View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Experimental is Out!

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1562 of 2353 FirstFirst ... 5621062146215121552156015611562156315641572161216622062 ... LastLast
Results 23,416 to 23,430 of 35295

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

  1. #23416
    Colony Founder meganoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    In A18 you lose experience. Hopefully that is enough reason to discourage cheese deaths. ��
    No, it's called a double-cheese. Gamestage gets lower because of death reseting daysalive and additionally does not advance because your level doesn't increase.

  2. #23417
    Colony Founder Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4,466
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    I wish there's a forum achievement for keeping up with this thread over phone, heh.. :-)

    So, seems like A18 will release either around my birthday, or around when my wife's delivery date. xD I envy youuuu guys so much as I doubt I'll join for some time after we bring baby home, so please don't break it. :-D

    Anyway, @madmole , what is your suggestion for 1st A18 playthrough? Any tips, favorite builds etc? :-)
    Good luck and stay strong. I'm barely getting time back to play again and my 3 kids are 3, 3 and almost 2 lol ..

  3. #23418
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,609
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Birkenhoff View Post
    I hope you'll name it Joe or Arlene (Edgar is cool, too)
    Jen just this time without the deep voice

  4. #23419
    Scavenger SilverWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    grats on girl... we had an early in-site as well on my first one and i won on a $10 bet with mother-in-law and her womans Intuition...
    Nice :-D I have yet to tell my mother-in-law that it won't be a boy she was cheering for, for months, but instead a girl who me and my wife can't wait to meet finally. ^^ But hey, first child, she may be right in the future, and I need to remember to place a bet with her. :-D

    Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalLens View Post
    Congratz!

    And I shall now predict your wife's reaction to your future daughter playing 7D2D...

    "This is outrageous! How is this possible?!"

    :P
    Yeaaa, she played 7dtd, but really can't stand zombie sounds, so imagining her face where me and daughter are playing it = priceless, it put a biiig smile on my face now. :-D :-D

  5. #23420
    Colony Founder meganoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    Yeaaa, she played 7dtd, but really can't stand zombie sounds, so imagining her face where me and daughter are playing it = priceless, it put a biiig smile on my face now. :-D :-D
    So. Do you prefer Arlene or Darlene for a name? Is your wife still open to suggestions?

  6. #23421
    Reconstructionist Jacoviz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    506
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jihh View Post
    I kinda miss the point where you are actually answering to my points. All I see is a strawman argument, since I never said I would feel forced to play experimental and I never said people wouldn't want to help. My most important point is that the to do list (filled with MF bugs) is already filled to the brim, so even if we make bug reports, TFP wouldn't even have the time to go after them yet. So why not let them clear their MF bug list first and release the experimental afterwards? Also with less gamebreaking bugs it would be even easier for us to find new bugs and make reports.
    I'm as eager to play A18 as everyone else and I wouldn't mind (gamebreaking) bugs, but it makes sense to take the most efficient path.
    I think that bugs are ordered by priority so what you are saying have no sense. Maybe there are MF bugs that are hidden yet because no one find them.

  7. #23422
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    22,342
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    I wish there's a forum achievement for keeping up with this thread over phone, heh.. :-)
    There is, but it's self imposed. =)

  8. #23423
    Scavenger SilverWolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    57
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    So. Do you prefer Arlene or Darlene for a name? Is your wife still open to suggestions?
    Well, I would pick Jen, but that deep voice reference that scared my wife few times would be an end of me. :-D
    And some distant relative of my wife is called Arlene, and I can't tell if TFP took her as a model reference. xD Although her voice is annoyingly high pitched one..

  9. #23424
    Colony Rounder beerfly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Secret place on Earth
    Posts
    1,809
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    Well, I would pick Jen, but that deep voice reference that scared my wife few times would be an end of me. :-D
    And some distant relative of my wife is called Arlene, and I can't tell if TFP took her as a model reference. xD Although her voice is annoyingly high pitched one..
    Just don`t name her Screamer It will attract stuff.

  10. #23425
    Colony Founder meganoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    2,719
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    Well, I would pick Jen, but that deep voice reference that scared my wife few times would be an end of me. :-D
    And some distant relative of my wife is called Arlene, and I can't tell if TFP took her as a model reference. xD Although her voice is annoyingly high pitched one..
    I don't think your wife needs to know the source of the name any earlier than your daughter. Until then Jen will be already sanitized (sadly but inevitably) to a female voice.

    Jen is rather conventional though in comparison to the man-eating furies Arlene and Darlene.
    Last edited by meganoth; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:24 PM.

  11. #23426
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    B.C. Canada
    Posts
    418
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicUs5000 View Post
    I agree, but still think they were onto something with the biomes in bands.
    I had posted this as a dream biome scene once before:

    That would be so nice

  12. #23427
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,328
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverWolf View Post
    I wish there's a forum achievement for keeping up with this thread over phone, heh.. :-)

    So, seems like A18 will release either around my birthday, or around when my wife's delivery date. xD I envy youuuu guys so much as I doubt I'll join for some time after we bring baby home, so please don't break it. :-D

    Anyway, @madmole , what is your suggestion for 1st A18 playthrough? Any tips, favorite builds etc? :-)
    Do trader dig quests tier 1 and 2, tier 1 get you food recipes (so you can skip master chef) and power food items like mega crush (which are great for early game mobility). Tier 2 gets you a nice grab bag of weapons/armor etc and once you graduate past those you will miss them.

    I honestly think to try a build you never would dream of at some point at least, it might surprise you. I'm fairly one dimensional in my fallout builds but 7 days seems to make it work better for some reason Like IN fallout you sort of end up picking the same perks because you have to. Like you almost have to get commando because it governs shotguns and rifles. How do you do a build without that? Then you sort of need gun nut, (unless you loot all your mods but crafting is easier so why not)? Anyhow I guess what I'm getting at is each one feels completely different and is fun, despite me thinking they might not be as good as _____. But every time I find myself enjoying it because its so much different. Like the perception guy I thought might not be so hot because well sniping isn't a huge thing in this game because draw distances aren't very long especially in POIs. But, with grenades you can just toss on everyone and blow them up at any distance (contact grenades rule).. its fills in the shorter range with that and is very nice perked up against crowds on hordes.

    And you can grab a gun and not be completely worthless unperked, perks only account for 50% of the damage in our game vs 100% in fallout 4. So my perception guy has a nice AK, good for emergency use if I get surrounded, and one ammo type to carry alongside my rifle.

  13. #23428
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,328
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by meilodasreh View Post
    Has the door collider been looked at, or was/is it one of the MF bugs?

    I found it annoying/disappointing that in MMs hordenight vids, zombies glitched through the vault door every once a while, because there were so much of them outside, squeezing each other to the door.


    By the way, it think it would be cool if lower tier doors (wood/scrap metal) had a chance to completely break off the hinges when a certain amount of zombies push against it (or single fat zombies like big mama or cop).

    That would add some scary moments, when the door is blown through the room instead of slowly geeting damaged.

    It could even be used by the player (maybe as perk/book) that you're able to enter a shed by running/crashing right through the closed front door...and then jump-escaping through the next window again because the shed is full of radiated sleepers :-)
    Supposedly that is fixed, yet to really test it heavy though.

    Maybe if it got open but wasn't completely broke would be cool. I'd hate to lose a vault door due to random bs, but it popping open letting a few in rarely if its lower health could be fun.

  14. #23429
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    52
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoviz View Post
    I think that bugs are ordered by priority so what you are saying have no sense. Maybe there are MF bugs that are hidden yet because no one find them.
    Of course they are ordered by priority. That doesn't change the fact that TFP already has a big list of MF bugs that will keep them busy. Adding even more bugs (with lower priority on that list) won't make them any faster. Of course there could also be bugs with higher priority they don't know yet, but MF bugs are bugs they consider to be must fixed before release. Releasing experimantel to find bugs that need to be fixed before releasing experimental, that's what I call not making sense.

  15. #23430
    Fun Pimps Staff madmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    15,328
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladarian View Post
    I get it. I'm against cheesing the horde system by not killing though.
    Good luck with that, you get xp for mining, looting, scavenging, upgrading. You can minimize zombie killing but to what end? You might as well turn down the xp rate and kill all you want.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •