View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1764 of 2733 FirstFirst ... 7641264166417141754176217631764176517661774181418642264 ... LastLast
Results 26,446 to 26,460 of 40994

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    On SP it is easy to do. Exit game and delete it. Start new game.
    Exactly! That is how I play as I've stated a few times in the past in here. I'm hoping for the Dead is Dead mode one day

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Nice.
    A few observations.
    1: Thank you for unlocking the doors to the trailers. I rarely bothered with them because it was too much of a pain to beat down those iron doors for the 2-3 lootable items that might be inside.
    2: Have the toilets been 'fixed' so you are not going to be finding guns in them any more?
    3: Was there an adjustment to the numbers of zombies spawning in POIs? I did that same house not long ago at about level 20 and encountered 2 to 3 times as many zombies as you did. Also usually the trailers when I would mess with them also had multliple zombies in each as opposed to 1 per like you saw.

Thanks

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Exactly! That is how I play as I've stated a few times in the past in here. I'm hoping for the Dead is Dead mode one day
    I support
    dead is dead - exactly what is missing for me now

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Like you said, this looks like an issue with volume placement.
    In A18 designers could link a 2nd volume to more accurately trigger the first one... but TBH at this time we're in no way interested in A17 prefab bugs. Too much has changed and it would only be a waste of time.

Joel does design, I do spreadsheets and technical design.
    Oh I thought me meant when I play do I map out what perks I want and in what order on a spreadsheet. I don't do that, but I design it all in confluence and use tables, etc.

Oh I thought me meant when I play do I map out what perks I want and in what order on a spreadsheet. I don't do that, but I design it all in confluence and use tables, etc.
    Lol, only gazz plays 7d2d with a spreadseet...

Cool fort! Feels like a mix of medieval and steam punk for some reason.
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    This perk allows you to build the junk turrets. The higher the level in this perk, the higher the quality and fire rate of the junk turrets. At the highest level you can use up to 3 of these turrets at the same time.
    I thought the limit was 2 junk turrets for some reason. Being able to use 3 would be amazing!

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    On SP it is easy to do. Exit game and delete it. Start new game.
    Oh...I was thinking to uninstall the game and install it again...you saved the day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unlike them View Post
    I'm gonna mod it so the spear throw does same or less damage than stabbing. Reason? Just watching the videos people keep throwing spears at point blank and instantly retrieving them. Distance is enough advantage for a power strike.
    But it uses a lot more stamina, so whatever, break your game dude. TBH Spears are the worst melee weapon I've used so far, but you know what you are doing.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarod_Silverstar View Post
    Nice.
    A few observations.
    1: Thank you for unlocking the doors to the trailers. I rarely bothered with them because it was too much of a pain to beat down those iron doors for the 2-3 lootable items that might be inside.
    I never bothered to break down the doors myself. I always let the zombies do the work. Just knock on the door with your club or hammer to wake up the zombies and then wait.

2: Have the toilets been 'fixed' so you are not going to be finding guns in them any more?
    No, but you only find level one pistols in the toilets. The pistols in the toilets are no bug but a reference to the movie "The Godfather".

3: Was there an adjustment to the numbers of zombies spawning in POIs? I did that same house not long ago at about level 20 and encountered 2 to 3 times as many zombies as you did. Also usually the trailers when I would mess with them also had multliple zombies in each as opposed to 1 per like you saw.
    According to what I read the number of zombies in the POIs is reduced by about 20%.
    Last edited by RipClaw; 09-29-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahrkura View Post
    Thanks!

I thought the limit was 2 junk turrets for some reason. Being able to use 3 would be amazing!
    I had the number 3 in the back of my mind but I can also be wrong.

Hi! Was wondering if you have an update MF count and when will you know if a18 is coming next friday

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Lol, only gazz plays 7d2d with a spreadseet...
    There are definitely weirdos in the community that have planned out their intended perk and book specializations using a spreedsheet in anticipation for A18. I'm sure of it...
    SS7.jpg

Was re-reading page 1. Didnt realize steel bullets where removed. I always have terrible luck finding ammo or brass, I hope you managed to balance that out nicely. Also Whats the best way to get paper now, I always seem to have trouble since regular books have been pulled and I only ever found that paper factory once.

Captain Obvious
    But it uses a lot more stamina, so whatever, break your game dude. TBH Spears are the worst melee weapon I've used so far, but you know what you are doing.
    I personally loved the spear fighting in your last video, very fast an dynamic.

By the way, I found a tiny "bug?" in your video regarding a certain item: the radiator in the house at the 4:20 mark is taken appart with a wrench and is supposed to be taken appart with a wrench, and yet it has no wrenching animation while everything else in the video has.

the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHXr...ature=youtu.be

Edit: Now that I think of it, the knife animation for taking appart carcasses on the road is also not there in a17 , which is confusing for noobs . Feature confirmed!
    Last edited by Blake_; 09-29-2019 at 05:18 PM.

Refugee
    "When going to place blocks players can hold down the R button to open the shape selector tool and choose what shape the block will be when placed. All blocks placed will be that shape until a new shape is selected."

What about also having a tool that lets you swing at player owned blocks, to change their shape?