View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Experimental is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1466 of 2391 FirstFirst ... 466966136614161456146414651466146714681476151615661966 ... LastLast
Results 21,976 to 21,990 of 35856

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Wait...you don't consider Madmole handing out A18 access to "people he likes" as privilege abuse....?

/lulz
    You may have a point 🤔😂

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpy View Post
    Have you considered a "respawn at quest marker" or "respawn outside POI" option? The multi-bedroll system seems more elegant though.
    No I think the bedroll design is better. They can degrade after a few days too, so you need to craft a real bed for it to last. The other option is too easy, I like rewarding guys who think ahead and thought to put down a bedroll before doing a poi, not just give them easy instant access to retry.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Nobody in their right mind will lose xp to teleport naked somewhere. Getting raided and you die and they are at your bedroll? Spawn me at my backup base please.
    You're probably not aware of this, but pretty much every server manager has a teleport (/tele home) feature, and it's widely used... I think you are underestimating peoples desire to teleport, or over-estimating peoples care about dragging out their next level increase (remember, your new system doesn't make you lose a level, it only prolongs you getting to your next level!).

But please, allow that moddable. Currently nothing about bedrolls is moddable w/o code.

Wait...you don't consider Madmole handing out A18 access to "people he likes" as privilege abuse....?

/lulz
    I like to think that Madmole's offered the key idea just so he could give instant karma to Zombie_Jam. Worse than a ban: missing out on opportunity for A18

I'd like to be able to do some things like that.
    No no nonononono.

Unless you can shut it off. Bloom and camera shake are terrible additions to graphics gaming.

-A

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Neill View Post
    MadMole
    If you mean a plate (very thin) plant block - that should work too. But then both of it:
    -a planter box and
    -a planter plate
    Would solve the issues for people wanting a field on the same level as the surroundings.

It would be better to get rid off gaps between Terrain and blocks though ^^
    I can do a plate planter in 15-20 minutes, we've been fighting that gap for 5-6 years now, so its not happening.

Not sure if we let you do weird rotations or any of that. Might be able to grow upside down cor.
    I often plant mushrooms on my walls and ceilings. More creative options are never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    Hey there, handsome! Come here often?
    Ewe, at least change your icon to a hot chick before going there lol.

If i need to place down a bedroll just for a place to respawn, i'd know i failed the survival part before it even started...

(They been useful for the no-zombie-spawn radius and to get through the intro quest though)

/lulz
    He gave one to you didnt he? Thats more than enough abuse then he deserves even after the farming plot debacle

Disclaimer: The above post is meant to be sarcastic and in no way reflects the true feelings one has for the best moderator and overall lovable lug that our favorite math professor is

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    And at that moment, Guppycur reflected on his loose tongue and how it cost him.
    Not the sentiment I was going for with that comment... it was more "Oh lordy, here they come out of the woodwork sycophanticing his ass", and sure enough, someone pulled out the Puss in Boots .gif..."

I know where I stand, and I'm content with it. I'm true to myself and that's all I care about. This is just a game afterall. =)

Kill them with what? Your club? Your "primitive bow"? You will get sandwiched in POIS, I promise you.
    I think you underestimate the ingenuity of the players of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_Jam View Post
    A bit of sarcasm and humour isn't an insult. Plus Roland can take it on the chin.
    I can indeed because I don't in point of fact ban people for not liking me or my opinion. If you get banned it will be because you continue to post doom and gloom after being 100% shut down by reason and then warned. So far you are behaving on that count so go ahead and keep posting with sarcasm and biting humor in exactly the way you tried to forum shame all Americans of doing just last week.

#Americansarecontagious

Quote Originally Posted by Genosis View Post
    Same; I avoid too much about the rage mode thing, have to take a swing a few zombies to get the feel of it. I've been an avid sledgehammer guy, but maybe its time to switch back to my usual A16 ranged builds ha.

At least Madmole is taking the feedback in good strides and willing to consider alternatives (such as the planter plate, so its not raised above ground). Then, the only discernible difference would be not having to hoe up the ground (I've run a tiller before, so I know it's not "tilling" with a hoe), which, yes, was a chore. Maybe I won't miss it, I dunno.

Let's all get up in'er with A18 and give honest feedback then.
    I could do a planter plate block easy.

I think if he put a frame down and removed it the ground would have been flush height, but always a gap or angled bevel with terrain edges. Maybe I can make a plate block box that goes on top of the dirt that would work.
    Yes! I will take the planter too though!