the ammunition stack size
    • Changes stack size for several resources, food items, drink items, drugs and medical items.

    Click on the Github download link to see a detailed list of all stack size changes.

    Delmod Startup Packs - New Startup Packs

    • Adds bug out bags to your new character at the beginning of the game. These packs contain randomly generated clothes, weapons, and other survival type gear you might commonly find in a bug out bag.
    • Set the bags on the ground and punch them to open them.

    Delmod Archetypes - Added one new Del Stryker archetype

    This is just an example of how to create additional archetypes to use within the game.


    These are all xpath Modlets. Therefore, the modlet folder needs to reside within your "7 Days To Die\Mods" folder.
    This is typically located here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\Mods"

    If the "Mods" folder does not exist within your "7 Days to Die" folder, simply create the "Mods" folder.

    Extract/Copy the modlet folder into your "7 Days To Die\Mods" folder.

    Example:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\7 Days to Die\Mods\Delmod_Kitchen"


    Localization.txt File

    The localization.txt file is not processed as an XML file, of course. Therefore, if a localization.txt file is included in the modlet you want to use, you will need to please append this file to the end of your current localization.txt file.

    First, please make a backup copy of your current localization.txt file to something like localization.txt.bak. This file is located in your "7 Days To Die\Data\Config" folder.

    Then copy the contents of the new localization.txt file into the end of your current localization.txt file in your
    "7 Days To Die\Data\Config" folder.

    Easy Method Using Localization Appender

    This can more easily be done with the included
    "Localization Appender" which I first saw posted by Jereth_Khan


    It is a batch file named "Localization.bat" that you can launch from within the Modlets
    "Config" folder.

    Follow the onscreen directions and it will create a backup of your existing localization.txt file and then append the modlets data for you.


    These all currently work in Single Player and MultiPlayer mode.
    For MP they are only required on the Server side and not required on the client side.


    Last edited by DelStryker; 01-21-2019 at 04:07 AM.

  2. #2
    Reconstructionist Puschpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    540
    Rep Power
    1
    Recipe for making Acid is tagged as learnable. So it needs to be added to a perk too. Beside this, some good ideas

  3. #3
    Scavenger DelStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Puschpa View Post
    Recipe for making Acid is tagged as learnable. So it needs to be added to a perk too. Beside this, some good ideas
    Thanks for the heads up. I have added it to the Science perk in the progression.xml.

  4. #4
    Scavenger DelStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Created Delmod Stack Sizes Modlet - Changes several item item stack sizes

    Doubles the ammunition stack size
    Changes stack size for several resources, food items, drink items, drugs and medical items.

  5. #5
    Scavenger DelStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Added Delmod Combiner

    Adds combiner function back to the game.
    This provides the ability to combine two like objects into a single better quality object.
    The combiner is accessible via the Workbench and Vehicle Storage

  6. #6
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    I put the startup packs mod on a server and the backpacks are empty, any idea what would cause this

  7. #7
    Scavenger DelStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpanh View Post
    I put the startup packs mod on a server and the backpacks are empty, any idea what would cause this
    Just to be clear so I can help resolve.

    1. When you start, you have the two bags in your action bar correct?
    2. I am assuming you then set them on the ground and punched them a few times to open them?
    3. When you open them they are empty?

    If this is all accurate then I can only assume one of the following.

    Somehow the files got corrupted. Try deleting and re-installing.
    Your vanilla 7D2D files may have a problem. Run validate files to make sure they are OK?
    Another Modlet's loot.xml may be conflicting because I use loot container ID 221 and 222. Another modlet may be using those as well.

  8. #8
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    1, 2, 3 correct. I'll check the Id's and re-install the files.

    Ok, reinstalled server and mod, working now. Should've tried that to begin with. Thanks!
    Last edited by Deadpanh; 01-22-2019 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Solved.

  9. #9
    Scavenger DelStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpanh View Post
    1, 2, 3 correct. I'll check the Id's and re-install the files.

    Ok, reinstalled server and mod, working now. Should've tried that to begin with. Thanks!
    No worries. Hope you enjoy! :-)

  10. #10
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Ok I have a public server that i and a few close friends play on. How would I install the bug out packs on the server. I founf the Mod file do I need to make a named file for it or can i just copy the xml and make new xmls in the mod folder or does it have to be in a named folder as well inside the mod folder?

