View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1879 of 2733 FirstFirst ... 8791379177918291869187718781879188018811889192919792379 ... LastLast
Results 28,171 to 28,185 of 40994

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

i hate CAMELS! - Professional Camel puncher!
    Quote Originally Posted by restinpieces View Post
    first of all - when exactly did i go crazy? And since when is feedback considered as complaining? Always kept an open mind - with wellness, with lbd etc, and suggested that one should try out the new systems first. However, this has nothing to do with open-mindedness or anything - it is the simple fact that zombies are slower than the player. No need for playtesting for something such as this, especially when one has spent so many hours into the game.
    enough!!!!!!!

ALL OF YOU!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Waster View Post
    enough!!!!!!!
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    First of all - when exactly did I go crazy? And since when is feedback considered as complaining? Always kept an open mind - with wellness, with LBD etc, and suggested that one should try out the new systems first. However, this has nothing to do with open-mindedness or anything - it is the simple fact that zombies are slower than the player. No need for playtesting for something such as this, especially when one has spent so many hours into the game.
    So are u saying that u feel the zombies on the fastest setting should not be slower than the player?

Reconstructionist
    Is it just me, or is there little point in having 4 different speed settings, and none of them making zombies faster than the player? It's flabbergasting, really.

Yes, in entityclasses. Don't want to increase the base speed though. It's only the nightmare speed multiplier that I want to increase - got any idea of how to do that?

Also Roland come out of your cave and chime in on this too instead of making bingo complaint boards
    This was your first recent post on this subject. MM has said multiple times over the past couple of weeks that TFP wants to have the option of a faster speed but is limited by the current implementation. Itís unclear from Fataalís post whether or not the issue referenced by MM has been resolved. Regardless, a faster speed was not possible before and may be possible now. Rather than getting all huffy about this why not give TFP a little time since Fataal just made the change.

Quote Originally Posted by AlabasterW View Post
    I believe Madmole said in an earlier post that Nerdy Glasses now just give +10% EXP gain and +1 INT; no crafting tier upgrade anymore.
    That's what I recall as well; I don't know how they changed stat costs, so it may be still quite a powerful item. (Cigar, for example, saved you from spending 5 points on STR 10 in A17 to get final tier perks)

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    So are u saying that u feel the zombies on the fastest setting should not be slower than the player?

lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Genosis View Post
    That's what I recall as well; I don't know how they changed stat costs, so it may be still quite a powerful item. (Cigar, for example, saved you from spending 5 points on STR 10 in A17 to get final tier perks)
    i dont remember i have the brain span of a rock!

Sorry, but that's nonsense. It's not about any new/complex mechanics like the A17 health/stamina degradation that replaced wellness which you had to experience to exactly know how it works in order to give proper feedback. It's about whether zombies are faster than the player or not - and no, playtime feedback is not required for such a thing, especially considering that I didn't start the game yesterday.

And rage is irrelevant, simply because I am talking about whether the player can run away from zombies. So since I always take words at face value, according to faatal, they are only "about as fast" with rage - so still quite slower at their default nightmare speed. And to suggest that I need to experience this, in order to gauge how it will play out, is just silly.
    What's silly and borderline rude is to reply as you did to a post that essentially said, "We've started working on it and solved one of the major problems"

Dev: We've solved one of the problems and are working on it.

Good Reply: Sounds great...can't wait until nightmare speed is actually faster than player speed if that is still the goal. Is that still the ultimate goal?

You're kind of acting like what they are releasing is the intended end product but faatal specifically said they are still working on it. They don't exceed player speed....yet. Maybe your tone came across incorrectly through the text.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmic Kerman View Post
    This was your first recent post on this subject. MM has said multiple times over the past couple of weeks that TFP wants to have the option of a faster speed but is limited by the current implementation. Itís unclear from Fataalís post whether or not the issue referenced by MM has been resolved. Regardless, a faster speed was not possible before and may be possible now. Rather than getting all huffy about this why not give TFP a little time since Fataal just made the change.
    So any kind of disagreement/discontent equals to "getting all huffy"? Depends what you mean by recent. Already said - the animations have to be synced with the speed so that zombies don't slide etc - the point is choosing that speed. According faatal's words the zombie default speed they chose is still slower than the player's speed. And what I am saying is... bah, the following:

Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Yes SnowDog, I would say that's pretty accurate.

Yes SnowDog, I would say that's pretty accurate.
    ... and without double entendre.

This means someone hacked SnowDogs account.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    What's silly and borderline rude is to reply as you did to a post that essentially said, "We've started working on it and solved one of the major problems"

Dev: We've solved one of the problems and are working on it.

Good Reply: Sounds great...can't wait until nightmare speed is actually faster than player speed if that is still the goal. Is that still the ultimate goal?

You're kind of acting like what they are releasing is the intended end product but faatal specifically said they are still working on it. They don't exceed player speed....yet. Maybe your tone came across incorrectly through the text.
    What you are doing is outright rude Roland. You are twisting the context for starters. That which you quoted was my reply to you, not faatal. And that was because you tried to dismiss the subject, calling me reactionary and saying that the "patchnote feedback" is inappropriate because zombies being slower or faster needs playtesting. It just doesn't - there is nothing to playtest in this case. You would be correct in most other occasions, but definitely not here. We agreed a few times in the past on this subject - what exactly changed since then if zombies are still slower than the player to warrant playtesting?

The point is - if faatal is working on syncing animations with speed, he has to use a reference speed to do that - which in this case seems to be slower than the player (no rage). Replied that I think it should be faster than the player without raging and explained why giving my feedback as I always do.

What you are doing is outright rude Roland. You are twisting the context for starters. That which you quoted was my reply to you, not faatal. And that was because you tried to dismiss the subject, calling me reactionary and saying that the "patchnote feedback" is inappropriate because zombies being slower or faster needs playtesting. It just doesn't - there is nothing to playtest in this case. You would be correct in most other occasions, but definitely not here. We agreed a few times in the past on this subject - what exactly changed since then if zombies are still slower than the player to warrant playtesting?

The point is - if faatal is working on syncing animations with speed, he has to use a reference speed to do that - which in this case seems to be slower than the player (no rage). Replied that I think it should be faster than the player without raging and explained why giving my feedback as I always do.
    Nothing has changed. I want nightmare speed to be faster than players and what I got from faatal's post is that they are on the road to achieving that. You apparently got that they are choosing to fall short of that and leave it that way. Still not sure why you got that from his announcement of having solved the bug that capped the speed.

Wink 7 Reasons to Stream

I wish there was some page where we could read:

1 - The number of people who feel personally insulted by TFP for releasing A18 to streamers first
    2 - The number of people who feel annoyed because TFP released A18 to streamers first
    3 - The number of people who will uninstall the game because TFP released A18 to streamers first
    4 - The number of people who think it's a bad business practice releasing A18 to streamers first
    5 - The number of people who think a "paying customer" ($10) should be privy and part of A18 development
    6 - The number of people who think waiting 2 more days for A18 (after a 6 months wait) is just TOO MUCH to bear!

And finally...
    7 - The number of people who just couldn't care less about all that.
    Last edited by Jost Amman; 10-03-2019 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jost Amman View Post

1 - The number of people who feel personally insulted by TFP for releasing A18 to streamers first
    2 - The number of people who feel annoyed because TFP released A18 to streamers first
    3 - The number of people who will uninstall the game because TFP released A18 to streamers first
    4 - The number of people who think it's a bad business practice releasing A18 to streamers first
    5 - The number of people who think a "paying customer" ($10) should be privy and part of A18 development
    6 - The number of people who think waiting 2 more days for A18 (after a 6 months wait) is just TOO MUCH to bear!

And finally...
    hows the pop corn?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Waster View Post
    hows the pop corn?
    Around here? obviously salty

Quote Originally Posted by Jost Amman View Post

And finally...
    I'm number 6