Page 654 of 654 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654
Results 9,796 to 9,798 of 9798

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimpy View Post
    Since we have sticky arrows, I doesn't sound like it would be that hard to have pickaxes get stuck in zombies for a mod.

This is just rather funny. From a programming standpoint, the two are not even remotely similar.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    28 days/weeks later aren't zombie films by a long shot, they're disease outbreak films (known as the rage-virus throughout the films).

In the source material for I am legend the antagonists were better described as vampires.
    Sure but this is largely irrelevant to the actual point that was originally being presented as that was a dig at running zeds not being general lore. I think that there are more than enough examples of running zombies that this is a silly objection and would even say that the trend seems to favor faster zeds.

Personally I think that the 'traditional' shambling zed is one of the worst abortions of horror antagonists ever created. They just are not scary. Run into a zed - walk away. A horde, walk away briskly. Any antagonist that can be defeated with a loud radio surrounded with a few sharp sticks is an extremely lame antagonist. Now, running zeds is another story entirely - THAT is a foe.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    The 1954 book "I am legend" is the source of the material that the Will Smith Movie adapted. Personally I like the Charlton Heston version but the Vincent Price version also has some merit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Am_Legend_(novel)
    The book was better than all 3 movie versions, though they were more vampires than zombies. The Vincent Price movie is the closest to the book. The Will smith version missed the entire freaking point of the book.