0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Release Estimate: October

0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • Check the First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • The following are off-topic for this thread but may be discussed in General Discussions:

0 0%
  • Release Dates, Game Mods, LBD, Level Caps, Blood Moon Evasion, Water and Boats

0 0%
  • quest marker, killable trader, book xp

0 0%
Page 1080 of 1603 FirstFirst ... 8058098010301070107810791080108110821090113011801580 ... LastLast
Results 16,186 to 16,200 of 24044

Thread: Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Are you trying to grow potatoes from store bought ones? That won't work, you have to buy a "seed" potato. Just like people who try to grow avocado trees from a seed they saved. It won't produce the same fruit, weird I know. In my current garden I have the same issue as you. The potato plant makes these little berries (don't eat) and very tiny potatoes underground. They regrow every year so I just leave them. Look up Seed Potatoes online, order some of those and you'll have more potatoes than you know what to do with.

There is already a ton of off-topic discussions in this thread so I don't feel bad posting this, hope this helps.
    Pretty sure unholyjoe was joking, since saying no potatoes "on" the plant after the flowers, since they are actually in the ground hidden.

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    well at least i know milk comes from the grocery store. i mean like yeah... i was raised on a farm... however.... i still cant figure how people are getting fresh potatoes when my potato plants dont have any potatoes on them at all... they do get a bloom but no tater. <scratches head>
    I could tell you how some farms get a high yield of crops probs a crap ton of fertilizer and the plants themselves being genetically modified

just as a side note my relative owns a rather large allotment many veg grows and they grow big and somewhat plentiful

Quote Originally Posted by mickjames View Post
    Pretty sure unholyjoe was joking, since saying no potatoes "on" the plant after the flowers, since they are actually in the ground hidden.
    My Asperger's strikes again lol. Ya, I see now he was joking. Communication is not my strong point

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Madmole: (colored, for his pleasure)

Have y'all considered making low-res versions of your zombies and using THOSE for the horde nights? No one is looking to enjoy the details on blood moons, so basically take one of your 4k PBR versions, lower it to like 512 and cheap (so it's recognizable but not very pretty close up) and use those for your day 7 spawn groups?

I should probably add, the point would be to allow for more zombies on the screen when it counts. I was rocking a 980ti and would drop to 8fps on horde nights and I didn't have everything turned on, so I bumped up to a 2080 today and will test horde nights soon, but I only saw a 20fps increase on a side by side test.
    Last edited by Guppycur; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:49 PM.

will the new ore indicators on the server collide with bikes or will they be like small stones/grass/etc. ?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    will the new ore indicators on the server collide with bikes or will they be like small stones/grass/etc. ?
    They look like huge giant borg ships so I think they'll collide.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    They look like huge giant borg ships so I think they'll collide.
    Resistance is futile when your bike hits them

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    All the testers and team think its perfect now. Feel free to screw up the game how you want though. Don't complain when the demolishers come from every angle and you didn't have enough defenses up to slow them all down in time. Time and slow leveling is your friend. Rushing to level is your enemy, the sooner people realize that they might start having some success.
    So... you're saying that demolishers will be a semi-common spawn during later gamestage hordes? Welp, I've got some planning to do (for a durable base).

Madmole, I apologize on behalf of the entirety of the community for questions like these.

ima thinkin' its safe to say yeah you will collide with them.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by ZombieSurvivor View Post
    Challenge accepted lol.
    Clear the way, when A18 drops I'll be the best at being the best or the best at being the worst, either way I'll be the best at something. *giggling* don't mind me I have had no sleep and am kinda in la la land right now.
    You'd better bring your A game, because I will surely be bringing mine. I've been using and abusing the spiked knuckles mod in my A17 world to get my brawler skills up to scratch. You can guess what attribute I'll be primarily focusing on in A19.
    Last edited by MechanicalLens; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:23 PM.

Colony Founder
    Looting is fun and all (I love me some Diablo style looting, etc) and I'm happy with a focus on looting. But lets not forget the game is being sold as a "Survival Horde Crafting" game, basically, please make sure you're not removing the need/desire to craft from the game.

this is waaay of topic but frickin' tornado started forming right over my house. I looked out my window and everything was going up instead of down. I have never seen anything like that in my life! (heart racing still) I got my camera ready so if it happens again ima catch it on film.... If you never see another post from me you know why ha ha.... jesus almighty that was frickin' scary yo

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    Sometimes I invite my zombie friends to assist me with my brain surgeries that I do in my perfectly sealed cube in the afternoon. Usually they mess everything up for some reason. Probably too bright in that damn cube...

It's a known issue that hopefully will be fixed at some point. No reason to deny it.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post985274
    I checked again and found the following.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1838981691
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1838982042
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1838982399

The first shows sunlight and shadows.
    The second a sealed wooden box. Darker.
    The third was I was just starting to dig a tunnel.

While not as dark as I thought, there is some lighting change.
    But your also right and that it could be better.

On a side note, if you do plan anymore brain surgeries, you might want to try in a well lit room.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    ima thinkin' its safe to say yeah you will collide with them.

If People don't ask the hard questions who will?

heck in the OLD days we collided with everything.