View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2418 of 2727 FirstFirst ... 1418191823182368240824162417241824192420242824682518 ... LastLast
Results 36,256 to 36,270 of 40903

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Madmole

This is tangential... AT BEST... but can you post some videos of your claimed lifts? High rep 300lb+ rows, 400+ squats, etc.?

I've been a strength coach for 14 years so I have been diligently practicing not taking lifters' claims at face value for, well, over a decade now. I want to believe, I want to be like Neo at the beginning of the first Matrix, ie, "He's beginning to believe", but until I see a video I can't help but think... nah dog... that shiz is highly inflated.

I'm 6 beers deep so... with all due respect... your game is amaze-balls regardless... etc. etc. etc. etc.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Did you preview it? I never preview any worlds I make I just play them.
    Previewing the world takes all the fun out of exploration.

I love it, Trader sells Grandpa's Fergit'n Elixir.

Scavenger
    Could we get a pickaxe/shovel combo tool? You could gate it behind a mining book since itís a little OP

Edit: derp, we have one. Itís called an auger! I guess I meant a nonmotorized tool.
    Last edited by omegarte; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:23 AM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    I can see some value in Guppy's degradation proposal, but that by itself I would not like very much.
    In order for me to appreciate that kind of complexity, I would need an equally complex system going in the positive direction.
    If repair kits degrade weapons and lower their stats, then I would want methods or items to enhance them as well... for instance, an upgrade kit. Other things I would want in order to feel like this is worth its complexity is that weapons would have to be rare and/or you can only find/craft level 1 weapons and you must slowly upgrade them to level 6 with high stats.

With all that in place, I would truly feel like my weapons were my babies. I nurtured them into maturity myself. But without all this, degradation alone I would just see as unnecessary complexity without any real reward for having to put up with it. In other words, a PITA.
    Think about a repair perk that would at its highest level, allow you to make repairs without degredation.

Nomad
    How about Mining Adrenaline: Every 5th block breaks in 1 hit.

Kinda like the pistol critical hit skill after x number of shots. Mining puts me to sleep but I'm liking my underground base.

Quote Originally Posted by Socrastein View Post
    The double barrel shotgun is just so fantastic.

ESPECIALLY once you find the "20% more damage to targets with full health" perk book.

"Hold until you see the whites of their eyes!" all day, every day.

I'm playing on always sprint @ nightmare speed, and I JUST encountered a biker zombie who saw me from across a field and ran full sprint toward me:

Hold... hold... HOLD...... *POW!* *POW!*

This gun is a Tyrannosaurus REKS

I haven't even found an M60 yet. Not sure my jean seams can withstand the excitement that will no doubt induce.
    All yours snow!!! 😅

Mining perk book ideas anyone to replace the craft ore bundles thing?
    From what I've read out of the ideas, I like this one the best:

Quote Originally Posted by AlabasterW View Post
    On the topic of a new mining book, how about returning random ore harvests to surface boulders?
    But, I would like it simplified:

Unearthly Skill: A chance to extract trace amounts of ore from rock.

This way it doesn't matter if it's a small boulder, giant boulder, or deep mining.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Think about a repair perk that would at its highest level, allow you to make repairs without degredation.
    It would help the idea out.
    This would just be what we had at one time... but then, we could in a sense upgrade by combining parts. That many parts sucked... but an upgrade kit would be the replacement for parts combining. That system was cool that way, but not in the clutter.

That would be kind of nice. You could Maybe one shot the adjacent blocks after working the one down you are mining.
    Well, the idea is that you'd be sacrificing precision with raw destructive power. Giving a buff to the player that lets them one-shot a block adjacent to the one they broke would still allow them to pretty much dig in whatever shape they liked.

Unless what you're saying is that adjacent blocks should have a random chance to just shatter upon a block break.

Inventor
    omegarte just reminded me. Mining Book, "Sod Buster!" would make your Pickaxe as good as a similar Shovel for Sand/Dirt/Clay.

Save a Slot and personally, I frickin hate having to constantly switch between the pick & shovel when mining an ore vein.

... assuming something like this isn't already in game, heh.

---

Star69, others with high idle cpu on rented servers. Something to consider is that those are VMs (Virtual Machines) so one physical server is hosting multiple paying customers. What you're seeing is a dashboard of the virtual resources 'assigned' to your account on that box. In other words what you see is an artificial abstraction. You are not seeing the actual load of a cpu like you would on your own normal windows box in task manager.

Bluefang appears to be intentionally failing to make that clear. Though I'd guess most game hosters do the same.

While every virtualization 'OS' I've used had the possiblity to reserve an entire CPU/s for a specific VM, BF says they're using their own stuff; likely just tweaked Open Source code, but if they were offering 'dedicated CPUs' I would expect them to clearly state so, and they don't. So, apparently, everyone on a box shares available resources, with no actual promise of X resources/performance.

From lower portion of this page (txt coloring is mine); https://www.bluefangsolutions.com/shop/7-days-to-die/

"High CPU Priority

All game server processes run on “Above Normal” CPU priority which gives all of our customers’ server processes higher priority than OS tasks already running on the machine. When you purchase “High CPU Priority” you are setting your game server process above everyone else’s process. Please keep in mind that other customer’s that purchase “High CPU Priority” will be in the same category as you on the machine. This option only adds performance where it can which is usually when the machine is closer to capacity and processing power is being distributed among a significant amount of processes. Only choose this option if money is not an issue."

delete
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:42 AM.

YES! the wife likes this version and is buying it to play together.
    she said after 20 years of playing her games to help her, it is only fair, and this version looks doable.

edit: damn it MM where is a steam sale when you want one!

Quote Originally Posted by Qytstorm View Post
    Hi everyone, is anyone else experiencing their backpack disappearing? It's happened to me twice. After I die, I go back to collect my backpack but it's no longer their. The first time I could see the back pack icon but couldn't find the actual backpack. It was in a house with multiple floors but I looked on all of them. The second time there wasn't an icon but I marked it with a save flag. Still nothing...
    I've heard a few reports of it happening... still an on going bug.

Vehicle Mod - Garage door opener

Please remember this for future as I think this would be an awesome mod for all vehicles to work with the powered garage doors (given you can make it work)! Thanks!

Loc