0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: Sometime in 2019

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
Page 887 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 387787837877885886887888889897937987 ... LastLast
Results 13,291 to 13,305 of 17457

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    From 100-150 fullness you have max stamina of 100. When fullness is 99 max stamina is 99. When fullness is 98 max stamina is 98. And so on.

The stamina bar is your fullness bar when it actually matters and there really is zero detrimental effects if it dips below 100 so that if actually does drop to 75 when the orange icon appears you can eat to get it back to maximum again and if you didn’t notice the lower amount of available stamina anyway then there really was no harm in letting it drop that far.

When I look at the blue stamina bar I think of it as my hunger and that is why I never need to check any other screen because it literally is my hunger.

If they put a hunger bar on the screen it would literally match and be redundant to the max stamina bar for the values of 0 - 100.

I understood the need and desire for some to mod in the hunger bar before we got this new system because the only way to track it was through the pop outs but now hunger is literally on the screen at all times.

Note: the above was for start of game values. If your max stamina is later 120 then from 120-170 you are at max stamina and then when it drops to 119 your fullness is also 119 etc.
    Ok, I will agree to this one, I did finally get used to noticing my hunger via the blue stamina bar. So it is good enough, still confusing for noobs, but not all that bad. Passable, and much better than before when there was no indication at all.

Thirst though, which is the one that still gets me all the time. I get the thirst warning way too often before I think to drink, be nice to know ahead of time, or see where I'm at more readily. That one is not well implemented, not as well as hunger is. So I would consider this issue half solved, personally.

Tracker
    joel about adding the empty can recipe you aren't trolling me are you?

if you did add i would be truly greatful

Quote Originally Posted by Callum123456789 View Post
    joel about adding the empty can recipe you aren't trolling me are you?

if you did add i would be truly greatful
    Just a quick aside Callum, you could add a recipe for a can into the recipes.xml file in like no time at all.

<recipe name="emptyCan" count="1">
    <ingredient name="scrapIron" count="1"/>
    </recipe>

Tracker
    I mean as in online because the only ways I can obtain one is through eating canned food most servers I play have 100% lot so not very coomon and by finding them but most are looted so I was wondering why can we make forged steel and not a simple empty can for like 1 forged iron

I mean with all the high tech equipment we can craft surely our character knows how to crat an empty can but I could be wrong it may sound like a useless suggestion but its a quality of life improvment
    Last edited by Callum123456789; 3 Weeks Ago at 07:44 AM.

And it’s in. Madmole answered and granted his request faster than even Callum can count to 10....

Tracker
    you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    And it’s in. Madmole answered and granted his request faster than even Callum can count to 10....
    the fun pimps are the gods I will offer my soul to you

Tracker
    I mean as in online because the only ways I can obtain one is through eating canned food most servers I play have 100% lot so not very coomon and by finding them but most are looted so I was wondering why can we make forged steel and not a simple empty can for like 1 forged iron

I mean with all the high tech equipment we can craft surely our character knows how to crat an empty can but I could be wrong it may sound like a useless suggestion but its a quality of life improvment
    Can-making is a craft though, our modern ones have come quite a long way. You should look at old, hand-made cans
    I agree that someone who can craft a marksman rifle should be able to make a decent can as well though,
    And let me cook eggs right in the pot

you serious?

- - - Updated - - -

the fun pimps are the gods I will offer my soul to you
    Im serious if Madmole was serious. Did you miss his reply to you?

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Done.
    That was for you. He quoted your post requesting being able to craft cans and even defended it after someone else was against it. He countered the guy by saying there are millions of reasons to explore that can crafting won’t ruin.

You da man. Take a victory lap.

Tracker
    I have one more suggestion now— not saying it has to be added—but maybe like a iron reinforced spear? like a upgrade from the stone may cost more iron due to having longer reach than the iron club like 15 wood 150 iron or 200 iron and 1 or 2 pieces of cloth for the holding part its a good concept for it

[

- - - Updated - - -

also thank you good sir @ roland and joel

I have one more suggestion now— not saying it has to be added—but maybe like a iron reinforced spear? like a upgrade from the stone may cost more iron due to having longer reach than the iron club like 15 wood 150 iron or 200 iron and 1 or 2 pieces of cloth for the holding part its a good concept for it

[

- - - Updated - - -

also thank you good sir
    That is already how it woks and in fact there are wood Spears, iron spears, and steel spears all with progressively tougher recipes.

Tracker
    also by the way content lock? does that mean that there wont be any major or much content updates till it goes gold?

sorry if im posting a bit to much I will stop for a while because I don't wanna get any trouble for to much spam
    Last edited by Callum123456789; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:12 AM.

No. Just no additional content that could risk new MF bugs to the build for A18. There is usually a content lock before each Alpha is released. So there will be another content lock in the future before A19 gets released.

Tracker
    thanks for info appreciated you guys have created one of the best survival games ever I haven't played anything else apart from this in 2 weeks believe it or not lol

thanks for info appreciated you guys have created one of the best survival games ever I haven't played anything else apart from this in 2 weeks believe it or not lol
    No problem. We’re here for you. YOU don’t believe I’m a bot.....right....?

Tracker
    a bot course not

- - - Updated - - -

why would I think you are a bot?