  11. #11
    Scavenger DelStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaplain Wagner View Post
    Ok I have a public server that i and a few close friends play on. How would I install the bug out packs on the server. I found the Mod file do I need to make a named file for it or can i just copy the xml and make new xmls in the mod folder or does it have to be in a named folder as well inside the mod folder?
    Just copy the Delmod_Startup_Packs folder and all of its contents into your Mods folder.

    It will be like this 7 Days To Die\Mods\Delmod_Startup_Packs\

    Then restart your server

  12. #12
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0
    can anyone help me please, I cannot for the life of me get this to work. I had no problem with a farmer mod from nexus, followed the same path. extract to mods folder. am I missing something? again please help!

  13. #13
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by DelStryker View Post
    Just copy the Delmod_Startup_Packs folder and all of its contents into your Mods folder.

    It will be like this 7 Days To Die\Mods\Delmod_Startup_Packs\

    Then restart your server
    Is it possible to have the bags unlocked so no need to punch? Just place and open? And possibly change the bags to another container? I have tried but hasnt worked.

  14. #14
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    17
    Rep Power
    0
    Having an issue, maybe others are too.

    After applying the modlets, "Drop on death" is no longer working.. e.g. even when set to DoD = 0 (everything), it doesn't actually drop.

    I removed all the Delmod modlets and the issue went away.

    I am adding them back slowly, to see if I can duplicate the issue and report back.

    I am wondering tho, is it possible that by expanding the backpack inventory, (slots) it somehow is creating an issue with the Dropped_Backpack item which gets spawned when the player dies ?

    Just a thought, as these are the only things that seem to relate to drop on death.

    I will try to duplicate and report back.




    EDIT:

    Confirmed in 17.3(B18)
    When applying the pack and store modlet, it breaks drop on death. You don't actually drop items, regardless of what the setting on the server is.








    Edit 2:

    Upon inspection I found you're removing the dropcntbackpack from entityclasses.

    Why is this removed ? Is this conflicting somehow with the placing of the backpack for the bugout bags ?

    <delmod>
    <remove xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='DropInventoryBlock'][@value='cntBackpackDropped']" />
    <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvival']/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>
    <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP']/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>
    <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP']/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>
    </delmod>
    Last edited by 2ndRecon; 05-17-2019 at 03:48 PM.

  15. #15
    Scavenger DelStryker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    36
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndRecon View Post
    Having an issue, maybe others are too.

    After applying the modlets, "Drop on death" is no longer working.. e.g. even when set to DoD = 0 (everything), it doesn't actually drop.

    I removed all the Delmod modlets and the issue went away.

    I am adding them back slowly, to see if I can duplicate the issue and report back.

    I am wondering tho, is it possible that by expanding the backpack inventory, (slots) it somehow is creating an issue with the Dropped_Backpack item which gets spawned when the player dies ?

    Just a thought, as these are the only things that seem to relate to drop on death.

    I will try to duplicate and report back.




    EDIT:

    Confirmed in 17.3(B18)
    When applying the pack and store modlet, it breaks drop on death. You don't actually drop items, regardless of what the setting on the server is.








    Edit 2:

    Upon inspection I found you're removing the dropcntbackpack from entityclasses.

    Why is this removed ? Is this conflicting somehow with the placing of the backpack for the bugout bags ?

    <delmod>
    <remove xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='DropInventoryBlock'][@value='cntBackpackDropped']" />
    <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvival']/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>
    <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalSP']/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>
    <set xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='ItemsOnEnterGame.GameModeSurvivalMP']/@value">Bug-Out Bag 1 (Locked),Bug-Out Bag 2 (Locked),keystoneBlock</set>
    </delmod>
    Well, my sincere apologies for my delayed response, I have been entirely unable to access the Forums for a while now. As you have stated this line "<remove xpath="/entity_classes/entity_class[@name='playerMale']/property[@name='DropInventoryBlock'][@value='cntBackpackDropped']" />" is the offending line. I added it intentionally to disable the normal drop-on-death function. However, as you have probably already found, simply removing this one line will restore the normal drop-on-death functionality.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •