View Poll Results: A18 Developer Diary

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A18 Stable is Out!

0 0%
  • 0 0%
Page 1069 of 2720 FirstFirst ... 69569969101910591067106810691070107110791119116915692069 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,035 of 40793

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigil_Thane View Post
    Can't you just drag them out of your inventory and have them burst on impact? ... I could have sworn I saw a Z-Nation video where he was doing that from a Gyrocopter.
    Hmm... I never tried THAT in a gyrocopter, however, I uh, well, did that trying to give some molotovs to a teammate amidst one feisty Blood Moon... aaaand I still never hear the end of it, from all 5 of them who I set ablaze at the worst possible time, along with myself, all while we were packed tightly into a BM tower. So, if you wanna experiment with molotovs I suggest doing so alone and away from others, ideally in a clear and open space, and prepare thyself mentally for the worst outcome. The gyro thing though, I may give that a whirl some time, sounds useful, and fun.
    Last edited by Mechanimal; 08-17-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    NO, I ignore the ones I don't know the answer to, so you can just assume I wrote "sorry I don't know" and we both won't be wasting forum space.
    So what about my idea about a book or perk that will allow you to go in 1 block? The answer “Sorry, I don’t know” does not fit here. You cannot not know is this is a good idea or not in your opinion =)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1004844

We want to try it out on safes for now. If its a big hit we can try it on doors, but we need to do a door overhaul first so we kill two birds with one stone. You can mod it in 3 seconds I'm sure.
    Sad but I guess that makes sense.
    And I don't mod at all... and before A17 never even used mods... so thats not really an option for me ^^
    but maybe A19... hopefully...

Also if you do the rework thing, maybe introduce different difficulty levels for locks. Wooddoors 95% iron ones 75% and steel doors 55% or something... that would be great. (same with a wallsafe and a gunsafe)

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanimal View Post
    So you want to toss molotovs downward in an enclosed space? Oh sweet summer child...

*not to mention surrounding yourself with turrets next to and/or above you, shooting down at the Z below... a few rounds to the back of your head may change your mind on that one too, gotta be careful with turret placement, they will absolutely shoot through you to hit their target, that arrangement sounds all kinds of suicidal, imho. ...lol... I just pictured you on a test run of that set up getting blasted off your catwalk by turrets, while on fire, into a flaming pit of hungry Z's and barbed wire.

If you decide to test this out post a video on youtube, please
    you are misunderstanding. castle turret is a building type. it is about 7 spaces wide. I use it as a horde night defense in 17.4 the mollies are thrown far enough away not to catch me. most of the time. and they explode 7 blocks below me. out of shrapnel range. tested this

Did you check TFP's twitter and mine?
    I was on TFP twitter and found the stream from a few days ago. I will check yours out.

- - - Updated - - -

That needs to be removed or cleared up immensely.
    agreed. Beer went from awesome in earlier version to I never use it.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    you are misunderstanding. castle turret is a building type. it is about 7 spaces wide. I use it as a horde night defense in 17.4 the mollies are thrown far enough away not to catch me. most of the time. and they explode 7 blocks below me. out of shrapnel range. tested this
    Ah, that sounds much better, ok good, that is pretty high up, as long as the toss clears where you're standing. I did picture it quite different, multiple towers connected via catwalk, bringing Z to the middle between them, below you, with turrets next to or above your head. That does sound very different, and somewhat familiar.

It should not be possible surviving BM by foot or on a vehicle at high gamestage. Vultures should attack aggressively.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    It should not be possible surviving BM by foot or on a vehicle at high gamestage. Vultures should attack aggressively.
    Check out the Youtube Channel of Run. He fights the Horde on the street on foot. And as far as I know he's not the only player that takes on the horde this way. Your suggestion would kill this kind of playstyle.
    Last edited by RipClaw; 08-17-2019 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
    Check out the Youtube Channel of Run. He fights the Horde on the street on foot. And as far as I know he's not the only player that takes on the horde this way. Your suggestion would kill this kind of playstyle.
    nah, just create a long roof top 3 high and 5 wide or a race track with a roof. The roof makes vultures either fly under and therefore at melee range, or they ignore you

edit: i just did a horde night where I used my min bike to get ahead of the horde. my turrets plugged away at them as I zig zagged around em. I would get off the minibike, shoot a few shots, refill the bike, or toss an explosive. once they got close, drive to the other side. rinse repeat. the roof made the vultures come under and in range of the turrets. to conserve ammo, I had the turrets aimed upwards for vultures
    Last edited by wolfbain5; 08-17-2019 at 11:02 PM.

My verdict: BM is too easy to survive. Take whatever measures necessary making that event frightful for the players. You need to survive and not play catch and have fun with the horde.
    Last edited by PeterB; 08-17-2019 at 11:33 PM.

Its pretty trival aside from making the model.
    Honestly that was a pretty good question. If your designers ever have a lack of work I think creating and adding tons of zombie models could never be a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by beHypE View Post
    Honestly that was a pretty good question. If your designers ever have a lack of work I think creating and adding tons of zombie models could never be a bad thing.
    I at the very least want them to make MM blood moon zombies that he talked about *fingers crossed*

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsey View Post
    So what about my idea about a book or perk that will allow you to go in 1 block? The answer “Sorry, I don’t know” does not fit here. You cannot not know is this is a good idea or not in your opinion =)

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...=1#post1004844
    This has already been answered many times. The answer is no. Their level designers don't want people to poke 1m holes through their POIs, and it would make escaping zombies too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanimal View Post
    Um, jumping in on this one real quick, though I should probably read the other replies first...
    Thank you for the reply. I did not get a response from anyone except you so much appreciated. I know advanced machine learning will be the norm within' the gaming industry in the coming years, IMO this will be a game changer once it does.
    Imagine if this was applied to 7D2D. Zombies learning a players strategy thus coming up with a better way of attacking a players base.
    I can see in my mind how advanced machine learning & simulated neural networks could be used in video games.
    It'll be interesting to see the first game that can actually pull this off and apply it in a useful manner for gaming. The first company that can pull it off, atleast what i invision, will make world wide news thus setting the standard for all future video games. Mark my words this will happen within the next few years. I have a simple app on my phone that uses machine learning and a very simple neural network-ish that can decode baseball coach signs they give to there players. This technology is by no means new but it has been getting refined and fine tuned in the past few years. I just cannot wait to see it implemented in video games, atleast what I invision. Cheers friend!

What do you get if you scrap the bonus perk books in A18? Obviously it's paper, but is it the standard one piece of paper, or five, or ten, or even twenty? If it's only one, I'm never scrapping them, but if it's higher than five, it would be nice to have the option to decide whether to re-read them, sell them, or scrap them. Just my take.