0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: October

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1150 of 1603 FirstFirst ... 15065010501100114011481149115011511152116012001250 ... LastLast
Results 17,236 to 17,250 of 24044

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    Being up the sequel lol. 7 Days to Die 2 HYPE!

Maybe call it "2 days to die" lol
    Fixed. 😅

i prefer the slowness myself now... a15 and a16 i could max level and gear before the 3rd blood moon... now its more enjoyable and you will not be standing around wondering what to do.... well most of us wont... there will always be the min/max people who have to get there before everyone else and then complain...

really as i stated on a much earlier post... the challenge put forward is people should take their time examine different play styles as if they just started playing... you might find a better and different approach and enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Itís easy. If the perk unlocks a crafting recipe then there is a corresponding book or schematic that does the same thing. Done.

Schematics donít give you powers like perks do. They just unlock crafting recipes.

The book sets give you powers but they are unique and not duplicates of the perks.

So if you are thinking of getting a perk that unlocks the crafting recipe for steel spears there is also a schematic for that. But if you are thinking of getting a perk to get more mats from mining there is no corresponding book for that.

Capiche?
    Ok that's cool. I'll ask you too though.

What if I get the book for steel armor but only have int 3?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    i prefer the slowness myself now... a15 and a16 i could max level and gear before the 3rd blood moon... now its more enjoyable and you will not be standing around wondering what to do.... well most of us wont... there will always be the min/max people who have to get there before everyone else and then complain...

really as i stated on a much earlier post... the challenge put forward is people should take their time examine different play styles as if they just started playing... you might find a better and different approach and enjoy it.
    I can agree with that last paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Yeah, It will be called Alpha-19 lol
    Watching that madmole impersonation video and reading this had me rofl.

The only thing missing from the impersonation is the comment:

"This Alpha is a whole new game. Best Alpha yet." Lol

- - - Updated - - -
    decisions decisions..

sorta like i waited to find the schematic but didnt so i spent the point to craft forge... and yep.. you guessed it... i then find the damn schematic... so i do what makes more sense... read and gained 50 more experience points. so its not a total loss (i would have like to put that point into decreasing encumbrance) but RNG is what it is.

Colony Founder
    Then you can craft a steel armor but only with the quality level your INT allows.

Colony Founder
    dont worry MM we know its 762 in the xml where it is important.... plus if its a single shot there is no clip.

- - - Updated - - -

i bet with a heavy recoil... mount that on a jeep and fire it.. hmmmm i hear tanks
    Do you have any idea what the recoil would do to the jeep that it was mounted on?

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Then you can make a steel armor but only with the quality level your INT allows.
    yep... i found the recipe to make bacon and eggs... and didnt have no points at all in chef... so that was nice.

Reconstructionist
    What if you speck into a perk that allows you to craft an item that you could have found a schematic for, but after that you find the schematic for that item anyway? Would reading the schematic do the player any good after the fact? (By rewarding the player with, say, 50 XP or something.) Or could they be sold or scrapped? I apologize if this question has been answered already, but there's only so many hours in the day and I can't spend all of them remembering every post on here. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Do you have any idea what the recoil would do to the jeep that it was mounted on?
    watching war ships when they fire the big guns.. i'd imagine the jeep would flip over a few times if it wasnt bolted down some how

Colony Founder
    - - - Updated - - -

watching war ships when they fire the big guns.. i'd imagine the jeep would flip over a few times if it wasnt bolted down some how
    Yes! lol
    Last edited by sillls; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    What if you speck into a perk that allows you to craft an item that you could have found a schematic for, but after that you find the schematic for that item anyway? Would reading the schematic do the player any good after the fact? (By rewarding the player with, say, 50 XP or something.) Or could they be sold or scrapped? I apologize if this question has been answered already, but there's only so many hours in the day and I can't spend all of them remembering every post on here. Lol
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1006943

and yes you can scrap them if you want but why... paper is so easy to get in a18, you can sell it... i prefer what i stated in the link i gave you... read anyhow and gain 50 more xp.

Reconstructionist
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1006943

and yes you can scrap them if you want but why... paper is so easy to get in a18, you can sell it... i prefer what i stated in the link i gave you... read anyhow and gain 50 more xp.
    Thank you for the info. I'll probably sell them tbh, or maybe even collect them. Yes, I'm that kind of hoarder. I must have at least one of everything!

Edit: Forge. You said forge. Does this mean that "Forge Ahead" has made its return?
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    Thank you for the info. I'll probably sell them tbh, or maybe even collect them. Yes, I'm that kind of hoarder. I must have at least one of everything!
    well thats your choice no problem... but to me.. that 50 points to read it is 50 points closer to next level.

yep... i found the recipe to make bacon and eggs... and didnt have no points at all in chef... so that was nice.
    Oh. So it doesn't give you the perk. It's the specific items. Interesting. Looting in alpha 18 is gonna a be awesome.
    Last edited by Kage848; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:00 PM.