View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 2434 of 2733 FirstFirst ... 1434193423342384242424322433243424352436244424842534 ... LastLast
Results 36,496 to 36,510 of 40994

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

And finally here is the low profile entrance to my shale mine. I even left the CM'd in tablesaw there to remind me. I did end up losing the OG node in a cave-in, sand sucks so bad at SI.

Attachment 30022

That top see-thru roof is a great place to place my junk turret, works well.

Attachment 30023

Attachment 30024

This mine isn't very huge yet, but with all the gas I just burnt I know where I'll be for the rest of the day. Stopping here last worked out well...

I'll get a few pics of my actual base in a bit. It's one of my alltime favs. Built my BM tower right across the street, which, well, you'll see... later...

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanimal View Post
    I call this one "The Great Ovarian Mine", because the building I made around the 2 nodes of nitrate reminded me of ovaries..
    Attachment 30016
    LOL, and

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    LOL, and
    It just ended up that way, I swear, I will however accept your judgmental rodent stare down. I deserve that.

Am I missing something or is there a better way to get parts. example I want to make Steel tools and need 15 parts per item. so far I can only find the parts by scraping other steel tools.

Ranger
    A big hats off to you Mechanical! Very impressive. I don’t understand how you have time to beautify your mines though. I’m so stressed trying to find the time to mine, get brass, get food & scavenge that everything is barren. I may be trying to convince my party members to agree to switch to 90 minute days. There just doesn’t seem to be enough time.

Three of us did Day 21 BM last night and it was 50% radiated, 25% cops. We lived but with that mixture of zombies, I’m really concerned about Day 28. Two of the three of us haven’t died yet so I’m sure our combined gamestage is pretty high though I honestly didn’t check...not enough time. We went thru all our ammo so I was punching the last of the horde at 4am. Loads of fun but lots to do the next 7 days.

It just ended up that way, I swear, I will however accept your judgmental rodent stare down. I deserve that.

My best advice for mining is:

1: Make sure you have lots of wood on you for catwalks and logs.

2: Clear the sand from around the ore. Makes a HUGE difference visually.

That's it, crank out logs and catwalks as needed, place as you go, and you'll end up with some rly neat mines by default.
    Last edited by Mechanimal; 10-22-2019 at 08:26 PM.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    (OP this is not aimed at you but at the perma degradation guys )There is a nasty horde coming, do you guys even play the game or do you just sit around and arm chair designer ideas all day that you think sound fun, but in reality there is so much to do and not enough time to do it, I feel it would be an injustice to most players to shaft them with some lengthy repair/degradation mini game. I just want to loot, mine, trade, build an epic base and do some quests, and try to solve the puzzle of not getting rekt by a horde. I don't want a complicated repair /degradation system we JUST streamlined it FFS.

Honestly, I'm not sure anyone really thinks item degradation would be fun. I think people are trying to find ways to make crafting relevant again. Because right now crafting has been drastically marginalized. I'm trying to keep an open mind on the subject, since so far you guys have nailed it with A18, I mean really, fantastic update so far... but I do hope crafting gets a little love.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    Am I missing something or is there a better way to get parts. example I want to make Steel tools and need 15 parts per item. so far I can only find the parts by scraping other steel tools.
    Thats pretty much it. I've seen parts at the trader (though not steel tool parts yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Star69 View Post
    A big hats off to you Mechanical! Very impressive. I don’t understand how you have time to beautify your mines though. I’m so stressed trying to find the time to mine, get brass, get food & scavenge that everything is barren. I may be trying to convince my party members to agree to switch to 90 minute days. There just doesn’t seem to be enough time.

Three of us did Day 21 BM last night and it was 50% radiated, 25% cops. We lived but with that mixture of zombies, I’m really concerned about Day 28. Two of the three of us haven’t died yet so I’m sure our combined gamestage is pretty high though I honestly didn’t check...not enough time. We went thru all our ammo so I was punching the last of the horde at 4am. Loads of fun but lots to do the next 7 days.
    Oh I do 120 minute days, F that short day noise, I can't play that way anymore. The days are just way too short and I don't have the time to enjoy building, which is my fav part of the game. I can deal otherwise if playing in MP though, those games are different than my SP games.

^ Same.

Oh I do 120 minute days, F that short day noise, I can't play that way anymore. The days are just way too short and I don't have the time to enjoy building, which is my fav part of the game. I can deal otherwise if playing in MP though, those games are different than my SP games.
    Yeah I feel the same way about 60 minutes day cycle, not enough time to build the classic little town that I build for me and my wife every time we start a new world.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalen View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure anyone really thinks item degradation would be fun. I think people are trying to find ways to make crafting relevant again. Because right now crafting has been drastically marginalized. I'm trying to keep an open mind on the subject, since so far you guys have nailed it with A18, I mean really, fantastic update so far... but I do hope crafting gets a little love.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats pretty much it. I've seen parts at the trader (though not steel tool parts yet)
    That plus its just once you get your end game gear thats it. It lasts forevor and why loot when at most what you find is 1 point better then what you already have or worse?

Granted i'm waiting for next patch which hopefully balances the loot a bit more. That being said A18 is fantastic. The best alpha to date IMO and a TON of fun. It's just down to the polish and small stuff now which is hard because you have to balance it for the veterans and the new alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    Yeah I feel the same way about 60 minutes day cycle, not enough time to build the classic little town that I build for me and my wife every time we start a new world.
    Nice, sounds fun. Yeah I get it. Is hard to go back to 60 min days once you get used to twice that. I get to do like one thing a day and it gets dark, is just too fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    Once in a while you might find parts in loot, but not many and they are usually along with other kinds of parts. You are more likely to find whole items to scrap. I prefer it this way because if the loot tables had more parts, it would mean less chances of whole items with good random stats.

Well whatya know, dayum. So, I go back, start mining some shale, and looky looky...

20191022163143_1.jpg

Opened up a hole in the shale to reveal not one but two other nodes. Both Iron and nitrate. This may turn into my new fav mine...
    Last edited by Mechanimal; 10-22-2019 at 08:38 PM.