0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: October

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1146 of 1603 FirstFirst ... 14664610461096113611441145114611471148115611961246 ... LastLast
Results 17,176 to 17,190 of 24044

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dimpy View Post
    Huh. So the more zombies you kill, the more loot you get.

Now what if instead of adding to a final loot room, killing zombies in a sleeper volume caused a loot container to appear. Or even better and harder to cheese, it could be made so that EVERY zombie has it's OWN loot container (is your mind blown yet?). This way will ensure that the player always gets a reward that is exactly proportional to the amount of effort they put in. Now if there were only a way give a fair reward to the players who go into the effort to eat glass...
    Then you are devaluing the POIs even further rather than increasing their value.

Players who seriously want to dumb down the game do have access to previous alpha builds without the dungeon-crawl POIs, where you can get all your xp and little loot bags from the zombies wandering the environment.
    Problem solved for that crew

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    LOL, I was never a fan of this mod, a bit too fantasy for me.
    Lol, some of these comments must be after the sun has gone down......

They do look like fun. I am doing the fist build and its just awesome. I think bats are way easier though, because of range. But stamina use is low on brawler so its pretty nice in that regard. I can usually just keep punching unless I get too power attack heavy and roll through 5 dudes no problem.
    ok so blunt weapons tier 3 is sweet, what about high end bladed weapon?

A POI could contain several locked boxes or hidden stashes. The area people go directly to for loot that is surrounded by zombies could be where you get the keys or where some switch exposes a hidden stash somewhere else among a few random locations in the POI. Your plan was only partially successful, because now you still have to crawl through the dungeon to get what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    A POI could contain several locked boxes or hidden stashes. The area people go directly to for loot that is surrounded by zombies could be where you get the keys or where some switch exposes a hidden stash somewhere else among a few random locations in the POI. Your plan was only partially successful, because now you still have to crawl through the dungeon to get what you are looking for.
    That could be a cool POI

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    Reversed the whole scenario! Interesting. Challenge here would be the T5 POIs - work your way to the top to get the keys so you can work your way back down to get the loot...some people may have an issue with this...

Quote Originally Posted by TSRViper View Post
    Reversed the whole scenario! Interesting. Challenge here would be the T5 POIs - work your way to the top to get the keys so you can work your way back down to get the loot...some people may have an issue with this...
    Yeah, maybe. If you really did work your way to where the keys/switch/whatever are then looking for the loot that was revealed or to be opened would be essentially non-risk. However, if you nerdpoled or cut through some way to get there, you are likely to have a hard time in your searching phase.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyseth View Post
    Then you are devaluing the POIs even further rather than increasing their value.

Players who seriously want to dumb down the game do have access to previous alpha builds without the dungeon-crawl POIs, where you can get all your xp and little loot bags from the zombies wandering the environment.
    Problem solved for that crew
    Okay, that post was supposed to be sarcastic. That being said, with the current spawn rates, replacing loot rooms with zombie loot wouldn't do anything to devalue POIs since zombies that don't exist within POIs are comparatively rare.

Okay, that post was supposed to be sarcastic. That being said, with the current spawn rates, replacing loot rooms with zombie loot wouldn't do anything to devalue POIs since zombies that don't exist within POIs are comparatively rare.
    Well, I see value behind what you are saying, and it's not a bad idea either. Loot was removed from zombies mainly because of horde night, chopping up tons of bodies for garbage loot. However, for me, it makes a lot more sense that sleeper POI zombies have loot on them as opposed to the zombies that have been wandering around in the wild for months.

Your post was taken entirely as sarcasm, but some people are actually interested in the discussion so you were given a valid response (with some additional sarcasm for your enjoyment).

You are entertaining the notion of tying all loot to zombie kills and not everyone wants to play that way. Stealth is a major feature of the game that would need to be addressed. Stealthing through a POI past all the zombies would have zero value without found loot.

Colony Founder
    I remember when MRE's were invented, I served from 84-92.
    Really? Which branch?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Do you have a jar of sand? This kraken is not to be messed with....
    Oh we are sooo messing with this Kraken Roland!

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    mine tells it like it is... i am caffeine'd all day everyday..
    Carbonated Prune Juice... (Check the Ingredients.)

Colony Founder
    There are no level requirements now for anything, so the unlocking is absolutely straight forward, you need INT ___
    Says the guy that loves to load a fridge with books and throw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    Imminent release of A18, CONFIRMED!!

Release the Kraken!
    Reanimate Hitler!
    Launch Smells Good!

Very wise to launch before schools starts, not this Friday, maybe next Friday!!
    I did the smells good already 50 pages ago. 😭

- - - Updated - - -

I need to shoot some video, its hilarious. I mean I make it look easy, but I'm spec'd up and have pink spiked knuckles.
    Hmm, madmole with pink spiked knuckles...🤔

Colony Founder
    73 MF's now, but its like whack a mole.
    Have fun! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-jaOfIHGko