Page 617 of 617 FirstFirst ... 117517567607615616617
Results 9,241 to 9,245 of 9245

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    as long as you actually have something to add (which you apparently don't).
    Combat and animation overhaul.
    The rest is fine and just needs some balancing and polishing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    I wasn't even grinding, the excess resources mostly came from demolishing a ruined building to make way for the entrance to my base.

The miners are still forced to deal with the other mechanics of the game. This would just allow them to make a consistent living from their chosen character build. Miners rarely, if ever, grow their own food. If I was a miner I'd be trying to exchange the resources I dug up for food.
    Yeah, just making some observations in general. In this game there are no rigid roles/classes - the miners are forced to deal with any other mechanic but are also able to use any other mechanic in the game, so there isn't really a strict role such as a "miner", just some perks which you may have invested towards that activity. Surely, it's great to be able to RP a specific role, but balancing the game for a role which is not really confined in any way is like building a castle on the sand.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaL View Post
    Combat and animation overhaul.
    The rest is fine and just needs some balancing and polishing.
    Much better - if I am not mistaken they hired Doom 4's animator and we will probably soon see some smooth animation goodness.

Edit: Also hopefully they will add something that will make combat more interesting - perhaps making normal zombies more unpredictable with their animations, combat behavior or speed (but with visual cues which will give players a chance to deal with them).
    Last edited by RestInPieces; 1 Minute Ago at 01:32 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SrslyGTFO View Post
    As for Charismatic Nature, I'm a bit sad that perk is useless in single player.
    Well, as long as nobody is near you and receiving the buff, the perk should be dynamically renamed "Vanity" with the description "You're so vain, you probably think this perk is about you *" and give yourself the boni you would normally give to others.

* Adapted (not verbatim) lyrics of a song, so a lawyer should be a asked if can be used, but almost certainly is fair use.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    The trader limits seem a little harsh. I understand that it's a way to limit spamming the trader with resources but it does kind of rule out the simple life of a miner or weaponsmith.

The trader should probably give you a lot less for stacks of the same thing but outright refusing to buy the resource is quite limiting.

As far I know even after the traders inventory has reset they'll still refuse to buy any more bulk materials of that type.
    The trader buys more after restock, I just checked.
    However, he may have kept a few of the stacks you sold him last time.
    If he has less than three stacks, he will buy more.

@madmole

I haven't finished watching the video yet but I have a question. What perks can be found as books excatly?

Can you please either put it in game, or give us a comprehensive list? Or can all perks be found as books?

Update is looking awesome btw.