View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1102 of 2733 FirstFirst ... 1026021002105210921100110111021103110411121152120216022102 ... LastLast
Results 16,516 to 16,530 of 40994

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #16516
    Colony Founder ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,468
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    You also store canned food in your kitchen cabinets? That makes two of us. Lol I do it for RP purposes though.

    - - - Updated - - -



    You... don't know? You can make oil with empty cans and oil shale in a chemistry station.
    Ohhhhh....naw I never really bothered with shale in A17 as I never really used vehicles due to bugs making them vanish. Plus shale provided waaaaaaay to much fuel and it felt like cheating. I like a challenge.
    Thanks man.

  2. #16517
    Colony Founder MechanicalLens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Afterdeath
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Ohhhhh....naw I never really bothered with shale in A17 as I never really used vehicles due to bugs making them vanish. Plus shale provided waaaaaaay to much fuel and it felt like cheating. I like a challenge.
    Thanks man.
    You'll want to invest in oil shale in A18; gas is getting a nerf (and oil shale as well anyway). Also, vehicles don't tend to disappear on player-made blocks.

  3. #16518
    Tracker Jost Amman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    238
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Country road, bring me home... to the place I belong!

  4. #16519
    Colony Founder ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,468
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    oh my......look at those roads! Beautiful now, gone are the days of straight roads.

    EDIT: Desert biom is my favorite and I'm loving all the changes you have made to it! Its so much more aesthetically pleasing and more realistic.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 08-20-2019 at 12:24 PM.

  5. #16520
    Colony Founder MechanicalLens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Afterdeath
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    oh my......look at those roads! Beautiful now, gone are the days of straight roads.
    Shhh. You'll insult the ancient Romans.

  6. #16521
    Hunter Fren's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Holland
    Posts
    134
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    I only play singleplayer myself but I have read comments from players on multiplayer servers that there is a lack of meat. I also read that there are servers on which you have the possibility to spawn an animal via the command line.
    Every admin of the server can do that correct. So far we don't spawn animals or zombies. I don't play PVP, somethimes on Single player and now and then I check other servers or try a mod for our small group. Though there are barns/houses which have snakes and boars in it. Don't know for sure if they respawn but there are quests as well which sends u in those buildings.


    That's only half the change that madmole mentioned. The canned food supposedly doesn't give you food poisoning anymore.

    That's where I see the problem. You have to put points in the perks to be able to grow food and cook.
    The cans, on the other hand, can be found on the first day.

    Why should I invest points in Master Chef and Living of the Land if I can find the best food in the game on day 1 ?
    Perhaps canfood only give u a few points, while meat gives u more stamina and perhaps health? Dunno... have to wait and see what is going to change. We will adapt and (try to) survive

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    Not to sound snide, but what would you rather carry around with you? 10 bacon and eggs, or 30 canned food? Just saying...
    Where did the time go that u could do that and zombies just smelled ur bacon and eggs or grilled meat and came right for u

  7. #16522
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    589
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kage848 View Post
    As for #wiregate

    I'd say make them hidden unless your holding a wiretool. They serve no purpose, except pvp.

    Now do I care about pvp? Hell no. Making decisions based on pvp gameplay makes kage very mad. Do I expect pvp players to care what I think? Of course not. Just making my argument based on my personal gameplay.

    If they leave it alone im ok with it though, with one exception. If wires are adding to lag they 100% should be hidden, pvp or no pvp.

    If lag is not an issue I say hide them anyway but of they dont, no biggy.
    How they help in PVP ? to track the light source to know of automatic weapons ? I don't see it been useful in PVP .. maybe I am not envisioning it properly.

  8. #16523
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    589
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post



    That's only half the change that madmole mentioned. The canned food supposedly doesn't give you food poisoning anymore.

    That's where I see the problem. You have to put points in the perks to be able to grow food and cook.
    The cans, on the other hand, can be found on the first day.

    Why should I invest points in Master Chef and Living of the Land if I can find the best food in the game on day 1 ?
    I am pretty sure you won't find enough can food for mid or late game. We currently get stock of it as we start cooking. It won't fill up, when you have 150 hit points etc.

    And canned food do not improve max stamina now, and seems it won't in A18 too.

