0. You may not vote on this poll
  • [size="3"]Release Estimate: Sept/Oct

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1083 of 1506 FirstFirst ... 835839831033107310811082108310841085109311331183 ... LastLast
Results 16,231 to 16,245 of 22584

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Wait. Are you trying to say that there are people here that don't know the difference between a forge and a chicken coop???

ROFL!
    Well, you know why a Chicken Coop has 2 doors, right?

Spoiler: 
    ...because if it had 4 doors it'd be a Chicken Sedan!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigil_Thane View Post
    Well, you know why a Chicken Coop has 2 doors, right?

Spoiler: 
    ...because if it had 4 doors it'd be a Chicken Sedan!
    My health bar lowered by 20% just from the pain of that joke.

Refugee
    uhh... I guess i'm a bit behind .. What's a 'demolisher' ... ?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by angrymonkey_13 View Post
    uhh... I guess i'm a bit behind .. What's a 'demolisher' ... ?
    Remember in serious sam they had those... well, lemme just show you.

Ah I miss them...

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSRViper View Post
    Ah I miss them...
    hehe I just re-installed SS Fusion. I forgot how much mindless fun SS was.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    If People don't ask the hard questions who will?

heck in the OLD days we collided with everything.
    Back in the OLD days, we carried our bicycles to save wear on the tires.

And if I'm lying, may the good Lord strike me down with heath, wealth and an early copy of A18...

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Nope. Its here to stay.
    I see what your doing there!
    There will soon be no way to game the system into becoming stronger than your GS (trying to keep the game a challenge? I approve!).

But, there is a counter intuitive, non-cheating (Its an option setting) way to be potentially stronger than your GS that I might try on my second or third play though.
    Last edited by Aldranon; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by angrymonkey_13 View Post
    What's a 'demolisher' ... ?
    Basically, a future item on the list below.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-All-the-gates

@sillls
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    So what is different about occlusion of Alpha-18?
    Afaik it prevents hidden objects or geometry from being rendered. Opaque blocks may completely cover other blocks/geometry from the player's perspective. So blocks behind don't have to be computed.
    Last edited by Pille; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:51 AM.

Tracker
    I just got electricity set up and was immediately underwhelmed at my lights, I think they have cookie shadow casters on them leaving an ugly black wall. I'll be improving them tomorrow and every thing else I get my hands on that doesn't feel right. Electric lights are a downgrade from torches and even candles, so I'm fixing it. Nothing beats playing the game and seeing all these little issues first hand. I'm dedicated to giving you guys an awesome mid and late game, early game is awesome for sure already.
    Yes! I was hoping one of your plays makes it to the electrical stage. It's such a great system with huge potential but so many shortcomings, like the dim lights and power source chaining as well, as you probably will notice, seeing that you like to build big

It would also be great to get a central element, perhaps accessible with the interact button, to get a wheel like a switchboard.

The big ass manual levers do leave something to be desired for. Perhaps even be able to configure all devices on the grid? Adjusting a big installation can take quite some effort. Not that I mind. But it would sure feel great, just like after finally getting in home music streaming to really work

I just got electricity set up and was immediately underwhelmed at my lights, I think they have cookie shadow casters on them leaving an ugly black wall. I'll be improving them tomorrow and every thing else I get my hands on that doesn't feel right. Electric lights are a downgrade from torches and even candles, so I'm fixing it. Nothing beats playing the game and seeing all these little issues first hand. I'm dedicated to giving you guys an awesome mid and late game, early game is awesome for sure already.
    I am still alive. few trees went down like 20 or so blocks from me. I guess the tornado actually touched down like 5 minutes later. my sister sent me some pics.

This is sweet music to my ears as I love having lights in my base and never did like the fact they were, imo, kinda dim.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    i am here in arkansas and a little while ago was waiting for my day 28 BM and the game blasted the thunder... but as usual, we are or were at the time in a severe storm warning and the same damn time the thunder cracked in RL... it also cracked in game... the timing was perfect.
    Talk about a game being immersive lol.

Refugee
    Love to hear lighting is getting an overhaul I love the scare in these games and would love to make a build showing the zombie coming for you but you canít see so well cuz of lights... zombies in light running then out of light hitting the traps then in light again oh no your defenders didnít work in these and then zombies hit your last defense before you... and you canít see them till they are in your face the only light behind you and your shadow and the structure bars before you casting more shadow onto the zombies! Creeepyyyy O_O ... sorry Iím a little of a weirdo LOL 😂 dude when I make this build with new lighting Iím inviting my friends for hoarde night and going to just laugh my ass off at them lol 😂

Nothing wrong with them. They match every other UI, I really can't see why they would need changed. This is the kind of stuff people are hating on us about, we need to add content, not redo old stuff that works just fine. The icons are blurry at some resolutions so I think its good to redo them.
    Looks about the same to me, a semi transparent grey square. The hd icons will help ours for sure. I just don't see any value in redoing the UI again dude. Its shippable to me this is apples vs oranges. I'd rather redo it in the next game where it might actually matter to someone. Nobody cares about the UI, they just want the game finished. We didn't promise 5 UI iterations in kickstarter lol. Could it be better? Probably, but I'd give it a B+ and we're not redoing anything unless its a C or D.

It's great someone changed its mind

Just wait, A19
    Its not new, its more of a reskin. Looks nice though.

Zombie Hunter
    I've always wondered this. If someone dies at the trader for whatever reason (bleeding, a zombie got inside, etc.), would their "death backpack" actually spawn, or would it be deleted because it would be in the trader bounds?