View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2423 of 2712 FirstFirst ... 1423192323232373241324212422242324242425243324732523 ... LastLast
Results 36,331 to 36,345 of 40678

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Refugee
    I know zombies AI donít strictly path to doors anymore. Iím still trying to figure out if they path to the weakest block or just the block closet to you. Sorry if it was in the patch notes lol

Hunter
    My new game rocks! Settled near a trader in the pine forest just near a nitrite node. Turns out that mine contains nitrate, coal and lead!
    Also got the gyrocopter accessoires schematic from the trader for completing tier 1 quest at the second day

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganeden View Post
    I'm confused as to why that couldn't be understood outside the metric system
    Assuming you're not trolling Ganeden ; it's because when they tried to convert America to Metric they touted, "It's easily divisible by 10!", so Gazz was making fun of the not uncommon American knee jerk reaction to "dividing by 10" being "Evaaaal!!".

If american auto makers hadn't basically been forced to adopt Metric due to non US part suppliers, well, you wouldn't be able to find a metric wrench in the states.
    Doubt it's been even ten years since Home Depot started selling plywood in millimeters. Again, foreign suppliers forcing it on us poor 'mericans!

Edit: and that's only the plywoods thickness, not the larger X n Y, which is still almost exclusively 4 by 8 _feet_

"This world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel..."

I'm laughing so hard I'm cryin...
    Last edited by FileMachete; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:25 AM.

I haven't seen this mentioned, but is anyone else seeing REALLY red desert sunsets, almost like a horde night? The forest biome seems fine, but the desert sunsets are way too overbearing.

(I never saw desert in my first playthough so I don't know if its been like this in all a18 or not.

I love the smooth transitions from day to night, and the sun coming up and the moving shadows when the load starts up.

Quote Originally Posted by FileMachete View Post
    Assuming you're not trolling Ganeden ; it's because when they tried to convert America to Metric they touted, "It's easily divisible by 10!", so Gazz was making fun of the not uncommon American knee jerk reaction to "dividing by 10" being "Evaaaal!!".

If american auto makers hadn't basically been forced to adopt Metric due to non US part suppliers, well, you wouldn't be able to find a metric wrench in the states.
    Doubt it's been even ten years since Home Depot started selling plywood in millimeters. Again, foreign suppliers forcing it on us poor 'mericans!

Edit: and that's only the plywoods thickness, not the larger X n Y, which is still almost exclusively 4 by 8 _feet_

"This world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel..."

I'm laughing so hard I'm cryin...
    Im only happy when everything is metric. Including the clocks.

man what I wouldnt give for a power wrench on those military trucks

Quote Originally Posted by Dadpool12a View Post
    Please don't take away the Jack o lanterns.

Though for Christmas I want Zombie Santa Claus that always drops a sack of goods. A Christmas tree and every trap from Home Alone for my BM base.

Few months away but wouldn't it be funny if the airdrop went from a plane to a santa sleigh and the drop was a red sack instead of a box. And hearing sleigh bells is a must.
    Last edited by Gamida; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:51 AM. Reason: Getting the F out... :)

It's too bad (but necessary) the RWG changed a bit and thus this seed will no longer be the way it used to be when A18 first came out. It's an awesome seed. (Seed: WhySoSerious) I just found a 5th trader, all within 1.5 km of my base; 3 are right next to each other.
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:17 PM.

hello im here to torture everyone!

hows everyone?

also i like news of getting blueprints from scraping workbench!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    It needs to say "something more useful", but I ran out of ideas so it ended up in the game for now. There is no point in crafting ore bundles unless we could sell them for a larger profit, I mean who runs out of storage space for ore with the generous stack sizes we have?

Mining perk book ideas anyone to replace the craft ore bundles thing?

Originally I wanted it to be like ammo bundles but then gazz pointed out the scrapping exploit.
    @Madmole: I hope you'll find the time to read this when you come back on-line...

1 __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Since modern miners should also be versed at using the Auger, I was thinking about something from this list (just brainstorming):
    - Bonus DPS with Auger
    - Less fuel consumption
    - Auto unlock the Auger crafting recipe
    - Chance for the auger to one-shot blocks

2 __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Another, completely different idea, is to give miners some additional protection (or immunity) from falling debris.

The explanation would be that they use their experience to better predict how stuff is going to crumble down on them. When I was younger I was in the Firefighters for one year (not as a pro) and they taught us basic stuff like going near support pillars in case of collapse and things like this... so I'd imagine miners would receive a similar training when going down into the mines.

Hope this helps. Kudos for A18!

Quote Originally Posted by Jost Amman View Post
    @Madmole: I hope you'll find the time to read this when you come back on-line...

1 __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Since modern miners should also be versed at using the Auger, I was thinking about something from this list (just brainstorming):
    - Bonus DPS with Auger
    - Less fuel consumption
    - Auto unlock the Auger crafting recipe
    - Chance for the auger to one-shot blocks

2 __________________________________________________ ___________________________
    Another, completely different idea, is to give miners some additional protection (or immunity) from falling debris.

The explanation would be that they use their experience to better predict how stuff is going to crumble down on them. When I was younger I was in the Firefighters for one year (not as a pro) and they taught us basic stuff like going near support pillars in case of collapse and things like this... so I'd imagine miners would receive a similar training when going down into the mines.

Hope this helps. Kudos for A18!
    i love these ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    Few months away but wouldn't it be funny if the airdrop went from a plane to a santa sleigh and the drop was a red sack instead of a box. And hearing sleigh bells is a must.
    +111

I GOT idea!

for the mining book!

reinforced forge!

you need around 50 steel , 1 crucible, 10 oil , 100 cement mix and 25 forged iron!

you get 4 more slots to smelt. so you get 6, smelts stuff faster and some things are reduce price.

but it causes a bit more noise then the primitive forge.

ill draw how it could look
    here it is
    forged.jpg
    Last edited by Adam the Waster; 3 Weeks Ago at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    I haven't seen this mentioned, but is anyone else seeing REALLY red desert sunsets, almost like a horde night? The forest biome seems fine, but the desert sunsets are way too overbearing.

(I never saw desert in my first playthough so I don't know if its been like this in all a18 or not.

I love the smooth transitions from day to night, and the sun coming up and the moving shadows when the load starts up.
    Yeahhh first time I saw the sun go down I thought wohhh that a blood moon incoming ?? But if no thunder no blood moon so I put it towards sand/red and bloom.

I love the sunsets and general skydome so much. If only the clouds etc. where 4K say then it be perfect. There a little banding going on at times I noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay_ombie View Post
    Yeahhh first time I saw the sun go down I thought wohhh that a blood moon incoming ?? But if no thunder no blood moon so I put it towards sand/red and bloom.
    for some reason my water on my map turns red when its around sun set

like blood red. it looks like a bunch of zombies were eaten by gators and infected the water.