    Also Chance on cooked food is going to be pretty low like 5% so you won't actually get hit by it every second time you eat it. But you have to make sure to have some backup food with you, when you eat cooked food.
    Last edited by archergod; 08-20-2019 at 12:50 PM.

  9. #16524
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    520
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    i have eaten c-rations dated for vietnam ordeal.... when i was in the miltary 76-83 the only thing i dont play around with is dairy products and meat once opened... 3 days MAX in cold fridge.
    That's when it was mostly canned foods, and just a few dehydrated things. (the pudding) pre-cooked bacon in a can, salted (really, really salted) butter from australia (you can imagine the nickname it got)..

    Hershey bars that had crystallized .. those long plastic spoons though (for the pudding), fantastic catapults. Still have a few.


    To this day, I cannot eat canned corned beef hash. I think I got a bad can of that back in the 70s.

    Currently I get rid of the canned stuff that doesn't have a recipe once I can cook enough things.
    I've HAD food poisoning, I don't want or need it in a game.
    (so yes, I'll mod that out of cooked stuff, or grab the perks asap. have to see)

    I'd rather have the canned stuff still have a chance to poison you, but not what you make.
    Incentive to hunt/farm things, rather than just get cans.

    Oh, MM: have the airdrops been fixed to NOT be mostly tinned food?

  10. #16525
    Colony Founder ZombieSurvivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    1,468
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianbluebeer View Post
    <snip>
    Look who it is, doubt you remember me at all. I believe we spoke a few times back when I was a moderator for the 7 Days to Die Q&A Testers Discord channel. Anyways nice to see you again.
    Last edited by ZombieSurvivor; 08-20-2019 at 01:03 PM.

  11. #16526
    QA Tester unholyjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    south central U.S. in Arkansas
    Posts
    2,805
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianbluebeer View Post
    That's when it was mostly canned foods, and just a few dehydrated things. (the pudding) pre-cooked bacon in a can, salted (really, really salted) butter from australia (you can imagine the nickname it got)..

    Hershey bars that had crystallized .. those long plastic spoons though (for the pudding), fantastic catapults. Still have a few.


    To this day, I cannot eat canned corned beef hash. I think I got a bad can of that back in the 70s.

    Currently I get rid of the canned stuff that doesn't have a recipe once I can cook enough things.
    I've HAD food poisoning, I don't want or need it in a game.
    (so yes, I'll mod that out of cooked stuff, or grab the perks asap. have to see)

    I'd rather have the canned stuff still have a chance to poison you, but not what you make.
    Incentive to hunt/farm things, rather than just get cans.

    Oh, MM: have the airdrops been fixed to NOT be mostly tinned food?
    i can actually say its (airdrops) are not inadvertently yielding more food now.

    so for me it appears to be evened out and better... i was actually just selling the canned food for a while. now i need it to help curb the appetite.

  12. #16527
    Colony Founder MechanicalLens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    The Afterdeath
    Posts
    1,269
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    And canned food do not improve max stamina now, and seems it won't in A18 too.
    What are you talking about? Food and stamina are in the same exact pool in A17. Of course canned food fills up your max stamina, otherwise it would be completely useless.

  13. #16528
    Stream Team Kage848's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    759
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    How they help in PVP ? to track the light source to know of automatic weapons ? I don't see it been useful in PVP .. maybe I am not envisioning it properly.
    I guess if you find the wires you can find the generator and take it out easier?

  14. #16529
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    I am pretty sure you won't find enough can food for mid or late game. We currently get stock of it as we start cooking. It won't fill up, when you have 150 hit points etc.
    As soon as I start cooking and my garden produces enough food, I always scrap the canned food to save inventory space.

    And canned food do not improve max stamina now, and seems it won't in A18 too.
    I think you're confusing that with the old wellness system. Canned food didn't give wellness back then. That was the disadvantage of canned food in this system.

    The disadvantage of canned food in A17 is that you can get food poisoning. As for the rest, canned food is not much different from self-made food.

    Also Chance on cooked food is going to be pretty low like 5% so you won't actually get hit by it every second time you eat it. But you have to make sure to have some backup food with you, when you eat cooked food.
    5% means you get sick every 20 meals on average.

    If food poisoning in A18 is still the same as in A17 then it is not enough to carry replacement food with you.

  15. #16530
    Inventor Bubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    985
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Looks great!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •