View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Experimental is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1182 of 2394 FirstFirst ... 1826821082113211721180118111821183118411921232128216822182 ... LastLast
Results 17,716 to 17,730 of 35905

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by agrastiOs View Post
    Just try it yourself.
    No! Don't say that, SnowDog might just do it.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    No thanks, there are too many tough to navigate situations where they will look bad IMO. Its worth a try, but if it looks bad, well forget it. At a minimum we'll have survivor camps you can repair the wall before the next horde shows up, and once you do you have a small horde show up you protect them from kind of thing.
    I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    I sincerely apologize from the bottom of my fart.
    lol. You tell'em stinky!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Ahhhhh immersion.

This is a game where u believe u are really smashing zombies in the face by pressing your mouse button, while carrying 20 tons of stone in your backpack, having created a mega castle in a weeks time, But that yellow ! ---- Totally unrealistic

It makes me suddenly realize im playing a game, wth man!
    Good God I'm sick of this argument against immersion. If immersion means nothing why aren't you just still playing text adventures. The only purpose of graphics is to make the game more immersive..

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    If you don't have some silly reservation against mods you could play Darkness Falls. A very good mod even though I don't like LBD and sticks. I'm quite sure vanilla will stay a salt mine for you.
    That's the plan once(if) the game goes gold. Either play it with mods, or depending how many years it is, I may even enjoy the action oriented gameplay of the vanilla without the expectations I got used to playing during previous versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
    Not everything.

Still waiting for the smell mechanic to be redone

-A
    *sniff* you and me both.

Any chance of wolf taming making it in here?

I'd guess that efficient digestion buff increases food satiation while it is active.

Wasteland treasures will surely be the most sought after book, which is nice, since it will bring some of the thrill of discovering key recipes back. However I'd also prefer that more survival QOL recipes are tied to electricity.

Quote Originally Posted by khzmusik View Post
    The "efficient digestion" buff that comes with the mineral water. It implies there's some new "digestion" mechanic, and if so I missed it. If so, maybe the subject for the next video?
    That must have been gazz's German localization.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomaana View Post
    Good God I'm sick of this argument against immersion. If immersion means nothing why aren't you just still playing text adventures. The only purpose of graphics is to make the game more immersive..
    At the end of the day form follows function. The current ! works. However you have to ask yourself, does this fit the tone of the game, and I'd say no it doesn't. Most likely we'll change it to something, but its not going to make the game any more fun or not, but yeah we don't want to something jarring to look at. Its an effective placeholder, but you'll need to look at it for another alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by RestInPieces View Post
    I'd guess that efficient digestion buff increases food satiation while it is active.

Wasteland treasures will surely be the most sought after book, which is nice, since it will bring some of the thrill of discovering key recipes back. However I'd also prefer that more survival QOL recipes are tied to electricity.
    You haven't seen half the books yet. There are some really nice ones. This one is good don't get me wrong, but there are a lot of gems.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Its an effective placeholder, but you'll need to look at it for another alpha.
    ...works for me, now we can go back to discussing the important stuff.

Like rocks. Or something.

Reconstructionist 4sheetzngeegles's Avatar

Wasteland Book set

Madmole
    I just saw your video for wasteland books, worth the hunt for scavenger play.

Question: Does that mean that you've tied in a weighted variable for armor types and materials? Example Iron plate
    slows your actions , vs light military fibre. If so this is nice for mix and match decisions depending on your strength
    and agility level.

Survivor
    OMG just try A18 and get over it. LBD is not coming back unless someone buys the company. A18 smokes 16, 17, Fark, Crust, Gay Z, the Forrust, Subfartica, the Shaft, Stranded Geek, you name it I have a pun for it Sorry but you don't have to shove cacti up your ass to level any more.
    Nah, I'm just not interested in playing the game in it's current form. If i want to play Fallout, I'll go play Fallout, I actually still have all the DLC's that I haven't had time to play through yet.

I'll just wait and maybe you'll rebuild that part of the game again. Otherwise, once you hit full release maybe I'll be in the mood to spend 20-50 hours on the game. Or mod it to something that has longer lifespan.

EDIT: To clarify, my issues aren't just with the LBD being gone, but rather the flow on impact of that. I'm not interested in the new action oriented direction that seems to have come to focus with the skill system change. I bought this game for the in depth survival experience it had the foundation for. I definitely was not looking for another action "rpg' that rehashes the same old experience of every other game in the genre. The difference in how the two systems work with those different kind of games just happens to be the central issue.
    Last edited by Dunkurtin; 08-27-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    ...works for me, now we can go back to discussing the important stuff.

Like rocks. Or something.
    Or shoving cacti up our rectums?