View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1563 of 2733 FirstFirst ... 56310631463151315531561156215631564156515731613166320632563 ... LastLast
Results 23,431 to 23,445 of 40994

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Good luck with that, you get xp for mining, looting, scavenging, upgrading. You can minimize zombie killing but to what end? You might as well turn down the xp rate and kill all you want.
    You could troll your players looking to minimize game stage by providing passive XP income :P

Supposedly that is fixed, yet to really test it heavy though.
    fingers crossed for it working properly, thx

Quote Originally Posted by madmole
    Maybe if it got open but wasn't completely broke would be cool. I'd hate to lose a vault door due to random bs, but it popping open letting a few in rarely if its lower health could be fun.
    And it would also look better/add to immersion if a broken door would swing open instead of just disappear completely.
    If I then may kindly suggest to put it onto the "might give it a try" list for A19 then, thx again.

Quote Originally Posted by meilodasreh View Post
    And it would also look better/add to immersion if a broken door would swing open instead of just disappear completely. If I then may kindly suggest to put it onto the "might give it a try" list for A19 then, thx again.
    I was thinking the same thing, actually. Having a chance for the zombies to bust open a vault when it's on low/very low health would be rather exhilarating. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    No, it's called a double-cheese. Gamestage gets lower because of death reseting daysalive and additionally does not advance because your level doesn't increase.
    Just like IRL there is a cost to Extra Cheese.

You don't get all the cool toys. Up to you...

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, actually. Having a chance for the zombies to bust open a vault when it's on low/very low health would be rather exhilarating. ^^
    Actually would be nice to have for all doors, think some mods already have it where you break a door into an opened state. It could be chance based, what gives in first, the lock/hinges or the actual door.

Quote Originally Posted by Trankitas View Post
    Can someone link me madmole's video where he drops his bow? thanks.
    This is the exact moment... :-]
    https://youtu.be/h5IT92GlEH8?t=2524

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    Yes. Let it bust open somewhat between the last 100-0 hitpoints. When it's completely destroyed (zero HP) it may completely vanish to oblivion, wouldn't even be recognized cause of the Z-horde flooding into the room.

Go back to alpha something, thats how it was back in the old days. A certain horde day was nastiest.
    I forget which Alpha it was.been playing since A5-6..but I would make a base in a city and have a 2 hour firefight keeping the zombies out. We used pretty much every bullet, arrow and whatever we could do to stop them...endless waves ....The good old days!!

Coughs * Release the Kraken * Coughs

that was the day 49 horde

Quote Originally Posted by meilodasreh View Post
    You obviously mean by not killing yourself...i keep cheesing the whole game using that exploit.
    Anyone can cheese and exploit most games.

Heck, TFP let you cheat and if that's what you call fun, do it.

Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    I forget which Alpha it was.been playing since A5-6..but I would make a base in a city and have a 2 hour firefight keeping the zombies out. We used pretty much every bullet, arrow and whatever we could do to stop them...endless waves ....The good old days!!

Coughs * Release the Kraken * Coughs
    I enjoyed that feature as well as it made 0,0 very difficult and almost impossible to setup a base in unless you brought in a team with alot of preparations.

However, one of the draw backs with it is you could run through an entire city to max out the max alive limit and then ditch them to stop the zed spawn in POIs.

0,0 could be ground zero for a dirty bomb. Irradiated and with the strongest enemies. Never ending spawns, but has the rarest loot. A no man's land.

Only the strongest players could go in and survive. Would be another late game goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Just like IRL there is a cost to Extra Cheese.

You don't get all the cool toys. Up to you...
    Or we could stick to adding cheese to where it belongs, like in burgers, omelets, salads etc, and finally have it removed from this game by changing the GS formula and that cheesy scaling.

I think an interesting main quest option would be that you spawn at the very edge of the map and have to make it to the center (or spawn in one corner and have to make it to the diagonal corner), while the difficulty increases the closer you get to the quest location. Surrounding the location there would be city in the wasteland biome and an irradiated zone in the center of that which requires a full hazard suit to survive. There would be a big, unique POI full of irradiated ferals, but if you complete it you finish the main quest, and get a sweet perk and some epic loot.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by ExeBT View Post
    @Madmole We will be able to see character legs again one day? i dont like to feel floating
    Nope.
    Wasn't this the plan at one time, that we'd be able to see more of our character in first person? I know there's not many games that do it currently (SCUM, Conan Exiles, Elite: Dangerous to a degree), but I know it's something that seems to be coming up more from people with the growing popularity of VR.