View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2500 of 2726 FirstFirst ... 1500200024002450249024982499250025012502251025502600 ... LastLast
Results 37,486 to 37,500 of 40879

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    While gun jamming is an interesting idea it would probably be a bad game feature.
    In order to make it a feature it would have to happen unrealistically often and there are enough ways for the game to throw you a curve ball.
    I think we'd rather have more interactions with the environment than more interactions with the repair button. =)
    The reload button should resolve the gun jam.
    And its more about the anticipation and fear that the gun MIGHT jam at the wrong moment, loosing a precious 3 seconds.

And guns jamming, are a real thing. Especially with low quality or badly maintained guns.
    Hence the obsession in the military to clean the soldiers gun.

Its also allows you to add more variation between the gun qualities, such that higher quality guns jam less often or never.
    Last edited by Damocles; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:16 AM.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    The reload button should resolve the gun jam.
    And its more about the anticipation and fear that the gun MIGHT jam at the wrong moment, loosing a precious 3 seconds.

And guns jamming, are a real thing. Especially with low quality or badly maintained guns.
    Hence the obsession in the military to clean the soldiers gun.

Its also allows you to add more variation between the gun qualities, such that higher quality guns jam less often or never.
    Make the player have to pull his/her weapon apart to clean it to maintain it etc would work to.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer101 View Post
    She has been around for a while, scientist zombie would be my description, found several in the meth lab type poi yesterday.
    Ah cool! I hadn't seen her up to this point

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    Nooooooooooo! Its unrealistic, but FUN!
    I like it.

I would not call it unrealistic, since you can stab a knife that fast. I watched 3:10 to Yuma recently and Russell Crowe stabbed a sleeping guy in the neck with a fork many times in a short period of time. Try it yourself and see, but not on an actual person.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Should I post a gif of me doing something different at that same speed?
    It will be a very short .gif then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Make the player have to pull his/her weapon apart to clean it to maintain it etc would work to.
    That indeed sounds too long.
    Gun jams are usually resolved by cocking the gun again, freeing the chamber of the bullet.
    The normal reload would work as a placeholder.

Scavenger
    somebody encountered occasionally weird issues when getting off a bicycle?
    last time i tried to get off, i duped it, got teleported somewhere else in a state where i'm riding and not riding a bicycle. i can't do anything except for steering and its speeding up on its own, causing collisions and making things worse. In the end i could not get off the bicycle cause i'm kind of stuck on it, even if i exit and rejoin the game.

getting killed seems to be the way to get out of this situation, if i get my backpack back i get everything except for the stuff which was in the toolbelt, this is lost.

was unfortunately not fast enough to record this stuff, will try next time together with log.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I like it.

I would not call it unrealistic, since you can stab a knife that fast. I watched 3:10 to Yuma recently and Russell Crowe stabbed a sleeping guy in the neck with a fork many times in a short period of time. Try it yourself and see, but not on an actual person.
    *Stands over the bloody remains of a stranger in the streets, wielding a bloody fork*

Damnit! Not on an actual person??

Inventor
    No idea how the code would work but if there were something like a, "Random Event Dice Roll" that could be called from the xmls, then modders could add something like,

<random_event name="FailureToFeed" perc_chance="0.04" result="weapon_empty"/>

So every 10 seconds or so when the Random Event Dice Roll fired anything with the 'random_event' would run and have a chance to get triggered.

Could be things like 'get the flu', 'special airdrop', 'flat tire', 'crop failure' etc.

Probably already doable. Point being that "♥♥♥♥ happens", & for me at least, I want the game to throw curveballs from out of the blue.

Who here wouldn't have at least a couple spare tires and a bike lashed onto their 4x4 in a real apocolypse?

'But it's a game!' yeah, and tens of thousands of Northern Cal residents are sitting in the dark too. Texas hurricanes, Carolinas flooding, etc.

"Life isn't fair." "Death & Taxes" "Things always break at the worst possible time" "One is none and Two is One" "Murphy's Law"

How can 7dtd be a "survival" game without things breaking?
    ---
    Peace.

Scavenger
    didn't expect that this happened in the past too, i did many bike rides in 17.4 and never had this issue, so this behavior was really new to me.

Quote Originally Posted by erlgrey View Post
    somebody encountered occasionally weird issues when getting off a bicycle?
    last time i tried to get off, i duped it, got teleported somewhere else in a state where i'm riding and not riding a bicycle. i can't do anything except for steering and its speeding up on its own, causing collisions and making things worse. In the end i could not get off the bicycle cause i'm kind of stuck on it, even if i exit and rejoin the game.

getting killed seems to be the way to get out of this situation, if i get my backpack back i get everything except for the stuff which was in the toolbelt, this is lost.

was unfortunately not fast enough to record this stuff, will try next time together with log.
    Oh no, not this again, others and I reported this bug in A17. When it happened to me I had to delete my save it got so borked. This is the boogey man of bugs. Check under your bed folks.

I have spent way too many hours on that issue. I can get different variations of flashing, but it will not go away short of making the ground a single color or removing some of the ground textures (like no road or ore textures). AMD does not support those GPUs anymore and has not updated those drivers in years, so supporting them as the game gets more graphically advanced and we use newer versions of Unity is getting more and more difficult.

At this point we have not decided what we are going to do about it.
    As windows 7 is almost obsolete (supported until jan 2020) and most manufacturers skipped windows 8 with drivers, this will soon be a non problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FileMachete View Post
    "Life isn't fair." "Death & Taxes" "Things always break at the worst possible time" "One is none and Two is One" "Murphy's Law"

How can 7dtd be a "survival" game without things breaking?
    ---
    Peace.
    Very well said. You deserve peace

Quote Originally Posted by mr.natural View Post
    As windows 7 is almost obsolete (supported until jan 2020) and most manufacturers skipped windows 8 with drivers, this will soon be a non problem.
    Windows 7 still has between 25% and 30% market share. Microsoft does not want to support it any longer, as its expensive. But they might be forced to do so. Especially if there are still big companies that have not upgraded their workstations.

https://gs.statcounter.com/os-versio...ktop/worldwide

I like it.
    ...paired with the stare