View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2661 of 2733 FirstFirst ... 166121612561261126512659266026612662266326712711 ... LastLast
Results 39,901 to 39,915 of 40994

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by JCrook1028 View Post
    "Mining is a focused expedition". Maybe in your playstyle it is. Do you think we all play the same? Personally with the iron nodes being everywhere I chop them off the surface as I am out doing other things and rarely even have any need to dig down for more. I do have a mine location marked out close to base for when I start going deep but I am not going to run past those easy to grab chunks without grabbing em.
    So then, have you ever scraped iron ore?

If yes, wold you say the total number of iron ore you scraped in all your time playing 7D2D was a single digit number, two digits, three digits ... ?
    Last edited by meganoth; 11-06-2019 at 03:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Number 11 on steam charts and 89% positive reviews the last 30 days!
    Congratulations! You deserve it! (:

Quote Originally Posted by SMiThaYe View Post
    As a mad hoarder it does save inventory space, smelts faster, and we can use it right away. We've had raw iron in since A15 which isn't a big loss, if this small cut results in a leaner 7DTD that gives us more content through freeing up resources then who are we say otherwise - maybe adding in more PIOs between towns so that it isn't completely empty for a mile, or closing the distance to other towns, making 6K map the new default for performance reasons. There is certainly too many trees in the game, I'd cut back on the amount of plants in the wilderness again for performance reasons since they're everywhere.

I have a lot of respect for the direction of this game, sometimes it's like watching Bob Ross and saying he's ruined it, most of the time it turns out brilliantly and that was the reaction of A18. Encore une fois
    You would think more people would trust TFPs after how well received A18 has been in the fun department. I agree with you 100% As long we are getting awesome additions then the subtractions are worth it. People just want it all regardless of the cost. I am glad TFPs are the ones driving and not some of the extremist here on the forums. 😂

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollowprime View Post
    -Why we need to loot steel parts when we can craft iron tools and weapons just fine?
    this is the one thing I don't like about A18, by the time I had enough steel parts to craft a T5 anything, I ALSO had a t5 of that thing and often a couple t6's, Either raw parts need to be more common in loot, or Things need to cost less parts to craft. Like I literally had 2 pieces of t6 steel armor and the rest tier 5 before I had enough scrap parts to make some. and Sure I could have still made some for potentially better rolls, but the lack of stats displayed in crafting recipes means I had no idea what was a good or bad roll so what would be a waste to remake or not.

When it's a bad alpha, the reviews mean nothing... just haters who don't accept change. We can look at the lower number of people playing and the lack of video and stream views and claim it's right where it usually is. We then discuss how statistics are just numbers in the forum and argue against anyone who says otherwise.

When it's a good alpha, the reviews mean so much. A reflection of a job well done. We can look at the number of people playing and the number of people watching the videos and streams to further confirm this and all is good. We discuss the numbers and all their glory in the forum and how it proves the greatness of the game, while arguing against all those who say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hollowprime View Post
    I don't want to argue with people on the forums anymore, it's pointless.
    no its not!

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    When it's a bad alpha, the reviews mean nothing... just haters who don't accept change. We can look at the lower number of people playing and the lack of video and stream views and claim it's right where it usually is. We then discuss how statistics are just numbers in the forum and argue against anyone who says otherwise.

When it's a good alpha, the reviews mean so much. A reflection of a job well done. We can look at the number of people playing and the number of people watching the videos and streams to further confirm this and all is good. We discuss the numbers and all their glory in the forum and how it proves the greatness of the game, while arguing against all those who say otherwise.
    To be fair the stream and videos barely changed, Gamez was one of the only ones with any issues during 17, so that's not really the issue you're making it out to be.

Also people are WAAAYY more likely to leave reviews when they are butthurt than when they are actually happy. So a bunch of bad reviews mean a lot less than a bunch of good reviews
    Last edited by Eighmy_Lupin; 11-06-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrTod View Post
    @madmole

just a little question. when im picking the juniper tree (treejuniper4m) from creative menu and want to place it, no tree get placed...just an invisible block(i cant place another block on that same postion after placing. is this a bug with missing texture or did you guys just deleted this treeblock?

have a nice day
    It was an xml bug. I fixed it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Eighmy_Lupin View Post
    To be fair the stream and videos barely changed, Gamez was one of the only ones with any issues during 17, so that's not really the issue you're making it out to be.

Also people are WAAAYY more likely to leave reviews when they are butthurt than when they are actually happy. So a bunch of bad reviews mean a lot less than a bunch of good reviews
    OK barely, but still better and not worse.
    OK, people are prone to do that... now explain the lack of good reviews at the same time there are so many bad reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Just sitting on a roof for the night when a wandering horde came by..Doing the electric slide....1 out of the nine or so was moving their legs....the tank top guy. I thought all this was fixed??

FAATAL!!!!

Coughs * Airpot POI * Coughs
    I have a bug ticket for it. Probably Unity turning off animations as an optimization because they are too far or if you are playing as a client it could be network anim messages are not being sent/applied for whatever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareee View Post
    A crawler crawled towards me by my motorcycle and completely damaged it 100% in like 2 seconds.. and worse, it would not repair using repair kits.

I chalked it up to a bug and just replaced it. I'll use the broken one as a lawn decoration...lol! Thats why the game isn't gold yet.. $hit happens.
    I fixed that today. It turns out vehicles were getting bleeds and infections from zombie hits. At max infection the vehicle is set to 0 health, so repairs would be zeroed out.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I fixed that today. It turns out vehicles were getting bleeds and infections from zombie hits. At max infection the vehicle is set to 0 health, so repairs would be zeroed out.
    Lmao I had a chuckle at that one. Gotta love programming.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Yeah, was super popular strat in A17 and also still in A18 to a certain extent. It's the strat where the zombies climb up a tunnel then fall down and back up again over and over again. Watched g4k recent horde night and it seemed too good of a strat still. (Altho there was some zeds that burrowed underneath him)

https://youtu.be/WoTjgtySgmo

@ Faatal, is there a way for a zombie to not repeat the same path more then twice? I think that would be a good way for the design to still work but not be as effective without more active defense. I'm sure it's easier said then done...😂
    I have some experimental changes I'm working on that change AI unreachable side path handling.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Haha. My 4x4 was infected. I could never have figured out this Well done.

@faatal A18/A19 feature request: In my opinion, crawler zombies should be faster than the player when set to Nightmare speed.