View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1951 of 2722 FirstFirst ... 9511451185119011941194919501951195219531961200120512451 ... LastLast
Results 29,251 to 29,265 of 40817

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Think of it as sharpening it up and it snaps because of some trauma and what not. Think of it as a fine craftsman discards a twisted 2x4 in favor of a nice perfect one. Think of those 5 meats as cutting out some rotten flesh to get one decent steak.

At the end of the day, just stop thinking and play the game. Skyrim says I need 2 ingots to make a dagger but three to make a pair of boots. I don't question it, I just do it. Its all for the sake of harvest scaling.
    Why not turn meat to "pieces of meat" and bones to "pieces of bone"?

Also, happy birthday MadMole! How symbolic to get your best Alpha out on the same day.

New page gang here

Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    I would, but already prepping for the release and time is short.
    *moving a big wooden table*

p.s. keep me a seat
    Oh no worries.. I've kept a seat for you. Right here at the door. I've tucked it nice and smooth underneath the door-handle. So you know.. We can't be disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Damocles View Post
    I a stream I saw a turret singlehandedly taking out several (basic) zombies, while the player can just stand back and wait. So its not that weak.
    If it could only attack in a 90 degree angle, it would have to be placed more tactically at least.

If its too powerful and convenient, it could quickly turn into a standard combat item, making other approaches to fighting less effective.
    The games combat would get one-sided then.
    It is not like it turns 360 degrees

i suggest you wait until you actually get one in YOUR hands before you talk about nerfing something

i watched players get rekt by a zombie or 2 trying to use them you know TFP will not ever give us something major OP i actually thought they where very wimpy in many situations

Reconstructionist
    Just watch it.. https://youtu.be/cqM1pNcup14?t=419 Specially TFP team and enjoy.

Colony Founder
    I a stream I saw a turret singlehandedly taking out several (basic) zombies, while the player can just stand back and wait. So its not that weak.
    If it could only attack in a 90 degree angle, it would have to be placed more tactically at least.

If its too powerful and convenient, it could quickly turn into a standard combat item, making other approaches to fighting less effective.
    Think the durability needs to go down faster when not holding it. While holding it it goes down every 2 shots or something and when placed down it doesn't go down that much at all if any. Probably a bug. That would help it from being to OP and I also think it should at the very least use a battery to work when placed down. That red light wouldn't run forever.

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Observation, turrets are op.

...the fact they require so many perk points to make is made moot by their frequency in the loot tables and cost at the trader's.

That is all.

Good night.
    I agree that the new weapons are to frequent in loot, especially the junk turret. That should be a very rare drop because of how strong it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Hah!
    You try to play on a modded Ark server and you can easily end up with a "game size" of 300 or 400 GB to DL.
    300 to 400 GB !!! Dayum, ok. Had no idea. I mean, dinosaurs ARE big and all, but dayum.

junk turrets are already of very limited use:
    -you can only use 1 at a time, other placed ones get active or inactive depending on the range you have to them (up to 2 if the skill is at 5)
    -They have limited ammo capacity
    -you have to manually reload (pick them up and place again)
    -they do fire only in a 120 degree

So they will help covering your back while you do looting/mining, but they cannot stop a wandering horde.

Ranger
    Else everyone and their cat will play the game by picking up and placing the turrets constantly.
    So you have a problem with people and there cats playing the game ?

On a more serious note, Madmole is ok with the turrets so i do not think they are that op. If you do not like the turrets do not use them. Let the rest of us decide how we want to play the game for our selves.

Colony Founder
    As far as I have seen, the angle at which the weapon attacks is already limited to 90 or 120 maximum. In any case, no zombies are attacked behind or to the side of the turret.

Let's be honest about this. With all the firearms in the game, combat is already very one-sided. The only thing to worry about is how much ammo you have. The rest is just run and gun. As long as you have an escape route, you are virtually invincible with a firearm. You only die when you get careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Neill View Post
    junk turrets are already of very limited use:
    -you can only use 1 at a time, other placed ones get active or inactive depending on the range you have to them (up to 2 if the skill is at 5)
    -They have limited ammo capacity
    -you have to manually reload (pick them up and place again)
    -they do fire only in a 120 degree

So they will help covering your back while you do looting/mining, but they cannot stop a wandering horde.
    That is the idea, they live up for their name

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Oh no worries.. I've kept a seat for you. Right here at the door. I've tucked it nice and smooth underneath the door-handle. So you know.. We can't be disturbed.
    Fantastic, I`ll get the pre-warmed beer

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecolours View Post
    I agree that the new weapons are to frequent in loot, especially the junk turret. That should be a very rare drop because of how strong it is.
    I suspect that for the streamer event the loot chances were turned up so that they can show something.

Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    That is the idea, they live up for their name
    I like them a lot, they are ideal for a support role character. Thats my usual play style in most games.
    They are also useful by alerting you that some enemy is sneaking up behind you, if you are digging or mining.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    As far as I have seen, the angle at which the weapon attacks is already limited to 90 or 120 maximum. In any case, no zombies are attacked behind or to the side of the turret.

Let's be honest about this. With all the firearms in the game, combat is already very one-sided. The only thing to worry about is how much ammo you have. The rest is just run and gun. As long as you have an escape route, you are virtually invincible with a firearm. You only die when you get careless.
    With a gun you need to fight actively (aim, shoot). Whereas a turret runs automatically for a specific time, like an invincible NPC you can spawn in.