View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2354 of 2733 FirstFirst ... 1354185422542304234423522353235423552356236424042454 ... LastLast
Results 35,296 to 35,310 of 40994

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Neill View Post
    I do still use the command gfx af 0, removes a bit of stuttering(RX580 8GB). But the performance is better now
    Faatal: Is there a possibility to add the "gfx af 0" as a start parameter in steam, or does it work only ingame, when the world is loaded ?
    Next week I will probably be adding a Texture Filter video option, which will do the same thing.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    No it trivializes the feeling of finding a purple in loot after clearing a dangerous POI. You shouldn't be able to turn garbage into the best gear in the game. Get off your ass and find it.
    This is hilarious. We had someone log into our a18 Server, and the 12th Crate she looted contained a Level 6 Steel Sledgehammer.... and you think Crafting trivializes the feeling of finding Purple loot? Fifteen minutes into the game and you have the best Sledge you're gonna get.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Not sure what everyone is on about, I have 100+ arrows already on day 2 but I use my fists for most fights.
    Yeah, 100 arrows on day 2 is not difficult, even on 50% loot drop. Don't change the ratio of feathers otherwise we will have stupid sized stacks much too fast. It's already bad enough by day 7.

4 hits with the axe and the nests give you those few extras which makes all the difference in the first few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayka View Post
    This is hilarious. We had someone log into our a18 Server, and the 12th Crate she looted contained a Level 6 Steel Sledgehammer.... and you think Crafting trivializes the feeling of finding Purple loot? Fifteen minutes into the game and you have the best Sledge you're gonna get.
    Haxxor !

Quote Originally Posted by Ayka View Post
    It's called RNG, and good RNG in that particular moment. It's a bit unwise to claim that one time someone got an awesome item early on, to say that that moment represents the entire system. I got a purple auger on day 20-something on my current A18 world, and you know what? I haven't seen an auger or a chainsaw since. Yes, it's possible that you could get a purple item pretty much right off the rip, but it's incredibly unlikely. In one of my long-over A16 worlds, I got a level 300+ spiked club out a bag - the first thing I looted! I was overpowered for basically the whole game beyond that point. Did the game require a nerf? Nope. Sometimes, you have rotten luck, and sometimes, you get awesome luck, and everywhere in between. Just saying. :P
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 10-19-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrakicking View Post
    Hey, so, would it be too hard to implement a menu where you can check which recipes you have unlocked and which others you haven't? Sometimes while I loot I find so many recipes I forget I've unlocked them later on.

You can't really keep tabs on it in the crafting menu, since it never shows you all the unlockable recipes at once.
    Yes, it does.
    All unlocked recipes in a group are shown first.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrameth View Post
    Yeah, 100 arrows on day 2 is not difficult, even on 50% loot drop. Don't change the ratio of feathers otherwise we will have stupid sized stacks much too fast.
    Yep. Or allow us to make a pillow with one hundred feathers. I want pillows on my floor all around my hookah.

Scavenger
    Sexual tyrannosaurus requires only level 3 in the strength attribute to reach rank 3 in it, I call that a "minimal-investment perk". All attributes other than strength and perception completely lack minimal-investment perks, so you guys should balance attributes more to give every other attribute (agility, fortitude and intellect) at least 2 minimal-investment perks each. A player has to invest a total of 12 perk points into Fortitude and Iron Gut just so they can eat a piece of grilled meat safely, yet, it only takes 5 perk points to get sexual tyrannosaurus to level 3, along with many other perks under the strength attribute. It's pretty self-explanatory how problematic that is, I don't need to try to convince you. You already know it, and I suspect you're already working on it, but I just wanted to make sure. I'll make the following suggestions: For Intellect, Better Barter and The Daring Adventurer; Or, alternatively, move Master Chef from Strength back over to Intellect, and make it minimal-investment. For Fortitude, I strongly recommend Iron Gut and Cardio. For Agility, I recommend Flurry of Blows and Parkour. The beauty of this idea is, all the above perks benefit every play style; So even if you only dabble in other attributes, you'll be supplementing your playstyle significantly ^_^\m/

Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    Careful man, too much rocking and you will become sand.
    Don't discriminate against the smaller-sized rocks, man!

Is it normal, that higher terrain is rendered like this ?
    I can see this effect coming with higher altitude, visible best in the snow biome, but also occuring in other biomes.
    It happens around 140-150 altitude and gets worse in higher regions.
    Happens with a custom map based on a TGA. Will test now if the random generated ones show the same too.

Or is that a bad setup of my GPU ? (AMD RX590 8GB)

terrainshader.jpg
    Video

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Next week I will probably be adding a Texture Filter video option, which will do the same thing.
    Nice
    Last edited by Sam_Neill; 10-19-2019 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    It's called RNG, and good RNG in that particular moment. It's a bit unwise to claim that one time someone got an awesome item early on, to say that that moment represents the entire system. I got a purple auger on day 20-something on my current A18 world, and you know what? I haven't seen an auger or a chainsaw since. Yes, it's possible that you could get a purple item pretty much right off the rip, but it's incredibly unlikely. In one of my long-over A16 worlds, I got a level 300+ spiked club out a bag - the first thing I looted! I was overpowered for basically the whole game beyond that point. Did the game require a nerf? Nope. Sometimes, you have rotten luck, and sometimes, you get awesome luck, and everywhere in between. Just saying. :P
    Although I agree with totally random loot instead of leveled loot I think the balances are currently way out of whack. It's far too easy to find great stuff.

Day 3 with minimal looting and I have a steel sledgehammer, steel pickaxe and a hunting knife? That seems a bit much to me. Where's the sense of progression?

The loot should have cutoff-levels for the player level. Such that really high quality items only spawn later in the game, based on gamestage or whatever metric is useful here. Since the loot only "spawns" in when a player accesses a container first, this works well even in MP.

I found a level 3 Auger at the second day. After looting 2 POIs... This is really overpowered in terms of progression.
    Its fun, but too much candy is not good either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hek Harris View Post
    Yep. Or allow us to make a pillow with one hundred feathers. I want pillows on my floor all around my hookah.
    And the 50,000 feather, bed! The perk for that is you character feels refreshed and happy in the morning and will whistle, loudly, throughout the glorious morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Y'all using any api mods?
    I just have Alloc mod at this time and I used Putty to issue a saveworld and shutdown.

@Madmole So I've been playing A18 Experimental for awhile now. Love it by the way, zero complaints.

But I have noticed some things that could be looked into. So something is off with the Hunting Rifle, it doesn't always aim when you want it to, something about it feels really clunky.

(for example, when you're running around with the gun in your hands and see a zed, I try and quickly aim at it, but the gun doesn't seem to aim half the time and I have to re-aim.)

And the other thing, I really wish it didn't auto-aim after each reload. A lot of times I get stuck aiming when I would like to be moving after each shot.

Also, I really wish crouch didn't break your aim. I like to aim before going into sneak mode, but it breaks aim, so I have to re-aim after crouching.

(all of this is with the iron sights too, I haven't tried with a scope.)

There's also a bug to where if you click really fast with the Hunting Rifle it will keep firing without reloading.

<3
    Last edited by RotaryPSi; 10-19-2019 at 02:15 PM.